Fire Emblem Three Houses

Pathfinder

2 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Lol, there is one thing I listed in my spoiler tag that I think I can post out for anyone to see that I really hope is true. At least one beast class! I really enjoyed the fox and wolf classes in Fates, so I hope they make a come back. I was afraid because I hadn't seen any among the class mates, that they nixed it. What would be really cool to me is if each house recruited one that coincides to their house's emblem. So a lion for the blue lions, a bird unit for the black eagles, and a deer for the golden deers. As to the one that you hope is false:

Reveal hidden contents

Just curiosity, any reason you especially like Lysithea? Nothing against her, just wondering why you like her in particular.

Agreed! Beast classes are always fun. Keaton's a great unit (pairing him with Hana, Azura, or Peri really helps his speed), and Panne from Awakening is one of my favorite characters in that game (Yarne turns into a better unit, but I dislike his character). 

In terms of the rumor:

Spoiler

I just dislike having to kill units I have invested in/will invest in. At my heart I'm a collector so losing a unit hurts. Like Kaze in Birthright. THAT BEING SAID, I might not know all the circumstances around Lysithea's death. I only know of that leak. I don't know how or why, and I don't want to. Once the game comes out I might feel differently, and that's cool. But for now I just don't want to lose a unit gained.

Just now, Jaywalk said:

Oh, man. That hit me real hard. It was right before I got him to S support too.

Oof. That's rough buddy. I didn't (my best friend offered to warn me but I wanted to go in blind), so I was shocked by it too. Speaking of which...I should probably open a new profile to S-support him...eventually...

1 hour ago, Jaywalk said:

Oh, man. That hit me real hard. It was right before I got him to S support too.

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

Oof. That's rough buddy. I didn't (my best friend offered to warn me but I wanted to go in blind), so I was shocked by it too. Speaking of which...I should probably open a new profile to S-support him...eventually...

That happened to me with Scarlet. In Birthright i was more focused on other units. When I got to revelation, and had a perfect crit/vantage/astra build in mind for her, she was taken away far too soon lol. Btw it looks like another one of the leaks got confirmed. warning it is a spoiler for after the time skip It is:

Spoiler

Fighting and killing the other houses after the 5 year time skip

Edited by Pathfinder

On 6/14/2019 at 0:35 PM, Use the Falchion said:

Another leak just got confirmed that may give you hope. (assuming the fate is not a predetermined huge part of the over all story)

Spoiler

You can recruit actually more than one student from other houses, though you cannot recruit the lords, and you have to do certain activities to gain them to your side. they will stay on your side even when war comes. 

2 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Another leak just got confirmed that may give you hope. (assuming the fate is not a predetermined huge part of the over all story)

Reveal hidden contents

You can recruit actually more than one student from other houses, though you cannot recruit the lords, and you have to do certain activities to gain them to your side. they will stay on your side even when war comes. 

I think they mentioned that in the gameplay demo during E3, but regardless WOOT WOOT!

Spoiler

SOON I WILL RECRUIT AS MANY COMMONERS AS I CAN INTO GOLDEN DEER AND STAGE THE PROLETARIAT REVOLUTION!

15 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I think they mentioned that in the gameplay demo during E3, but regardless WOOT WOOT!

Reveal hidden contents

SOON I WILL RECRUIT AS MANY COMMONERS AS I CAN INTO GOLDEN DEER AND STAGE THE PROLETARIAT REVOLUTION!

Yeah, they mentioned that.

18 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Hide contents

2 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

Yeah, they mentioned that.

Been watching videos analyzing info coming out of the E3 as well as Serene's Forest, so half the time I don't know which way they are coming from lol. Main thing is it looks like the thanibomb leaks have been getting confirmed left and right (the recruiting mechanic mentioned prior to E3 for instance) so it causes me to believe the rest of the leaks. 

3 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Been watching videos analyzing info coming out of the E3 as well as Serene's Forest, so half the time I don't know which way they are coming from lol. Main thing is it looks like the thanibomb leaks have been getting confirmed left and right (the recruiting mechanic mentioned prior to E3 for instance) so it causes me to believe the rest of the leaks. 

There’s also the possibility that they’re just educated guesses. I certainly figured there would be a recruiting mechanic.

1 minute ago, Jaywalk said:

There’s also the possibility that they’re just educated guesses. I certainly figured there would be a recruiting mechanic.

I will need to check to be sure but the leaks thanibomb made before they were announced were correct were:

Spoiler

1. that there is a 5 year time skip, stating 5 in particular, not just guessing a time skip

2. that there will be "phases" as in a school phase, and then a war phase, and in the war phase the houses will fight, and kill each other

3. that there will be "an eye patch, buns, and a wyvern". eye patch ultimately referring to dimitri, buns to edelguard, and wyvern is Claude's canon advanced class (the wyvern has not been confirmed yet)

4. Rhea's name before it was ever announced

5. more "classy" skinship. tea was specifically mentioned which turned out to be correct

6. dorothea's passive skill being healing

7. dorothea being a singer

8. buffs and debuffs returning

9. knuckles cannot be equipped while mounted

10. canto the skill

11. the swordswoman being named Catherine

12. the protagonist's crest is the crest of creation

So sure one or two could be guesses, but 12 being right so far? That is too much to be a good guess to me. 

10 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

I will need to check to be sure but the leaks thanibomb made before they were announced were correct were:

Reveal hidden contents

1. that there is a 5 year time skip, stating 5 in particular, not just guessing a time skip

2. that there will be "phases" as in a school phase, and then a war phase, and in the war phase the houses will fight, and kill each other

3. that there will be "an eye patch, buns, and a wyvern". eye patch ultimately referring to dimitri, buns to edelguard, and wyvern is Claude's canon advanced class (the wyvern has not been confirmed yet)

4. Rhea's name before it was ever announced

5. more "classy" skinship. tea was specifically mentioned which turned out to be correct

6. dorothea's passive skill being healing

7. dorothea being a singer

8. buffs and debuffs returning

9. knuckles cannot be equipped while mounted

10. canto the skill

11. the swordswoman being named Catherine

12. the protagonist's crest is the crest of creation

So sure one or two could be guesses, but 12 being right so far? That is too much to be a good guess to me. 

Wow.

On 6/21/2019 at 4:07 PM, Jaywalk said:

Wow.

Lol my thoughts exactly. So far all the leaks are things I like, so I am happy lol. The only thing that has annoyed me so far, and this isn't concerning the leaks, is that certain classes are only female or male. I was already preparing Bernadetta in my head as a vantage low health build. She has a personal skill where if she does not have full health, she deals extra damage. So if some of the other skills carry over where the lower health you have, the greater your crit chance, or damage, then coupled with vantage she could be an absolute beast. Then I find out that hero (I think) is the one that gets vantage and it is male only! So no vantage Bernadetta 

29 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

Lol my thoughts exactly. So far all the leaks are things I like, so I am happy lol. The only thing that has annoyed me so far, and this isn't concerning the leaks, is that certain classes are only female or male. I was already preparing Bernadetta in my head as a vantage low health build. She has a personal skill where if she does not have full health, she deals extra damage. So if some of the other skills carry over where the lower health you have, the greater your crit chance, or damage, then coupled with vantage she could be an absolute beast. Then I find out that hero (I think) is the one that gets vantage and it is male only! So no vantage Bernadetta 

I'm not a giant fan of gendered classes coming back either (I want my female barbarians! Charlotte was a beast!). But certain classes have overlapping skills I believe, so Vantage and Swordfaire might show up on a class that's female exclusive. Like, what if (one of(?)) the higher tiers of a Pegasus knight has Swordfaire, Canto, and Vantage? It probably won't but it might...

12 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

I'm not a giant fan of gendered classes coming back either (I want my female barbarians! Charlotte was a beast!). But certain classes have overlapping skills I believe, so Vantage and Swordfaire might show up on a class that's female exclusive. Like, what if (one of(?)) the higher tiers of a Pegasus knight has Swordfaire, Canto, and Vantage? It probably won't but it might...

Good point. Like you though I could see it going either way. On one hand it would be nice because then the opposite sex characters would not lose out on certain skills, but on the other hand, then the classes would lose their uniqueness (here is the female hero, here is the male priest, etc). Then again since class skills remain with the class, giving different combos like you said could keep the variety going. So who knows. Hopefully!

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I love the designs on the classes, and the attack animations. I may be greedy but I kind of hope this isn't all the classes. For example that as you advance through the story, more classes open up and can be seen in that screen saver. The main reason, is I really want a beast class. I am hopeful that the theory going around that the crest beasts are people who experimented with the crests and got turned into monsters. That depending on the house we pick, we may run into characters from other houses transformed and potentially recruit it trying to help them gain control over the transformation. The way one of the monsters roared in one of the gameplay videos makes me think it might be right. Sounds like a voice is underneath the monstrous overlay. Seeing how the monsters look epic, and potentially each crest would have its own monstrous forms, I think that would be amazing!

Speaking of crests, they have been releasing what the crests do in tidbits. Sylvain's crest gives him a chance to have an extra attack. They don't say what the activation chance is, but I am already picturing giving him gauntlets for possibly 3 attacks! lol. 

5 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

I love the designs on the classes, and the attack animations. I may be greedy but I kind of hope this isn't all the classes. For example that as you advance through the story, more classes open up and can be seen in that screen saver. The main reason, is I really want a beast class. I am hopeful that the theory going around that the crest beasts are people who experimented with the crests and got turned into monsters. That depending on the house we pick, we may run into characters from other houses transformed and potentially recruit it trying to help them gain control over the transformation. The way one of the monsters roared in one of the gameplay videos makes me think it might be right. Sounds like a voice is underneath the monstrous overlay. Seeing how the monsters look epic, and potentially each crest would have its own monstrous forms, I think that would be amazing!

Speaking of crests, they have been releasing what the crests do in tidbits. Sylvain's crest gives him a chance to have an extra attack. They don't say what the activation chance is, but I am already picturing giving him gauntlets for possibly 3 attacks! lol. 

I feel ya. Outside of the beast class, I'm pretty happy with the selection so far, especially given that most weapons can be used in classes despite the class having certain favorites. 

All I need to do now is figure out who my dancer should be for each run (I'm thinking Dorothea for BE, Annette or F!Byleth (if possible) for BL, and Marianne for GD) and who gets Mortal Savant (other than Byleth most likely...and maybe Dorothea if she's not a dancer...)

17 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I feel ya. Outside of the beast class, I'm pretty happy with the selection so far, especially given that most weapons can be used in classes despite the class having certain favorites. 

All I need to do now is figure out who my dancer should be for each run (I'm thinking Dorothea for BE, Annette or F!Byleth (if possible) for BL, and Marianne for GD) and who gets Mortal Savant (other than Byleth most likely...and maybe Dorothea if she's not a dancer...)

I completely agree. I love that the weapons can be leveled up separately and add even more customization. 

Lol, yeah I already have potential builds all over the place. I think I am still going to go for the black eagles, but the other classes look great too!

19 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Well, my local Walmart is selling Three Houses ahead of release...

The temptation to pick it up now is incredibly strong

I say go for it. I pre-ordered the seasons of war edition to be sent to my house the day of, but turned out the day lands on the same day I am traveling to Canada for a concert. So I will still have to wait lol. Play in my stead. 

48 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

I say go for it. I pre-ordered the seasons of war edition to be sent to my house the day of, but turned out the day lands on the same day I am traveling to Canada for a concert. So I will still have to wait lol. Play in my stead. 

My main issue is the funds necessary, if you know what I mean.

On 7/25/2019 at 11:08 AM, Jaywalk said:

I think I might start with Black Eagles myself.

I'm debating either Black Eagles or Golden Deer.

Edit 7/26/19: I have officially declared my allegiance to the Adrestian Empire. Black Eagles all the way!

Edited by Wyndlerunner