Fire Emblem Three Houses

Pathfinder

On 8/21/2019 at 6:44 PM, NottTheBrave said:

14.5 hours into the game at this point.  Loving it so much!  About how close am I to timeskip, so I can focus my recruiting?  And what carries into new game +?  

Reveal hidden contents

I just fought the first death knight and got the sword from the crypt

You've got some time yet. Which house did you go for?

4 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

Black Eagles!  Couldn't resist chillin with Edelgard.  

Yes, Black Eagles forever! 

On 8/21/2019 at 7:44 PM, NottTheBrave said:

About how close am I to timeskip, so I can focus my recruiting

I didn't get to it until I was about 40 hours into the game, although I do absolutely everything, so it will probably be less for you.

On 8/24/2019 at 1:18 AM, NottTheBrave said:

To be fair, that's how I'm playing too!  And wow is there a LOT for you to do in the game at that!

Just as a tip, make an extra save file before Chapter...11, I believe it was. And make sure you have up to a C support with Edelgard.

Just as an aside, unless Shamir's S Support is heartwarmingly beautiful, Marianne has won the battle of Best Girl in my book. Her supports and dialogue demonstrate the one thing I like seeing in characters - tangible growth. Over the course of the game, Marianne:

Spoiler

Overcomes her suicidal thoughts, confronts her bloodline (and gains a cool sword out of it), learns the value of life as well as the ability to skill up for herself; and then surprises Byleth (and me) by proposing to him in their S Support. She's come a LONG way from the girl who felt like she was a burden to everyone. 

Not to mention she's an outstanding unit, and potentially one of the better - if not one of the best - Dancers in the game. She may not have the sheer Death Knight killing power of Lysithea, nor the long range Meteor skill like Dorothea, but she does gain Silence and is a comfy middle ground between the two. Add on the Dance skill and Marianne's always got a role to play.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started playing Crimson Flower, and wow.

Spoiler

This game is really good at making you both love and hate Edelgard... Like, legitimately, I didn't appreciate feeling used by Edie in my initial run, which is what made me choose the church route. Then, I played the Blue Lions route, and because she hurt Dimitri, I wanted to reciprocate. Now, I've come back to my unused post chapter 11 save file to play Crimson Flower to have one last hurrah before I leave for college. And, I really can see Edelgard's point of view, but I also still see everyone else's. No game has ever done that for me.

On 9/14/2019 at 0:40 AM, Lord Furret said:

Sorry for doublepost, but I JUST FINISHED THREE HOUSES AHH SOO GOOD. 

Reveal hidden contents

Ahh poor Rhea! I feel so sad, also I feel terrible about letting Flayn die! Also, apparently Hanneman and Caspar died, although I don't remember that.

Which house did you play? Because I am playing black eagles, and I believe I am at the last mission and

Spoiler

Considering the way she is acting and what she has done over the centuries, I do not feel bad for her

So, apparently playing with permadeath isn't really a good idea when it's your first time playing a strategy game and you tend to get too attached to your class... It just becomes worse, because I can't level up the class evenly because I use only the stronger characters in order to kill enemies out of fear for the lives of the weaker ones, which in turns makes the strong ones op and the weaker ones severely underlelveled. So, does anyone know how I can switch to casual mode mid-game? If it's impossible, can someone please tell me how deep I am into the story? I picked the golden deer house, and I 

Spoiler

Just got Flyan added to my class

On 9/21/2019 at 0:49 PM, Storming Radiant said:

So, apparently playing with permadeath isn't really a good idea when it's your first time playing a strategy game and you tend to get too attached to your class... It just becomes worse, because I can't level up the class evenly because I use only the stronger characters in order to kill enemies out of fear for the lives of the weaker ones, which in turns makes the strong ones op and the weaker ones severely underlelveled. So, does anyone know how I can switch to casual mode mid-game? If it's impossible, can someone please tell me how deep I am into the story? I picked the golden deer house, and I 

Hide contents

Just got Flyan added to my class

I know you can lower the difficulty mid battle, but I dont know if that's a permanent change or if you can switch it back to hard mode later. I've only played it on easy mode because of exactly what you said and it's only my second FE game, but then I realized it was VERY easy

3 hours ago, Gray to said:

I know you can lower the difficulty mid battle, but I dont know if that's a permanent change or if you can switch it back to hard mode later.

The difficulty wasn't what bothered me. It was the permadeath. Apparently it can't be changed, so I've decided to push thourgh it as is. Hopefully it won't be tragic...