The Trader's Union

Ark1002

Ambrosia stood there, her helmet on, standing fifty feet above the ground on a massive drone. Smaller drones swarmed around her in the hundreds, materials leaving and coming, being deposited and taken. She controlled them all with the helmet HUD. She was the Queen Bee, and this was the hive. She watched as Alleyzon workers and people she'd hired took the wooden huts, and made them better. A solid foundation, a roof that wouldn't leak. Before, this had been a bunch of shacks around Hellbent Park. Now, it was turning into a town. She set these drones on automatic, then flew off to the outer rim of the city, were she was having drones lay down a road. Asphalt lines extended where there had been nothing. This was progress. She would also have to give the people of the Alleycity their own resources, so they could rebuild, expand. She flew off to the top of Alleyzon headquarters, dismounting the drone. Assistants ran up, holding clipboards and pens. She waved them all off, except one. "Max, I need you to buy rights to basic survival books, building handbooks, and all the other basic guides. Find reliable ones. If you find them in different dimensions, then take those for free. We're going to mass produce it, and give it to large amounts of people. And get me a conference with reporters. I've been ignoring them too long. The Trader's Union is going to need good press." She stood by the edge, watching the city. "Yes, we're gonna need all the help we can get." Max nodded, and ran off at a sprint. Slowly, a smile spread across her face. At least she had good help. She needed to have Max and Althea over. Both Silas and her got along with them well. She walked down the stairs, to a room with a computer. Finding a proper location, she bought it. It was a four story mansion, survived the bombs. But it was abandoned, and had been looted. She sent construction workers to fix it, renovate it. The Trader's Union now had a headquarters.

@MacThorstenson @Steel Inquisitive @Karnatheon @Darth Woodrack @Dr. Dapper

Could you please break up the opener paragraph? Screens are different than books, so large paragraphs are very difficult to read, because the screen is giving of light. I can't remember the exact reason, but it is very hard to read paragraphs like that on a screen, and it's improper grammar.

Sorry guys I’m going to be inactive in the RP for the next week or two.

Ill still be able to mod, but I won’t have enough time to run plots. 

In terms of general planning I figured that we could start the rebuilding of the city over this next little bit and see where it goes from there.

Side thing, is there any practical reason that Dusk would know where this is, or would he just start having to do humanitarian things until he runs into you?

Dusk sent about 15 dozen lifeless with radiation clearing gear to go through the Alleycity and scrub all the radiation, and another 3 dozen to distribute food an medical supplies to the cleaned areas. He also sent 6 Constructors to the forge, with instructions on how to use them.

Spoiler

An consturctor is a 16 foot long by 14 foot wide 12 ledge walker with a series of tentacles and mandibles on the front. The pick up and move things, lay down rock or metal, and spit a quick drying cement concoction of Dusk's to build things, and increase structural integrity. The can lift up to half a ton, and move at 40 miles an hour when all of their cement is full, and  the aren't carrying anything.

@Ark1002 @xinoehp512

26 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Dusk also started manufacturing hover cars for the city. Road layout problem solved. They just fly over each other. He also wondered whether or not completely reconstructing the city was legal, but he decided he probably had some form of diplomatic immunity as a city administrator.

This reminds me of something, when rebuilding we have to strike a balance so that it’s not too sci-fi. We voted near the end of era 2 to keep sci fi elements out. I think it would be best if we try to stay true to that.

To be clear, I'm not saying this as a moderator.

But we as a community voted to keep science fiction generally out of the RP.

Personally, I think that hovercars are too science fiction. Flying cars as well. For me the line is drawn when we pass present day tech.

But I also think that this is bigger than just us rebuilding, it will affect the entirety of the RP and its feel. We should probably clarify with the rest of the community what level of technology we want the parts of the city to have.

EDIT:

But heres another thing, there's a difference between a magically advance society and a technologically advanced society.

The image you get of a street when I say that its lit by Aons on the tops of polls, and the houses have running water because of Aons is differnet than one where there is a central electrical plant and running water comes from a lake. It provides a different feel, and I think that if we use as much magic as possible in the rebuilding we will be able to capture that magical feel while still creating an advanced society.

Edited by MacThorstenson

Come to the Citadel, were complete acceptance of anything that doesn't break the actual rules is allowed!

45 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Hovercars, too much. Drones, that's something we have now. Flying cars could maybe be pulled off, but hovercars are banned. He's a mod, don't argue.

You know Hover cars and Flying cars are the same thing in this context right? Also, I will argue with anyone with whom I disagree. A leader who will not hear complaints is a dictator, and dictators are not good leaders.

Hovercars would be cool. But are there cars in the alleyverse? Do people know how to drive?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. Especially considering that if we got rid of the streets, any type of path in this area of the city could be constituted to be an alleyway.

As to dwigs point, I also have many ideas for Dor powered inventions that can recreate modern tech. Like a Dor power plant that converts Dor into electricity. 

I think though that this should be broached with the general playerbase. Some people may enjoy playing in a kind of medieval fantasy setting, while others want more modern stuff.

I personally think that it would be cool if there were zones of the city with different styles and tech levels.

Finally, while I definitely agree that mods shouldn't be dictators, please don't argue with us when we are wearing our mod hats and making a ruling based on the Rules of the RP.

Re: Arguing with mods 
Arguing isn't a great word in general, there's a certain implication of aggression and fundamental disagreement. Feel free to provide feedback to any mods if you think some information may have been overlooked while a ruling was being made, but if you just disagree with the result based on preference or belief then it's not likely to be a productive avenue to argue with mods on that.

Re: Technology
Personal preference for me is that huge technological leaps are actually RP'd. That means a character who is an inventor and has appropriate skills, time and resources. Rather than just 'Hey, everyone has hovercars now', especially if we're not in between era's and time skipping. It gets a little Deus Ex Machina if every problem is just immediately resolved by a sudden technological leap with no consequence or expenditure.