FatherTiempo

So I had this idea for duels. The traditional duel involves two writers narrating their responses to the other's attacks. these are pretty cool but maybe they could be improved. In this technological age with so many wonders around us I put forward this idea. The duel will be between two members of the alleyverse (Although this could be manipulated for any kind of RP duel.) The first contestant will record his attack with either a dummy, or a human stand-in for the opponent. Then film his first attack. The next contestant will replicate the attack and defend then respond with his own attack. 

I'd like to hear what you think of the idea. I have some other thoughts on it but I'd like to hear your ideas first.

Edited by FatherTiempo

Yeah after posting this I started to see some of these flaws and other ones. (Don't you wish you saw those before you started the forum topic?) Although I would like to see other forms of dueling. I thought about artist dueling, where instead of storyline and dialogue, you post drawings for your responses. 

34 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

Yeah after posting this I started to see some of these flaws and other ones. (Don't you wish you saw those before you started the forum topic?) Although I would like to see other forms of dueling. I thought about artist dueling, where instead of storyline and dialogue, you post drawings for your responses. 

Sounds great.

Now I just have to become an artist...

It would be cool, and the picture idea might work, but they both come with their own problems. Beyond the thing for recording that Voidus said, think about characters like Melody, who have an invisible ranged attack, or windrunners and the like, or to simplify, attacks that cannot be duplicated.

The art thing comes with the flaws of, some of us are horrible artists, and wouldn't be able to do that. Also, some of the good artists spend hours upon hours on their work, and then the duels last for weeks because both are spending hours one drawing their attack. I'm not saying that people can't do this, but I don't think it's practical.

Beyond those flaws, it seems like a cool idea. Maybe if both participants are really good at CGI, they could do it, or if they don't care about it taking forever.

Yeah I wasn't sure about how to contact moderators.I

I wasnt trying to godmod  for instance I wouldn't try to chop off Alask head then draw up Winner!!!! But I figured it was a small enough mod that would be plausible. But I will be more careful in future. Would a better post have been showing the fist coming toward Alask but not hitting, or hitting and me not running away?

Still new to the dueling thing. 

Also, does Alask look like he's covering his mouth in shock or in a fighting stance. Because it's supposed to be the fighting one.

Edited by FatherTiempo