Church of the Whiterose Complex

Lunar Blessing

Yes, I only just saw your last response. 

Shae noticed him open his mouth, then close it, growing curious. He thought for a moment, then decided to suggest something. "I've been drawing birds lately, and I will be making bowls for a while. If you didn't mind, I'd be grateful for your help making the bowls- and if you could pose for me so I can get practice painting your wings, I'd be in your debt." He smiled, taking the finished bowl and seeing it to the side. He'd get it drying soon, then fire it some time in a few days. 

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

Sorry, I was writing a long response and my computer died. 

Dan fluffed out his wings as Shae mentioned them, then folded them back in. “Yeah, I was just going to ask if I could come around sometime and help out with this pottery thing. It’s strangely fascinating.” He finished his bowl, and picked it up, eyeing it critically despite the fact that he had no idea what to look for. Satisfied, he brought it over to the table where Share had put his much more elegant bowl. The faults in Dan’s where blaringly obvious when it was next to Shae’s, and he immediately felt an urge to fix all the errors. He resisted, since he figured that doing another piece would be better practice, and got more clay to shape. 

Dan set the clay on the wheel and started working at it, glancing over at Shae’s finished bowl to try and replicate the look of it. He picked it up when he was finished with it, then brought it over to the table and compared his two works. The second was definitely better. He smiled his toothy smile, then left the bowls where they were and started a third.

@ShadowLord_Lith

Shae smiled, glad to see he was enjoying himself. He was happy to hear he enjoyed the work. "Thank you... I'd be grateful for the company. You're welcome here at any time. If you enjoy this, I'm excited to see how you feel about glazing them." He smiled, humming as he continued his work. He'd done five by the time Dan finished one, all slightly different, and all of equal quality. 

7 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Shae smiled, glad to see he was enjoying himself. He was happy to hear he enjoyed the work. "Thank you... I'd be grateful for the company. You're welcome here at any time. If you enjoy this, I'm excited to see how you feel about glazing them." He smiled, humming as he continued his work. He'd done five by the time Dan finished one, all slightly different, and all of equal quality. 

Two hours later, Dan had made a fifth as many bowls and pans as Shae had, but they were looking less and less like weird globs of clay as he went on, so he qualified his work as a success. 

There wasn’t any clay anymore, Dan noticed as he set his last work, a pan with claw marks on the sides, on the table that was now filled with bowls and pans. “Ouch,” Dan mumbled, unconsciously stretching his wings out in the limited space and nearly hitting Shae with one of them. “Sorry,” he said louder, folding his wings back in and walking over to Shae. “So, um, do you have anything scheduled that you’re going to do now? ‘Cause,” he glanced down at tips of his wings, “you’re not afraid of flying, so maybe I could carry you around a bit?”

@ShadowLord_Lith

He blinked, then smiled. "Sure, I'd love to go flying with you. Though I do need to be back in about half an hour. I'll have classes for an hour after that, but then I should be free for the rest of the evening. And don't be afraid of hitting me with your wings- I've been hit by worse things. Besides, feathers have an oddly soothing feel to them." 

“These girls,” Dan said, flaring out his wings, “are pretty rough in a tough time, I’ll tell ya, and you won’t want to be on their bad side when I’m mad, huh?” He smiled at Shae, then straightened his face again. Don’t scare anyone, genius, he thought at himself. “Okay, you have time right now? Let’s go, then.” He gestured for Shad to follow him, then jogged out of the room and into the hallway, his claustrophobia pressing down on him for a minute. Then he was outside, and the huge empty space made him feel like he could actually breath. He pumped his wings and took off, then remembered that he’d offered to fly Share around, and wheeled back around, landing on the ground in a roll.

@ShadowLord_Lith

Shae smiled, following him. The man made him want to laugh, and that made him happy. He grinned. "Thanks for remembering me. And please don't stop smiling, it honestly doesn't look as scary as you think."

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

19 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Shar smiled, following him. The man made him want to laugh, and that made him happy. He grinned. "Thanks for remembering me. And please don't stop smiling, it honestly doesn't look as scary as you think."

“Not as scary as I think is still pretty scary,” Dan said, a grin breaking out onto his face. Since Shae apparently didn’t mind, he allowed the expression to stay. He walked over to Shae and picked the small man up. He didn’t seem to weigh anything, but he was over a foot shorter than Dan, so maybe that was just because of the difference. I can probably fly with him for a while. “Okay,” Dan said, “hold on.” He flicked wings out, then pumped them hard enough that an updraft caught him and carried him up. He angled himself around so that the wind was under his wings, then started soaring upward, barely even conscious of the weigh in his arms.

@ShadowLord_Lith

4 minutes ago, DoomStick said:

“Well, I believe that our churches have been on low key ‘ship war’ and it is time for this to stop completely, like the times ten years ago, when we worked together to create marvels”

“Ah, I see. I agree, it has gone on long enough.”

Shae felt a bit weird about how he was being carried, but he supposed he just wasn't used to being carried by someone else. He grinned as they flew, enjoying it. "Sometimes scary things can be beautiful... after all, the sky is full of stars. So many you realize just how small you are, and countless numbers of them inhabited. Still, the stars are truly beautiful..." He smiled.

“Stars,” Dan said over the faint wind, “are holy. The echoes of light in a dark night. That’s what my father always told me. Mind you, darkness is more holy, as are the moons, but stars are blessings on top of blessings. That’s why I’m not afraid of the dark, you see. Scary things can be beautiful, after all.”

@ShadowLord_Lith

For half a second, he didn't understand what was happening. Then he realized he was falling and a primal panic shot through him. He screamed, flailing about and trying to catch himself. For half an instant, he almost tried to awaken, flinching away from the action before he did it, flaring the metal in his stomach. That only made everything more terrifying, and the adrenaline in his system didn't help too much either. 

That was a very violent reaction, Dan thought. That one time I saw that other guy drop that short lady, she wasn’t as scared. Oh, right, I have to catch him. He’s probably going to hate me, but still. He folded his wings in and dropped, faster than Shae because he trying to fall fast with his wings, and banked to catch Shae, slowly, then landed on the ground and set Shae on his feet. 

Dan grinned, then laughed slightly. “That’s what flying feels like a lot of the time, in case you were wondering.” He waited for Shae to scream at him.

@ShadowLord_Lith

Shae blinked, his heart pounding and his eyes wide as he clung to Dan. When he could think again, and his knees felt like they could support him, he cleared his throat and stood, taking a deep breath. "I'll sound like an idiot, but... can we do that again? That was terrifying..." He chuckled, grinning from the adrenaline still rushing through his system. "I mean, terrifying, but that was also amazing. I've heard that people do dangerous things for fun, but that... I think I believe it now..." He was almost laughing, he just still didn't have the air for it, trying to catch his breath as he was. 

Aaaahh, I’m out of upvotes. 

But seriously, Shae is awesome.

That is not the reaction I expected. But Dan was okay with that, since it meant that Shae wasn’t mad. Shae’s panting was funny, so Dan laughed again and said, “Yeah, we can do that again when you start sounding like you can breathe again.” He’s not scared. He liked it, for the Sisters’s sake! Well, at least somebody else but me does. Dan’s old boyfriend (his only boyfriend ever, actually) had been scared to death of heights and almost nearly fainted whenever he’d seen Dan flying. That had been extremely annoying, and added to the reasons why Dan had broken up with him. “Are you okay yet?” Dan asked Shae.

@ShadowLord_Lith