Fire Emblem Three Houses

Pathfinder

8 hours ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

*Heavy applause*

I loved all of it. Well... mostly all of it, but that's just because I'm wary around adult romance in general. It's a personal nitpick thing. I think you captured those characters' essences perfectly, though!

Thank you! They were all pretty fun to write, and I'm glad you enjoyed them. 

Edit: Extra Note about the Claude/Edelgard Support:

Spoiler

In my head, Edelgard's recruitment would be revealed during the Dubstep Level. You would start the mission normally, and around turn 2 or 3 Edelgard would come down as an ally, and Claude would state that she's right on time. This would throw Thales for a loop, but I imagine it to be a fun reveal.

After the battle, the Golden Deer are confused as to why Edelgard is there, and then there'd be a flashback with Claude stating that they faked Edelgard's death and she's now a prisoner under his watch. (The distinction between "Claude's watch," "the Alliance's watch," and "the church's watch" will be talked about by Lorenz in the Monastery in the next chapter, as he noticed the change and is suspicious about it.) 

However, the events that are going on in the flashback tell a different story. Things are going as they do in the normal version, with Claude & Co. receiving the letter about the whereabouts of TWSITD. Byleth then asks Claude if they did the right think, to which Claude would mention that he'd like to speak to Edelgard about this, if he had the chance. From there, Byleth would go back in time to the moment he killed Edelgard and instead knock her out, capturing the Emperor. 

From there, we'd see Edelgard and Claude's A support, and then we'd head back to the present. For all of this to happen, one would need Claude and Edelgard to be at an A Support level by the time Part 2 roles around, but I don't think it'd be that hard to do. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

So, a few days ago we received our first "Next Fire Emblem 'Leak.'" I'm using all of the quotations to show how much I believe this. Overall the idea is interesting, and while I wouldn't put too much stock into it given its origin, schedule, theming, and previous FE "leaks" (remember Gothic Emblem and Pirate Emblem?), I think it's more probable than what people usually give it credit for. 

Anyways, I'll link it here and let y'all decide. 

Fire Emblem remake announced in 2021, new game announced in 2022 based in Africa (According to 4chan) : GamingLeaksAndRumours (reddit.com)

• 1 month later...

So...it's time for another terrible made-up support! This time I tried something incredibly different. I tried an OT3. Y'all, this was hard, so please don't expect many in the future.*

So for now, enjoy F!Byleth x Dimitri x Dorothea. (Dimitri/Dorothea is partially written but is in need of rewrites, so it'll give it to y'all at a later date.) Accompanying song is "Wait For It" by Leslie Odom Jr. from the Hamilton soundtrack. I'd recommend watching Szin's animation of the song first however. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X04-9LE6EOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulsLI029rH0

C-Support:

Spoiler

*Byleth and Dorothea walk by*

Dimitri: Professor, may I borrow Dorothea for a moment?

Dorothea: Prince Dimitri? Can I help you with something?

Dimitri: I have a request, if it isn’t too much trouble to ask. I was thinking of an opera my father used to take me to as a youth.

Dorothea: Oh, let me guess. You’ve forgotten the title and you need help remembering it. 

Dimitri: As astute as always. 

Dorothea: I’d love to help, but the Professor and I were discussing something that can’t wait

Dimitri: Ah, pardon my interruption, Professor. Dorothea, I look forward to your assistance.

*Dimitri leaves*

Byleth: ...what we were talking about wasn’t important. 

Dorothea: Professor, you don’t know? When a man asks for your time, you must give it to him on your schedule. Make him desirable, and you can have all you desire. 

Byleth: Does this mean that you’ll help Dimitri?

Dorothea: Of course! The chance to help a prince is one many such as myself won’t often see. 

Dorothea: Although, maybe I could turn this into something more...there are so many operas about youth falling in love...convincing our dear prince that his father took him to a story like that to remind him of his mother, and then suggesting that their story could repeat with us...a girl can get used to the idea! ...is that what you meant Professor?

Byleth: …

Dorothea: Don’t worry, I’ll help him find the show...on one condition. 

Byleth: What's that?

Dorothea: You help out too. Won’t it be fun to experience the opera firsthand?

Byleth: I guess…

Dorothea: That’s the spirit!

B-Support:

Spoiler

Dorothea: Prince Dimitri! 

Dimitri: Ah, Dorothea. Are you here to help me? 

Dorothea: Yup! I even brought a friend. 

Dimitri: Professor?!

Byleth: I’m sorry, I won’t be of much help here. 

Dorothea: Nonsense Professor! Your job is to have fun this time. Besides, I can’t imagine how lucky our Prince here feels, having two beautiful women help him study. There are stories about situations like this, you know. 

Dimitri: I-I mean-that is-

Byleth: Dorothea…

Dorothea: I kid, I kid. Prince Dimitri, what was the story of the opera you’re searching for?

Dimitri: I can’t remember much, but I remember it involved a love between three people. One of the suitors was in white, as if to represent the pure and unattainable. The other was in black and red, as if representing the eventual scorn and dejection they would face.

Dorothea: …

Dimitri: The one torn between the suitors was...I remember the singer’s voice now...there was so much pain…

Byleth: It sounds like a lovely opera./It sounds like a tragic story. (Player can choose)

Dimitri: ...my father...he used to say that my mother would...

Dorothea: I think I know the story you’re referring to. 

Dimitri: ...

Dorothea: I believe it’s the Dragon Fang Saga. It’s not a very common performance these days; many tout its story as being the best, despite having never seen it.

Byleth: Have you performed it before?

Dorothea: Only a handful of times. It was the first opera I saw Professor Manuela perform when I joined the Mittlefrank Opera Company.

Dimitri: ....

Byleth: Let’s go see it. 

Dorothea: !!

Dimitri: A wonderful idea Professor...but where would we find a showing?

Dorothea: You know, I think there’s a company performing it in the Adrestian Empire.

Byleth: That’s a little far…

Dorothea: And the admittance won’t be cheap…

Dimitri: I can take care of such things, assuming the Professor approves of this trip. 

Dorothea: The luxury of being a Prince. Come on, what do you say Professor? How about a little class trip to the Empire’s capital?

Byleth: Let’s do it.

Dorothea: Yes! Thank you Professor! 

B+ Support: 

Spoiler

Dorothea: Well, what did you think?

Byleth: That was amazing. 

Dorothea: Was this your first opera, Professor?

Byleth: *Nods*

Dorothea: It would have been better if it was the Mittlefrank Opera, but I’m glad you enjoyed it. Was this everything you thought it would be, Prince Dimitri?

Dimitri: …

Byleth: Dimitri?

Dimitri: Ah, forgive my  expression. I was just...Lady Dorothea, thank you so much for helping me find this opera. This was indeed what I was looking for. 

Dorothea: I should be thanking you! A free show and trip to Enbarr aren’t cheap. 

Dimitri: What would be the point of me seeing the show if I couldn’t share my past with the present? 

Dorothea: What a polite thing to say. 

Byleth: The story was very complex. 

Dimitri: Indeed. My father used to praise the romance, but I didn’t remember there being so much violence or tragedy either. 

Dorothea: Two families and so many countries torn apart by the love of one person...two generations of war due to that love…

Dimitri: ...the son at the end...was he truly honoring his father?

Dorothea: Prince Dimitri?

Dimitri: Ah, it was nothing but a careless thought. 

Byleth: What do you think?

Dimitri: I’m not geared for such complexities with no preparation. Maybe I’ll answer another time. Dorothea, you said that this was the first opera you saw Professor Manuela perform, yes?

Dorothea: That’s right.

Dimitri: Is it your favorite? 

Dorothea: I like it, but I think I prefer The Butterfly Princess. 

Dimitri: The Butterfly Princess...now there’s an opera I haven’t seen in a while. 

Dorothea: Prince Dimitri, The Butterfly Princess is one of the most widely performed shows! 

Byleth: The Butterfly Princess…?

Dimitri: It’s an opera about a woman who transforms into a butterfly and changes the past...it’s quite the tale.

Dorothea: The romance, the intrigue, the variety, it’s all phenomenal!

Byleth: Variety?

Dimitri: A key aspect of The Butterfly Princess is the romance. The original notes mention children, but the parents are left up to the companies to determine. 

Dorothea: No show has the same two romances, and the variety within that makes each experience a little different. 

Dorothea: I’ve performed it multiple times. Sometimes it was as one of the lovers, other times the princess herself… *nostalgic sigh*

Byleth: ...I see…

Dimitri: Say, Dorothea, why don’t we see if we can find a showing. The night is young, and I’m sure the Professor would love to see this firsthand. 

Dorothea: Why Prince Dimitri, you read my mind. 

Byleth: *concerned/tired face*

A-Support:

Spoiler

Dimitri: Dorothea.

Dorothea: Prince Dimitri.

Dimitri: Please, we have known each other long enough. It’s simply Dimitri.

Dorothea: If you say so.

Dimitri: I was wondering...do you happen to know of any operas playing the Dragon Fang Saga?

Dorothea: I can’t say I do. War makes entertainment difficult to come by. 

*Byleth enters*

Dimitri: Professor.

Byleth: You were talking about the Dragon Fang Saga?

Dorothea: Our prince was wondering if we could find a place to watch it. Sadly it’s not possible. 

Byleth: Why don’t we put on a showing here?

Dimitri: Put on a showing...that might work...our troops could use a morale boost after all. 

Dorothea: ...the Dragon Fang Saga isn’t a happy story. 

Dimitri: Right again...actually...heh…

Byleth: What’s so funny?

Dimitri: Oh, I was simply thinking about our night in Enbarr so long ago. Why don’t we repeat that?

Dorothea: What do you mean?

Dimitri: A back-to-back showing of the Dragon Saga and The Butterfly Princess. Two shows, one showing the horrors of war and our pain, and the other showing our power to challenge destiny, and our hope. 

Dorothea: ...that’s not a bad idea. 

Dimitri: We’ll need someone truly skilled to make sure this goes off well. 

Byleth: Dorothea, can you do it?

Dorothea: Me? I’m...not sure...I haven’t…

Dimitri: Dorothea, we’re not asking you to sing. This war has taken things from us...some things we may never retrieve...but I - we need your help. 

Byleth: We believe in you.

Dorothea: Pressure from a prince and a commander...who am I to say no. 

A+ Support: 

Spoiler

*Cheering and clapping*

Dorothea: Thank you, thank you!

*Scene changes*

Byleth: That was amazing!

Dimitri: I agree. Dorothea, you were breathtaking.

Dorothea: Be careful you two! Keep it up and we may have a situation straight from the Dragon Fang Saga. 

Byleth: We would share. 

Dimitri: *clearly embarrassed* PROFESSOR!

Dorothea: *Blushing* Professor, if you keep that up, you may be the only ones hearing my songs in the future. 

Byleth: I’d like that. 

Dimitri: The Professor’s joking has improved, that much is sure…

Dimitri: Dorothea, how did it feel to return to the stage?

Dorothea: It was different than before. Those stages, that crowd, the songs…I know them so well, and yet it felt so different. So new…

Dimitri: And yet, so old.

Byleth: ...like an old wound?

Dorothea: One that will never heal, but you grow accustomed to. 

Dimitri: I think I understand him now...

Byleth: Understand who?

Dimitri: My father. 

Dorothea: Oh, you said that the Dragon Fang Saga was his favorite opera, no?

Dimitri: I think this song reminded him of my mother. That she would always drag him to a showing. It didn’t matter the time or the stage or the company. 

Dorothea: She sounds like a great woman…

Dimitri: I think I understood why now...my father...this crown, this burden we bear...this story...it reminds us of what came before us and how our actions alone shape the future. 

Byleth: ...you’re not alone.

Dimitri: No, I’m not...Professor, Dorothea, thank you again. 

S-Support: 

EDIT:

(Requirements: Dorothea's paralogue completed; Dimitri/Dorothea support chain at A; Byleth/Dimitri support chain at A; Byleth/Dorothea support chain at A)

Spoiler

Dorothea: Dimitri, you asked us to meet you here?

Byleth: What’s going on?

Dimitri: ...I think I realize another reason my father took me to see The Dragon Saga. 

Byleth: Oh?

Dimitri: In the story, the main star falls in love with two people. The love for them is different for each person, but it is there, nonetheless. 

Dimitri: My father loved two women, my mother and my step-mother. I never understood this. Did he love one more than the other? Did he replace the love of one with the other? I wanted to hear the opera again in part to understand these questions and hopefully gain the answers. 

Dorothea: And now?

Dimitri: I think I have the answer. The loves are different. Neither had to cancel the other out, because they were different expressions for different women. 

Byleth: Dimitri…

Dimitri: I...I love you both. I am sorry. I know that’s what either of you want to hear, but it’s the truth. 

Byleth: Dimitri...we love you too.

Dimitri: !!

Dorothea: The Professor...darling and I talked about it on our way up. We’re still not sure how this will work, but we can make this work. 

Dimitri: I...even in my wildest dreams, I had never hoped…

Dimitri: Faerghus will have to prepare for two queens. That would mean two queen quarters, and two sets of handmaidens. Or would you share? No, some things must be kept separate…

Byleth: And there he goes…

Dorothea: This is the man we’ve chosen to love. Heh, I can see how our story would be in an opera...maybe I should write it myself, to get ahead of the rest…*starts humming*

Byleth: And there she goes…

Epilogue:

Spoiler

After an exchange of rings, Byleth, Dorothea, and Dimitri vowed in the presence of the goddess and each other to live and love each other for eternity. Despite this, Dimitri could only officially marry one of his beloveds. Byleth and Dimitri were soon wed. Dorothea, shied away from the public eye, preferring to watch over the many children the three produced. However, her influence on her lovers’ policies cannot go unstated.

Author's Notes

Spoiler

And there you have it! Again, I'm not entirely sold on the voices yet, but it'll do for now. Dimitri and Dorothea's interactions feel a little weird here, but I think that's due to me not knowing how exactly to write Part 2 Dorothea (who's a lot more jaded than I can really do right now) as well as not having a full grasp on Dorothea and Dimitri's relationship at this point, or knowing how an OT3 should actually be written or function. Byleth felt very quiet during this, making the "I love you" aspect harder to believe. But I think that making players jump through so many hoops makes the S-Support work a little better. 

The plays in question are clear references to Genealogy of the Holy War and Awakening. (The Dragon Fang in question is actually Tyrfing!) I'm leaving it vague as to whether or not they're just stories or historical fiction...but to give you a glimpse into my view of things: I really wanted to include a scene where Dimitri and Dorothea talk about how the Dragon Fang Saga is a historical fiction and romanticizes the relationship between the main singer (in this case would be Deirdre) and her two lovers (Sigurd and Arvis). This would have been my little Hamilton Easter Egg as well. I also wanted foreshadowing to the OT3 by having Dorothea note that the genders of the three lovers has changed from the traditional format, and is now up to the companies. (This could be considered my Othello Easter egg.)

Other miscellaneous notes: Dorothea got a very nice prenup agreement signed, and three rings were exchanged: Byleth gave Jeralt's ring to Dorothea, Dorothea gave the ring she gained from her paralogue with Ingrid (that she later gave to Byleth) to Dimitri, and Dimitri gave his family ring to Byleth. It probably should be the other way around, but I like it as it is right now. 

About polyamory: I'm aware that not all polyamorous relationships would look like this one. Many seem to be V's from what I've seen, and while I wanted to be respectful of that, I also didn't want this to be the "ultimate male fantasy" with two girls pining over one guy. That's part of why I made the other supports a requirement for the S-Support. I wanted all parties to be equally willing to love one another, as well as acknowledge the bisexuality of Dorothea and F!Byleth within the relationship.  

Dorothea may seem like she got the short end of the stick, but I wanted the ending to be true to a majority of Dorothea's endings, where she more or less retreats from public scrutiny. I also like the "babies ever after" trope, so I gave the throuple lots of babies. 

*If I did do more, it'd be Claude/Edelgard/Petra and/or M!Byleth/Marianne/Shamir. Not sure how to get Shamir and Marianne to have anything in common though... Others that I won't do that would make sense and would probably be fan-favorites would be Claude/Edelgard/M!Byleth and M!Byleth/Manuela/Dorothea, F!Byleth/Rhea/Catherine, or M!Byleth/Catherine/Shamir. 

• 2 weeks later...

So...Gatekeeper took first place in Fire Emblem Heroes' Choose Your Legends contest for the men. Marianne took it for the women, beating out Eirika (who got second place) and Female Byleth (who got third). Next year - barring any crazy meme status characters stealing the spotlight again - we'll probably see the Three Houses girls steal the women's side (again). ...unless a remake of FE4 comes out, and then Byleth may have some competition in Deirdre, Julia, and Ayra (and another female Avatar, assuming they add one). 

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1356439793706684418

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

This thread is dying???

*divine pulse*

Who wants to hear about the hip new 3H speedrun category?

The thread is dying, and that's not a bad thing. Most threads die eventually; hopefully we'll get news of a new FE game to become excited about. 

And go ahead, what's the category?

39 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

The thread is dying, and that's not a bad thing. Most threads die eventually; hopefully we'll get news of a new FE game to become excited about. 

And go ahead, what's the category?

It’s called...

*drumroll*

Lorenz%!!

You have to permkill Lorenz as fast as possible and finish the battle to make sure he STAYS dead. Basically, you get to the first real mission (with the bandits), kill Lorenz, and finish the battle so that you can’t divine pulse his death or anything.

17 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

It’s called...

*drumroll*

Lorenz%!!

You have to permkill Lorenz as fast as possible and finish the battle to make sure he STAYS dead. Basically, you get to the first real mission (with the bandits), kill Lorenz, and finish the battle so that you can’t divine pulse his death or anything.

But...why...? 

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

BECAUSE LORENZ IS A JERK AND KILLING HIM IS FUNNY.

Hm... that sounded way more vindictive than I expected.

Definitely more vindictive...I mean, I like him because his supports are pretty good (his Ferdinand von Aegir, Claude, and Leonie supports easily being the best), but I do understand the vindictive side - I cheered when killing Selena in Fates: Birthright...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back with another support idea! This time it's Marianne and Manuela.

Recommended soundtrack - "Wait For It" by Leslie Odom Jr from the Hamilton Soundtrack (again) and "Lost In Thoughts, All Alone" by Amalee. 

Unlocking Requirements: Marianne must win the White Heron Cup and become a Dancer. 

C-Support: 

Spoiler

Marianne: ...this is a bad idea, but I want to get better…

*Marianne knocks on a door*

Marianne: Professor Manuela?

Manuela: Whosit? Whatsit?

Marianne: It’s Marianne...I...I need to ask you a question…

Manuela: Donncomein…

Marianne: Come in? If you say so…

Manuela: EEEEEK!

Marianne: AAAAAH!

*Fade to black and transition later*

Manuela: Well, that was a turn of events…

Manuela: Marianne, forgive my, ah, previous state.

Marianne: No, it’s my fault for bothering you. I’m sorry…

Manuela: No, no, it’s my fault.

Marianne: No, I must insist - 

Manuela: *winking* And insist all day long you can, but I assume you came to ask me for something other than room cleaning advice....speaking of, let’s ah, not tell anyone about the vase...or the floor...or my mirror... 

Marianne: Right…

Manuela: Is it about boys?

Marianne: *blushing* B-boys!? I...ah…

Manuela: I’m teasing you, dear. What did you really need me for?

Marianne: My dancing isn’t that good, so I was...I was wondering if you could tutor me...I’m sorry, I’m sure you have better things to do!

Manuela: Absolutely!

Marianne: I knew it, I’m a burden…

Manuela: What? No! I mean, I’d absolutely love to help you with your dancing! Your performance at the White Heron Cup was breathtaking! So fragile, as if you would break with a touch. And yet, such grace!

Marianne: Oh!

Manuela: Yes, yes...let me get my gear, and some quills and ink, and we’ll meet for your lessons soon! Oh, it’s been so long since I had a protégé! Little Dorothea may need to watch out, because when I’m done with you, kings and nobles will be lining up to see you dance! 

C+ Support:

Spoiler

Manuela: ...and turn, and flourish!

Marianne: …

Manuela: And that’s how it’s done. Any questions?

Manuela: Marianne? Sweetie, you came to me for dancing tips, but I can’t help you if you don’t speak up.

Marianne: I’m sorry!

*Marianne runs off*

Manuela: Well that was an experience. Usually I scare men away, not children...

B-Support: MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE THE FINAL BATTLE OF PART 1 (Before Chapter 12)

Spoiler

Manuela: Marianne! There you are!

Manuela: I heard that you tried to turn in your dancing wardrobe!

Marianne: I’m sorry...but I just can’t do this. This was a mistake. I can’t dance like you or Dorothea. It’s better if I quit now…

Manuela: You… 

Manuela: *sighs*

Manuela: That’s your choice Marianne. I’m sure your professor understands.

Manuela: ...s/he does know, doesn’t s/he?

Manuela: Oh child, come here…

Marianne: No! I’m bad luck!

Manuela: I’ve dealt with harsher worlds than what a little luck like yours can bring me, now come here.

*Marianne and Manuela hug*

*Marianne stifles a sob*

Manuela: Marianne, your professor chose you for that contest for a reason, and rightfully so. You won, child. You were chosen not only by your professor, but a panel of judges. 

Marianne: But I’m - 

Manuela: Cursed? I don’t think a single person here thinks that, and trust me, I know cursed. A pretty young thing like you cursed...ah, youth…

Marianne: I’m still not as good as you or Dorothea…

Manuela: Marianne, young Dorothea and I were professionals. Our lives depended on our skills, and we had to train day-in and day-out for those skills. Yours didn’t - you’re not a professional, and that’s fine, dear. 

Marianne: So I’ll never be as good?

Manuela: ...can I let you in on a little secret?

Marianne: I guess…

Manuela: You’re a natural. 

Marianne: *Shocked [Pikachu] Expression*

Manuela: I’ve only seen the talent for dancing you innately possess a rare handful of times. Marianne, with a little practice you can become a wonderful dancer. 

Marianne: I...I’m not sure I can, but thank you Professor Manuela. I…I think I’ll keep this outfit a little longer. 

Manuela: Good girl. Here are some notes I wrote for you to study when I’m not there to guide you - apologies on the wine stains. Now, off to class with you!

*Marianne leaves*

Manuela: But dancing is more than just the uniform and the routine.

*Manuela sighs*

Manuela: Professor (Byleth), I leave the rest to you. Treat her well and keep her safe. Keep them all safe...

A-Support:

Spoiler

Marianne: ...and flourish!

Manuela: Excellent! Bravo!

Marianne: Ah! Professor Manuela?!

Manuela: Great job, dear! What a beautiful routine. 

Marianne: It’s not per-...no...thank you, Professor Manuela. 

Manuela: ...these five years have treated you well. Tough, but fair. 

Manuela: Your dancing...it exudes sorrow and longing, but the desire to continue fighting...such strength. Marianne, it was wonderful. 

Marianne: Thank you Professor Manuela. I couldn’t have done it without your training and notes. 

Manuela: And there’s more, isn’t there...who do you think about when you dance?

Marianne: Who do I think about? 

*Marianne blushes heavily*

Manuela: I knew it! It’s [Insert Closest Unit Here*] isn’t it?

Marianne: I...I-I-

Manuela: *winking* Ah, love...no matter, don’t worry, I’ll keep a secret between gals!

Marianne: I still have one problem...my dancing...it feels fake. I can’t describe it, but it’s like - 

Manuela: That woman on stage isn’t really you? Like you’re watching your body go through the motions and feelings of a stronger person?

Marianne: ...yes.

Manuela: Then you’ve learned the final secret. 

Manuela: Marianne, we’re performers. When we sing or dance - when we’re on that stage, no matter the true location - it’s not our feelings that matter, but how we make the audience feel. It’s great if we can feel the feelings we emote, but it’s not necessary either. It’s alright to be scared, or sad, or tired. We all feel that. But we must never let our audience see that. They come to us to laugh and cry and feel human. To feel peace. That’s what we must give them, if only for a time. 

Marianne: It’s so tough at times…

Manuela: The burdens of kings and stages...but there’s one extra secret. 

Marianne: There is?

Manuela: Yes. Marianne, that stronger person you see? That’s you. You are her, graceful and beautiful, standing tall. But you are also the young woman who feels all the emotions the dancer cannot show. 

Manuela: It’s not an either-or situation, dear Marianne. You are both. 

Marianne: I…

*Marianne hugs Manuela*

Marianne: Thank you, Professor Manuela. For everything. 

Manuela: Oh, child…

Manuela: Enough of that! Your dancing has improved, but can you clean a room yet?

Marianne: Professor! That was so long ago!

Manuela: And my room still hasn’t recovered! Come now, I’m sure the one you dance for will adore you even more if you learn how to tidy up!

Marianne: Professor!

*See Extra Note Below

Extra Note:

Spoiler

If her closest person is 

Dimitri - "Prince Dimitri, isn't it? Two lost souls, finding their way in this world, how romantic! And didn't I tell you that kings would be begging for your attention?"

Claude - "Your former house leader isn't it? A dashing young rebel leader and an inspirational but slightly-closed-off noble, I can hear the songs now! All we need is a sheltered youth who dreams of bigger things...ah, but back to your love life - didn't I tell you that nobles would be begging for your attention?"

Byleth - "The Professor, isn't it! Oh! A former student and teacher romance, how romantic! And how scandalous! But he's done so much for you, it's only natural. And don't worry, I've seen the way he looks at you."

Hanneman - Manuela will default to the second-highest person. 

Hilda - "Lady Hilda, isn't it! Why Marianne, I didn't expect this of you! But here you are, always surprising me. I wish you nothing but joy, dear child."

Epilogue:

Spoiler

Epilogue: At the behest of Manuela, Marianne rejected her adoptive fathers demands to return von Edmund’s territory. Instead, the two women headed to Enbarr, where Marianne joined the Mittelfrank Opera, becoming a star whose shine surpassed all others. Nobles from all of Fodlan and foreign kings came to watch her performances, her smiles melting hearts. But Marianne’s smiles shone brightest at the end of the day, when she spotted Manuela in the front row of every performance. 

Author's Notes:

Spoiler

About a week or so ago, I realized that I couldn't find the right OT3 theming for Marianne/Shamir/Byleth, but figured maybe I could figure out something for Marianne/Manuela/Byleth. That idea gave birth to Manuela mentoring Marianne. Fortunately I can't really see how to...guide this into an OT3, and I'm pretty happy with that at this moment.* 

The C+ Support started as the C-Support, but then I realized I really wanted to see Marianne enter Manuela's room and the hijinks that may occur between two terrible cleaners. I ultimately ended up simply alluding to the event in the C-Support and the A-Support, and made the real C-Support focused on Marianne asking Manuela to tutor her. (If it's not clear, after stumbling into Manuela's room and the rude awakening, Marianne blames part of the mess on her reaction and tries to clean up Manuela's room. She ends up breaking Manuela's vase and mirror somehow.)  The "flourish" in the C+ Support was a WandaVision reference. It felt more natural than "voila" might - I don't want a Mistborn "Hat Trick" moment!

Marianne's depression and self-doubt was hard to accurately write, and I'm not sure I did so. I tried to make it relevant without it being too overbearing or annoying. To me that meant addressing it from Manuela's perspective. Manuela doesn't really see Marianne's self-doubt until the B-Support, which is why she initiates the hug - she sees that Marianne needs confidence, but can't really do anything about it until the girl herself believes in herself. 

Marianne is still struggling to overcome this in the A-Support, but she's made great strides, something that even the game points out. Instead of automatically rejecting the compliment, Marianne accepts it, even stopping herself from some self-disparaging remark. That's progress from the B-Support even! It's the small steps.   

Marianne's talent at being dancing is more of a fun allusion to Marianne being a fan-favorite pick for the dancer class. That's also why Marianne has to be a Dancer for this support to be unlocked.

Manuela's mentioning of Marianne's love life wasn't really planned, but it wouldn't be Manuela if we didn't mention it, so I felt somewhat assured with adding it here. Hopefully it wasn't as overbearing as I feel it can be at times. I wanted to call special attention to some of the more popular picks for Marianne's love life as well, so that's why they get special mentions. And yes, Manuela's remark on Claude is a Star Wars reference. The mechanic doesn't guarantee or canonize any romance for Marianne one way or another, it's just a fun addition that I feel shippers may like. But now it's making me think about what an Edelgard/Marianne support would look like...**

I also really like the idea of class or event-exclusive supports, so long as they don't ruin anything. Marianne's support with Manuela being locked behind a class she's likely to be chosen for anyways was a small one, and I don't think going too much larger would be a good idea. Maybe a small one between Seteth and Claude if Claude goes the Wyvern Rider route. I also really like the idea of these supports unlocking fun skills or bonuses for the units involved, not unlike the Lovers Conversations in Genealogy, or the very few parent/child supports the characters have. I can easily imagine a three-way conversation between Felix, Ingrid, and Sylvain, where if the units are in the Mortal Savant, Falcon Knight, and Dark Knight classes respectively, Felix gets a boost to his speed and Ingrid gains the ability use magic in her Falcon Knight class. Or having Ingrid, Marianne, and Petra all learning the Triangle Attack if they're all in the Falcon Knight class. And maybe for Dorothea and Marianne, if you somehow rig the game to make Dorothea the Black Eagles' White Heron Cup pick, and Marianne is the Golden Deer one, but you're the teacher of either unit, and they have the exact same charisma, both can become dancers. Then they unlock a C-B-A (non-romantic) support with each other. But then the question becomes why NOT do these options...hmm...***

Anyways, back to the breakdown. The dancing practice reminds me of the Azura-Soleil support last year. I knew that'd be the case, but I'm fine with it. The characters and their dynamics are completely different, so it's a surface level parallel at best. Although in my mind these two supports happen in the same universe. It almost makes me want to make an Azura-Manuela support or an Azura-Dorothea one. 

One of the few things I wish I could have added was Marianne feeling like the woman dancing wasn't really her, and she wasn't sure how to connect the two. But I feel like what I have works just as well, if not better, and I'm fine with that. There's also the lack of them both being white magic users, but that's also fine. 

I chose to leave the epilogue a little ambiguous as to whether Marianne and Manuela's relationship is mentor-mentee, a sisterhood, or romantic. The smile can go any way, and I'd rather leave it to the readers to decide. Next up I'll noodle on that Byleth/Manuela (or maybe Marianne)/Mercedes idea while continuing to noodle on the Edelgard/Rhea support (it still needs work) and a Dimitri/Dorothea support. No promises I'll actually finish and/or write any of these, they're simply ideas to doodle on. 

*I really like Manuela and Byleth's ending paragraph though, so maybe I'll end up working out that Byleth/Dorothea/Manuela OT3 someday after all. I'd really like it to be Byleth/Manuela/a non-Dorothea person in order to balance out the Byleth/Dimitri/Dorothea one above (and the Byleth/Edelgard/Dorothea one in my head), but I can't think of a proper person. Maybe Byleth/Manuela/Shamir or Byleth/Manuela/Mercedes...hmm...I can almost see that second one...) 

**I imagine Edelgard would confront Marianne about her crest, and Marianne would run away, citing how it's bad luck to be around her. During CF, Edelgard would ask if Marianne still believes she's bad luck. Marianne would answer "yes," and Edelgard would send Marianne behind enemy lines as sabotage and infiltration. During their A-Support, Marianne would stand up to Edelgard, saying that she now values her life and isn't bad luck. Edelgard would smile and acquiesce. Later, Edelgard would either be confronted by Byleth (if this goes the OT3 route) or Hubert, who would then theorize that Edelgard sent Marianne on these missions because she believed in Marianne's skill, and was hoping that Marianne herself would recognize that skill and gain a will to live. 

***If this was taking place in my ideal version of the game, where the Fates 2nd Gen lived in this world, then I think the tradeoff would be Azura as a unit. Players can only get two Dancers per game max, so it's either Dorothea and Marianne (or Annette, Felix, Sylvain, or Ingrid. Maybe.) or the winner of the White Heron Cup and Azura. Azura would still be an NPC, but she wouldn't be a Dancer, and one wouldn't be able to build supports with her as easily. 

And using yesterday's momentum, I've FINALLY finished the Dimitri/Dorothea support! My papers say that I last worked on this is late January; and looking at the pattern, I stopped working on the pairing to do the OT3 since it felt easier. But no longer! There's no real song to go with this one, sadly...

I'm linking the actual supports below the Epilogue and the Author's Notes because down below I'm reposting the OT3 and in-game supports so that those that read this (and thank you to those that do - it means a lot) can have an idea of how I imagined the flow of everything in my head. Those who don't like the OT3 can simply ignore those posts and read the new stuff. 

Epilogue

Spoiler

Soon after Dimitri was crowned, he asked Dorothea to be his wife. Dorothea gladly accepted. Due to Dorothea's fame and connections, the pairing faced surprisingly little controversy. Even still, Dorothea shied away from the the political scene, instead using her experience and insight into commoner life help inform her husband's decisions. The commoners of Fodlan loved their new queen, and the couple had a happy, long life, full of laughter, children, and operas at all times of the day. 

Author's notes

Spoiler

This support was one of the hardest I've written. Dorothea's voice was off the entire time. I couldn't nail her sardonic-yet-still-flirty tone for a long time, and it's still far from perfect. Before it was too much like Charlotte - Dorothea was too overtly flirty and fawning over Dimitri in a way we really don't see her do. It didn't feel authentic (although we don't really see her truly flirt with anyone besides Byleth to a small degree and Felix). So I toned it down and turned the flirts into innuendos. It's not perfect, but I hope its truer to who Dorothea is. I'm not sure Dimitri caught all of the innuendos, but he's respectful enough to let the ones he did notice slide, even if he doesn't intentionally play along. 

In the C+ Support, the "the fun I can have with this" is more of Dorothea thinking to herself about how she can tease Mercedes and Ingrid with the phrasing and whatnot. It's nothing too insidious. 

In the B-Support Dorothea is clearly leading Dimitri on, and is actually lying about there being a correct answer for her. Granted, I don't think she'd believe him if he answered "no, beauty and status don't matter!" Dimitri's answer is one of practicality and a little fatalistic. The frankness of the answer definitely surprises Dorothea. 

The B+ Support was one I had pictured for a long time too. Dorothea is a character with a long of anger and fear underneath the surface, not unlike Sylvain. Here I wanted to address that to a degree, and I think Dimitri is one of the few characters that is both brave (and stupid) enough to do so head-on. He saw this in Dorothea, and then saw her interact with his friends. That's why he was curious about her. In the B support, after seeing a bit of what his friends see in Dorothea, Dimitri decided it was time to bring that hatred up. It was hard making Dimitri feel attentive without making him feel too creepy. Dorothea's comments about it (going from flirty to unnerved to affection) hopefully helped, but I'm not sure...

(If you're curious about why Dimitri doesn't see the same hatred in Sylvain, it's because he and Sylvain aren't as close as they were in the past, and because Dimitri has a not-so-small blind-spot for the few ties to the past he has. He doesn't look past who he has always known Sylvain to be because in doing so would be to lose the Sylvain he knows and cares about. The same is true for Ingrid. Felix is different, but that shouldn't be a surprise, given who Felix is...)

The conversations in the A-Support and A+ Support have been in my head for a LONG time. I always knew Dimitri would end the support singing to a jaded Dorothea in an attempt to cheer her up. Originally the song was going to be "Lost In Thoughts, All Alone," but I decided "Edge of Dawn" would be sweeter. It gives new context to the song as well, since now it's no longer exclusively about Edelgard. It also means I don't have to make up a song, and I'm all for shortcuts in this case!

The sword-fighting aspect of the support came from a fan-fic that showed off some shipping dynamics between the pair. It was really sweet and I really enjoyed it. I didn't want to rip the fic off wholesale, but I also didn't want to try and force it in here if it didn't fit. So I compromised and used that core idea as a building block to move the story where I felt it needed to go. 

https://archiveofourown.org/works/28833858

Another hard part was the retroactive nature of these supports. I had to reference the OT3 stuff a lot and figure out how to fit in without ruining the flow of either support. I wanted them all to feel connected while also feeling complete when they are separate. That's easy for the in-game supports, but it's a LOT harder for the ones I'm making, especially when the OT3 is the endgame. In a few ways it felt like making a Cosmere novel or an MCU movie. 

In the OT3 Support I mentioned that in my head, there's an order to getting the ending. Here's the order of how I imagine the supports would function.  I've also done a minute bit of polishing on the OT3 supports. Adding a phrase here, taking away a word there, little stuff. 

C-Supports

Spoiler

Byleth/Dimitri C-Support: 

Spoiler

Dimitri: Perfect timing, Professor. If you don't mind, I have a favor I'd like to ask of you.

Byleth: What's the favor?

Dimitri: It's in regard to sword training. Not for myself, but... Well... To be honest, I've been teaching swordsmanship to the orphans at the monastery for a while now.

Byleth:

Choice 1: How unexpected.

Choice 2: How did that come to be?

Dimitri: I must agree. Frankly, I'm not great with children.

Dimitri: Some of them saw me sparring with the knights one day. They started pestering me to teach them. They were so earnest... I couldn't help but oblige. There's much I wish to show them, but due to my own studies and training, I'm afraid my time is rather limited. Which brings me to my favor. Your swordsmanship is unmatched. I hate to ask this of you, but... Would you consider lending me a hand?

Byleth:

Choice 1: You can count on me.

Choice 2: You leave me no choice.

Dimitri: Thank you, truly. I am in your debt. And I always repay my debts, I'll have you know. All of these children lost their families and homes to war or illness. This may sound a bit arrogant, but...I feel it's my responsibility to help them. I lost my parents without warning too. In that way, we're the same. In Duscur, I lost my father, stepmother, and closest friends. I didn't have many allies at the castle after that. In truth, I had only Dedue for companionship.

Byleth:

Choice 1: Have you no other family?

Choice 2: Is there no one else you can trust?

Dimitri: I'm afraid not. My birth mother fell ill and died shortly after I was born. And my uncle... suffice to say we don't get along. I once had people I could confide in. Family, friends, instructors, even the royal soldiers. But they were all taken away from me four years ago. Ah, but there were those outside the castle walls I was close to. Such as Rodrigue!

Byleth: Rodrigue?

Dimitri: Heh, pardon my rudeness. I meant Lord Rodrigue. He is my father's old companion, and the father of Felix. On the occasions he would visit the capital, he'd take me out hunting or on long horse rides. While Dedue is like a brother to me, Rodrigue is more like a second father. It might sound ridiculous, but...he's the kind of man I hope to become one day. Someone who helps others... Someone who can reach out and save a lost soul. Oh... Please accept my apologies for boring you with my life story. In any case, don't forget your promise, Professor. I'm counting on you.

Byleth/Dorothea C-Support

Spoiler

Dorothea: Well, I had fun today. Of course, you'll want to see me again, yes?

Knight: O-of course! I'd love to, Dorothea!

Dorothea: Well, until we meet again!

Dorothea: Oh! Hello, Professor. Were you...watching that?

Byleth:

Choice 1: That's a different guy than I saw you with yesterday.

Choice 2: ...

Dorothea:

Choice 1 response: Yes... Is there a problem with that?

Choice 2 response: You look like you have something to say, Professor.

Dorothea: Look, I know what I'm doing. My acclaim as a diva won't last forever, after all. I must look to the future. You might think about doing the same thing. Your beauty - and you're gorgeous - won't last forever.

Byleth:

Choice 1: We all feel anxiety about aging.

Choice 2: Getting older doesn't bother me at all.

Dorothea:

Choice 1 response: You? Really? I never would have guessed.

Choice 2 response: I wish I could be that easy going.

Dorothea: Anyway, I'm not just playing games with these boys. This is for my future. You have no right to object. I very much want to find a good partner here at the academy. Someone who will take care of me for the rest of my life.

Byleth:

Choice 1: Do what you will.

Choice 2: Is that really what you want?

Dorothea:

Choice 1 response: I'm glad you understand. Not everyone appreciates the necessity of taking the initiative while you're still in your prime. Or are you just saying that?

Choice 2 response: Finding someone to take care of me? Of course it is! Who could ask for anything more?

Dorothea: Anyway, I value your opinion, Professor, but I won't have you interfering with my plans. Unless you'd like to take care of me into my old age? That'd be something, eh? How about it, Professor?

Byleth:

Choice 1: OK.

Choice 2: I don't think so.

Dorothea: I wasn't – You aren't being serious, are you? I was just teasing. Or did you really just consider spending your whole life with me? The thought hadn't crossed my mind before, but come to think of it...that might sound pretty nice. You've gotten awfully quiet... You might even be blushing a bit. Have I embarrassed you? If so, I'm very, very sorry. I should be going anyway. I'll see you later... Professor.

Dimitri/Dorothea C-Support

Spoiler

Dimitri: Dorothea, may I bother you for a moment? 

Dorothea: Prince Dimitri! To what do I owe the pleasure?

Dimitri: You’re close with the several of the members of the Blue Lions, are you not?

Dorothea: I would say I have friends among your house, yes, but I know people in every house.

Dimitri: I see. Do you often share make-up tips with other members like you do with Mercedes? Or tease other members like you do with Ingrid? Or follow other knights and nobles like you do with Felix? Or scoff at Sylvain's advances?

Dorothea: Prince Dimitri, has anyone told you that you’re quite observant? A girl can get used to such attention!

Dimitri: I have not, so thank you for the compliment. However…

Dorothea: Yes?

Dimitri: ...it’s nothing. I just ask that you treat them as you would any friend. And if their antics become too much, please let me know, along with our professor. 

Dorothea: My Ingrid is a dear friend, as is Mercedes. 

Dimitri: Good to know. If you’ll excuse me. 

Dorothea: ...knights and nobles are one thing, but a prince? 

Byleth/Dimitri/Dorothea C-Support

Spoiler

*Byleth and Dorothea walk by*

Dimitri: Professor, may I borrow Dorothea for a moment?

Dorothea: Prince Dimitri? Can I help you with something?

Dimitri: I have a request, if it isn’t too much trouble to ask. I was thinking of an opera my father used to take me to as a youth.

Dorothea: Oh, let me guess. You’ve forgotten the title and you need help remembering it. 

Dimitri: As astute as always. 

Dorothea: I’d love to help, but the Professor and I were discussing something that can’t wait

Dimitri: Ah, pardon my interruption, Professor. Dorothea, I look forward to your assistance.

*Dimitri leaves*

Byleth: ...what we were talking about wasn’t important. 

Dorothea: Professor, you don’t know? When a man asks for your time, you must give it to him on your schedule. Make yourself seem desirable, and you can have all you desire. 

Byleth: Does this mean that you’ll help Dimitri?

Dorothea: Of course! The chance to help a prince is one many such as myself won’t often see. 

Dorothea: Although, maybe I could turn this into something more...there are so many operas about youth falling in love...convincing our dear prince that his father took him to a story like that to remind him of his mother, and then suggesting that their story could repeat with us...a girl can get used to the idea! ...is that what you meant Professor?

Byleth: …

Dorothea: Don’t worry, I’ll help him find the show...on one condition. 

Byleth: What's that?

Dorothea: You help out too. Won’t it be fun to experience the opera firsthand?

Byleth: I guess…

Dorothea: That’s the spirit!

Dimitri/Dorothea C+ Support

Spoiler

Dimitri: Excuse me Dorothea, do you have a moment?

Dorothea: Prince Dimitri? To what do I owe the pleasure? 

Dimitri: Heh, isn’t this a familiar greeting? I came to ask about your use of the sword.

Dorothea: Excuse me?

Dimitri: I saw you playing with some of the orphans from the surrounding area, and I noticed your swordplay was different. 

Dorothea: Did the high and noble Prince Dimitri see something wrong with it?

Dimitri: Not at all! It was spectacular. Your movements were so lithe and precise. Your strikes used your opponent’s momentum against them. I could tell that much even when you were just playing. It was mesmerizing. 

Dorothea: Men sure do love their swords, don’t they? 

Dimitri: An astute observation. To those who use them, swords are an extension of self, are they not? 

Dimitri: But that brings me to my main request. Would you do me the honors of sparring? I would very much like to see your style firsthand. Ah, but I don't want to feel like I am unjustly imposing on you...

Dorothea: And I get the undivided attention of the Prince?

Dimitri: Along with a free meal at any restaurant you desire, at any time. It would be unfair to offer nothing else.

Dorothea: The prince, dinner, and a fight with his sword...oh the fun I can have with this...very well, Your Highness!

B-Supports

Spoiler

Byleth/Dorothea B-Support

Spoiler

Dorothea: ...

Byleth:

Choice 1: What's wrong?

Choice 2: Troubles with love?

Dorothea: Professor?? I – Oh...don't worry. It's nothing. ... Actually, could we talk for a bit? Somewhere a little more...private?

(Dorothea leaves. Byleth follows.)

Dorothea: ... I'm just gonna come right out and say it. I find you a little difficult to be around. I know, I know. I'm your student and you're just trying to watch out for me. But the way you look at me sometimes...it's like you're seeing right through me.

Byleth:

Choice 1: I'm sorry.

Choice 2: Seeing through you?

Dorothea:

Choice 1 response: No, don't apologize.

Choice 2 response: Don't worry.

Dorothea: I know you don't mean anything bad by it. I'm just self-conscious, I guess. The thing is, I don't have anything to call my own. No land, no birthright, no fortune. Little knowledge or battle skill. I think that's why I always clung to my popularity as a diva. Even after leaving the stage behind, I sort of kept up the act. When I look at you, it's like your eyes are accusing me... Telling me that you see right through it. That's what I mean when I say it's difficult to be around you. Hey, uh, this might be nuts, but maybe you could show me some kind of weakness of yours?

Byleth:

Choice 1: Excuse me?

Choice 2: I have no weaknesses.

Dorothea:

Choice 1 response: You know my biggest fear. If I know one of yours, maybe I'll feel less, I don't know...vulnerable.

Choice 2 response: Oh, come on, Professor. Everyone has some kind of weakness. You know mine. If I know one of yours, maybe I'll feel less, I don't know...vulnerable.

Byleth: Well, if it would really help...

Dorothea: Excellent. Well then, don't mind me.

(Brief blackout.)

Dorothea: I bet I know your weakness. It's not mental, is it? It's physical! You're ticklish! Here, I'll prove it. That's right. The next time you gaze into my soul, I know just how I'll retaliate! (Pause.) Um... Professor? What's with you? Why aren't you reacting to anything I'm doing? Come on! I thought that was funny. I swear, it's like your heart isn't even beating.

Byleth:

Choice 1: Sorry.

Choice 2: Actually, my heart isn't beating.

Dorothea:

Choice 1 response: That's all right. I didn't really think a little tease like that would be enough to get to you, anyway. Though I was giving it my all. You're pretty tough to resist that.

Choice 2 response: Ha, don't be so silly... Huh? It really isn't beating?! Is what I'd say if I was more gullible. You're just fooling around, Professor. I'm not sure how you did it, but that was a good one.

Dimitri/Dorothea B-Support

Spoiler

Dimitri: Let’s stop for a moment. 

Dorothea: Agreed. Say, Prince Dimitri?

Dimitri: Yes?

Dorothea: Do you ever imagine what your future wife will look like? How beautiful or skilled she will be?

Dimitri: That...is not what I was expecting. I cannot say that I have. 

Dorothea: Oh?

Dimitri: My kingdom is one that needs strength and fortitude more than it needs beauty at this time. 

Dorothea: But surely you would want someone attractive to be around, yes?

Dimitri: Attraction is in the eye of the beholder, and like most things, beauty fades with time. Although, I can’t imagine myself growing old enough to experience the joy of growing old with someone else...

Dorothea: *Shocked (Pikachu) face*

Dimitri: Ah, apologies for such a sobering response. I can’t imagine that being you wanted to hear.

Dorothea: There is nothing wrong! I don’t think there was a wrong answer, but it also wasn’t what I was expecting. Especially from the future King of Faerghus!

Dimitri: I see...Dorothea, I think I am beginning to understand why my classmates value you so. But that’s enough of a break. Guard up!

Byleth/Dimitri B-Support

Spoiler

Dimitri: Thank you for your help the other day, Professor. Please, allow me to express my gratitude by taking you to dinner.

Byleth:

Choice 1: It was nothing.

Choice 2: I would be delighted.

Dimitri:

Choice 1 response: Nonsense. Your guidance was magnificent. Just what I'd expect from a professor at this esteemed academy.

Choice 2 response: Fantastic. Please think about what you'd like to eat. After all, such magnificent guidance must work up quite an appetite.

I've studied swordsmanship for some time, but your mercenary skills are something else entirely. Speaking of which, there's...another question I must ask you. Were you reconciled with the reality of battle from your first foray? With...the killing part, I mean.

Byleth:

Choice 1: I hadn't the luxury of questioning it.

Choice 2: No. It's never easy.

Dimitri: I see.

Byleth: And you?

Dimitri: No... I do not carry that burden well. I doubt that will change, no matter how many years come and go. The first time I led on the battlefield, I was sent to quell a rebellion in the west. It was not a difficult fight. The enemy was not well–trained and their morale was low. A swing of the lance, and your opponent falls. A flash of your blade, and a path opens up. That's the sort of battle it was. Easy...right?

Byleth:

Choice 1: You did what you had to do.

Choice 2: What caused the rebellion?

Dimitri:

Choice 1 response: That's one way to look at it.

Dimitri: The noble family from that area sought to seize the throne after my father's untimely death. The leader of the rebel army was defeated and the rebellion quelled. This was at the height of the post–war period. I recall coming across a dead soldier's body. He was clutching a locket. Inside was a lock of golden hair. I don't know to whom it belonged. His wife, his daughter...mother, lover... I'll never know. He was a soldier. An enemy. Someone we had cut down without hesitation. But in that moment, I realized he was also a real person, just like the rest of us. Of course, we cannot stand idly by and allow anyone to commit senseless acts of violence. Yet in dispensing what we call justice, we take the lives of cherished family members. Beloved friends. Killing is part of the job, but even so... There are times when I'm chilled to the bone by the depravity of my own actions.

Byleth:

Choice 1: It's normal to feel that way.

Choice 2: I've felt the same way.

Dimitri:

Choice 1 response: Is it? Perhaps you're right. I pray that you are.

Choice 2 response: That you feel the same way is more comforting than you could know.

Dimitri: Professor? May I speak freely? When we first met, I thought of you as someone who felt no strong feelings about killing your enemies. I could never trust someone who kills without batting an eye. My heart won't allow it. But after speaking with you and getting to know you better, I can see you're not like that. Now I know, with all my heart, that I can trust you. Thank you for that.

Byleth/Dimitri/Dorothea B-Support

Spoiler

Dimitri: Ah, Dorothea. Are you here to help me? 

Dorothea: Yup! I even brought a friend. 

Dimitri: Professor?!

Byleth: I’m sorry, I won’t be of much help here. 

Dorothea: Nonsense Professor! Your job is to have fun this time. Besides, I can’t imagine how lucky our Prince here feels, having two beautiful women help him study. There are stories about situations like this, you know. 

Dimitri: *blushing* I-I mean-that is-

Byleth: Dorothea…

Dorothea: I kid, I kid. Prince Dimitri, what was the story of the opera you’re searching for?

Dimitri: I can’t remember much, but I remember it involved a love between three people. One of the suitors was in white, as if to represent the pure and unattainable. The other was in black and red, as if representing the eventual scorn and dejection they would face.

Dimitri: The one torn between the suitors was...I remember the singer’s voice now...there was so much pain…

Byleth: It sounds like a lovely opera./It sounds like a tragic story. (Player can choose)

Dimitri: ...my father...he used to say that my mother would...

Dorothea: I think I know the story you’re referring to. 

Dorothea: I believe it’s the Dragon Fang Saga. It’s not a very common performance these days; many tout its story as being the best, despite having never seen it.

Byleth: Have you performed it before?

Dorothea: Only a handful of times. It was the first opera I saw Professor Manuela perform when I joined the Mittlefrank Opera Company.

Dimitri: ....

Byleth: Let’s go see it. 

Dorothea: !!

Dimitri: A wonderful idea Professor...but where would we find a showing?

Dorothea: You know, I think there’s a company performing it in the Adrestian Empire.

Byleth: That’s a little far…

Dorothea: And the admittance won’t be cheap…

Dimitri: I can take care of such things, assuming the Professor approves of this trip. 

Dorothea: The luxury of being a Prince. Come on, what do you say Professor? How about a little class trip to the Empire’s capital?

Byleth: Let’s do it.

Dorothea: Yes! Thank you Professor! 

Byleth/Dimitri/Dorothea B+ Support

Spoiler

Byleth: That was amazing. 

Dorothea: Was this your first opera, Professor?

Byleth: *Nods*

Dorothea: It would have been better if it was the Mittlefrank Opera, but I’m glad you enjoyed it. Was this everything you thought it would be, Prince Dimitri?

Byleth: Dimitri?

Dimitri: Ah, forgive my  expression. I was just...Lady Dorothea, thank you so much for helping me find this opera. This was indeed what I was looking for. 

Dorothea: I should be thanking you! A free show and trip to Enbarr aren’t cheap. 

Dimitri: What would be the point of me seeing the show if I couldn’t share my past with the present? 

Dorothea: What a polite thing to say. 

Byleth: The story was very complex. 

Dimitri: Indeed. My father used to praise the romance, but I didn’t remember there being so much violence or tragedy either. 

Dorothea: Two families and so many countries torn apart by the love of one person...two generations of war due to that love…

Dimitri: ...the son at the end...was he truly honoring his father?

Dorothea: Prince Dimitri?

Dimitri: Ah, it was nothing but a careless thought. 

Byleth: What do you think?

Dimitri: I’m not geared for such complexities with no preparation. Maybe I’ll answer another time. Dorothea, you said that this was the first opera you saw Professor Manuela perform, yes?

Dorothea: That’s right.

Dimitri: Is it your favorite? 

Dorothea: I like it, but I think I prefer The Butterfly Princess. 

Dimitri: The Butterfly Princess...now there’s an opera I haven’t seen in a while. 

Dorothea: Prince Dimitri, The Butterfly Princess is one of the most widely performed shows! 

Byleth: The Butterfly Princess…?

Dimitri: It’s an opera about a woman who transforms into a butterfly and changes the past...it’s quite the tale.

Dorothea: The romance, the intrigue, the variety, it’s all phenomenal!

Byleth: Variety?

Dimitri: A key aspect of The Butterfly Princess is the romance. The original notes mention children, but the parents are left up to the companies to determine. 

Dorothea: No show has the same two romances, and the variety within that makes each experience a little different. 

Dorothea: I’ve performed it multiple times. Sometimes it was as one of the lovers, other times the princess herself… *nostalgic sigh*

Byleth: ...I see…

Dimitri: Say, Dorothea, why don’t we see if we can find a showing. The night is young, and I’m sure the Professor would love to see this firsthand. 

Dorothea: Why Prince Dimitri, you read my mind. 

Byleth: *concerned/tired face*

Dimitri/Dorothea B+ Support

Spoiler

Dimitri: Ah, Dorothea. I apologize about the mess we made the other day. How are you faring?

Dorothea: Attentive and caring! It warms my heart to hear that. Are you free tonight? If I remember correctly, you promised a dinner at any place I desire, and I know just the place!

Dimitri: That I did. Very well. Give me the name and I will meet you there tonight.

*Transition*

Chef: Ah, Dorothea, welcome back! It’s rare to see you here twice in one week.

Dorothea: It’s a special occasion. Where is the head chef? 

Chef: She’s out today. But don’t worry, we’ve all been trained on the Dorothea Special. I'll get right on it!

Dorothea: *to herself* Not trained well enough I see. 

Dimitri: You come here often?

Dorothea: It’s a restaurant I like when I’m feeling down. 

Dimitri: ...the prices here aren’t one a commoner can usually afford. 

Dorothea: True, but being the former star of the Mittlefrank Opera does allow one for some luxuries. 

Dimitri: And the hatred? Is that a luxury allowed?

Dorothea: Hate-hatred? What do you mean?

Dimitri: Your lines, your smile... they’re perfect...as if practiced in the mirror every day. There is no spark in your eyes when you talk with me or when I’ve seen you flirt. No joy...and today, you’ve been acting weird. Not like the woman I saw sharing secrets with Mercedes or Ingrid, or the woman I see talking to Caspar or Manuela. No...this is a façade.

Dorothea: You know, a girl might not want so much attention.

Dimitri: My apologies. I was simply curious about one who spent so much time around my friends.

Dorothea: ...Are you going to tell everyone? I’ll have you know I’m used to watching my back. 

Dimitri: This is not my secret to share, nor is it my place to question your life or judge such matters. Besides, I may be more of a kindred spirit than you think. 

Dorothea: Thank you for...assurance Prince Dimitri, but what has the world of nobility accost you that you think you may be a kindred spirit to me?

Dimitri: ...I understand. Please forgive my presumption.

A-Supports

Spoiler

Byleth/Dorothea A-Support

Spoiler

Dorothea: This may seem a bit sudden, but...I want to thank you, Professor. That is, for letting me live my life the way I want. I've noticed you've been giving me fewer of those soul-revealing gazes lately. I appreciate you making an effort to not trouble yourself over who I spend my time with.

Byleth: So, you found me out...

Dorothea: Well, of course. Did you think I wouldn't notice? It's kind of sweet, in its own way.

Byleth: I don't know what you mean.

Dorothea: If you say so...But I notice you doing it all the same. It's kind of sweet, in its own way.

Dorothea: Professor, may I tell you a story about when I was younger? I was an orphan, living in the back alleys of Enbarr, until one day I was overheard singing... That was when my new life began. I was suddenly a songstress in the Mittlefrank Opera Company. Performers, nobility...I met so may people. But none of them ever really knew me. I was just some young pretty girl who could sing, a spectacle to be admired. Even though everyone praised my looks and my voice, and they showered me with gifts... I knew, one day, I'd be old. My looks would fade, my voice would change, I wouldn't sound the same. And I started to wonder, when I did get old, what would I have left? I'd be old, alone...and back on the streets of the capital, right where I'd started.

Byleth: I don't believe that's true.

Dorothea: You can never be certain about what the future will bring.

Byleth: I won't let you be alone.

Dorothea: That's sweet of you, even if you are just flirting.

Dorothea: I never had much to begin with in life, and I worry that one day, I'll be that way again... That's why I keep searching for someone who will love me. Someone unaware of the songstress, who can love a girl that used to be scared and alone on the streets of the capital... I wonder if such a strange person can even exist.

Byleth/Dimitri A-Support

Spoiler

Byleth:

Choice 1: What are you doing?

Choice 2: Still training?

Dimitri:

Choice 1 response: Sleep evades me, so I thought I'd get in some extra training. I was just about to finish.

Choice 2 response: Indeed. But I was thinking about ending it here.

Dimitri: Perhaps it is the gloomy weather, but I am feeling the sting of wounds that should have healed long ago...

Byleth: What wounds?

Dimitri: The injury I got when that girl stabbed me after the battle at Gronder. Her eyes were filled with revenge...just as mine once were.

Byleth: Who was she?

Dimitri: I don't know... But I have a guess. ... Ah, I suppose I haven't told you about that yet.

Byleth: What are you talking about?

Dimitri: I was attacked inside the monastery the other day. It caused quite the uproar. The ones who attacked me...were some of the youths we taught swordsmanship to, once upon a time.

Byleth:

Choice 1: Are you OK?

Choice 2: Why did they do it?

Dimitri:

Choice 1 response: Of course. I could capture the lot of them with my eyes closed.

Dimitri: It seems they were raised by a group of thieves who we put down five years ago. I heard Lady Rhea took custody of them, claiming that the children were innocent. I have taken so many lives...and with each one, I face hatred. During the last five years especially. My life was not so different from that of a wild beast... And that young girl's brother... At some point, I must have... That is why I thought it only natural that someone would retaliate someday. Because I hated, because I stole, and... because I killed. But with those children, it's different... We drew our blades with the best of intentions, only to hurt them in the end. I suppose this is yet another thing we will just have to live with.

Byleth:

Choice 1: It's part of the job.

Choice 2: I feel the same way.

Dimitri: Yes... As one who chose to fight, it is my responsibility to confront this anguish and the true nature of war... Until the day my life comes to an end.

Byleth:

Choice 1: It is mine as well.

Choice 2: We can confront it together.

Dimitri:

Choice 1 Response: Perhaps...

Choice 2 Response: Thank you...

Dimitri: You know, Professor... There is something that I only recently realized. I never knew it could be so...comforting to have someone standing by my side...

Dimitri/Dorothea A-Support

Spoiler

Dorothea: ...Prince Dimitri?

Dimitri: Hm…? Oh Dorothea. I’m sorry, I was simply reminiscing…

Dorothea: Care to share your thoughts?

Dimitri: I have simply come to realize that I missed out on so many things these past few months, not to mention these past five years. I...I don’t know my friends anymore. I look at them and hear familiar voices coming from the mouths of strangers. I want to get to know them again...

Dorothea: And you need help doing so?

Dimitri: That would be falling back on old patterns. No, Edelgard has shown me that if I want to do something like this, I must find the strength and courage to do it myself. 

Dorothea: At least one decent thing has come out of this war. 

Dimitri: Too few of things for the price...but it is actually you who I wanted to get to know first. 

Dimitri: Dorothea, you’ve changed. 

Dorothea: And you haven’t? Prince Dimitri, this war has changed everyone. All I have left is thorns.

Dimitri: I don’t believe that. 

Dorothea: Someone believing in me again? Maybe this war has changed a few things for the better.  

Dimitri: I don’t presume to understand all of the difficulties you’ve faced, but I am one who has walked a path similar to yours. The sun will shine again Dorothea, and even roses can bloom again. 

Byleth/Dimitri/Dorothea A-Support

Spoiler

Dimitri: Dorothea.

Dorothea: Prince Dimitri.

Dimitri: Please, we have known each other long enough. It’s simply Dimitri.

Dorothea: If you say so.

Dimitri: I was wondering...do you happen to know of any operas playing the Dragon Fang Saga?

Dorothea: I can’t say I do. War makes entertainment difficult to come by. 

*Byleth enters*

Dimitri: Professor.

Byleth: You were talking about the Dragon Fang Saga?

Dorothea: Our prince was wondering if we could find a place that is performing it. Sadly that's not possible. 

Byleth: Why don’t we put on a showing here?

Dimitri: Put on a showing...that might work...our troops could use a morale boost after all. 

Dorothea: ...the Dragon Fang Saga isn’t a happy story. 

Dimitri: Right again...actually...heh…

Byleth: What’s so funny?

Dimitri: Oh, I was simply thinking about our night in Enbarr so long ago. Why don’t we repeat that?

Dorothea: What do you mean?

Dimitri: A back-to-back showing of the Dragon Saga and The Butterfly Princess. Two shows, one showing the horrors of war and our pain, and the other showing our power to challenge destiny, and our hope. 

Dorothea: ...that’s not a bad idea. 

Dimitri: We’ll need someone truly skilled to make sure this goes off well. 

Byleth: Dorothea, can you do it?

Dorothea: Me? I’m...not sure...I haven’t…

Dimitri: Dorothea, we’re not asking you to sing. This war has taken things from us...some things we may never retrieve...but I - we need your help. 

Byleth: We believe in you.

Dorothea: Pressure from my prince and my old professor...who am I to say no. 

Dimitri/Dorothea A+ Support

Spoiler

Dimitri: Ah, Dorothea, there you are!

Dorothea: Dimitri, did you need me? 

Dimitri: *singing* Reach for my hand, we’ll soar away!

Dorothea: What.

Dimitri: *singing even worse* Faint lights pass through colored glass, In this beloved place

Dorothea: *laughing* Oh no!

Dimitri: *somehow singing even worse* I look to you, like a red rose, seeking the light-

Dorothea: *laughing uncontrollably* Dimitri! Dimitri, please stop! 

Dimitri: *blushing*

Dorothea: That *wheeze* was *wheeze* terrible! 

Dimitri: What?

Dorothea: Dimitri, you are a terrible singer! Gods, I hope no one heard that. 

Dimitri: I..I apologize. I only meant to rekindle your spirits. 

Dorothea: Dimitri…thank you. That is exactly what I needed. 

Dimitri: Dorothea, please believe me when I say that we are alike. I too know what it’s like to lose hope, to feel as if the world has swallowed you up and spit you out. To feel used and tired. To not know why you still breathe.

Dimitri: But we also are here. We can learn to live again, to laugh again…

Dimitri: *blushing* to love again. 

Dorothea: And what about the world? What about those who will fight who we want to become?

Dimitri: Let them challenge us. We’ve come this far, let us not back down now. 

Dorothea: *blushing* You know, a girl can get used to such support. 

Byleth/Dimitri/Dorothea A+ Support

Spoiler

*Cheering and clapping*

Dorothea: Thank you, thank you!

*Scene changes*

Byleth: That was amazing!

Dimitri: I agree. Dorothea, you were breathtaking.

Dorothea: Be careful you two! Keep it up and we may have a situation straight from the Dragon Fang Saga. 

Byleth: We would share. 

Dimitri: *clearly embarrassed* PROFESSOR!

Dorothea: *Blushing* Professor, if you keep that up, you may be the only ones hearing my songs in the future. 

Byleth: I’d like that. 

Dimitri: The Professor’s joking has improved, that much is sure…

Dimitri: Dorothea, how did it feel to return to the stage?

Dorothea: It was different than before. Those stages, that crowd, the songs…I know them so well, and yet it felt so different. So new…

Dimitri: And yet, so old.

Byleth: ...like an old wound?

Dorothea: One that will never heal, but you grow accustomed to. 

Dimitri: I think I understand him now...

Byleth: Understand who?

Dimitri: My father. 

Dorothea: Oh, you said that the Dragon Fang Saga was his favorite opera, no?

Dimitri: I think this opera reminded him of my mother. He said that she would always drag him to a showing. It didn’t matter the time or the stage or the company. 

Dorothea: She sounds like a great woman…

Dimitri: I think I understood why now...my father...this crown, this burden we bear...this story...it reminds us of what came before us and how our actions alone shape the future. 

Byleth: ...you’re not alone.

Dimitri: No, I’m not...Professor, Dorothea, thank you again. 

Dorothea: Don't thank me yet. We still have a whole second opera to perform!

Byleth: *concerned face* Here we go again...

Byleth/Dimitri/Dorothea S-Support

Spoiler

Dorothea: Dimitri, you asked us to meet you here?

Byleth: What’s going on?

Dimitri: ...I think I realize another reason my father took me to see The Dragon Saga. 

Byleth: Oh?

Dimitri: In the story, the main star falls in love with two people. The love for them is different for each person, but it is there, nonetheless. 

Dimitri: My father loved two women, my mother and my step-mother. Until now I never understood this. Did he love one more than the other? Did he replace the love of one with the other? I wanted to see the opera again in part to understand these questions and hopefully gain the answers. 

Dorothea: And now?

Dimitri: I think I have the answer. The loves are different. Neither had to cancel the other out, because they were different expressions for different women. 

Byleth: Dimitri…

Dimitri: I...I love you both. I am sorry. I know that’s what either of you want to hear, but it’s the truth. 

Byleth: Dimitri...we love you too.

Dimitri: !!

Dorothea: The Professor...darling and I talked about it on our way up. We’re still not sure how this will work, but we can make this work. 

Dimitri: I...even in my wildest dreams, I had never hoped…

Dimitri: Faerghus will have to prepare for two queens. That would mean two queen quarters, and two sets of handmaidens. Or would you share? No, some things must be kept separate…

Byleth: And there he goes…

Dorothea: This is the man we’ve chosen to love. Heh, I can see how our story would be in an opera...maybe I should write it myself, to get ahead of the rest…*starts humming*

Byleth: And there she goes…

Author's Notes 2

Spoiler

There isn't much new to add, but I feel like 17-18 support conversations, the Monastery dialogue, and the story interactions all create a place where people could get used to the idea of these characters all falling in love with one another. I really wanted to make it feel like it's taking time for this to happen. These characters are going through events, and expressing doubt due to what the world has given them. 

I will say that I took inspiration from the Cosmere for this. Looking at how the puzzle pieces fit together was hard. I needed to make sure each support line stood on its own merits, but also connected with where the characters were in the overall scheme. Dorothea can't drop the "Prince" in "Prince Dimitri" until the OT3 A-Support. Likewise, Dimitri and Dorothea couldn't be too mad at each other going into the OT3's B+ Support, because that would make their conversation in the OT3 B+ Support all the more jarring. That's where the switch came in. It's not perfect, but I think it's a better ending to the B-Supports than the OT3 B+ would...B. I also just noticed I did the same thing with the C+ Support. Humorously, that means the exception is now the fact that the OT3 A+ Support is the outlier, not the B+ or C+ ones.

The only other things I'd add at this point would be a conversation between Byleth and Dorothea where the two women admit they love each other as well as Dimitri (as it stands now, it really does feel Dimitri-centric, but I hope the Dimitri/Dorothea supports help balance that out), and a short dialogue between the three when you eat with them.

The latter would probably just be:

Dorothea: Professor, are you hungry? Open wide!

Dimitri: Dorothea, such displays, in public?

I'm going to try to carry the momentum into a Claude/Edelgard/Petra OT3, but I can't promise I can do this. It requires make an A-Support for Edelgard/Petra that can fit in the OT3 but doesn't feel exclusive to it, while also coming up with a storyline that fits all three characters. That may mean two different A-Supports...I have a few ideas forming, but I'm not sure how well they'll go over. 

I have a C-A Claude/Edelgard/Petra OT3 mapped out, as well with a friendship trio support with Marianne, Ingrid, and Petra. (Not sure if it'll be C-B or C-B-A just yet though.)

For the "crossover games" supports, I think I may even try out a Lysithea and Lucina!Morgan support. Maybe. (And no, I haven't forgotten about the Balthus/Catherine one either.)

But until then, enjoy a C-B Claude/Dimitri/Edelgard support! 

Recommended Song: Passion/Sanctuary by Mree

C-Support

Spoiler

Claude: Dimitri, what are you doing here?

Dimitri: Claude? I could ask you the same thing. 

Edelgard: It seems that our professors have a mission for us. 

Dimitri: Edelgard?

Manuela: Astute as always.

*Manuela and Hanneman appear*

Hanneman: Unfortunately our esteemed colleague couldn’t be here for this, but we do have an extra assignment for you three. 

Dimitri: Us three in particular?

Manuela: Yup. You three were supposed to have a training exercise near Remire Village before those bandits appeared, yes? Well, we’ve decided to reschedule that little trip for...now!

Claude: Now? Way to give us time to pack and prepare…

Edelgard: Not every moment in life will allow for preparation, Claude. 

Dimitri: That may be true Edelgard, but this isn’t something that seemed unprepared either, is it Professor Hanneman?

Hanneman: ...yes, this was planned a while back. But with the school year, and the Crest of Flames, and everything else it...ah...may have slipped our minds. 

Hanneman: Granted, it will be a little different this time. You three have already experienced quite a bit on the battlefield. This will be a simple mission to help the villagers take down a reported monster.

Edelgard: I understand. Well, let’s get going. 

*Edelgard leaves*

Claude: That one doesn’t stop does she?

Dimitri: No, I suppose she doesn’t. To charge forward with no hesitation and no regret...what a way to live one’s life…

Claude: What a way to end up trapped. But she’s right this time, let’s get going. 

*Claude and Dimitri leave*

Manuela: Phew! What a stroke of luck that was, asking you about the mission instead of me!

Hanneman: Luck or pity? 

Manuela: Care to repeat that?

Hanneman: Another time maybe. Right now, we have to turn our troubles to the real obstacle.

Manuela: Seteth…

Hanneman: The scolding we’ll get if he finds out we forgot to tell them…

*transition to sunset time*

Dimitri: I think this should do it!

Claude: Well done your Kingliness! That’s quite the catch!

Edelgard: Indeed...but if I may ask, are we going to eat this…?

Dimitri: It is edible, is it not?

Edelgard: Technically, yes, but who willingly eats bear? 

Claude: Why Dimitri, I think we may have found Her Highness’s weakness!

Edelgard: This is most certainly NOT my weakness, and it would do you little good if it was. 

Claude: You don’t believe that I could sneak some cooked bear on your plate during meal times, do you?

Edelgard: Do you think that Hubert allows for anything to go by my plate untested?

Dimitri: Claude, Edelgard enough, please. We are all comrades here. Let’s just enjoy the meal. 

Claude: All right, all right. 

Claude: Say, Dimitri, how did you manage to bring down the bear anyways. 

Dimitri: My Crest grants me strength beyond what people naturally possess. It can be difficult to control, but it does have its benefits. 

Claude: Interesting.

Dimitri: It’s very well documented. I’m sure Professor Hanneman could tell you all about it. 

Edelgard: Experience and knowledge are two separate things however. 

Dimitri: True.

Edelgard: So what about you Claude? What does your Crest enable you to do?

Claude: The Crest of Riegan. Well, my ancestors have been known for their perception and eyesight. It's why my ancestors were assassins and judges in ancient Faerghus. Whether or not it was because we were compatible with the bow Failnaught or because we needed to use the bow is something I’ve yet to figure out. 

Edelgard: I see.

Claude: And saving the best for last, what about you Edelgard? What does your crest allow you to do?

Edelgard: ...the Crest of Seiros grants its user life, a life that will span far beyond what is considered normal. Centuries, for those who use it well I’ve heard. 

*crickets and now it’s dark*

Claude: Gah! Dimitri, you’re burning the meat!

Dimitri: Am I? Oh, my apologies. 

Claude: It should be fine, just...there. Phew! 

Edelgard: Good save. 

Claude: Now, all we need is a finishing touch of...and there!

Edelgard: It smells sublime!

Dimitri: It looks quite done to me. 

Claude: I think so. Let’s dig in!

Edelgard: !!

Dimitri: The texture, it’s quite nice.

Edelgard: And this seasoning...it’s from Almyra, right?

Claude: You’ve got a good tongue! It’s not too difficult to find Almyran blends in the Alliance. 

Edelgard: Well, just keep some on hand if we ever have another mission. 

Claude: Yup, who knows when his Kingliness may burn another dinner!

Dimitri: *sighs* You two will never let me hear the end of this, will you?

Claude: Nope.

Edelgard: Never. 

B-Support: MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE CHAPTER 8

Spoiler

Edelgard: ...there you are!

*Bear roars*

Edelgard: Grah!

*Metal clings*

Edelgard: !?

*Arrow thwicks through the air*

*Bear roars*

*crashing sounds*

Edelgard: What…?

Claude: You were right! I found her!

Dimitri: Edelgard! Are you alright!

Edelgard: I’m fine. How did…

Dimitri: Dorothea and Caspar mentioned how they couldn’t find you, and so we looked around and - 

Claude: Petra, it was Petra. She told us you’ve been asking about how to hunt bears. 

Dimitri: So we searched the area, and then we remembered Remire Village. 

Edelgard: So you two came all the way out here-

Claude: To check and see if you’d be stubborn enough to come back here to fight a bear on your own? Yes, yes we did. And you’re welcome by the way. That shot? Me.

Edelgard: I-I see. It seems I am in your debt. Both of yours.

Dimitri: Friends don’t need to be indebted to one another. And more importantly, why are you hunting bears?

Edelgard: *mumbling*

Dimitri: Pardon?

Edelgard: *blushing* I said I wanted to try out that meal again!

Claude: Wait? So this was all because of our joint mission?

Edelgard: The dinner was delicious, so I thought if I could find another bear…

Dimitri: We could eat together again, under the starlight…

Claude:...

Dimitri: ...well, there others won’t arrive until mid-morning at the earliest…

Claude: ...and I still have some of my spices left…

Dimitri: So why don’t we do just that?

Edelgard: I...I...thank you. 

*Transition to early evening*

Claude: And here’s the firewood. Hey Dimitri, it looks like your power is good for more than just punching things.

Dimitri: If I ever want to abdicate the throne, at least I know I have other options...

Claude: Now all we need is a fire…

Edelgard: I can take care of that!

Dimitri: Impressive. I didn’t know you were so well-versed with magic. 

Edelgard: I’ve been practicing. It’s always good to have a trick up one’s sleeve after all. 

Claude: Next, the meat. Here, Edelgard since it’s your project, why don’t you look over it?

Edelgard: And miss the chance to perfectly char the pieces? I think this is Prince Dimitri’s strength. 

Dimitri: I must agree with Claude here. I don’t think this is the right place for me…

Claude: Why don’t you both look over it? That way Edelgard can learn how to cook it, and you won’t have to worry about burning it...too much. 

Edelgard: That works for me. You don’t have any problems cooking with a woman, do you, Dimitri?

Dimitri: *blushes* Not at all. In fact...what I mean to say is that I believe we can be quite the tea-

Edelgard: Dimitri, the pan!

Dimitri: Ah, apologies!

Claude: Ah, to think I would have missed this had I stayed behind…

*Night time*

Dimitri: Well, Edelgard, what do you think?

Edelgard: Many meals don’t quite endure the second or third experiences, but I believe this will be one that I will always enjoy. 

Claude: Good food and good friends under a starry night. What more can one ask for?

Edelgard: Friends…

Dimitri: Edelgard?

Edelgard: ...a part of me wishes that this moment could last forever…

Claude: …

Dimitri: It’s interesting to see how our lives have been shaped by Remire Village. Would we have met our Professor - would we even be alive - if not for this village?

Claude: Would we get to make memories like this?

Dimitri: This is truly a blessed place. 

Claude: Blessed or not, let’s just enjoy this moment. Right Edelgard?

Edelgard: Yes...let’s enjoy this moment. 

Edelgard: And Claude?

Claude: Yeah?

Edelgard: Thanks for the food. 

Claude: What do you - what! My plate!? How did you?

Edelgard: *mouth full* What can I say? The food is delicious. 

Dimitri: *chuckling* Why Claude, I think we’ve found her weakness!

Claude: Edelgard, give it back!

Edelgard: *laughing* hahaha!

Author's Notes:

Spoiler

I did consider having an A-Support where the three go to Remire Village after Chapter 8, and the three focus on finding mementos for the survivors. I really like the idea of there being another full C-A pre-timeskip support, but I decided that I wanted this to be a happier, harsher-in-hindsight type of support. Those are a bit more fun to write.

There was also the idea of making a support that took place after the Battle of the Eagle and the Lion, after the feast and after the talk with Byleth. The three house leaders would get together and help the servants clean the dining hall. There was going to be some dialogue variation, depending on which house won and who which house Byleth picked, but I decided against it. The main reason was because it's late where I am, I'm tired, and I have a drive in the morning. A smaller reason was because I didn't want to create too long a support chain. I wanted just enough stuff to happen for the leaders to feel like they're bonding, but not so much that they're the tightest of friends. With the supports complete, the timing doesn't work either. The B-Support needs to be completed before the chapter after the Battle of the Eagle and the Lion. That'd make it that I'd have to push back the C and B-Supports a few chapters, and that would be very hard for newcomers to complete. So if you'd like, consider it a C+ Support of sorts.

If it wasn't clear, the monster in question was a bear. They found it super early and Dimitri pretty much solo'd it. In the B-Support, searching by Remire Village was Dimitri's idea, and he more or less charged off on his own. Claude backed him up since he didn't think going alone was wise, and Dedue wasn't around when Dimitri figured it out. 

Ending on Edelgard's carefree laughter wasn't where the support originally ended. The original ending was going to be with Edelgard saying "let's enjoy this moment," and the rest would have been a "this is what happens right after" in the Author's Notes section, but I thought it was too heartwarming to be left out. Any chances I see to make Edelgard laugh that also feel somewhat in-character, I'm going to take! 

Speaking of Edelgard, she and Dimitri don't spat a lot during these supports. It's fine and all, but I do wonder if that's an incorrect perception of them getting in the way. To me, Claude and Edelgard simply have easier buttons to push with each other in a group dynamic than Dimitri does; most of my attempts end up making Dimitri look like a lovesick schoolboy than a respectible peer. Not sure how to fix that just yet, but I guess it's fine. And yeah, she really wouldn't have gone off on her own, or at least without telling Hubert, but I'd just hand-wave it away by saying she chose a weekend he would be away assassinating someone or something like that. He and Byleth (regardless of which house Byleth is teaching) would be the first two to arrive in the morning.

The use of bear meat wasn't entirely planned, but there always was a meal involved. When I started typing, that was part of the A support, but moving it up worked a lot better. It's also a nice allusion to Lissa, Chrom, Robin, and Frederick's first few chapters in Fire Emblem Awakening. There's something pure about the idea of people, sitting around a campfire and getting to know each other (even if it's not that fun in real life), and I wanted a bit of that here. 

I tried to strike a solid balance between OOC and in-character. Hopefully I achieved it. 

Manuela and Hanneman's parts in the C-Support were far larger than originally intended, but that's fine. I needed them to give exposition, but having them spat a little was just me having fun. 

The Crest abilities stuff is something that's only mentioned a couple times in the game, and I wanted to expand on it here, giving it some clever - if not ultimately bittersweet - foreshadowing. Claude's stuff was me playing with some fun potential head-canon, while Edelgard's gives me a way to explain Jeralt and Rhea's lifespan. Rhea has been around the church for decades but hasn't really aged. Saying that it's an ability of the Crest of Seiros would erase suspicion. For Edelgard, this would trick first-time players into thinking that she's trying to become an immortal emperor of sorts...and then you find out about her condition. What a cruel irony...hehehe....

And Remire Village is anything but blessed. Heck, if this was in the game, I'd believe that Edelgard's growing attachment to this place is why Solon would choose that specific village for his experiment. 

Overall, this was supposed to be a shorter more bitter support stretched out over three parts that I fit into two, longer supports that end on a pretty happy note. And that was the right call to make. 

And in non-head-canon/made-up support news, there are rumors that the next remake will be the Tellius games. These aren't the first time I've heard such rumors - Mangs reported similar things last year I believe (before he was outed for being the abusive creep he is and kicked out of the FE Subreddit community). But frankly, I really hope this isn't true. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/modh0r/a_reddit_user_that_leaked_info_about_fire_emblem/

And now a game journalist is saying that they got in contact with Thanibomb and the leaker said they "don't have any news and are just hoping for a Tellius remake," to summarize things. I'm linking the Reddit thread (by the same person who posted the one before) as well as the link to where the article publisher responds. There are some edits to the original article too, so I'm linking that as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/modh0r/a_reddit_user_that_leaked_info_about_fire_emblem/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/mp7m6z/nintendo_enthusiast_claims_that_they_contacted/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/modh0r/a_reddit_user_that_leaked_info_about_fire_emblem/gu7iqoo/

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/debunked-fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-radiant-dawn-remake-rumor-is-illegitimate/ 

Overall, the takeaway from this is that we still have nothing. Whether or not Thanibomb knows anything is hearsay at best. They've dropped comments that could be read as hints or teases, but they can also be read from the view of a fan that's excited about something in their fandom. The game journalist may have indeed reached out to Thanibomb, and Thanibomb may have lied. Or maybe they told the truth. Or maybe they're making it up and Thanibomb simply doesn't care. We don't know, and probably won't know for a little while more. 

As I was trying to take a nap yesterday, two more Trio Support ideas popped into my head. Enjoy these. Hopefully I can finish up the other ideas I felt I've promised, and then end my post of the fan-made supports for good here. I'll also keep posting about any news and/or rumors until an official announcement happens. 

I may write more today. I may not. It depends on how much a distraction I need from real life events and news. (Probably a large one...)

Flayn/Manuela/Seteth

Spoiler

C-Support: 

Requirements: 

Flayn/Seteth - C

Seteth/Manuela - B

Flayn/Manuela - B

Spoiler

Manuela: ...and then, the tiger jumps and catches the lamp in its mouth-

Flayn: Eep!

Manuela: -and tosses it into the pit, never to be seen again!

Manuela: And that is why wishing for the well-being of others is the best wish possible. 

Flayn: What a delightful story! I had no idea such tales could exist. 

Manuela: Oh, it’s a harmless one. I knew it even in my youth. I hear that street performers wear quite the costumes when reciting it now!

Flayn: And do they recite this at the opera as well?

*Seteth enters*

Seteth: What is this about the opera?

Flayn: Brother! Professor Manuela was telling me such a wonderful story!

Seteth: ...nothing too untoward, I hope.

Manuela: Seteth, you wound me!

Flayn: Nothing of the sort! It had to do with carpets and tigers and lamps!

Seteth: Oh my. 

Manuela: And it was all perfectly good fun. It’s just a local tale from the Empire. 

Seteth: Carpets and lamps...the Street King of Enbarr?

Manuela: Correct! That was one heck of an educated guess!

Flayn: You have heard of this story? Dear brother, you have been holding back quite the adventure for me. 

Seteth: I remember...listening to Mother read it to you when you were a newborn. I guess the life we’ve had since then has let it escape my memory. 

Seteth: I’m sure there’s an official copy in the library. I will read it to you as soon as possible. 

Flayn: *blushing* Brother! I am old enough to read stories like this by myself now. Besides, Professor Manuela just recited it for me, if you have not aged so much as to forget that fact. 

Seteth: Ah yes. My apologies Flayn. And please accept my thanks Manuela. 

Manuela: For?

Seteth: For rousing old memories of halcyon days. There have been many precious moments I have not allowed myself to think of until now. So thank you. 

Manuela: How about you go out drinking with me instead? I could use a friendly face at the bar.

Seteth: As you know, drinking is not a particular habit I usually care to indulge in.

Manuela: Same refusal as last time…

Seteth: ...however, I may be so busy these next twenty-four hours reminiscing on lost memories, I may find it hard to reprimand such...ah...mistaken behavior that may be made.

Flayn: Professor, I think my brother is saying that if you are going to become inebriated, he will not scold you this time. 

Manuela: Thanks for the translation sweetie. In that case, if you’ll excuse me, I have some important business to attend to. 

*Manuela leaves*

Flayn: I like her. 

Seteth: She has a kind soul, despite her frivolities and attitude. 

*Seteth leaves*

Flayn: A kind soul? That is the most forward I have seen my brother with a woman in ages! Could he be falling in love! Oh, it’s just like in the tale!

B-Support:

Spoiler

Flayn: *panting* Professor Manuela!

Manuela: Flayn? What’s got you in such a hurry?

Flayn: My brother and I are heading to the town for supplies, I was wondering if you wanted to come along. 

Manuela: That’s a sweet offer, dear, but I think your brother would prefer to spend that time with you exclusively, not you and a tagalong. 

Flayn: I spend far too much time with my brother if you ask me. But I also need your assistance on a somewhat delicate matter.

Manuela: Oh?

Flayn: *blushing* I would like your help in turning word to verse. 

Manuela: You need help creating a song? Is it a love song?

Flayn: I have a project I am working on, but I need your help in learning how to create a song and story. 

Manuela: What is the project in question?

Flayn: It is a secret! 

Manuela: Well, I can’t help much if I don’t know the goal. 

Flayn: I know, and I apologize, but I need your help on this project. Please, Professor Manuela. For me. 

Manuela: *sighs* Oh alright. Let’s go shopping. 

*transition *

Seteth: Flayn there you are! I was getting - 

Seteth: Manuela, what are you doing here?

Manuela: Your sister decided that there might be some items that acquire my special attention, if you know what I mean. 

Seteth: *blushing* I see. Carry on. 

*we see scenes of the three shopping*

*sunset*

Flayn: Oh, a street performance!

Seteth: And a new one at that. 

Flayn: Brother, we have made great strides on our list. May we pause and watch?

Seteth: Of course. 

Manuela: Now this is a new story!

Flayn: You do not know it?

Seteth: Street stories are usually variations of older myths, but this one seems to be a fresh take entirely!

Seteth: ...Interesting. I may have to take notes. 

Flayn: Allow me brother. It is the least I can do!

Manuela: Oh! I see…Seteth, I agree, leave the note-taking to Flayn. I’ll even go over some of it with her later. Let’s just enjoy the show.

Seteth: Very well.

*Transition to night*

Manuela: That was delightful!

Seteth: Indeed, it was quite a pleasant experience. Flayn, did you enjoy the reprieve? 

Flayn: Very much so. Thank you both. 

Seteth: No, thank you for convincing me. If you will excuse me, these supplies need to make their way back to Garrag Mach. Flayn, if you could…

Seteth: Flayn…?

Manuela: It seems she enjoyed the show so much she’s talking to the performers and crew!

Seteth: Such passion. Where did this come from?

Manuela: Hmm...maybe it runs in the family? 

Seteth: So long as she doesn’t end up creating a religion, I think that is fine…

Manuela: What was that?

Seteth: Nothing of any importance. Now if you will excuse me, these supplies still need to make their way back to the monastery.

Manuela: Why don’t I help you carry them? I’m not as fragile as I look. 

Seteth: Once again, I am in your debt.

A-Support:

Requirements:

Flayn/Seteth - A

Flayn/Manuela - A

Manuela/Seteth - A+

A-Support Start

Spoiler

Seteth: Flayn? Flayn?!

Manuela: Seteth, there you are! I’ve been looking for...what’s wrong?

Seteth: It’s Flayn. She said that she was going into town, but she has yet to come back. 

Manuela: And you’re worried about the events of five years ago repeating, yes?

Seteth: Exactly. 

Manuela: Worry no more! I have a note from that dearest sister of yours.

Manuela: ‘Professor Manuela. At this point, my brother is frantically searching for me. I am fine. I am in town endeavoring to put the final touches on my project. Please lead him to the square where we saw the street performance all those years ago.’

Manuela: It’s even in her handwriting. 

Seteth: So it is…why didn’t you tell me about this earlier?

Manuela: Well, I meant to, but you were gone, and while I was searching for you, you were searching for Flayn.

Seteth: I see...

Manuela: So what do you say Seteth? Shall we make this a date?

Seteth: Heh, so it seems to be. Come, my wyvern can carry us to town faster than our legs will.

*transition to town*

Pre-Battle Dialogue

Spoiler

*chaos*

Bandit: Find the kids, take them away!

Flayn: No, you will not take any of the children today! You have ruined this festival, terrorized these people, and ruined my surprise performance. I can allow you to run rampant no longer! 

Bandit: Oh, and who’s going to stop - gah!

*Seteth appears* 

Seteth: Flayn! 

Flayn: Brother!

Manuela: Seteth! That man may have been part of the performance!

Flayn: Blessedly, he is not. Please, Professor Manuela, Brother, I need your assistance. Please help the villagers in the square. 

Seteth: And leave you here defenseless? I forbid it!

Flayn: Brother, I am strong, and I must protect these children. I will be fine. 

Seteth: But…

Flayn: And I have help coming presently. So please, go. 

Manuela: Seteth, you’ve raised a mature girl, now let’s make sure other families get the chance to do the same!

Seteth: And then we are coming right back! 

Flayn: Ah, there he is! My knight in shining armor!

[Flayn’s highest Male Support that isn't Seteth enters and is playable]

Unit: This isn’t what I expected…

Flayn: The town is under attack! Please help us defend it!

Unit: Understood.

Post-Battle Dialogue

Spoiler

Manuela: And that is that. 

Seteth: Flayn, it appears that all of the bandits have been taken care of. Let us return home. We have much to discuss tomorrow.

Flayn: I’m sorry Brother, but I cannot go home just yet.

Seteth: I don’t believe that this was up for discussion. 

Flayn: I have talked to the people of this town. They want to carry out this festival, and that means continuing the planned performance. As I said, I am sorry, Brother, but I cannot go home just yet. 

Manuela: ...Seteth. Let’s stay and watch. 

Flayn: Professor Manuela!

Manuela: Flayn has been working on this for years at this point, and I think it’s her desire for you to see her as she desires to be seen. 

Seteth: Manuela, even you...very well. We will stay to watch. But before that, we must help dispose of the bandits.

Flayn: Professor Manuela, Brother...thank you both! 

A-Support Continued:

Spoiler

*Transition*

Flayn: Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the Tiger-Dragon and the Teacher!

Manuela: The Tiger-Dragon?

Seteth: The-the Teacher?!

*Transition*

*Cheering*

Flayn: Thank you! Your spirits have been dragged down by this war, but there is light! The Church of Seiros will fight for you! Our Esteemed Professor will fight for you! Our Saints will fight for you! I will fight for you!

*Cheering*

Seteth: ...Cethleann...

*transition*

*Flayn is talking to the Male Support Unit*

Manuela: That daughter of yours...she really does resemble Cethleann, doesn’t she?

Seteth: I...that she does. That she does…

*Flayn leaves and approaches them*

Flayn: Professor Manuela, Brother, thank you for your support.

Seteth: Of course. 

Manuela: Say, Flayn...you wouldn’t happen to have based the play off of your father and I, would you?

Flayn: Fa-father?! I would do no such thing! My father is an esteemed man! Wait-

Manuela: And you! Young man, what was his role in all of this?

Alternative: And Professor! What is your role in all of this?

Flayn: He was simply helping me with the choreography.*

Manuela: If you say so. Now, off to the monastery with you!

*love interest leaves*

Flayn: *yawning*I will have to thank him on the morrow. if you will excuse me, all of the day’s adventures have tired me out.

*Seteth lifts Flayn onto his back*

Flayn: Bro-brother! Put me down. I am far too old for such behavior.

Seteth: Sleep, sweet daughter. I will get us back home safely.

Flayn: ...father…

Manuela: Such a dear child…

*Villager appears*

Villager: Sir, mam, that daughter of yours is something special! Some of the other villagers are saying she’s Saint Cethleann incarnate!

Seteth: My sis-

Manuela: Our daughter is far too much of a troublemaker to be such a thing. But thank you for the kind words.

*Villager leaves*

Seteth: Manuela, if rumors start to spread -

Manuela: At this point, it may seem far more suspicious if you were to deny them. Let people think what they think Seteth. And let Flayn have a full family again, if only for these moments.

Seteth: …come. Let us all return home.

*transition back to Garrag Mach*

Seteth: And done.

Manuela: *winking* Why, tonight was quite the night! Care to stretch it out any longer?

Seteth: *smiling* You know...after today’s excitement, I think I could use a drink.

Extra Note

Spoiler

This is said if the romantic partner is: Claude, Felix, Dimitri, or Raphael.

If the romantic partner is Linhardt or Ignatz, she will say: “He was simply helping with the music and art.” 

If the romantic partner is Ferdinand or Byleth, she will say “He was simply helping with the choreography...and the music...and many other things truthfully. (*blushing*) He was quite helpful.” 

Author's Notes:

Spoiler

I outlined and wrote this in a flurry of inspiration yesterday, disrupting the other supports I had planned to write. 

There isn’t a trio ending since this isn’t an OT3. I did consider having them a family unit officially, but I’d rather have Seteth & Manuela’s normal ending along with Flayn and someone else. 

And yes, Seteth and Manuela’s night may or may not have led to some...adult activities. I originally wanted them to join the “mile-high club” but I realized that would be a little too much. And probably really gross for the wyvern. Blegh. 

The play at the beginning was a clear reference to Aladdin, which, despite being old and adapted to Enbarr’s culture, has its roots in Almyran culture. (The story would be about an Almyran refuge left in Enbarr who, after finding no proper employment despite his skills, would wish for riches and royalty from a Genie. Through a series of hijinks that include a tiger, he’d fall in love with a wealthy princess and be married, but not before proving his worth with the skills he already had, and wishing for the Genie to be free.) 

The focus on the plays reminded me a lot of F!Byleth/Dimitri/Dorothea, but I sort of leaned into that. I really like the aspect of exploring these areas of the world within Fodlan outside of “that thing” or “that place” that in-game support convos sometimes have. It just makes the world feel more in-depth, you know. It’s that 90-10/Iceberg worldbuilding. 

The name of Flayn's play is indeed about Seteth and Manuela. It's taken from the idea that the transformation of Seteth and (and by proxy Flayn) would be like a Tiger, based off of the Four Auspicious Beasts in Chinese mythology (a dragon, turtle, bird, and tiger). 

One of these supports will focus more on food, but I need to look at all the recipes and find out what the key to writing good food in fantasy/fiction is. (Back to Writing Excuses I go!) 

Obviously the villagers took care of the bandits’ bodies and destroyed property before resuming the performance. That’s part of why Flayn is so tired; she helped set up the performance the previous day, had a dry run-through, defended the town, helped dispose of the bandits’ bodies, helped repair what could be easily repaired, and then put on a performance. All on top of her normal army duties.

The impetus of this support came from the idea of a Seteth/Ferdinand/Flayn focusing on the Crest of Cichol or Seteth/Ferdinand/Manuela support, but I decided to go the family route and have a romantic interest guest appearance at the end, leaving things open for players. Granted, I assume if players are getting that A+ Support between Manuela and Seteth, they’re probably shipping the two. 

I still want a Seteth/Ferdinand/Third PersonTrio later, but I’m not sure how that’d turn out. I think Seteth/Ferdinand/Claude bonding over Wyvern Riding would be pretty fun. I wanted a Claude/Hanneman/Hapi Trio though...hmm...maybe Hanneman/Hapi/Linhardt? Or Hanneman/Hapi/Lysithea? We’ll see. 

I originally had Flayn tell Manuela that Seteth was her father, but I decided against it, since as much as Flayn wants the two to get together, it wouldn’t be in-character. Flayn is only decent at denying things, and never truly admits to anything until people figure it out on their own (see her A Support with Claude). Instead, after the A+ Support between her and Seteth and the events of the night, Manuela pieces it together. Seteth is too much in-the-moment to deny it, and by the time he can, his cover is already blown. He’s fine with it at this point though. 

Flayn and Seteth’s formal way of speaking was like the middle-ground between Say’ri and Constance. It’s older than Constance, but I’m not sure I really nailed it. 

Overall, this turned out to be more ship-heavy than I wanted, but I’m okay with that, since I actually ship Seteth and Manuela.

This support notes quite the shift in focus - they’re now becoming more focused on the battle-aspect of the things as opposed to the characterization dynamics. They feel more like the Paralogues in a lot of ways, and I'm not sure I want that feeling. Hopefully the variety within some of the missions as well as the extremely limited unit selection will make them a little more interesting. I’m hoping to find a balance, since the character interactions are the main force behind these supports in the first place, but not everything ends as it began. Hopefully the variation of when the battles happen in the supports will keep things separate. 

Hilda/Sylvain/Marianne

Spoiler

C-Support:

Requirements: 

Marianne/Sylvain - B

Hilda/Sylvain - B

Bernadetta/Sylvain - B

Marianne/Hilda - B

Spoiler

Marianne: Hilda, what are you doing?

Hilda: Oh hey Marianne! I found this book manuscript in the library, and the story was so good! The drawings were super cute, and I thought it might be fun to help give the cover a little flare, you know?

Marianne: I see. In that case -

Hilda: Hey, why don’t you stay and chat? 

Marianne: Won’t I be bothering you?

Hilda: Marianne, you never bother me. I could use the company anyways. 

Marianne: If you say so…

*transition to behind a bookcase*

Bernadetta: Oh no Bernie, you left your book out. Again! What if someone else reads it...what’s that...Hilda has it?

Bernadetta: What is she doing? Is she writing on it? Oh I bet they’re death threats and hate-notes and death notes! Oh Bernie, what are you going to do!

*Marianne pops around the corner*

Marianne: EEP!

Bernadetta: WAH! GHOST! DON’T KILL ME!!

*Hilda appears*

Hilda: Marianne are you okay? Bernadetta, is that you?

Bernadetta: Oh no! I saw what you did! You won’t get me this time!

*Bernadetta runs off*

Hilda: I wonder what that was about…

*Sylvain enters*

Sylvain: Hey Hilda, hey Marianne. Fancy meeting you two here.

Hilda: Sylvain! Are you here to study for once?

Sylvain: You know me better than that. I heard there's a cute new librarian, and so I'm here to check the rumor out.

Hilda: Say, Sylvain. Marianne and I just had the weirdest encounter with Bernadetta. 

Sylvain: Let me guess, you accidentally spooked her and she ran off shouting. Does that sound about right, Marianne?

Marianne: ...I didn’t mean to scare her…

Sylvain: Trust me, that girl is probably afraid of her own shadow. 

Hilda: Yeah, whatever happened isn’t your fault. 

Sylvain: So, what did happen?

Hilda: I was just helping spice up the cover on this manuscript I found lying around, and Marianne thought she heard something, right?

Marianne: I thought I heard mumbling around the corner, so I went to see if someone needed help…

Hilda: And Marianne and Bernadetta scared each other, and then Bernadetta ran off! 

Sylvain: Hmm...can I see that book for a second? 

Hilda: This one?

Sylvain: ...yup. I thought so. 

Marianne: Is something wrong with the book?

Sylvain: Bernadetta wrote it. 

Hilda: Really? I had no idea she was so talented!

Sylvain: It sounds like she was working on some edits and left it in the library on the table. When she saw you and Marianne working on it, she thought you knew it was hers and were attacking it. 

Marianne: We would never do such a thing!

Hilda: Marianne’s right! We just wanted to...bedazzle it a bit!

Sylvain: I’d suggest leaving either leaving the book here or outside of her room after you finish your work with a note. Talk to her later once that’s done. 

Hilda: Is that what you did?

Sylvain: Yup! ...granted, Bernadetta hasn’t really talked to me since, but she got her book back and doesn’t have a look of abject terror on her face when I say hello. 

Hilda: I guess it’s worth a try, right Marianne?

Marianne: R-right…

Sylvain: Well, I’ll leave you two to it!

Hilda: Thanks Sylvain!

Sylvain: Anything for three lovely ladies!

*Sylvain leaves*

Hilda: Minimal flirting, actual help, maybe Sylvain is turning his act around! ...then again, he was here to hit on a librarian...

Marianne: Can I read the book when you’re done with it?

Hilda: You mean Bernadetta’s book? Absolutely!

Marianne: I’ll write the note and leave it on her door. 

Hilda: Thank you Marianne! I’d offer, but my hands will be so sore after finishing this. 

*Hilda leaves*

*Marianne smiles*

Marianne: Hilda, I’m sure your hands will be fine…

B-Support: MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE CHAPTER 12

Spoiler

Male Student: Really, you wrote this trash?

Bernadetta: I...I…

Female Student: It’s so bad! You would be better burning it than writing again!

Bernadetta: It’s…

*Hilda, Marianne, and Sylvain appear*

Hilda: Hey, what’s going on?

Female Student: Nothing that concerns you! 

Sylvain: I see someone getting harassed, I think this concerns us just fine. 

Male Student: We were just making sure that we had identified the correct writer for this book. 

Hilda: That’s- 

Female Student: ‘Dear Bernadetta. I am sorry about the other day. Here is your book. I hope you enjoy the cover and jewels, and I hope you continue writing. Your works inspire me to be better.’ What a load of garbage! 

Sylvain: What was that?

Male: This book is trash! Anyone with half a brain can see that. 

*Bernadetta starts crying*

*Hilda goes to comfort Bernadetta*

Hilda: Bernadetta! Look at how you’re making her feel!

Female Student: It’s better she learn this now rather than-

Marianne: That’s enough!

Everyone: *shocked (Pikachu) face(s)*

Marianne: Bernadetta put her heart and soul into that book. Hilda put her passion into bringing that cover to life. Who are you to criticize it? If you want to be critics, write your own works first!

Bernadetta: Marianne...Hilda…

Sylvain: Well said Marianne. 

Male Student: *tch* We don’t have to deal with this.

Sylvain: How about a little sparring match? Us versus you. 

Male Student: What?

Sylvain: If we win, you’ll not only leave Bernadetta and the rest of these lovely ladies alone for the rest of your time here at the academy, you’ll also write an apology for the one you hurt the most here. 

Female Student: Why would we agree to that?

Hilda: You may not have a choice.

Male Student: Oh?

Hilda: Sylvain, can you be a dear and explain?

Sylvain: Hilda, it would be my pleasure. You have four high ranking nobles from one each from the Empire, the Kingdom, and two from the Alliance. All of which you've now angered. Do you really want to test our political connections? Because I’m sure we can make life much more difficult for you going forward. A duel is so much simpler, right?

Female Student: Two against three isn’t very fair.

Sylvain: Bring whoever you want. I’m sure that us here can handle it just fine. 

Male Student: Fine, you better get ready though, because we’re not going easy on you!

*Male and Female Student leave*

Hilda: They’re gone now Bernadetta.

Bernadetta: ...thank you…

Sylvain: Hey, I’m just doing what any respectable man would! 

Hilda: Would a respectable man send such a delicate flower to a duel?

Marianne: Will we really be able to win…? I won’t be of much help…

Hilda: Nonsense Marianne! Your presence will give us all the strength we need! Come on, let’s help Bernadetta to her room and go prepare.

Pre-Battle Dialogue:

Spoiler

*Marianne, Sylvain, and Hilda appear*

*Multiple enemies appear*

Hilda: Sylvain this is all your fault!

Sylvain: When I said “bring whoever you want,” I didn't think they’d bring so many students…

Marianne: ...are those students…?

Hilda: Now that I look at them, those aren’t students at all! 

Male Student: You said “bring whoever you want,” not that they had to be students!

Female Student: So we recovered a few of our house’s retainers, hired a mercenary group or two, and here we are!

Sylvain: Following the letter but not the spirit I see...

Marianne: ...can we really win…?

Hilda: Ugh, this is such a drag...

Sylvain: We have no choice but to do so now. Let’s go!

*Two turns into the battle*

Bernadetta: Come on Bernie, you can do this! Hilda made your book beautiful, Marianne stood up for you, and Sylvain even made them agree to protect you! The least you can do is fight with them!

Hilda: Is that...Bernadetta?!

Male Student: Hey, that’s against the rules!

Bernadetta: Syl-Sylvain said that “I’m sure that us here can handle it.” He never said a number! And I was there!

Sylvain: Nicely said Bernadetta! 

Hilda: Come on Bernadetta, let’s show them what us girls can do!

Bernadetta: Right!

Post-Battle Dialogue:

Spoiler

*After Male and Female Student are defeated*

Male Student: Ugh, come on, this isn’t worth it. 

Female Student: Yeah, let’s get out of here. 

Sylvain: Hey, don’t forget about your part of the deal now!

Hilda: Well, that settles that! 

Marianne: Thank you Bernadetta…

Bernadetta: Oh..it’s...I-

Hilda: Coming in to help us? It’s totally unlike you! It was so cool!

Sylvain: Really like the heroine in your book, right?

Bernadetta: I...it’s...oh...can we head back now…?

Hilda: Yeah, let’s go back. I’m all sweaty!

A-Support

Spoiler

*Marianne, Bernadetta, and Hilda are walking forward*

*Sylvain walks up to them*

Sylvain: Hey ladies, going anywhere special?

Hilda: Hey Sylvain! We’re just going to town. It’s time we show Bernadetta’s book off to the world!

Bernadetta: Hilda thinks it’ll be a good experience for me…

Sylvain: Really?

Hilda: Yup! Marianne’s going to read it!

Marianne: Hilda thinks it’ll be a good experience for me…

Sylvain: Now I really can’t believe it. Hilda, you are truly someone special.

Sylvain: Speaking of the book, have those two students bothered you three at all?

Bernadetta: No...I see them, and then they look at me afraid and run away!

Marianne: They do the same with me.

Bernadetta: Isn't it so weird? Such an overreaction. It’s not like I bite...

Hilda: You two are unbelievable. But yes, we’re fine. 

Sylvain: In that case, have a great time. 

Bernadetta: You’re not joining us? 

Sylvain: I have a date with a lovely knight that I have to prepare for. But you three have fun!

*Sylvain leaves*

Hilda: *sighs* Sylvain, never change…

*transition to town*

*The girls are surrounded by children*

Marianne: ‘and she took a step once more into a brave new world.’

Marianne: The end.

*cheering*

Child: That was great! Will you write more stories, lady?

Hilda: The writer is actually right over there!

Child: Really? Are you going to write more stories?

Bernadetta: I...I…

Bernadetta: I think I will! 

Child: Yay! I want to listen to all of them! 

*transition to monastery*

Bernadetta: That. Was. Crazy!

Marianne: I know what you mean...I don’t think I can do that again…

Hilda: But you two did great! Bernadetta, you faced down a crowd! I know you can do anything!

Hilda: Marianne, you spoke so well! And you really got into character!

Marianne: *blushing* …

Bernadetta: They really loved your cover Hilda.

Hilda: I was just working with what was already there. 

Bernadetta: I, I know we’re not that close, but...do you think we can do this again sometime?

Hilda: Why not?

Marianne: ...I’d like to do so too…

Hilda: In that case we definitely have to do so! 

Author's Notes:

Spoiler

The second of my “inspiration outlines” from yesterday. I didn’t have time to write this yesterday and I honestly wasn’t sure I’d get to it today, but waking up at three in the morning does wonders.

While the story was set in stone when I drafted it, I wasn’t sure if this would be a Marianne/Hilda/Bernadetta trio or a Hilda/Sylvain/Bernadetta trio. I didn’t want a Four-Person Support, because once I start doing those, I won’t be able to stop; and the buck needs to stop somewhere! Ultimately I ended up making it a Hilda/Sylvain/Marianne Support about Bernadetta. That ended up working out really well, since Bernie is such a flighty character. Making her run away and have people talk about her without her present made things far easier. And in the end, she still got her time to shine! I may end up visiting that trio+1 support structure later on. If I do, it'll be like the Flayn's romance interest in the above support, or Manuela and Hanneman in the Claude/Dimitri/Edelgard one, where a teacher/host is leading the students on some event.

Bernadetta will have another support later on, probably with Marianne and Ashe. I really like the idea of having the focus of most of the trios being members of the three houses. Enjoying these before the timeskip (and some after) would really help emphasize the brutality of war, especially for first-time players. 

It was hard to get the characters down this support. Their voices were easy to find, but I also needed to make sure that the voices were accurate to the time. For example, Marianne’s voice feels a lot more like Part 2 Marianne to me than Part 1. And Bernie is a little braver than usual as well. 

Sylvain isn’t nearly as flirty or D-Baggy, but that’s on purpose. I wanted Sylvain to have more of a “brother’s charming best friend who isn't interested” vibe, especially since he can’t end up with any of the three ladies. This really comes through to me when Sylvain mentions that he’d help out all three of the gals even when Bernadetta herself isn’t present, as well as when he checks up on the girls post-battle to make sure the bullies had followed through with their end of the deal. (If not, Hilda would have gotten Holst and her father to take care of it somehow.) Having him present but not overpowering or the focus was a very difficult thing, but I think it worked out for the best.

I really wanted this battle to be exclusive to Marianne, Hilda, and Bernadetta if they were a Holy Knight, Great Knight, and Bow Knight exclusively, but that’s going a little too far IMO, and it doesn’t even fit the timeframe or feeling of the story well. The challenge needed to happen in the first half of the game; having it in the second half makes no sense. Why would knights care about what a noble wrote, especially if it doesn’t impact them? And having a second fight in Part 2 would make no sense. It’s better to scrap it than force something that shouldn’t be. 

The battle itself would be have about a 4-1 or 5-1 ratio of enemies-allies before Bernadetta joins, and would become a little easier afterwards. 

As a sort of "post-credit" scene, after the battle in the B-Support, the girls actually head to a public bath area. If this was an anime, it'd be an "hotspring/onsen episode" or rather an "hotspring/onsen moment." 

The Trio Support trend continues! Soleil makes a guest appearance as well. These will also be the last of the supports that I post here outside of the Edelgard/Rhea and potentially Catherine/Balthus. I'm sure I'll still write more, but they won't be posted here. 

Lorenz/Edelgard/Felix 

Spoiler

C-Support:

Requirements: 

Lorenz’s Paralogue Completed

Felix’s Paralogue Completed

Spoiler

Lorenz: Lady Edelgard, may I speak to you for a moment?

Edelgard: Lorenz? Is something the matter?

Lorenz: Nothing too terribly important. I have heard of a new dance that is making its way around the nobility in the Empire, and was simply wondering if you happened to know its steps. 

Edelgard: I’m afraid I don’t do much dancing these days. Ferdinand would doubtless know more than I.

Lorenz: Then this would prove a boon for us both. Learning it as a couple is far more engaging than as individuals, is it not?

Edelgard: Very well, let’s play your game. Professor Manuela will surely know the moves to this dance. 

*transition*

*swords clashing*

Felix: Gah! ...I surrender.

Manuela: That was quite the round Felix. You almost had me. Shall we try again tomorrow?

Felix: Fine by me.

*Lorenz and Edelgard enter*

Manuela: Well if it isn’t Edelgard! And Lorenz? What a rare pair you two are!

Lorenz: Professor Manuela, you are as dashing as ever!

Manuela: Why thank you Lorenz. To what do I owe the pleasure?

Edelgard: Lorenz has heard of a new dancing craze in the Empire and desires to learn it. He’s approached me to be a fellow dancing partner. 

Manuela: You must be talking about the Royal Rains. I didn’t think it spread to the Alliance yet. 

Felix: *to himself* Who comes up with these names?

Lorenz: My father’s territory shares a few borders with the Empire. As such, it falls upon me to stay up to date with the trends for ballroom, fashion, feasts of two nations.

Manuela: I see. Well, give me a moment to powder my nose, and I’ll be right back. 

*Manuela leaves*

Felix: What a waste of time. 

Lorenz: Excuse me?

Felix: Balls, fashion, feasts. Their wastes of time. 

Edelgard: As blunt as Felix is, I tend to agree. Such things are for my citizens, not me. 

Felix: And none of them will help you survive on the battlefield. 

Lorenz: True, but all of them may help you prevent ever entering one. 

Lorenz: An opportune meal or a chance joke at a ball may encourage old enemies to bury feuds before any needless death occurs. A new fashion may allow for an increase or decrease a tax on dye, and may be important when famines hit and sheep and other animals must be used for warm meals instead of wool. 

Edelgard: Lorenz, to you, the ballroom is a battlefield, isn’t it?

Lorenz: Wherever nobles engage the possibility of future bloodshed must be considered. 

Felix: Overwhelming power can achieve the same results. Give me a sword and we’ll see about bloodshed. 

*Manuela returns*

Manuela: *annoyed* I hope you’re not talking about shedding blood while I’m here. 

Edelgard: Never. We were simply discussing views about nobility. 

Manuela: I see. But now I want to see you dance. Lorenz and Edelgard, watch closely. Felix, you’ll help me demonstrate.

Felix: How did I get roped into this…?

C+ Support

Spoiler

Manuela: ...and done! Why don’t we take a little break before continuing.

*Manuela leaves*

Edelgard: I must say, dancing can be very intense exercise. 

Lorenz: Between the footwork and coordination, I didn’t think this trend would be so involved. 

Felix: It’s a good workout. 

Lorenz: Indeed. 

Edelgard: That reminds me. Felix, we saw you training with Professor Manuela when we approached her the other day.

Lorenz: Ah yes, that was quite the surprise. 

Edelgard: How did that come to be?

Felix: I saw Professor Manuela’s footwork during the battle at the beginning of the year. I ended up asking her about it, and she ended up teaching me.

Edelgard: By sparring?

Felix: “The only way for someone like you to learn is if there’s a sword in your hand.” Her words, not mine.

Lorenz: But true, yes?

Felix: Hmph. 

Edelgard: “If your methods get the results you desire, the method is nothing but a stepping stone.”

Lorenz: DeCante, no? 

Edelgard: You know your political theory. 

Lorenz: I prefer the words of Lazune. “Polish the stone but work in the dark, lest the light brand your efforts antagonistic.” 

Felix: And I prefer Yor. “Let me spell out your philosophies with your bones, and see how effective they are written in blood.”

Edelgard: It’s a little surprising that you know who Yor is. 

Lorenz: Not well enough to know that Yor’s works are to be read as satire, not true political theory!

Felix: And I’m surprised you two didn’t notice the crowd forming. 

*Manuela enters*

Manuela: It seems that word of the new dance has gotten out, and many of your peers would like to learn it. 

Lorenz: Ah, that may have been my fault...

Edelgard: What happened to "polish the stone but work in the dark?"

Lorenz: *blushing* ...

Felix: Great, more pests…

Edelgard: The size of the crowd shouldn’t affect the quality of our performance. Felix, Lorenz, why don’t we give them a show?

Lorenz: Yes, let our skill be seen as a challenge to all who may want to master it!

Felix: ...how did I get roped into this?

B-Support

Spoiler

Edelgard: Lorenz!

Lorenz: Lady Edelgard, may I help you?

Edelgard: I have received an invitation to a dance by House Eymor. Have you heard of them?

Lorenz: I have. They are neighbors with an...associate of mine named Acheron. 

Edelgard: I see. Shall we head out together then? 

Lorenz: I would be delighted to do so. 

*transition to a ball*

Lorenz: This is quite the party.

Edelgard: Indeed. So many affluent border nobles...and the sweets at this party…

Lorenz: The taxes and levies on the common-folk must have been quite heavy. 

Edelgard: Those sweets…

Felix: Just eat them if you’re hungry.

*Felix appears*

Lorenz: Felix, what are you doing here?

Felix: I got an invitation. Apparently word got out about my involvement in your useless lessons.

Edelgard: And Lord Rodrigue thought it would be a good experience for you to attend?

Felix: “Even a fisherman must learn how to farm.” Foolish if you ask me. 

Lorenz: *to himself* Fortunately no one did.

Felix: I’m here for a hunt. 

Lorenz: Then we may be circling the same prey. I could use your assistance in this matter, if it is indeed the truth.

Felix: So long as it means I can avoid this farce, I’m in. 

Lorenz: Great, I will call when ready. But for now, Lady Edelgard, would you do me the honor of a dance?

Edelgard: ...very well.

*transition to the dance floor*

Edelgard: What game are you playing, Lorenz?

Lorenz: Whatever do you mean?

Edelgard: Try as you might to distinguish yourself from him, you and Claude are cut from the same cloth. You’re scheming, and I’m a part of it. What is it?

Edelgard: Don’t tell me you’re planning to woo me? 

Lorenz: Lady Edelgard, as peerless of a noble as you are, I don’t think a union like ours would be healthy for either of our countries. As the future head of the Alliance, I must maintain an outlook untarnished from the bias one such yourself would surely give me as your partner. I assume the same would be true for you as the future Emperor.

Edelgard: So you seek someone to stand behind you silently?

Lorenz: Not at all! I seek...ah, let us continue this discussion another time. Now it is time for us to move.

Pre-Battle Dialogue

Spoiler

*transition to a storage room*

Rogues: Is this all the goods?

Lord Eymor: That’s all of them. With these, raising an army should take little effort.

Edelgard: An army for what?

*Lorenz, Edelgard, and Felix appear*

Lord Eymor: For my kingdo-

Felix: It doesn’t matter for what right now. You can follow the paper trail later. 

Lorenz: Our ally is right. Let us vanquish this plot before it truly begins!

*Battle begins*

Edelgard: Are those piles of grain and coins?

Lorenz: Ah, it must be the tariffs House Eymor reported they were too poor to pay. If we can capture these, we may be able to ease taxes on the common folk in Glouster territory. 

Felix: So we stop the fools from setting them aflame? On it. 

Post-Battle Dialogue (B-Support Cont'd) 

Spoiler

*After Eymor is defeated*

Lord Eymor: No! My plans! My riches…my kingdom…

Felix: Rule from your grave.

Lorenz: And that settles that. 

*transition*

Edelgard: Lorenz, would you care to explain what this was all about? 

Lorenz: Of course, my apologies. 

Lorenz: After my previous confrontation with Acheron, I had noticed an increasingly worrying discrepancy in his neighbor’s tariffs and taxes.  I decided to reach out to another noble to see if the same thing was true. 

Felix: It was my father you reached out to, wasn’t it?

Lorenz: Precisely. 

Edelgard: Lord Rodrigue knew of this?

Felix: My father saw similar activity occurring on his borders and was investigating it. He wrote that it felt like the still before a battle.

Edelgard: I see…

Felix: Did you reach out to my old man before or after the dance lessons?

Lorenz: Before. Seeing you there was nothing but opportunistic however. 

Felix: And keeping me there was a way to have an ally by your side when you investigated, right?

Lorenz: Indeed. Once I heard word from Lord Rodrigue, I sent some of my best spies to find out who and why this was occurring. Nothing concrete was reported, but I did hear rumors of a “new country” and Lord Eymor’s named was attached.

Edelgard: And the dance lessons play in…

Lorenz: Lord Eymor is one who prided himself on knowing every single trend. He always talked about how he was going to invent the next trend, and not simply follow it. So anyone who could dance well enough to be noticed - 

Felix: - which you made sure of with the crowd.

Lorenz: And anyone skilled enough to be noticed would be invited to one of his balls.

Edelgard: Where you would search his place and discover his stores and receipts. 

Felix: Sloppy. 

Lorenz: Or contrived...I assume this was your doing, Lady Edelgard?

Edelgard: ...I’m impressed. I didn’t think you would catch on. 

Lorenz: You accepted my invitation for dancing lessons without much pushback despite your personal distaste for the art. You then proceeded to invite me to the ball, placing me under your jurisdiction instead of having me act as an emissary of the Alliance. Now House Glouster gets their desired supplies, the Kingdom’s investigation is concluded, and the Emperor can launch an official investigation, regaining some of the power lost in the Insurrection of the Seven.

Edelgard: ...indeed...

Felix: And from these papers a coup avoided. It’s almost a shame. A war would have made things more interesting.

Lorenz: Interesting is hardly ever beneficial for the common folk. As nobles, it is our utmost duty to protect them. Even if it means sully our hands.

Edelgard: What will happen to Acheron?

Lorenz: He will deny any involvement of course, and his tariffs were paid in full, so he has deniability. I will deal with him when the time comes.

Edelgard: Such prudence...Lorenz, we might make an interesting pair yet. 

Lorenz: I am humbled that you believe so. 

Felix: Urgh, I’m leaving. Let me know when you’re done flirting. 

*Felix turns to leave*

Felix: But you two are strong. Strong enough to protect those you talk down to. Don’t lose that strength or everyone will suffer, and you’ll become boring to me if you do. 

*Felix leaves*

Lorenz: Felix of House Fraldarius...I am never sure what to make of that man.

Edelgard: His strength is impressive, as is his insight. I think the three of us make quite the team. 

Lorenz: Indeed. Let us pray a team such as ours isn’t needed too often.

*Felix, Lorenz, and Edelgard have gained Royal Rains Combat Art!*

Author's Notes

Spoiler

It would have been easy to have done a Ferdinand/Lorenz/Sylvain trio support. Heck, I still might do that. But that wouldn’t have been as fun, and I need some fun today. The goal here was to get a sword/lance/axe combo that’s from all three houses. This doesn’t mean anything long-term, but I thought it’d be fun. 

This support gave me a chance to explore some political intrigue via dancing. (Again, I’ve been on a Manuela kick.)

Felix’s behavior was hard to mesh with Edelgard and Lorenz’s. He’s so diametrically opposed to them, but not in a very fun way. He wouldn’t even engage in discourse with Lorenz if asked, although his snark may belie some noble tutelage he’d rather ignore. Edelgard might get something out of Felix, but I wouldn’t count on it too often. (Although I can see Felix ultimately ending up as a fling for Edelgard, if she was into such things - Felix would admire her strength and conviction, and while Edelgard would respect Felix for the same, she'd find his desire to fight and lack of long-term vision not nearly as useful.) Ultimately that means Felix wouldn’t attend the ball unless forced to. So...I forced him to by having Rodrigue send him. Felix probably caught onto Lorenz and Edelgard’s scheme, he just didn’t care. 

I think Felix training with Manuela would be an interesting development, and I even thought about making a support conversation for the two that more or less leads into this moment. Fortunately, including a reason in the C+ Support means I don’t have to. The two will keep practicing until Felix wins. There was a small thought about how this support conversation might only occur if Felix was chosen to be the Dancer, but I decided against it.*

Adding the C+ Support allowed me to add in a little more detail about political theory than I had envisioned originally, but it was necessary. When I was looking over the plot, I realized that things were happening a little too fast. We needed a reason to believe that word would get out about the trio’s dancing skills, so here it went. Felix knows of the political theorists since he’s a noble after all. He simply doesn’t care about them. 

In terms of politics, the Eymor family was made up for this support. They’re technically nobles in the Empire, but due to some business needs (I imagine exporting), they pay taxes to the Alliance as well. Despite this, Lorenz stepping in to investigate as an agent of the Alliance would be risky, hence his asking Edelgard to dance and more or less be his cover. Lorenz has suspicions about Edelgard being in on this from the very beginning, but only gets confirmation once he invites her to the dance. Hubert was helping set things up behind the scenes. 

As for Edelgard, this was important for her since it allowed her to test Lorenz’s mettle as well as take down a rebellion that may have started larger problems before it started. Lorenz may be a powerful ally or enemy to Edelgard in the future, and she needed to know which he would be. This more or less convinced her that he’d step in line when her plan was enacted, as it would be the most beneficial thing for him and those he protects. 

Edelgard's question to Lorenz about him pursuing her as a wife was also a test. Ideally and more realistically, that talk would have happened in the carriage on the way to the ball, but that would be hard to depict, given the limited assets Three houses has. 

I was very tempted to allude to Tiktok somehow in this support with the dance craze, but I decided against it. I don’t think I’d be able to work it in regardless. 

*Statistically, Felix is actually a pretty good choice to be a Dancer. He gets a nice Sword Avoid skill along with an exclusive Combat Art IIRC, still has access to his magic without losing any speed growths, and gains extra utility. The problem is that Felix is a frontline fighter while Dancers should pretty much always be dancing. It’s giving him utility he doesn’t really need. (Marianne works well as a Dancer because she can handle the extra utility well. If there’s an ally out of dancing range, she can heal or hold her own in combat.) 

Annette/Ashe/Lysithea 

Spoiler

Recommended Songs:

“Up There” by VersaEmerge for C & B Supports

“Fire (Aim Your Arrows High)” or “Father Sky” by VersaEmerge, or “Blooming” by Band-Maid for A-Support

C-Support

Spoiler

Mercedes: ...and they were never seen again…

Ashe: *gulp*

Mercedes: But some nights, when the moon is full, the people of the town swear they hear wailing...such sad wailing…

Annette: *voice shaking* Really…?

Mercedes: But I’m sure it’s just an old tale and you two have nothing to worry about. 

Annette: Phew! Mercie you almost got us, isn’t that right Ashe?

Ashe: *voice shaking* Almost, yup, hahaha...almost…

Mercedes: Well, I’m off to bed. Have a great night. I hear it’s a full moon. 

Ashe: It’s a full moon? Tonight?

Mercedes: I’ll see you in the morning!

*Mercedes leaves*

Annette: Wow, Mercie really knows her stories…

Ashe:  And she doesn’t hold back. That might have been the scariest one yet. 

Annette: It’s definitely the scariest one I want to hear tonight! Let’s head back!

Annette: ...or, we have so much homework…

Ashe: Homework! Right! It’d be bad if we didn’t stay up making sure it was just perfect. 

Annette: Exactly! A little all-nighter won’t hurt us. 

Lysithea: All-nighter?

Ashe: AAAAAHHHH!

Annette: GHOST! STAYAWAYSTAYAWAYSTAYAWAY!

*Ashe and Annette leave*

Lysithea: That was rude! Wait, did they say ghost? ...I think I’ll head to bed early tonight…

B-Support: MUST BE THE NEXT MONTH

Spoiler

Lysithea: Ashe, Annette, there you are!

Annette: Oh Lysithea. Is something wrong?

Lysithea: You left your homework in the library last month. I’ve been meaning to return it to you.

Annette: Thanks Lysithea! 

Ashe: The Professor wasn’t very happy we forgot it the next day. This may not make up for the forgetfulness, but hopefully it’ll show that we did do the work. 

Annette: Is there anything we can do to repay you?

Lysithea: Not mistaking me for a ghost would be a great starting place. 

Annette: That was you? *blushing* Sorry.

Ashe: Yeah, we’re really sorry...

(Ashe, if he has at least a C-Support with Marianne: This is the second time I’ve thought someone from the Alliance is a ghost...I’m really sorry…)

Lysithea: I guess I can overlook it this time. It’s not like I was mistaken for a child again...why did you think I was a ghost in the first place?

Annette: Mercie told us this really scary story that night. 

Ashe: Yeah, it involved a crazy archer and a priestess he fell in love with. One day-

Annette: Ashe, wait! ...say Lysithea, why don’t you meet us in the library tonight? I could use your help on something.

Lysithea: Tonight? Fine, I’ll be there. But this had better be good.

*transition to the night*

Mercedes: He shot arrow after arrow, using that legendary bow Yewfelle, swearing “no one will touch my beautiful bride.”

Lysithea: *gasp*

*slight transition*

Mercedes: ...soon, the whole town was silent, still, yet moving towards the archer. United in deadly purpose...

Annette: And then he ran out of arrows!

Ashe: Annette! Let Mercedes tell it!

Annette: Oh, right, sorry!

Mercedes: ...and as the crazed archer arrows ran out, he started breaking the priestess’s bones, removing them even as she healed the wounds…

Lysithea: No!

Mercedes: Some bones were used to fix his bow. Other parts were used for arrows. Soon, it was so bad he began to pull teeth...

*slight transition*

Mercedes: But some nights, when the moon is full, the people of the town swear they hear wailing...such sad wailing…

Ashe: *scared sounds*

Annette: *scared sounds*

Lysithea: *voice trembling*  ...that’s not real, is it?

Mercedes: Of course not. It’s just a tale people tell. Well, I’m off to bed. I hear tonight’s another full moon. Why, what convenient times to tell this story!

Lysithea: *voice trembling*  Mercedes! Don’t leave us!

*Mercedes leaves*

Annette: *voice trembling* ...well, what did you think?

Lysithea: *voice trembling* So, you said you were going to spend all night studying last month, right?

Ashe: *voice trembling* ...it’s a noble sacrifice, right? Like one a knight would make…

Lysithea: Exactly! Our studies are important. Losing one night of sleep is worth the work.

Annette: I read that losing a night of sleep can actually be a good -

*Linhardt yawns*

Lysithea: ...what was that?

Linhardt: Losing sleep is never good…

*Annette, Lysithea, and Ashe all scream*

Lysithea: Ghost!

Annette: STAYAWAYSTAYAWAYSTAYAWAY!

Ashe: Run, I’ll hold it off!

*All three run*

Linhardt: ...ow...my ears...zzzz

*transition to morning* 

Annette: Ashe…

Ashe: Lysithea…

Lysithea: Annette…

Mercedes: Good morning you three! Did you sleep well?

Ashe: Mercedes, I’m not sure I’ll ever sleep again…

Annette: Mercie, I think I may need to sleep in your room tonight.

Lysithea: Seconded…

Mercedes: Oh, that sounds like a fun girls’ night! We can stay up all night chatting! I’ll go talk to Ingrid and Dorothea! Lysithea, can you ask Hilda?

Lysithea: On second thought, I may just try to go to bed early tonight…

Mercedes: Nonsense. I’m sure we have a lot to talk about. I don’t think we’ll get a wink of sleep! 

Ashe: ...zzz…

A-Support

Spoiler

*Lysithea is walking*

Annette: Lysithea! 

Lysithea: Annette?

Annette: Have you seen Mercedes? I haven’t been able to find her all day.

Ashe: Lysithea! Annette!

*Ashe appears*

Annette: Ashe? What’s wrong?

Ashe: I saw a woman that looked like a priestess being carried off! 

Lysithea: What?

Ashe: The pursuers shot arrows at me when I tried to follow. I can chase them down, but I may need help if things turn ugly.

Annette: Oh no, Mercedes!

Lysithea: Wait, this feels familiar. Are you sure it wasn’t-

Annette: Come on, let’s go! 

Lysithea: Annette, wait! It may be a trap!

Annette: If it’s a trap, I’ll spring it. My best friend may be in danger! I’m not wasting another second!

*Annette leaves*

Ashe: ...even if it is a trap, someone may be in danger. It’s our job to help. 

Lysithea: ...you’re right. Let’s go!

Pre-Battle Dialogue: 

Spoiler

Maiden: Help! Please help!

Annette: I’m coming!

Ashe: Annette! We’re here to back you up!

Lysithea: That’s not Mercedes.

Annette: No, but she needs our help. Come on!

*Before First Turn*

Archer Boss: Stay away! I’m warning you! This bow is strong, and this tower is the perfect defense!

Post-Battle 1 Dialogue

Spoiler

Archer Boss: My love...My...Adea...n…

Ashe: He’s gone…

Annette: Missus, are you okay?

Maiden: I am fine, but I think you should worry about yourselves…

Lysithea: What do you mean?

*groaning*

*monsters appear on the battlefield*

Lysithea: Ashe, what are those…?

Ashe: I’m not sure, but I don’t think they’re friendly.

Maiden: Those monsters, they seek outsiders. If they are here, then it’s too late...I will be fine...please run and save yourselves. 

Ashe: And abandon you? No knight would do such a thing, and neither will we, we’re all going to make it out of here. 

Ashe: Gah, my bow is cracked. 

Annette: Let’s switch positions then. We’ll take out any approaching enemies and you guard our backs, okay. 

Ashe: Got it. 

Maiden: ...Archer, may I see your bow?

Ashe: Alright, but it’s not the best around. 

Maiden: I have a spell that will assist. Please, take a drink of this elixir, and allow me to bless this bow.

Ashe: !!

Annette: Ashe, what’s wrong?

Ashe: This bow...it’s strong. It’s like I can feel it’s strength. 

Maiden: This magic is a technique from long ago, but now it is lost and forgotten, just like me...

Lysithea: I’m sure you’ll be well known if we make it out of here, so let’s focus on that part for now!

Maiden: I am sorry I cannot give more. Those things...I can’t...

Annette: Whatever those monsters are…

Lysithea: They won't defeat us!

Post-Battle 2 Dialogue

Spoiler

*After all the monsters are defeated*

Maiden: My friends...my old friends...I am so sorry…

Annette: It looks like it’s done.

Lysithea: Good. 

*Transition*

Ashe: Milady, are you okay?

Ashe: Milady?

Annette: Where did she go?

Lysithea: She might have slipped out while we were fighting. She’s fine. Let’s go. 

Annette: Yeah, this place gives me the creeps…

Ashe: …

*Transition*

Villager: Hey, what are you three doing out here?

Lysithea: We heard there was a maiden in danger. We spent the night trying to help her. 

Annette: But she left while we were fighting. You haven’t seen her, have you?

Villager: No I haven’t...but I think I know what happened. 

Villager: That tower is called the Behlalla Tower. It’s a place where people make burnt offerings for good fortune and love to the Goddess. It’s not entirely in line with the church doctrine, but every village has its quirks. They say that this was the place of a great tragedy.

Villager: What I do know is that a couple of generations ago, something happened here.  I’m not sure what, but ever since then, people sometimes get strange dreams of a maiden and a crazy archer. 

Ashe: And that’s what happened to us?

Villager: Probably. Give it a couple of days, and it’ll all feel like a bad dream. Now go back to where you belong, kids. 

*Villager leaves*

Lysithea: …

Ashe: What’s wrong, Lysithea? You don’t believe it?

Lysithea: ...I’ve been to Belhalla Tower. 

Annette: Really?

Lysithea: There’s one near my family’s territory in the Alliance. We travel past it on the way to the monastery. There’s no way there can be two towers...is there? But that’s not the only thing bothering me about this story...

Lysithea: Say...Annette, doesn’t this remind you of…

Annette: Remind me of what?

Lysithea: Don’t make me say it…

Annette: I don’t get it. Remind me of… *gasp* Mercie’s story!

Lysithea: Exactly!

*wind blows*

Lysithea: Is it getting colder? 

Annette: ...I think I could go for a nice blanket right now. 

Lysithea: Same. Let’s hurry back!

*Lysithea and Annette leave*

Ashe: Hey! This isn’t the bow I was using! But it’s nicer than the one I had...what really happened…?

*Ashe leaves*

Maiden: ...farewell Ashe of House Gaspard. You now hold the power and the blood of Ulir and now wield my namesake bow. May you fight your war well...

*Ashe gained Yewfelle!*

Author's Notes:

Spoiler

Mercedes is fine. Once the trio get back to Garrag Mach, they run into Mercedes and find that she was helping in the kitchen the entire previous day. 

The main inspiration behind this support was a ghost hunt or haunted house. I sort of wanted the trio to be dared to go on a ghost hunt and end up fighting in a “maybe magic, maybe mundane” setting. I kept some core ideas of that, and added some stuff in as well. The tone was far more light-hearted in concept than what I ended up writing.

Ashe running after claiming to hold the “ghost” off, and Mercedes leaving after Annette begging her not to leave were 100% intentional. I like that sort of humor at times, and it felt hilariously in-place here. 

Again, I find the action-side of the trio supports and the interaction-side of the supports favoring two distinct characters. I’m still working on how to fix this, but I think some upcoming ones will be easier. 

The battle is a two-fold battle, or a three-fold one, depending on how you want to slice it.. I always find those types of battles fun and challenging; I wish there were more of them in Fire Emblem. Here, the goal is to attack a tower and kill the boss, and then basically defend the tower from zombies until reinforcements stop and you can kill them all. (Not unlike Tiki's Recruitment Paralogue in Fire Emblem Awakening.) So it goes from a “Kill the Boss” mission to a “Survive XYZ Amount of Turns” to a “Kill them all,” with no time to refresh or re-forge items in-between. 

If Ashe’s bow isn’t a legendary weapon, it will automatically turn into a Sanctified Bow, which will turn into Yewfelle upon completion of the mission. The Sanctified Bow and Yewfelle are the exact same in everything but name. 

The story Mercedes was telling was a tragic version of Edain and Jamke’s love story. It was a little gorier than originally planned, but I think it would still be fine in-game. In this version, Jamke goes crazy and uses Yewfelle to kill townspeople, who are then resurrected as zombies. That’s been combined with the idea that the spirits of those killed at Belhalla, seeking revenge. Clearly, the details are all over the place, but that’s what happens when stories of events are spread out over time and combined with other tales. But still, there are nuggets of truth within these stories - they come from somewhere after all. 

Ultimately, the truest version is that this place did suffer a tragedy of sorts, but it’s also directly connected to the Divine Dragon who gave Ulir his Holy Blood in jugdral. Here, I named that Divine Dragon Yewfelle, so the bow is named after her. She also may or may not be dead. Divine Dragons are weird creatures, after all. (If Sothis was there, she’d definitely say something.) 

This also inspired me to bring back the Deadlords for another Trio Support, but we’ll see how that goes. I have a couple of ideas on how that can be implemented, but not all of them are to my liking...

Soleil/Sylvain 

Spoiler

Recommended Song: “Latch” by Disclosure or "Kinda Love" by Elle Varner

C-Support: 

Spoiler

Maiden: ...and then I told him that he could eat a fist!

Soleil: You didn’t!

Maiden: I did! It served that jerk right. One of his friends came up to apologize, but I already took care of the issue by then. 

Soleil: Ugh, well, that jerk got what was coming to him. 

Maiden: And good riddance. It will be too soon if I ever have to-

*Sylvain enters*

Sylvain: Hey Soleil, sorry to cut your little outing short, but the professor needs...is that you Sara? Wow, you look radiant!

Maiden: It’s Sarai. Not that I’d expect you to remember. 

Sylvain: I’m sorry, I really am bad with names. But I’d never forget your face, or your warmth…

Soleil: Sarai, is this the jerk?

Maiden: Yes, he is. And you two know each other?

Sylvain: Oh don’t be like that Solie! Me and Soleil go way back. 

Maiden: Solie? You’re friends? Oh, this was some elaborate joke on me, wasn’t it? 

Soleil: What? No!

Maiden: First Sylvain, then you...I’m just like a rag to, that’s it isn’t it? Something to use and throw away at your leisure!

Soleil: Sarai, please…

Maiden: No, you get away from me. I’m done with you monastery types. Just because you’re noble doesn’t mean you’re better!

*Maiden leaves*

Soleil: Way to go Sylvain. 

Sylvain: What? It’s not my fault she dislikes nobles. Besides, what were you doing chasing after her?

Soleil: I saw a beautiful heartbroken maiden, and I stepped in to help her heal. If I had known it was you who broke her heart…

Sylvain: You wouldn’t have changed a thing. That’s not who you are. 

Soleil: No, it’s not. 

Sylvain: And there are plenty more fish in the sea.

Soleil: So long as they don’t all have a Sylvain-shaped bite out of them, I think I’ll be fine. I don’t want you haunting me like some sort of ghost. That’s not romantic at all...still, that comment about nobility hurt…

Sylvain: But-

Soleil: *sighs* You came here for a reason, let’s go find out what the Professor needs. 

C+ Support

Spoiler

Sylvain: Hey Soleil, I wanted to let you know that I am really sorry about the other day.

Soleil: What, with Sarai? Don’t worry, I’m over it. 

Soleil: *winking* In fact, I have a date with a wonderful cleric lined up tonight, and an afternoon stroll with a cute page the next day. 

Sylvain: Guys too, huh.

Soleil: What, you thought I was only into girls?

Sylvain: Sort of. Growing up, you were always into cute things. You had to make sure our shoes were all arranged by color, and that our clothes didn’t have mud on them, and that our teacups were all nice and pink…

Soleil: Oh, please stop reminding me…

Sylvain: And Prince Dimitri! You were convinced that Prince Dimitri was the cutest thing in the world! It was such a shock when you wanted to learn how to flirt. Wait, was it because you had a crush on Dimitri and were too shy to tell him?

Soleil: *blushing* Sylvain! If you keep up this walk down memory lane, I’m going to have to start calling you Silly Sylie again...

Sylvain: Hehehe, sorry, I just couldn’t resist.

Sylvain: But the other day, you seem offended about how Sarai lumped us in the same category as nobles. It wasn’t the flirting or the association that bothered you, but the fact that she claimed we’re both nobles.

Soleil: …

Sylvain: Soleil, we’re both nobles, so what’s the problem?

Soleil: Sylvain, you are a noble. I was a noble. That’s the difference. You got to live your life in a fancy castle with servants and attendants and training. I lived my life travelling from place to place, begging for scraps. It wasn’t until I joined a mercenary group that Saul and I had a roof over our heads. 

Sylvain: Look, I may not have had as hard a life as you have - 

Soleil: No, you haven’t, so don’t try to compare your problems with mine. As bad as Miklan was, at least you knew him. 

Soleil: You have a Crest. You have a future. You have parents who are still alive and present. Why don’t you complain to them about your luck in life?

*Soleil leaves*

Sylvain: ...man, that could have gone better…

B-Support

Spoiler

Sylvain: Hey Soleil

Soleil: Oh, what’s up Sylvain?

Sylvain: I just wanted to apologize for my questioning the other day. It was rude and it wasn’t fair to you. 

Soleil: Oh that? It’s fine. Water under the bridge! 

Sylvain: That’s good, because you’re going to need your high spirits for what comes next.

Sylvain: I was thinking we could play a little game. 

Soleil: Oh?

Sylvain: Oh indeed. Whoever can get the most names and date propositions by the end of a week will be the winner. 

Soleil: A week? Are you sure that’s enough time?

Sylvain: *winking* Oh, don’t worry about me. I’ll do fine.

Soleil: Oh, my sweet summer child...you’re on! 

B+ Support

Spoiler

Soleil: Seventy-two, Seventy-three, and that lovely couple at the end makes it seventy-five! I guess I win!

Sylvain: I...seventy...five...how!?

Soleil: Oh, Silly Sylie, it was easy! It just so happens that a few of your targets may have found out about each other; I, being the kind-hearted girl I am, was the perfect friend to vent to. And some of them were curious about a little more than just that. So yes, seventy-five. 

Sylvain: Wow. I bow to your skills. 

Soleil: Thank you, thank you. It turns out that being a mercenary brings a level of adventure and worldliness to these lovely ladies. 

Sylvain: I don’t doubt it. Being able to travel the world, meet new people, and experience different ways of life...I’m sure it’s far more intriguing to those women at the moment. It’s like all the adventure they’ll never get without any of the dangers of adventuring. 

Soleil: Sylvain…

Sylvain: Sorry, sorry...still…

Sylvain: Hey, wait-a-minute...how did my dates find out about each other?

Soleil: Was that the evening bell? I have a date tonight! I’m sorry Sylvain, I have to go!

Sylvain: That little...well...it’s good to see her smile again. Never lose that cheer Soleil…

A-Support

Spoiler

Soleil: Say Sylvain...

Sylvain: What’s up?

Soleil: How come you never flirted with me?

Sylvain: ...is this a trick question? Because it feels like a trick question.

Soleil: No tricks, I’m just curious. I’ve seen you flirt with nearly every woman under the sun. You’ve flirted with Hilda, Dorothea, Archbishop Rhea.

Sylvain: Please don’t remind me. Seteth stalked me for a week.

Soleil: Flayn. (If Sylvain has at least a C-Support with Flayn.)

Sylvain: And then Seteth stalked me for a month…(If Sylvain has at least a C-Support with Flayn.) 

Soleil: Ingrid, Ingrid’s mother, Ingrid’s grandmother…

Sylvain: Beautiful women, all of them. 

Soleil: Even the Professor! (Only if Byleth is female.)

Sylvain: What can I say? I love strong women.

Soleil: My point is that you’ve flirted with every woman you’ve met. Except me. And don’t give me that “It’s because I don’t see you as a woman because I’ve known you for too long” excuse. You flirt with Ingrid all the time. Or the “you’re not my type” excuse, because we both know that’s a lie. And don’t you dare say that it’s because I’m not pretty enough.

Sylvain: I would never!

Soleil: I know. I’ve seen who you flirt with. 

Sylvain: Ouch!

Sylvain: Well, the truth is...it’s your father. 

Soleil: My father? Really, that’s what you’re going with?

Sylvain: It’s true! 

Soleil: Sylvain he taught you how to flirt. He taught us both how to flirt. Why would you be afraid of him?

Sylvain: I don’t want this to come out the wrong way, but...well, here, let me try it this way. 

Sylvain: Remember the time we were practicing our lines as kids, and it started storming, so we went inside and practiced on the maids?

Soleil: How can I forget? Maid Sonia’s laugh made my heart beat faster than ever before. 

Sylvain: Do you remember what happened after that?

Soleil: I remember turning around and seeing you. You tried to stumble something out before running away back to the room you were staying in. You didn’t come out until dinner. 

Sylvain: Exactly. 

Soleil: So that’s why? Because you failed once?

Sylvain: ...I was sure of my line when I was about to say it to you. But behind you, I saw your father. We just happened to lock eyes, and I saw an expression on his face I’ve never seen before. I’ve only seen it a couple of times since...in the eyes of the fathers of the girls I’ve wooed. 

Soleil: ...oh.

Sylvain: Every time I think about flirting with you, I swear I see your father’s face, glaring at me from the corner of my eye. And if I think of you at night, I swear his face is right there!

Soleil: That’s a little too much detail, but I think I see the point. 

Sylvain: Right. Does that help explain things?

Soleil: It does. Knowing my father is watching out for me, even after he passed...thank you Sylvain, well and truly. Thank you.

A+ Support

Spoiler

Sylvain: Hey Soleil, what are you doing here?

Soleil: I had heard of a festival, same as you. Did you come with a lucky lady?

Sylvain: Nope. I had a few offers, but none of them felt right. 

Soleil: Uh-huh.

Sylvain: You doubt me?

Soleil: I think you were turned down at every corner. 

Sylvain: Ouch! Well, think what you want. What are you doing here?

Soleil: I’m working security. I figured since things are rough, festivals like these need a little more protection to make sure everything goes smoothly. 

Sylvain: And I’m sure a lucky lady or five has already offered up a service to you in return. 

Soleil: All I asked was for them to tell me when the last dance will be. 

Sylvain: No partner?

Soleil: Hey, I never said I would dance. I just wanted to know. 

Sylvain: Still have trouble dancing?

Soleil: ...yeah.

*Maiden enters* 

Maiden: Lady Soleil, the last dance is on. 

Soleil: *winking* Thanks for the warning!

Sylvain: ...come on. 

*Sylvain takes Soleil’s hand*

Soleil: Sylvain, what are you - where are we going?

Sylvain: To the dance area. 

Soleil: *blushing* But I can’t dance!

Sylvain: Then don’t. Just hold me and sway. 

Soleil: I...I..

Sylvain: Move with my rhythm…

Soleil: *blushing* Sylvain, the song’s over…

Sylvain: *blushing* That’s fine. Let’s get going, Soleil. Just a little longer...

Soleil: Is this how you get ladies into your chambers?

Sylvain: Keep this up, and you'll ruin the moment. 

Sylvain: ...there, keeping the rhythm isn’t so bad, is it?

Soleil: *blushing* It’s not...hey, I think I-

Sylvain: Yeow!

Soleil: Sorry! Sorry! 

Soleil: *snrk*

Sylvain: What now?

Soleil: *blushing and laughing* I’m just imagining what my father would be thinking right now. Would he be mad? Oh, I can see the furrowed brow!

*Sylvain looks at a man in the corner. His face is never shown*

*Sylvain looks shocked, but then smiles*

Sylvain: *blushing* Actually, I think he’d be pretty happy…

Paired Ending: 

Spoiler

Soon after the war, Sylvain and Soleil were married, although by all accounts they had taken up residence in each other's quarters long before then. Rumors of the two bringing paramours into their lives and bedrooms. Rumors aside, the lives of the new Margrave Gautier and his wife were happy ones, filled with life, love, and laughter from the two and their many children. 

Author's Notes: 

Spoiler

I’ve had bits and pieces of this support in my head for over half a year now; it feels good to get it out. The support kept refining itself in my head these past few days, so it more or less left out of my head and onto the page. Sylvain and Soleil are too peas in a pod, and my reworking them as childhood friends (Soleil completes the Five-Man Band of herself, Dimitri, Sylvain, Felix, and Ingrid) gave this a heft to it that it might not have otherwise. ...I also may or may not have written this because I really hate Ingrid and Sylvain’s support convo and dynamic. I get it, it’s the whole “Childhood Friends to Lovers” thing, but it never feels like that. Ingrid just has to put up with Sylvain’s nonsense until one day he notices her change. I prefer support convos where the two people falling in love actually inspire each other, or at least don’t annoy each other like Sylvain does to Ingrid. That’s not love, that’s tolerating what you dislike because you’ve grown accustomed to it. 

I did consider changing the Maiden’s name to Sarai after she introduces herself, but that’s a lot of names that start with “s” in a row, and I think not doing so underscores the “skirt chaser” nature (to put it nicely) of both Soleil and Sylvain. 

The paired ending also gives rumors of the pair bringing multiple people into their bedroom. This would totally happen for a time, but I can imagine the two ultimately ending that and being exclusive later on. 

There are echoes of Inigo’s A-Support with his own father (aka Chrom) in Sylvain and Soleil’s B-Support, as well as echoes of Laslow (aka Inigo) and Saizo’s A-support in this couple’s A-Support. 

Soleil’s feelings about her nobility allow for an interesting foil to Constance and Lysithea too. Both Soleil and Constance come from noble lines, but where Constance works to restore her family line, Soleil has no such desires. She’s happy living as a fighter and hero. And while Constance and Soleil’s families had their nobility taken from them, Lysithea’s family is actively giving it up. 

I knew the support chain would end with dancing and have a contest, but the rest wasn’t as planned originally. 

And now, the elephant in the room - Soleil’s sexuality. I’ve always viewed Soleil as bisexual. Her conversations and personality in the original Japanese (if I remember correctly) is based around liking cute things. Girls are cute, ergo she likes girls. But she’s still attracted to guys, it’s just she has to either truly love them or think of them as cute. (She’d be all over K-Pop groups like BTS and whatnot.) So her ending up with Sylvain is more or less on the falling in love side of things than it is the “I think you’re cute so I like you” side.

As I wrote this, I realized a bit of an interesting change in my writing/revising process. The beginning is usually the easiest to start with, but it almost always needs the most revision (assuming nothing needs to be added to the middle). The ending part is the hardest, but it comes out the most complete, since it feels like the events that I’m going to retroactively add in the earlier supports come to a head here. It makes me feel like I understand Sanderson a lot better. 

Anyways, I should probably do a Soleil/Felix support (a dynamic I’m still trying to imagine) as well as Soleil/Ingrid (no idea what that would look like) and Soleil/Dimitri. But I probably won’t. 

• 1 year later...

*Casts Restore*

I finished the Crimson Flower playthrough! I'd started it before but could never beat it. This time I clocked that stupid dragon lady over the head right and good.

also carefully crafted each support so as to best benefit my foolish desire for character ships...

Spoiler
  • Lysithea and Linhardt
  • Ferdinand and Petra
  • Dorothea and Sylvain
  • Caspar and Bernie
  • Ashe and Annette
  • Myself and Edelgard

• 2 weeks later...