Awakening and Shardblade Wounds

Schkereini

Hi guys,

I just had a weird thought and hoped someone here knows an answer. What if someone with access to a Shardblade and a large amount of Breath tried to awaken a body part that was "cut off" by a shardblade? Would it work if you had enough Breath and could you awaken or even create a Lifeless out of it? Share your thoughts and comments and dont hold back if I am an idiot by asking such a thing!

You could probably awaken it, but realmatically it would probably count as a different and inanimate object. Now, if say, someone took a what lase through a lung, you might be able to awaken it with the command, "Breath regularly" and have it artificially sustain the person, but in the long run, without a brain to keep it balanced with the rest of the body, it would probably decay and become a necrotic and mostly useless mass of tissue.

I feel like this has been asked in a WOB, but I cant find it.  Im sure it's been discussed before around here.  I think it would create something like a Lifeless, though there are some specific issues with Breaths and Identity, so it might have restrictions on doing it yourself vs somebody doing it for you.  The easy test would be that if a second cut of a shardblade treats it like meat (the way it does when it kills the entire person) then likely it has become severed enough to receive a Breath of its own.  It also might only work after enough time has passed that Stormlight and/or Regrowth do not work to repair it, after the point were the new cognitive identity has been established. 

1 hour ago, HSuperLee said:

You could probably awaken it, but realmatically it would probably count as a different and inanimate object. Now, if say, someone took a what lase through a lung, you might be able to awaken it with the command, "Breath regularly" and have it artificially sustain the person, but in the long run, without a brain to keep it balanced with the rest of the body, it would probably decay and become a necrotic and mostly useless mass of tissue.

If I recall correctly there was mention in Stormlight that the severed limbs stick around useless but do not actually go necrotic, Im thinking more akin to permanent nerve damage.  They are still attached to the original circulatory system and all that, and at least on the short term it wasnt threatening the bridgeman that lost his legs to Szeth.