Kidpen

I am so glad there is a cycle 0, as it is probably the best time to be mostly inactive.

Like I mentioned in signups, I wont be around for today or probably tomorrow either. After that we bag a robot, and I should be able to get on. (Unless I sleep too late, as I am currently running on 2-4 hours a sleep a night for the past couple weeks)

Edited by Furamirionind
What is time

• Alvron locked this topic
5 hours ago, FatherTiempo said:

So southern Scadrians vote on medallions in the day and vote on who to kill at night.

Northern Scadrians vote on who to lynch in the day and who gets medallions. Then one dies at night.

Is all that correct?

Southern Scadrians are working in a separate doc given to them in their PM. We won't know who they are until we lynch/kill them. And yes, at night they will be selecting their victim. During the day, everyone votes no matter their alignment on someone to lynch.

Since the medallions are specific to this game, I'm not as familiar with how they work. I'll have to read the rules in the initial sign-up post to get a refresher on how those are distributed.

----

5 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

“Of course,” the smooth reply came. “Provided we aren’t attacked, this should be a wonderful opportunity for you all to learn something,” he said meaningfully, eyes probing the room. Aliat hated that about Lerdar; he always seemed to know more than you did, and go out of his way to make that discrepancy painfully clear. He wore a grimace, even as the presenter dismissed those in the group to begin preparing for the meeting with the Southerners. Watch the flanks, indeed. He would be watching the historic meeting that Lerdar would be helping to conduct, and anything else was mere folly. Still shaking his head, he walked towards the camp to don his uniform and to order the constabulary into action. He hoped the rumours about these new technologies were just that, rumours. Or else Elendel itself, and the whole great nation it governed, could be in grave peril. 

RaLeen noticed the constable leave in a somewhat surly mood, so she decided to catch up with him and have a chat. It didn't take her long, for her bones were tall and her stride was long.

"Interesting day, isn't it? New lands and new people. This should be fun."

26 minutes ago, Elandera said:

RaLeen noticed the constable leave in a somewhat surly mood, so she decided to catch up with him and have a chat. It didn't take her long, for her bones were tall and her stride was long.

"Interesting day, isn't it? New lands and new people. This should be fun."

Aliat blinked as the tall woman drew up alongside him. He must have truly been lost in thought if he was walking at a slow enough pace to let people overtake him. He quickly corrected, speeding up, but it seemed the other woman could maintain his new pace, so he continued. “It shall certainly be interesting, ma’am, though only if we avoid the trouble and strife that invariably comes with new contacts and associations.” Being a businessman who directly worked with the constabulary had reinforced that lesson thoroughly enough. “Nevertheless, you are correct that the opportunity to make contact with a previously unknown race should prove most curious and exciting. While relations shouldn’t get out of hand, it is still best to prepare for the worst, though, which is why Lerdar is being so stringent with the constabulary. Ah, here they are.”

Wiping the slightly sour look that had reappeared after his thoughts about Lerdar off his face, Aliat faced the chief constable who had come out of the impromptu headquarters the officers had set up. His hand brushed his gun, but upon seeing Aliat he broke into a grin and quickly removed it, instead thrusting it out and shaking hands with Aliat. “How are you, how are you?” he murmured, disengaging and attempting to usher Aliat and his companion inside. Aliat waved him off, though, and got to the point. “Has anybody received instructions from Lerdar yet about the meeting tomorrow?”

The chief frowned. “No, why?”

“He needs two squads of constables to watch his back while we meet them, apparently. Doesn’t want to risk going into the base, so they’re meeting at a landing strip for some floating device they’ve supposedly built.”

“Two whole squads?” he spluttered. 

“I know,” Aliat grimaced curtly. That expression was becoming too easy these days. “But we can’t really defy him. He’s been outside the chain of command for as long as I’ve worked with him.”

“So have you,” the chief replied with a smile. “But you’re obviously different. Well, I’ll have to go tell the men. Thanks, I guess?”

“You're quite welcome,” Aliat said drily, and raised a hand in farewell. A slight smile broke across his face as he watched the man retreat into the small buildings. Some people, at least, could be counted on to never change.

Noticing his absentmindedness, he quickly turned to the woman who had been walking with him, and had remained silent for most of the encounter. “I realised that you never gave me your name,” he said. “Who are you, and how did you come to be tangled in this mess?”

@Elandera

41 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Since the medallions are specific to this game, I'm not as familiar with how they work. I'll have to read the rules in the initial sign-up post to get a refresher on how those are distributed.

The Southern Scadrians decide who starts out with medallions, but after that the medallions pass to random players every cycle. If a player with a medallion dies, the medallion(s) are removed from the game.

Pyrhine shivered in the frosty wind as he appraised the Northern delegation. He had never seen so many unmasked faces. These foreigners lacked even the most rudimentary of covering needed to keep out the cold, Perhaps their Northern climate was sufficiently cold so as to make even the mountainous chill bearable. If so, he wouldn't want to venture any farther north than this. It had been treated as a great honour for a lowly Fallen to be chosen to accompany Ambassador Dallek in meeting the Northern barbarians, and Pyrhine was of course grateful for the opportunity to rise through the ranks of Fallen, but surely the meeting could have taken place someplace warmer, or at least the Malwish could have procured more brass medallions. If he had to stand out in this weather for too much longer, he would be useless as an observer.

2 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Noticing his absentmindedness, he quickly turned to the woman who had been walking with him, and had remained silent for most of the encounter. “I realised that you never gave me your name,” he said. “Who are you, and how did you come to be tangled in this mess?”

"RaLeen, sir." At this she, she held out her hand for a greeting. "I've been sent as an emissary of sorts. You looked like you knew what was happening, so I tagged along. What's your name?"

@Fifth Scholar

(My phone is at 1% so write up tomorrow)

The day will end in 48 hours at 10 PM MST, February 20th.

Player list:

Spoiler

1. Eternum

2. Droughtbringer/Kalin

3. Lumgol/Marwyn Hariel

4. Elandera

5. Rathmaskal 

6. I think I am here/the Masked Itiah

7. Ark1002

8. Steeldancer/me

9. Cadmium Compounder/Dee Dadean

10. xinoehp512/Ladem

11. Furamirionind

12. shanerockes/Timmy

13. Devotary of Spontaneity/Pyrhine

14. FatherTiempo/Khalder

15. Roadwalker/the Esteemed Dietrich Drake

16. Snipexe/Snip 

17. ElendVenture/Damon 

18. Fifth Scholar

The sun rose, touching the horizon with its red glow.  The air was crisp and cool. Khaldar rose and yawned. It was a good day. It was cold now but the sun would come warming his old bones. Khaldar stretched in the morning fog. Today would be good, people would pleasant and cheery good for a few boxings. The sunlight spread into the darkened alleyway. Khaldar soaked in the warmth. Yes it was going to be a good day.

How many Southern Scadrians are there in total, or is that unknown?

@FatherTiempo

As a general rule, don't double-post. You can edit your original post if you need to add more information.

But no, we won't know how many Southern Scadrians there are. We can guess, though, based on previous games with around this number of players and/or game specific details.

Edit. Hey, Fura. I know someone on a FRC team. #2059.

Edited by xinoehp512

For South Scadrian numbers, maybe three or four? I haven’t really looked at other games though so I’m not sure how many elims have been in other games with the same amount of players.

So, I need to look at the medallion roles again, to see what we can use to find elims. We can PM in this game, right?

Dee dadean didnt dare delegate his duties. Last time his predecessor delegated duties, it undermined and destroyed his group's determinations, and the world changed. 

Dee decided to declare diligently his desire to do good.

"There are dangerous individuals doing dirty deeds among us!" Dee declared. "I desire to determine who they are, and dismiss them from Elendel, and the surrounding demographic area, and the world if needed. In order to accommodate and aid those who will decide to do the good thing, I have decided to distribute knowledge of that which is in my custody. I have derived from my dad, and his dad before him, dos medallions(pardon my Spanish - thats two medallions), one contrived from nicrosil, the other from aluminum."

Dee finished delivering his dispatch, and, deftly, returned to his delegated davenport

---

Just checking in. I'm going to try to come back later and do a medallion analysis, as I believe it is more likely that some medallions would have been kept among the eliminator for the purposes of using D1 before anything happens to them 

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

Khaldar shook his head at Dee. The man could insert the letter 'd' more times in his sentences than most in their day, but that part about the medals was interesting. He too bad medallions but not from his 'dad'. A stranger had given him two medals, the same he clutched to his chest now. Khaldar started shuffling out of the alley as down the street. Perhaps he wasn't the only one to have received Allomantic medallions. Dee probably just put that part in there so he could say 'dad' more times than was absolutely necessary. But if there were dangerous men on the streets, then perhaps it would be better to stay in the light for now.

--- 

I see a few people referencing Allomantic metals with notation like F1 or D1. What does that mean?

Edited by FatherTiempo

There is a day lynch. In the event of a tie, one player will be lynched at random. Only one person is required for a lynch to happen.

This is worrying. We should be on our guards for a possible elim hammer, which seems likely if we don't have a solid lynch, or an agreed no-lynch.

3 hours ago, FatherTiempo said:

In other games it averages to about 20% of the characters are eliminators.

The two rules I have seen are the 1/5th rule (or the 20% you stated) or the Square root rule. 

We have 18 players, which is 3.6 for the 1/5th rule, or 4.242 for the Square Root rule, so I'd place my guess at Four elims.

9 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

EDIT: Anyone want to do a role/medallion call? This would be the cycle to do that.

This doesn't feel like a great idea to me, if the Eliminators get a feel for where Medallions are, they could specifically target Medallions that they want to destroy and get them out of the Village hands.

9 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

The two rules I have seen are the 1/5th rule (or the 20% you stated) or the Square root rule. 

We have 18 players, which is 3.6 for the 1/5th rule, or 4.242 for the Square Root rule, so I'd place my guess at Four elims.

This doesn't feel like a great idea to me, if the Eliminators get a feel for where Medallions are, they could specifically target Medallions that they want to destroy and get them out of the Village hands.

Granted, the elims did hand out (or chose not to hand out) some medallions, so they might already have some idea of how things are distributed. Which, honestly, is kind of a weird mechanic, but I guess makes sense when medallions are being passed around every cycle.