Fire Emblem Three Houses

Pathfinder

On 9/21/2019 at 3:49 PM, Storming Radiant said:

So, apparently playing with permadeath isn't really a good idea when it's your first time playing a strategy game and you tend to get too attached to your class... It just becomes worse, because I can't level up the class evenly because I use only the stronger characters in order to kill enemies out of fear for the lives of the weaker ones, which in turns makes the strong ones op and the weaker ones severely underlelveled. So, does anyone know how I can switch to casual mode mid-game? If it's impossible, can someone please tell me how deep I am into the story? I picked the golden deer house, and I 

Reveal hidden contents

Just got Flyan added to my class

Take advantage of the divine pulse. Just keep in mind the result of any action remains the same, it just gives you the option of doing something else. (at least that is how it works with certification and the calendar.). To say it another way, if I go to certify Bernadetta into wyvern lord with a 46 percent chance of succeeding, and it fails, if I reload that save, it will still fail, every single time. I have to wait till next week to try again and possibly succeed. I have tested it to a degree with the divine pulse and it seems to work similarly. If an attack missed and then you divine pulse, it will still miss if you do the same thing. You have to select a different power for a chance at a different result. So move your weaker ones in to attack. If it goes poorly, divine pulse, and try to kite the enemy with your stronger ones, and send in the weaker ones to finish them off. 

Edit: also I believe depending on your difficulty level, you can do battles on the weekends that do not take activity points. Apparently according to some places I have read, if you play that type of map till your characters are just about to die, and then use the retreat command on the menu, you keep all the XP you gained, but you didn't lose anyone and can then replay the map to do it all over again. So you could rinse repeat that to grind your weak ones up to the same level as your strong ones, and be balanced. 

Edited by Pathfinder

42 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

Edit: also I believe depending on your difficulty level, you can do battles on the weekends that do not take activity points. Apparently according to some places I have read, if you play that type of map till your characters are just about to die, and then use the retreat command on the menu, you keep all the XP you gained, but you didn't lose anyone and can then replay the map to do it all over again. So you could rinse repeat that to grind your weak ones up to the same level as your strong ones, and be balanced

This is true- and while I didn't play Hard/Classic, I did abuse that retreat command to get under-leveled characters to a good point on particularly difficult maps.

50 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

Edit: also I believe depending on your difficulty level, you can do battles on the weekends that do not take activity points. Apparently according to some places I have read, if you play that type of map till your characters are just about to die, and then use the retreat command on the menu, you keep all the XP you gained, but you didn't lose anyone and can then replay the map to do it all over again. So you could rinse repeat that to grind your weak ones up to the same level as your strong ones, and be balanced. 

This actually happened to me yesterday. I don't think I'll avlbuse it to level up characters as that sounds kind of tedious, but I certainly will take advantage of it in bad situations...

1 hour ago, Storming Radiant said:

That's horrible. Did you not use the divine pulse?

I was out of Divine Pulses at that point. It was like the second to last turn.

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Not Bob Ross!

I know!

It’s my fault for not training him better...I’m a little obsessed with Marianne and Claude.

1 hour ago, Jaywalk said:

It’s my fault for not training him better...I’m a little obsessed with Marianne and Claude.

I'm obsessed with Marianne as well... Claude though, I'm not giving him any kind of special treatment, but he still manages to be my strongest unit...

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

TBH, he's not that great of a unit anyway- mine barely got any strength or defense level ups, so he was dying quite a bit (I played Normal/Casual)

I've actually put a bit of time into him as an archer, and he's pretty great. He's like my second highest unit levelwise. I'm playing on Normal/Classic.

P.S

I think I might have too many archers:mellow:

Edited by Storming Radiant

About to do a Golden Deer run myself since I just finished my Black Eagle (siding with Edelgard) run. I am thinking of making Lysithia a paladin (i think, have to check), then dancer, then mortal savant, while focusing on sword and magic. That way she gets +20 avoid when wielding a sword, gets +15 avoid when using the wait command, can counter attack from any distance (except archers that use curved shot), and if an enemy is resist to magic or extra beefy, can use soulblade (Magic stat+Resist state damage). Rapheal is going to be a tank. Thinking of recruiting Syvain, so he can hang out with Hilda to effectively have a +5 damage. Ignatz I am trying to decide whether to keep him as an archer, or make him a sword master with the +20 hit to help him land astra hits and increase his crit. Lorenz is pretty open, haven't had a chance to check him out yet. Marianne from what I understand is a really good healer, so probably will go that route with her. Maybe make her a gremory. 

2 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

About to do a Golden Deer run myself since I just finished my Black Eagle (siding with Edelgard) run. I am thinking of making Lysithia a paladin (i think, have to check), then dancer, then mortal savant, while focusing on sword and magic. That way she gets +20 avoid when wielding a sword, gets +15 avoid when using the wait command, can counter attack from any distance (except archers that use curved shot), and if an enemy is resist to magic or extra beefy, can use soulblade (Magic stat+Resist state damage). Rapheal is going to be a tank. Thinking of recruiting Syvain, so he can hang out with Hilda to effectively have a +5 damage. Ignatz I am trying to decide whether to keep him as an archer, or make him a sword master with the +20 hit to help him land astra hits and increase his crit. Lorenz is pretty open, haven't had a chance to check him out yet. Marianne from what I understand is a really good healer, so probably will go that route with her. Maybe make her a gremory. 

Golden Deer advice time. If you do Lorenz's paralogue, you get a relic that functions with the Crest of Gloucester (one of the crests that Lysithea has), if you equip the right skills and make her a Gremory, you have yourself a tactical nuke.

Meme to illustrate my point:

9792bwa97jf31.thumb.jpg.e353505abe93beb59e1e82303bafcdc4.jpg

17 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

I actually trained her in White Magic and Sword skills. I’m building her towards being an Assassin.

She actually works pretty well as a dancer. (She also gets a special magic sword from a paralogue, so it's probably worth the effort to train her in swords.)

9 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

She actually works pretty well as a dancer. (She also gets a special magic sword from a paralogue, so it's probably worth the effort to train her in swords.)

Oh man, I didn't get her prologue so I didn't know that...

I am working on her lance skills to make her a Holy Knight. It's the only master class she has a chance of fitting in with my build. (Well, guess I should learn my lesson and plan these things from the start... maybe in my next playthrough)

27 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Saw this on the Fire Emblem subreddit, and thought I'd share it here for some fun antics.

5d915b96c9867_FE3Hbirthdaygame.png.714428835926ef4f8800d4eaf153863b.png

So, apparently- I entered a tournament with Bernadetta, and they joined my house. 

Feel free to share your results! Let's have some fun.

I’m dating Dedue...

I should’ve been born on the 26th...

On 9/25/2019 at 8:00 AM, Wyndlerunner said:

Well, having been playing Awakening for the past couple of weeks, I can say with a surety that it really would benefit from full voice acting. (Also, unless the plot pulls some major twists that I don't know yet, It probably won't surpass Three Houses' narrative in my mind.)

Awakening doesn't have the strongest narrative. All things considered it's a pretty basic one. But a simple story is very rarely a divisive one. Awakening has strong characters, strong designs (that IMO balance right on the edge of fantasy and super anime-y very well), and fun - if a little broken and easy to use - gameplay. Overall, it does what it does well.

10 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Also, the whole Marianne= Best Girl/ Disney Princess vibe is strong with this one:P

MARIANNE IS BEST GIRL. FIGHT ME :P

On 9/27/2019 at 1:21 AM, Storming Radiant said:

Oh man, I didn't get her prologue so I didn't know that...

I am working on her lance skills to make her a Holy Knight. It's the only master class she has a chance of fitting in with my build. (Well, guess I should learn my lesson and plan these things from the start... maybe in my next playthrough)

If you recruited Marianne and have at least a B support with her during Part 2, it should unlock automatically...at least for Golden Deer and Blue Lions...

12 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Saw this on the Fire Emblem subreddit, and thought I'd share it here for some fun antics.

5d915b96c9867_FE3Hbirthdaygame.png.714428835926ef4f8800d4eaf153863b.png

So, apparently- I entered a tournament with Bernadetta, and they joined my house. 

Feel free to share your results! Let's have some fun.

I fought with Raphael (oof. Big Oof), and I joined their house. Defeat means friendship after all. FEAR THE DEER!

On 9/26/2019 at 3:26 PM, Wyndlerunner said:

Made her a dancer on my GD run and I'm sad that I didn't on my BL run (I made Flayn the dancer because she asked so nicely. I regret it. I regret it so much).