Kidpen

I am so sorry.  I normally have low activity on weekends, but this weekend is my competition, so I will be gone the entire time.  Afterwards I will have school to catch up on... Then I will be back in full.  (I expected me to die before my first competition... Apparently this was not the case.)

Ark

edit: I had  Iron, Tin, Copper, Bronze, and Zinc.  However I was chromiumed...

Edited by Furamirionind

So we have a few possibilities here: either Ark or Fura is lying about being targeted with chromium or we had a duralumin armed leecher having fun with their abilities. The choice of Fura and Ark in the last scenario is interesting; I don't believe there's anyone who suspects both particularly much. Is anybody willing to claim they had the duralumin or chromium medallions last cycle?

The group sitting on that Airship was beginning to feel the pressure. Many more Aristocrats than Southerners had died. However, surely there was still a bit of time, right? There was no need for a panic yet. 

They didn't know how wrong they were.

Ark1002 has died! He was a Northern Aristocrat.

Vote Count:

Ark(5): Steel, Itiah, xino, Devotary, Fura.

The Night will end at 7 AM MST (or maybe PST?) on March 11th.

Spoiler

1. Mailliw73-Northern Aristocrat.

2. Droughtbringer/Kalin

3. Lumgol/Marwyn Hariel-Northern Aristocrat

4. Elandera-Northern Aristocrat

5. Rathmaskal -Northern Aristocrat

6. I think I am here/the Masked Itiah

7. Ark1002-Northern Aristocrat

8. Steeldancer/me

9. Cadmium Compounder/Dee Dadean-Northern Aristocrat 

10. xinoehp512/Ladem

11. Furamirionind

12. shanerockes/Timmy-Northern Aristocrat

13. Devotary of Spontaneity/Pyrhine

14. FatherTiempo/Khalder

15. Roadwalker/the Esteemed Dietrich Drake-Southern Scadrian

16. Snipexe/Snip 

17. ElendVenture/Damon-Northern Aristocrat

18. Fifth Scholar-Northern Aristocrat

I am active! *power ranger theme plays*

What are our counts for elims again? Was it three or four starting out? Which means that there’s two or three left. Which means no lylo!

So woohoo, we at least get some more cycles before anything gets game-endings dangerous. Unfortunately, it was my inactivity near the end of last Day which caused my vote to stay on Ark despite him posting, it won’t happen again.

Edit: and some RP:

The Masked Itiah was happy. He waited in the airship, and he grinned, as medallions were passed, and people were killed, and the Northerners were killed.

And the Masked Itiah finally put on his mask. And he grinned, for this was the end. And the South would rule.

Edited by I think I am here.

Devotary of Spontaneity has died! He was a Northern Aristocrat! The Southern Scadrians outnumber the Northern Aristocrats, and have therefore won! 

Elim doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PDWSdVieKhk0QRlcb_gXSyeU70nvcPWlluW15DCSkmA/edit?usp=drivesdk

Spec/Dead doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_Qwe7cPZClS31UsP3cmDIl9Xgdr6KtLXiEcQcABqvx8/edit?usp=drivesdk

Master spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17-SKmam3Vs0cmbFLnmP98QUa7ZCVW6ewfRvOlbCUIvY/edit?usp=drivesdk (fair warning, this one is super messy. I'll fix it up later.)

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Mailliw73-Northern Aristocrat.

2. Droughtbringer/Kalin-Southern Scadrian 

3. Lumgol/Marwyn Hariel-Northern Aristocrat

4. Elandera-Northern Aristocrat

5. Rathmaskal -Northern Aristocrat

6. I think I am here/the Masked Itiah-Southern Scadrian

7. Ark1002-Northern Aristocrat

8. Steeldancer/me-Southern Scadrian

9. Cadmium Compounder/Dee Dadean-Northern Aristocrat 

10. xinoehp512/Ladem-Northern Aristocrat

11. Furamirionind-Northern Aristocrat 

12. shanerockes/Timmy-Northern Aristocrat

13. Devotary of Spontaneity/Pyrhine-Northeen Aristocrat 

14. FatherTiempo/Khalder-Northern Aristocrat 

15. Roadwalker/the Esteemed Dietrich Drake-Southern Scadrian

16. Snipexe/Snip-Southern Scadrian 

17. ElendVenture/Damon-Northern Aristocrat

18. Fifth Scholar-Northern Aristocrat

I'll post my thoughts later. 

Edited by Kidpen

Ouch... My current suspicions were Devotary, Snipexe, Drought, and Steel in that Order.

I was so convinced Itiah was village as Roadwalker seemed to try to inadvertently lynch him... I suppose that was truly inadvertent? Lol.

Well, even if the number of elims was a bit many, I think the elims won already anyway.  The elims played very well, and while Dev, Maill and I got a bit suspicious of some of them, we would have needed to lynch all of them in a row, and Devotary was my highest suspicion... So I likely would have turned on her first and doomed the village anyway. Perhaps if there were only three we would have had a chance during this day turn, especially as Devotary was targeted with the kill, but even then I am quite unsure.

I apologize for my inactivity over these past crucial days... I was in the middle of my robotics event... However on the upside, my team did win the event. : )  (Our first ever competition win).  If any of you are interested (especially the people with FIRST experience,) this is my team's result page: https://www.thebluealliance.com/team/3574

I am at work right now, but will read through the elim and spec doc later today/tomorrow.  I typically say something again after reading those. : )

And Thank you to Kidpen, for running a fun game with new mechanics.  I think they were a bit confusing to figure out how to use effectively at first, but if this game was run again, I know I could do a much better job at it. : )

Edited by Furamirionind

Thanks to Kidpen for running the game! I loved the passing medallion mechanic! I think it gave everyone a chance to have a fun ability at least once in the game. Though I realize that was also a ton of work on the GM, especially without a co-GM. Great job! Despite the hiccups, it still worked out well in the end.

I think there were a few under-utilized ones, such as cadmium. I think a longer time would be helpful for making that more used and a little more dangerous to hammer with. In general, it's definitely something I'd like to see more of in future games.

Congratulations to the elim team. I will say, however, the general level of activity among the elims did make it a bit more difficult to find them. But life happens. :P It was still a great game!

Thanks Kidpen for the fun game! Thanks to Eternum for having me step in, I had fun! 

Bravo to the southern Scadrians. I almost had you. But your constant steeling me and drought’s pewter cinched it for you. ;) I really should’ve gone after Steel, since I was positive on him, before I tried to figure out the Drought/devotary thing... thought we’d have another cycle but then none of us really suspected 5 elims. 

How did that whole Ark thing start up? I’m still confused by that. I never did understand why everyone wanted to lynch him. 

14 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

How did that whole Ark thing start up? I’m still confused by that. I never did understand why everyone wanted to lynch him

If I remember correctly, he was saved by some pretty suspicious vote manipulation. 2 riots and 1 soothe I think. As no one came forward about the manipulation, I think it was figured it was caused by the elims.

5 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

If I remember correctly, he was saved by some pretty suspicious vote manipulation. 2 riots and 1 soothe I think. As no one came forward about the manipulation, I think it was figured it was caused by the elims.

That was a weird situation. Shane actually did it, killing himself.

I did ramble some post game thoughts in the elim doc, but I'll reiterate them here. 
First off, I really do feel terrible about being inactive, the combination of school and running a fairly intense QF at the same time as this game really hurt my activity. 
Second, what a fascinating mechanic. The medallions being passed around was really interesting, so you never quite knew what you were dealing with. The medallions might need a bit of tweaking for future reruns, but it was an original and interesting idea. 
Having 5 elims was indeed a bit OP, as I said. I also regretted asking for the kill on Mailliw, as it totally slaughtered village discussion. Having inactive players made the ending a bit easier than it really should have been. Inactivity kind of plagued this game a bit, and yeah, I guess it is kind of life. 
Despite that, thanks for running this game! A most interesting way of using medallions in an SE game. Hope it gets used again in the future. 

Congrats to the Elims. Even though I died N1, it was fun getting continually confused in the spec doc. :P I have legitimately no idea which posts of mine prompted @Snipexe to say I was “nailing a lot of guesses,” but a quick purview of the spec doc should disabuse you of that notion. :P 

Also, thanks to Devotary and Maill for sticking it through and remaining active villagers to the end in a game which was somewhat plagued by inactivity. Even if I wasn’t performing my own analysis towards the end, it was fun watching you two nearly get the village back together. 

1 minute ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Congrats to the Elims. Even though I died N1, it was fun getting continually confused in the spec doc. :P I have legitimately no idea which posts of mine prompted @Snipexe to say I was “nailing a lot of guesses,” but a quick purview of the spec doc should disabuse you of that notion. :P 

Also, thanks to Devotary and Maill for sticking it through and remaining active villagers to the end in a game which was somewhat plagued by inactivity. Even if I wasn’t performing my own analysis towards the end, it was fun watching you two nearly get the village back together. 

I was mostly still in my thinking state from last game, and you shredded the us then.

Alright, finally getting around to posting my thoughts.

First of all, congrats to the elims! Although they may have had an advantage with how many of them there were, I think they played very well.

I think that this was generally a good concept for a game, although the execution definitely could've been better if I'd been more experienced. I'll probably rerun this sometime down the line, but definitely not for a while.

On the subject of specific medallions that could've been different, I don't think 5 minutes was long enough for cadmium. I think it could've hypothetically affected the game significantly, but first of all you can't see how much it will until very very late in the cycle, and second of all it barely affected anything. Maximum would've been 30 minutes, and I don't think that's a realistic time frame for changing things significantly very often, especially since there might not necessarily be 6 of them at any given moment and they might not all be used. Other than that I don't think there were any very significant changes I would have made, other than handling iron differently than I did in practice during rollover (I basically just gave everyone medallions normally and then would have moved one if they ended up with none, which didn't really fit with what it probably should've been.)

On a more specific note, I was not a particularly good GM this game. I pretty consistently was getting rollover up very late. I will say in my defense that this was a pretty hard game to run (not that I have any frame of reference for that statement), but that's not really an excuse, considering I didn't even try to find a co-GM. Plus there's the fact that I made a very significant amount of mistakes. I don't think any of them were too bad, but in total they definitely weren't good. I think I should be better about keeping my spreadsheet clean and being more careful in the future.

Also of course there's the fact that at the very beginning I decided to go with 5 elims instead of 4 for no good reason.

Honestly, this was very stressful, but also incredibly fun. Thanks to all of you for being wonderful and supportive about the many issues I had throughout the game. I look forward to running more games but only because I'm a masochist.

• 2 months later...

Well folks, it's time to close up yet another wonderful game.  Many thanks to Kidpen for GMing. The mechanic of having the eliminators hand out the medallions was very interesting and I would love to see something like that happen in another game.  While this game did have some minor balance issues, I feel it was a very successful run for a new GM.  I look forward to seeing what you will run next Kidpen.

Congratulations to the Southern Scadrians, (Drought, Itiah, Road, Steel and Snip) you all did a wonderful job of misleading the Notherners.

A hearty cheer to both Devotary and Maill for almost rallying the village back into the fight that was plagued with inactivity.

If anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get a hold of Wilson, Orlok, Fifth or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!  If you would rather keep some detail secret or are self conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be, while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Elbereth, Amanuensis, Aonar Faileas, A Joe in the Bush, and Stink) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: