Magic System Mashups

Lunamor

If you could mashup any two magic systems from the Cosmere to make the most powerful being possible, which would you mashup and why? And which person would you give the new powers to (assuming that they would have to learn how to use any new powers)?

For things like Allomancy and Surgebinding, this thread would work best if only one category of the system is used, as in a specific KR order or a certain type of misting. This prevents some systems from having waaaaay more power than others. For example: Windrunner x Pewter or Soul Stamping x Lightweaver.

My personal choice would be to give Raoden Elantrian x Bendalloy powers, and that would get rid of his greatest weakness, the slow speed of his powers, as drawing Aons takes up precious time in a battle.

Edited by Lunamor

Elsecaller and steel misting. If the Elsecaller learned the hack of using other magic systems to fuel others (potentially), then he or she would have unlimited.....everything. It goes like so

Step 1. soulcast steel filings

Step 2. burn steel filings and use that as a hack to fuel more soulcasting and teleporting(potentially)

Step 3: soulcast projectiles to push with your steel misting ability, or soulcast enemies/obstacles, or use your armor, or your living blade, or teleportation

Step 4: running low on metal to fuel your soulcasting and other abiltiies? soulcast more!

Step 5: profit

As to who I would give this ability to? Myself :)

12 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

Elsecaller and steel misting. If the Elsecaller learned the hack of using other magic systems to fuel others (potentially), then he or she would have unlimited.....everything. It goes like so

Do we have any evidence this would work? It seems more logical to me that the steel you make would only give you back the investiture needed to make the same amount of steel so there would be no net gain.

I'd go with Elantrian and Steelrunner. F-steel to overcome the speed issues of Aon Dor and not be as stationary as a-bendalloy.

Edited by Jace21

42 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Dalinar Steelrunner x Skybreaker.

Tempting, tempting. 

Willshaper and Forgery, given to Venli.

I'd probably give Wayne Lightweaving to add to his already existing abilities if that's valid. If not, Wayne with Lightweaver abilities and A-Bendalloy would be funny. Clown-capacity speed bubbles and infinite bendalloy. Or maybe give Wayne Steelpushing.

34 minutes ago, Jace21 said:

Do we have any evidence this would work? It seems more logical to me that the steel you make would only give you back the investiture needed to make the same amount of steel so there would be no net gain.

I'd go with Elantrian and Steelrunner. F-steel to overcome the speed issues of Aon Dor and not be as stationary as a-bendalloy.

We don't have evidence for any of it, which is why I said potentially lol. We know it is possible to fuel other magic systems with other magic systems, but we have no idea how or in what form it takes place. Theoretically you could be right, but also theoretically a few filings of steel can be burned for quite some time and even flared. The power is coming from preservation, not the metal. The metal is only acting as the gateway to that power. So I do not know how or in what manner that would be measured to match the steel itself. To me you would get a lot more bang back for what you spend to make a few tiny filings, but as I said, I got nothing at all to back it up. Just thought it would be a fun idea lol. 

Edited by Pathfinder

Rithmatics and Soulcasting.

You could literally soulcast chalk designs on the floor instantly. Soulcast a Taylor defense out of no where, form many chalklings incredibly quickly, just soulcast them instantly. A line of Vigor/Revocation rapid fire?

Rithmatics’ greatest weakness is time. When you can soulcast instant designs, it’s amazing.

Given to Joel, of course, because let’s be honest, he deserves this.

1 hour ago, Jace21 said:

I think it would work. The power isn't coming from the metal after all, it's just a key.

Dalinar with his Bondsmith powers + any of the Honor Blades but Ishar's. He could open a perpendicularity for nearly infinite Stormlight and go hog wild with the surges from the blade. Oddly I think the coolest combo might be him with Pali's blade. Imagine a Truthwatcher's lightweaving while standing partially in the SR. He might achieve Shard level precognition.

Fullborn + Skybreaker

Potentially practically unlimited investiture, find a way off Roshar and then you can full cosmere with power set. Anything you touch gets destroyed. Also interplay between lashes and steel pushes, iron pulls, and iron feruchemy means that just about any kind of trajectory or motion is possible, with enough A,F pewter and F gold to withstand G forces.

22 minutes ago, Nightweaver said:

The sheer power of duralumin fueled division would be really cool to see! I'd probably give it to young Dalinar just because he seems like the most appropriate fit for vast levels of destruction. 

I don't think he needs Division for that. It'd be fun to see, though.

• Coinshot + Abrasion = supersonic missiles
  • Lightweaving + Soothing/Rioting
  • Abrasion + F-Steel = Here comes The Flash
  • Lightweaving + Connection = Make them trust you
  • Soulcasting + Awakening = literally create your minions
  • Lightweaving + Awakening = make your minions look real

So far for the special synergies. If you consider such people clashing, then any Radiant, which you'd pick for plate and blade, is at a disadvantage in certain regards to Mistings. Radiants do not have enhanced senses and on an arcane level they are loud and deaf. And they have no way to look at the future. So in order of usefulness:

1. Atium
  2. Bronze
  3. Electrum
  4. Tin
  5. Copper

• Chaos locked this topic