Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ammanas

Favorite Authors that Have Dissappeared

12 posts in this topic

Do you have any favorite authors that have dissappeared from social media and you have no idea about the status of the series or writing career? Discuss and console each other here.

For me the one that comes right away to my mind is Marc Turner. He is three books into a planned six book series and his last update on his website and on twitter were from February and March of 2017. I emailed him about a year ago and he very politely said if there was anything to report than he would do so.

Even when Sanderson does something to frustrate me (like writing Magic novellas) I just appreciate the open communication and transparency. 

I imagine I will probably get some Rothfuss mentions if anyone decides to weigh in on this...^_^

I mean, yeah. Rothfuss and Martin would be standard complaints, and I personally think Rothfuss will never complete his trilogy. Ever.

Other than that, I think all my favorite authors are pretty open about how their projects are going, and one even managed to release an excellent sci-fi novel that she promised while also doing a passion project in the form of a Mass Effect tie in novel. Maybe someone else could learn to do that *cough*. damnation this tuberculosis! 

And the author is Catherynne M Valente. The awesome sci-fi book was Space Opera, and you got Google for the rest. 

18 hours ago, TheOrlionThatComesBefore said:

Rothfuss will never complete his trilogy.

He also said it’s a million word prologue. If he doesn’t get it out soon, he’ll be dead before he can write the rest.

A less popular author is Braden Bell/Brandon Gray. He kinda disappeared after publishing his middle grade novel, "The Missing Heir of Mandalray" (Italics have stopped working on my computer for the moment). After that, he posted no writing updates and I wondered where he went. But I did see recently that he's planning on releasing a couple sequels to a couple of his books this year, so I'm looking forward to that!

Every author of an unfinished fanfiction I have ever clicked on.

Every.

Single.

One.

8 hours ago, Kobold King said:

Every.

Single.

One.

Spoiler

186.jpg

11 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:
  Hide contents

186.jpg

Me too, TwiLyghtSansSparkles, me friggen' too.

*Immediately remembers the horrible fanfiction I wrote in middle school*

23 hours ago, Kobold King said:

Every.

Single.

One.

I feel so called out. Rude.

D.M Cornish, author of the Monster Blood Tattoo trilogy (tween lit but sooooo creative). He did publish a book with 2 short stories/novellas (which were not tween lit), and he started 2 other stories on his blog but those trailed off. I know his day job is in graphic design, and I understand that he also teaches at a college now and has a family, but I still wish he'd write more in the MBT universe.

I've totally given up on Rothfuss - sold the books I had to Half Price before they lose all value. Even if he finishes, once I found out that Kvothe is an unreliable narrator and nothing in the books might really have happened ... well, I don't pay attention to fake news in the real world, so why would I want to read that? - especially when I can re-read Oathbringer again?

Also, @Winds Alight - why is your avatar a picture of my cat?;) LOL!!

Edited by Lump-wing

8 hours ago, Lump-wing said:

Also, @Winds Alight - why is your avatar a picture of my cat?;) LOL!!

He's mine and I'm not giving him away :P
5c84da2b16c8c_2018-01-2420_12_19.thumb.jpg.c66b608e8dc057f86107812420884a6c.jpg

Brian Jacques, I've read just about all of the Redwall series except the Rogue Crew which I bought but I couldn't finish, not because it was bad but because I know that once I finish it that's it there's nothing else in the series it's the end.

Edited by Unhinged