Mistborn Adventure Game

FatherTiempo

How familiar are you with other tabletop RPGs, like dungeons & dragons, pathfinder, and shadowrun? We can get you better advice if we know that specific detail. I've never played MAG myself but I've had my fair share of other tabletop games and it looks very interesting to me.

Not very, I have a vague idea of the table top RP with the game master behind the board calling out the next occurrence in the game and stuff. I suppose I would understand D&D references though I've never played it before. 

Is the Mistborn game with narrators and players like D&D?

3 hours ago, FatherTiempo said:

Is the Mistborn game with narrators and players like D&D?

Yes. You need a group of players as well as a game master (GM). The GM either writes their own narrative or uses a pre-written story that presumable comes with the game you buy (which is probably a set of rulebooks and character sheets). The players then play through this narrative. Depending on the GM, this narrative may be very linear, and the players follow a story that the GM wants them to follow. Better GMs will learn to improvise and let the players make plot-bending decisions and write their own narrative, to a degree. The best GMs often write their own settings and stories, personally tailored for their players.

For specifics, I found a preview of the rulebook from Crafty Game's website, so it should be legal. Page 47 shows what sorts of things a Coinshot could do in-game.

Quite fortuitously, we just released the first episode of a Mistborn Adventure Game Podcast we're calling 'Lost Legends of Scadrial.' You can give us a listen to get a better feel for how the game works. We're on most of the large podcast providers and on YouTube. 

• Chaos locked this topic