Fire Emblem Three Houses

Pathfinder

4 hours ago, Lord Furret said:

*Throws Dorothea, Petra, and Bernadetta at you*

*dodges all three, but is hit by Shamir*

Joking aside, I thought Dorothea would be a far different character than she is. I mean, I assumed fanservice, but it's very different from most FE characters (barring Charlotte). Petra is a solid choice. My best friend romanced her nearly every time. I can't complain. Bernadetta almost had me with her A support (her little crush on Byleth is super cute), and I love her and all, but her S support - despite seeming (if not being) realistic in regards to trauma and recovery - wasn't as heart-warmingly cute as Marianne's. Ergo, Marianne wins (Petra is a very close second for best S support though). 

Just finished part 1, and storming rusted colors! I did not see that coming... I reallly want to try the other houses now.

I managed to recruit Bernadette, Felix, Linhardt and Dorthea (the last two just happened without me even trying). I really wanted Petra nd Ashe, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I didn't manage to get an S in support with any of the characters, so I guess now I'll have to wait until the end? I think by then I'll be on the verge of S with half the cast...

(BTW, just got Marianne's prologue, but it's a bit to late for me to make her a dancer. Flayn is my dancer instead, but she's kind of underleved, seeing as I dont really have any need to use her in battle...)

1 minute ago, Storming Radiant said:

I didn't manage to get an S in support with any of the characters, so I guess now I'll have to wait until the end? I think by then I'll be on the verge of S with half the cast...

The Way Three Houses has the S-Support work,is it is the very end of the game, and you essentially just choose who you want to marry.

I was starting to regret building Marianne to an Assassin, but then I realized how useful a high-Res sword-user is in a room full of mages.

Also, Lysithea is a ticking time bomb. She freaking killed the Death Knight in one hit!

Edited by Jaywalk

I restarted my BL playthrough because I wanted to ship Belle* (my female Byleth) with Dimitri (although now I'm wondering about Belle and Claude...but I really like the idea of Petra and Claude...).

Overall, my team isn't too bad! Belle and Dimtri are overpowered as all get-out. Belle has mastered far too many Advanced classes - and not all of them were the ones I had planned on her mastering - as well as Falcon Rider and Mortal Savant. Next are Priest and Gremory (guys, NG+ and the Knowledge Gem are NO JOKE). Dimitri's mastered Paladin, Assassin, and is almost done with Bow Knight. Then I'll work on mastering his Lord classes.

Dorothea is my dancer, and she's great (it is her personal class after all), but she's also my second best offensive magic user and primary secondary long distance healer (primary if I'm not using Mercedes). I might try Annette next time, as she doesn't have any long range magic spells or healing, and Authority is right up her ally. But she's also my rally-bot, so...maybe I'll just go back to Marianne.

Speaking of Marianne, I had tried her out as a Holy Knight before, and it really didn't work out for her, so I'm trying to get her to become a Falcon Knight pretty late in the game. She can't use magic, but she'll have mobility. 

Lysithea just unlocked Dark Knight. She hasn't been as much in the forefront as my GD run, if only because I had her longer there and I hadn't recruited everyone, so everyone overall was stronger. But she'll great as always.

Ashe is doing very well as a Wyvern Lord who uses a bow!

I'm finally on the Petra train too!

Felix is phenomenal as always, although Sylvain isn't shaping up to be what he was on the original BL run. He's far too slow this time around. 

I'm trying to make Ingrid a Holy Knight. She's unlocked Falcon Knight, but with her strength growth has been equal to her magic growth (resulting in times where she had more magic than strength), so I'm trying something new. 

Flayn isn't a dancer anymore! Yay! She's a great healer, but I wish she had learned Physic...

Linhardt will be my Dark Bishop...eventually

Shamir isn't getting as much use this playthrough, but she always holds her own.

Leonie's fine as she is (just maxed out Paladin and is now working on Sniper).

I'll turn Hilda into a Great Knight this time, as I found her to be too inconsistent as a Wyvern Lord during GD run.

Caspar is good too, but Felix covers the same ground much better.

My ships:

Dimtri x Belle (double proposal) or Dimitri x Flayn (their C and B supports are some of the best for each)

Claude x Petra (each person gets what they want) or Claude x Belle

Byleth x Marianne

Sylvain x Ingrid (it's not the best for either, but it's nearly canon IMO)

Felix x Annette (one of the few supports Felix isn't a jerk in, although in Part 2 Felix actually does tone down his behavior)

Ashe x Mercedes (Ashe's house goes from being politically reviled to crest owning and connected, Mercedes ending up with a good man)

Bernadetta x Seteth (their C and B supports are super cute)

Caspar x HIlda (their A support...;))

Dorothea x Ferdinand 

Linhardt x Lysithea 

*I chose Belle not only for the Beauty and the Beast reference, but because if Byleth comes from the demon ruler Beleth, I though Belle would be a nice shout out to Belial and Baal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on the Black Eagle students so far:

Edelgard - She’s vaguely interesting so far, but I expect her to be more so later on(especially since I’ve already finished the Golden Deer route).

Hubert - This creep is my absolute favorite.

Ferdinand - He’s full of himself, but it’s entertaining. I like him.

Petra - She’s adorable. I love her quirky speech and her personality. She’s also quite the powerful unit.

Bernadetta - I like her so far. I’m intrigued by her hermitness(is that a word?).

Linhardt - Kinda boring so far, but that’s to be expected from a guy whose defining characteristic is napping. His aversion to battle is rather interesting though.

Dorothea - Not sure what I think of her yet. She has a nice personality, but I haven’t gotten much out of her. She isn’t very powerful yet.

Caspar - He’s annoying and I hate him.

6 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Soon...soon...:ph34r:

I mean she's pretty powerful, but I found her to be even more fragile than Lysithea and Annette (Although, I may have just gotten some really bad RNG, and Black Eagles was probably my most unbalanced line up, with Byleth being at least 10 levels higher than the rest of the characters by the final chapter of Silver Snow).

5 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

I think it means that you'll either 

A. Do it all for Lady Edelgard

B. Cut a bloody path

Oh, I’m definitely B.

It was more when I got Hubert’s C support with Ferdinand. Hubert’s just waving Ferdinand off as he tries to aggravate him to no avail, using all kinds of stupid arguments.

It’s a situation I have much experience with, having siblings.

7 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

I mean she's pretty powerful, but I found her to be even more fragile than Lysithea and Annette (Although, I may have just gotten some really bad RNG, and Black Eagles was probably my most unbalanced line up, with Byleth being at least 10 levels higher than the rest of the characters by the final chapter of Silver Snow).

Interesting! Mine isn't nearly as fragile as Lysithea or Annette (who was good in my first BL run, but has really fallen behind in the current one), but I'm not sure I'd say she's as bulky as Marianne, Mercedes, or Ingrid. But still, her magic list is just plain awesome. 

I'm...not sure I'll ever get to do a Black Eagles run. I don't have it in me to do a Crimson Flower run (I can't do anti-hero/villain/Renegade/Dark Side runs on videogames. It just hurts me), nor do I want to lose the main lord of the game just for Silver Snow (I also really want to make Edelgard a dancer, but that means losing her on SS). That doesn't mean I don't know what happens. 

Just now, Wyndlerunner said:

It does help that Lysithea has access to Pavise or Aegis through Thrysus, and can already kill any unit late game fairly safely.

True, and that does come in handy. It's just that more often than not, if she's surrounded by enemies, she won't survive. Dorothea has a chance at dodge-tanking. But I've seen Dorothea die by unlucky strikes and Lysithea tank (and dodge-tank) armies, so it's all up to chance and RGN.