Szeth Son Son Vallano, Private Investigator

nonamekill

Lift took a bite out of the giant chicken, this place is truly marvellous, I never seen chickens this big before. “mistress, you should really be paying attention, she’s giving some really important details” said the Wendell, the voidbringer “quiet voidbringer, I’m eating” shushed Lift “excuse me?” the blonde hair lady sitting across from her said bewildered “oh, not you go on,” said Lift, as she took another bit from the giant chicken “well... bla bla, warehouse, blabla”, the lady exposed, it’s probably important, but Lift was enjoying her chicken leg way too much. “Did you... did you get all that?” the blond haired lady asked in irritation. “wa? Oh yeah, you know warehouse... Scaryface, yeah” Lift answered “oh... you didn’t... you know what? here, I’ve written it all down, it has all the information on it, just give this to your boss, and may I remind you to follow the instruction to the letter” Said the blond lady as she placed a piece of paper on the table stared at Lift. “Yeah yeah, got it lady” Lift said as the Lady went out the door Sheesh what a weird lady, thought Lift as she finished her giant chicken leg and absentmindedly wiped her hands on a piece of paper, then tossing the paper in the fireplace. “MISTRESS LIFT” shouted the voidbringer incredulously, “that’s the paper with all the information!” “wha? Oh... crap” said Lift as she realized she just tossed the paper the blonde lady gave her into the fireplace. “Do you at least remember what she told you?” asked Wendell “no” Lift retorted, “did you?” “well no... I was too busy chastising you” answered Wendell “you’re useless voidbringer, well, at least I got the important part, warehouse, bad guy, that’s all Scary Face need to know” said Lift as she started licking her fingers “know what?” said Szeth, as he opened his office, “was that someone in need of assistance just now?” “Yeah, some bad guy in a warehouse, go take care of it” said Lift “That’s all you got?” said Szeth inquisitively “yeah, go take care of it, and go grab me a Survivor burger on your way back” answered Lift Szeth sighed and stepped out the door

“you know, for a legendary assassin you are terrible at sneaking” said sword-Nimi as Szeth crept through the warehouse district. “How so? Sword nimi” asked Szeth “Well you’re wearing all white, I’m no expert but at least when Vasher sneaks, he wears brown” answered Sword nimi “Master Zahel has brown cloak, because he have not washed it in many decades, my cloak is white, because it was all I could afford, “explained Szeth “You could’ve at least got a Kholin uniform, you are a Skybreaker, Skybreakers should not dress like a brigand” Chided another voice, Ghost nimi, the high Spren that bonded to Szeth For once Sword nimi and Ghost nimi agreed on something, they agree on few thing, making fun of Szeth is one of them. “stop, it doesn’t matter, I am a master of stealth it doesn’t matter what I- “ Szeth said as he was cut off by another voice behind him”, “Oi, ‘ho goes there? Szeth turned, and found a Chall size of a man behind him, cracking his muscle in an intimidating fashion. Szeth heard of stories of people in this world with extraordinary strength, seeing the brute before him, Szeth realize the stories did not do them justice.” “oi, you should not be here” the man said “my apologies, I am simply lost” said Szeth “too bad, your in the wrong place at the wrong time friend, now I got to take care you “ said the man and charged “oh boy, it’s destroy evil time” Said sword nimi excitedly “No! This man must stand trial” rebuked Ghost nimi “I agree with Ghost nimi, he may have information on the evil committed here” agreed Szeth “Oh you’re both no fun” said sword nimi deflated Szeth went into a combat stance as Ghost nimi turned into a shard staff in his hands. Ground shook with the brute’s approach. The man certainly had strength, but Szeth have fought countless man like that one. As the man was in mere feets of himself, Szeth dug the staff into the ground and pole vaulted above the brute. The brute stumbled by his momentum, as he stumbled. Szeth swung his shard staff at the man as Ghost nimi coiled around the man’s body like a rope. “oi’ ow did you?” asked the brute in shocks he struggled at the shardforged coil. Szeth sighed a breath of relief; he will have to interrogate this one for information. As he walked towards the brute, he was hit by a dozen coin, some pierced his chest, others lodged in his back, he was knocked down by the impact. “Janus are you alright?”a the figure behind him asked the Hulking man “ye, that guy caught me by surprise thats all.” Answered the brute “it’s ok you oaf, he’s dead now, we’re almost done, let me get this binding off before Lord Ladrian or the cops come”. Said the mysterious figure Szeth smiled, these goons should’ve confirmed their kill, they have no idea what they are dealing with. Stormlight surged at his wounds, covering them up and pushing the coins out of his body. The mysterious figure turned in surprise. “damnation it, your that bloody blood maker aren’t you?” cursed the mysterious figure as he tossed down a coin and flew in the air. Cute trick thought Szeth, it seem the people in this world can fly as well, well too can play that game. Szeth lashed himself to the sky, following the man. The man could indeed fly, but he lacked none of Szeth’s grace and Szeth quickly caught up to the man.
“WHAT? WAYNE CAN’T FLY? WHO ARE YOU?” asked the man in horror “I am Szeth Son son Vallano, Skybreaker of Roshar, yield and I will show you mercy” said Szeth “never!” said the man, as he shot a coin at Szeth. Szeth dodged easily, and with a swift motion he grabbed the man’s arm and gave a full lashing downward onto the ground. The man panicked trying to push himself up, but Szeth’s lashing was too strong and he slammed feet down onto the floor. The man yelped in pain and collapsed. He will live, Szeth thought, but he probably have to mend his bones for years.
“what’s going on here?” said two man who showed up out of the warehouse as Szeth descended. Curiously, Szeth looked at his new foe. One is covered in a colourful flowing dress, another is... is, what could only be described as a small Chasm fiend. The chasm fiend, surprisingly, opened his mandibles and spoke. “Storms! It’s the assassin in white!” “We can take him, I got 1000 breathe on me,” said the fancy dressed man and raised his hands Immediately the ribbons on his dress raised up like a kraken and twisted itself Szeth. Szeth struggled helplessly. “ha see he ain’t so tough” gloated the man turning to his companion, “finish him.” The Chasmfiend charged, Szeth struggled in panic, then noticed one of the cloth was twisted around nightblood’s sheath. Szeth wiggled is body and managed to pulled out nightblood by a little. Dark smoke poured out of Nightblood’s sheath and began eating away at the cloth. “Wha? What’s happening” the man cried in surprise as nightblood began devouring the man’s clothing. “no you fool!” the chasm fiend said, as it turned in horror, “I’m not dying here!”. The chasm fiend began digging at the earth and in a moment was gone. Smoke ran up the cloth the man flailed in horror. In but a few brief moment, the smoke came upon him. Szeth, quickly grabbed the sheath and placed the sword back in his scabbard. “thank you sword nimi” thanked Szeth, “oh that taste, so nostalgic, so much flavour, not bland like stormlight” reminisced nightblood “Colours, my breaths! That cost me a fortune you bastard!” Complained the man, as Szeth decked him, knocking him out. Now that the guards were dealt with, Szeth entered the warehouse. To his surprise, Szeth found a warehouse full of guns, explosives and other weaponry. What is all this? he thought. “You! Stop! Don’t hurt me” cried a young woman with the look of horror “are you behind this?” Szeth asked “No... I think I was kidnapped by them and is held hostage here” said the girl Strange, Szeth thought, she’s held hostage but is not tied up. “Is she telling the truth Ghost nimi?” Asked Szeth “she does not appear to be lying” answered Ghost nimi. "Well, you're free now, go back to your family," said Szeth

“can we hurry this up?” said Lord Waxilliam Ladrian impatiently, to Wayne as Wayne put up a bowler hat and a fake mustache “Why what’s up?” asked Wayne “I told Steris, I’d be looking at the proposals tonight” I don’t want to get caught” answered Wax “It’s ok, we’ll be back before she suspects a thing” said Wayne "I have Melaan covering for you" "Yeah but if Steris finds out..." said Wax worried, "its ok these are warehouse goons, we take care of them and be back before dinner" assured Wayne “Quicker than that it seems...” said Wax as they turned the corner of the warehouse and found police swarming the place. “That is all, your honourable ladyship” said a strange figure dressed in white, talking to Marasi “you took down a coinshot, a pewterarm and a... er clothbender all by yourself?” asked Marasi incredulously “yes, it was quite easy actually” said the figure in white “Hey Marasi, what’s going on here?” asked Wax “Lord Ladrian,” said Marasi in surprise “your tip with the warehouse was spot on, this man apprehended the criminal!” “wait what? I was about to... who...?” stammered Wax “Lord Ladrian!” suddenly a voice shouted behind him. It was Steris, in more anger that he ever seen her. “I knew you would be here! Oh do the proposal you said, you don’t want to be disturbed you said!” “But Steris, its for the greater-“stammered Wax “Oh don’t greater good me, I just want 1 night where you just do your real job, you know how important that proposal is?” lectured Steris angrily “and you!” Steris turned to Szeth in anger. “ I told you to just watch the warehouse,” “wait I can explain” Szeth stammered, “it was because-“ “no excuses, I even wrote it down!, oh you were suppose to kept watch and report everything back so Wax could rest for a night! Oh you could’ve been killed, and it would’ve been all my fault!” Steris said in almost hysterics “I errr, wow, I’m sorry Steris” Wax said touched by both thoughtfulness and shame “oh I suppose, everything worked out, it was good work I guess. You’ll get your payment tomorrow, from Wax’s allowance” Steris said starring dagger at Wax “er, yes, err of course, good work Mr... “ Wax said extending his hand “Szeth, son son Vallano your lordship” Szeth said and he shook Wax’s hands That... is a strange name, I wonder if he's from south Scadrial, I'd have to know more later.

That was close, thought Shai. I was too cocky; I should’ve never done this in Elendel. She sighed a breath of relief as the last memories of what she called “princess in distress” persona faded from her mind. She was glad that she took an extra precaution, cosmere is a big place, you never know when you could run into someone who could squeeze the truth out of you. Weapons smuggling is dangerous business, and she does not want heat on her, or even worse her client. I spent a fortune on those mercenaries, and they were taken down by a single man, she thought. At least she was able to stamp them before she fled. Now all the words coming out the goons’ mouth was that it was all planned by the escaped Kandra, a wild goose chase of course. The eccentric Kandra knows even less about the operation than the goons, and finding a escaped Kandra is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Everything is still proceeding as planned.