61 posts in this topic

So I had this idea for duels. The traditional duel involves two writers narrating their responses to the other's attacks. these are pretty cool but maybe they could be improved. In this technological age with so many wonders around us I put forward this idea. The duel will be between two members of the alleyverse (Although this could be manipulated for any kind of RP duel.) The first contestant will record his attack with either a dummy, or a human stand-in for the opponent. Then film his first attack. The next contestant will replicate the attack and defend then respond with his own attack. 

I'd like to hear what you think of the idea. I have some other thoughts on it but I'd like to hear your ideas first.

Edited by FatherTiempo

I think filming is going to make people a little uncomfortable, many people prefer to remain anonymous.

I agree with Voidus. Some people might be down for it, but not everyone would be comfortable with that or have the ability to do something like that as readily as something like an involved duel on here would need.

Yeah after posting this I started to see some of these flaws and other ones. (Don't you wish you saw those before you started the forum topic?) Although I would like to see other forms of dueling. I thought about artist dueling, where instead of storyline and dialogue, you post drawings for your responses. 

15 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

I thought about artist dueling, where instead of storyline and dialogue, you post drawings for your responses. 

That might work for the ones that are more artistically inclined. 

34 minutes ago, FatherTiempo said:

Yeah after posting this I started to see some of these flaws and other ones. (Don't you wish you saw those before you started the forum topic?) Although I would like to see other forms of dueling. I thought about artist dueling, where instead of storyline and dialogue, you post drawings for your responses. 

Sounds great.

Now I just have to become an artist...

I can stick man duel like nobody’s business! Who wants to fight me?

I have the perfect sparring opponent for Wereci if you want to do that in the superfight, or I’ll use Galavian

Well you've got to have an arena.

IMG_20190218_185217_hdr_kindlephoto-32099153.thumb.jpg.6e9bf94de0bac84b4e491c08cf13c91d.jpg

It would be cool, and the picture idea might work, but they both come with their own problems. Beyond the thing for recording that Voidus said, think about characters like Melody, who have an invisible ranged attack, or windrunners and the like, or to simplify, attacks that cannot be duplicated.

The art thing comes with the flaws of, some of us are horrible artists, and wouldn't be able to do that. Also, some of the good artists spend hours upon hours on their work, and then the duels last for weeks because both are spending hours one drawing their attack. I'm not saying that people can't do this, but I don't think it's practical.

Beyond those flaws, it seems like a cool idea. Maybe if both participants are really good at CGI, they could do it, or if they don't care about it taking forever.

Wait, is this open for anyone to fight you? Ok.

3E940874-C91D-4FB0-AD1A-A7A612848353.jpeg

On wow you have much neater hand writing then me.

It was just an open challenge. 

IMG_20190220_091404_hdr_kindlephoto-10037582.thumb.jpg.da5950393e441534a407dc0e91f48c6b.jpgIMG_20190220_091417_hdr_kindlephoto-10007993.thumb.jpg.3337a5bdaabd6a258e5e64d6d979e73d.jpg

Spoiler

Edited by FatherTiempo
Just didn't want to God mod

This is great.

I hope the next attack is a little damaging. We might be here for years :).

Edited by FatherTiempo

Maybe a mod would be necessary? Also, maybe you shouldn't god mod in your attacks?

Yeah I wasn't sure about how to contact moderators.I

I wasnt trying to godmod  for instance I wouldn't try to chop off Alask head then draw up Winner!!!! But I figured it was a small enough mod that would be plausible. But I will be more careful in future. Would a better post have been showing the fist coming toward Alask but not hitting, or hitting and me not running away?

Still new to the dueling thing. 

Also, does Alask look like he's covering his mouth in shock or in a fighting stance. Because it's supposed to be the fighting one.

Edited by FatherTiempo

I think that's fine.

If Itiah objects ignore me.

Edited by Ark1002

IMG_20190221_110610_hdr_kindlephoto-2680185.jpg.2269d4836e8a4457a16ddb6d270308f1.jpgIMG_20190221_110554_hdr_kindlephoto-2629410.jpg.57cfd5b255be6c9f2031150636a4a9ef.jpgIMG_20190221_110621_hdr_kindlephoto-2710291.jpg.aee7052135ecddd4c785bd4fef9e83af.jpgIMG_20190221_110610_hdr_kindlephoto-2658470.jpg.66b36dea26b9c204d2e4d0dccef4d6b4.jpg

Sorry it took so long to get this one out. I made it this morning, but didn't have any Wi-Fi when I was out.

Edited by FatherTiempo

I really like this.  We should have a championship type thing, where anyone can challenge anyone.  The one who is currently the winner is the champion.  Once he's defeated, he is no longer the champion.  Kind of random, but then again, so is this.  

Moash is the champion!

Or should we use fair characters?

Edited by beantheboy12

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!