Kidpen

6 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Interesting. Well, not sure if Eternum shared this before, but he started with a bendalloy and then the next day had a tin and two bendalloy. He never used any of those abilities. 

Eternum claimed to have two bendalloy medallions at some point, but if you're claiming that he had them on D2, that conflicts with @Roadwalker's claim that the only people with bendalloy medallions on D2 were FatherTiempo, shane, and Fura. Since Roadwalker did this scan at night, he would have seen who began D2 with bendalloy, and Eternum's name was not on that list.

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity
Tagging Roadwalker

10 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Eternum claimed to have two bendalloy medallions at some point, but if you're claiming that he had them on D2, that conflicts with @Roadwalker's claim that the only people with bendalloy medallions on D2 were FatherTiempo, shane, and Fura. Since Roadwalker did this scan at night, he would have seen who began D2 with bendalloy, and Eternum's name was not on that list.

I just checked to be sure and yep. I stated it right. D1: 1 Bendalloy D2: 2 Bendalloy, 1 Tin. 

I’m interested to hear from Roadwalker too. I’m not sure why he’d have lied about it, but it’s a strange discrepancy. 

5 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

I’m interested to hear from Roadwalker too.

It's odd because Roadwalker clearly did scan bendalloy; both shane and Fura confirmed that they had bendalloy D2. @FatherTiempo, did you have bendalloy during cycle 2? If so, that would mean all three players Roadwalker identified as having bendalloy possessed some, which would make it even more peculiar that Eternum was omitted from the list.

7 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

It's odd because Roadwalker clearly did scan bendalloy; both shane and Fura confirmed that they had bendalloy D2. @FatherTiempo, did you have bendalloy during cycle 2? If so, that would mean all three players Roadwalker identified as having bendalloy possessed some, which would make it even more peculiar that Eternum was omitted from the list.

I went back through Eternum's posts, and found he had claimed 2 bendalloy after that.

Apparently we missed this discrepancy before. @Roadwalker, any reason Eternum wasn't included in the list?

6 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

This tends to not go the best, you need to being tons of attention to people's Profile Pages, and it rarely will narrow your search down enough to be worth it.

Definitely can be useful, but it takes a concentrated amount of time. I’ve used it before, but mostly to figure out who was PMing who(to narrow down PM abilities). Trying to use that to analyze who could’ve put in the night kill isn’t as useful because most players are at least on at some point during the 24 hour period. 

I'm running out of time that I'll actually be online this cycle. At this point, I'm less comfortable with a Devotary lynch than I am with a possible Roadwalker lynch. It could be a simple mistake that left out the Eternum information, but I'd like to give a little more incentive for Roadwalker to reply. I do not, however, know their schedule and if they're normally on around turnover. I should be able to get on in the last 10 minutes or so (depending on the weather for my drive home from work), so if we get any explanation in that time, I'll remove my vote. It's just a better lead than we have for Devotary, who I've been getting a more village read from this cycle.

1 minute ago, Elandera said:

do not, however, know their schedule and if they're normally on around turnover

Usually am. In a reasonable US timezone.

I re-read my PM, and did make a mistake: 

Eternum, I think I am here., Furamirionind, shanerockes, and FatherTiempo all had bendalloy. I'm tempted to vote on myself at this point. In my defense, I believe I was still sick, and had not done a thorough read of the rules, as I didn't know the order scanned who the medals were passed to and didn't even catch it when eternum later claimed bendalloy. I even replied to the post where he claimed.

Gah, I'm so inactive at this point it hurts. I wish I could provide a brilliant insight on who to lynch, but I have no been giving this game the attention it deserves, and as a result I don't really know what to do. Anybody got a vote count? 
[5 minutes of thinking] The thing is, this game is lacking for activity, and with no suspicions at the moment, what I do have is logic. If we kill an active person, that's less discussion, and this game gets even more quiet than it already is. So, while it's not my favorite thing in the world, I'll go Shanerocks  @shanerockes, who I don't think has really said anything (which, yes, I know is kind of rich coming from me). My hope is if we focus on killing inactives, our more active people will eventually come up with the analysis we need to win. Not sure what else to do. 

With everyone else claiming that they did indeed have bendalloy D2, and seeing no reason for Roadwalker to lie, I'm willing to believe there was another PM misread. That apparently happened to Xino as well, so I guess that's just something that happens. My tin scans were quite unambiguous, stating specifically which players had the medallions I scanned for, but I'm not willing to say that someone is evil for that mistake. Even in the tinfoil where Roadwalker and Eternum are evil and Roadwalker presents the bendalloy scans hoping to get one of those three lynched, it wouldn't make sense for Eternum/Maill to claim bendalloy.

Our current lynch total stands at:

Itiah(1): Fura
Drought(1): FatherTiempo (might not count because it isn't in red)
shane(1): Steeldancer
Ark(1): Devotary

That's not a lot of votes. I have a few vague suspicions; Steel for tying the Fura-CadCom vote having participated in that discussion even less than I did, Ark for claiming lots of medallions without being killed/not using a gold scan despite posting that turn, Eternum/Maill for getting a pinch hitter without being that inactive. I don't really think any of those are great rationales for a vote, but I also feel that I have to cast some sort of vote. As such, I will mark Ark's name in red.

Just to clarify my position, apparently Eternum requested that they be replaced so as not to hinder the game. I can see how that could make it seem like he was an eliminator, but figured I’d throw the reason out there for clarity. 

Do we have any idea on the numbers of medallions out there? Or if any weren’t made by the southerners? Because we know of 5 Bendalloy medallions now which is one short of the max. I find it interesting that the eliminators made so many, since it does help them if one of their members gets lynched, but not much. 

34 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I'll go Shanerocks  @shanerockes, who I don't think has really said anything (which, yes, I know is kind of rich coming from me). My hope is if we focus on killing inactives, our more active people will eventually come up with the analysis we need to win. Not sure what else to do. 

Yes it is correct that I have been sort of been inactive but I just haven't contributed to discussions. I do read most of the post but there hasn't been a target on my back at all. Since I am a target, I am going to say that this cycle, I have brass, tin, and aluminum. I don't plan on using the brass at all for this because of how close it is. I will put my vote on Droughtbringer because I don't really have a read on anyone and decided to target a random person who already has a vote.

22 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Do we have any idea on the numbers of medallions out there? Or if any weren’t made by the southerners? Because we know of 5 Bendalloy medallions now which is one short of the max. I find it interesting that the eliminators made so many, since it does help them if one of their members gets lynched, but not much. 

We know we have 6 aluminium medallions (the max). Devotary says at least 3 pewter based on a scan. 

Of all the people up for a lynch, I think I agree most with either a contribution crusade on shanerockes, or Ark. Ark more so for actual suspicion, but I can understand forgetting to submit an action (even if said action is the only way to stay alive). However, we had several people writing reminders and sending requests for the results of the scan. It wasn't until Devotary called him out that he responded at all. So, Ark

Just now, Elandera said:

We know we have 6 aluminium medallions (the max). Devotary says at least 3 pewter based on a scan. 

Of all the people up for a lynch, I think I agree most with either a contribution crusade on shanerockes, or Ark. Ark more so for actual suspicion, but I can understand forgetting to submit an action (even if said action is the only way to stay alive). However, we had several people writing reminders and sending requests for the results of the scan. It wasn't until Devotary called him out that he responded at all. So, Ark

Seems fair enough, and since shanerocks popped up (thanks for popping up dude) I think I'll go Ark as well. 

At the end of the day, it was agreed: Ark was to be lynched. However, there were several surprises in store. When it was put to a vote, Pyrhine decided at the last minute to keep his hand down. Mailliw and Kalin each raised their hands for killing Shane, even though it was decided that he was likely innocent. This put the vote at a tie. A coin was flipped, and it came out tails. Shane was to be lynched.

shanerockes has been lynched! He was a Northern Aristocrat. A Brass, Aluminum, and Tin medallion was all destroyed.

Ark(2): Steel, Elandera

shanerockes(2): Maill, Drought

Drought(1): shanerockes

Itiah(1): Fura

As I've once again managed to fall asleep during rollover, the Night will last until 10 PM MST on March 1st. I'm taking steps to make sure this doesn't happen again. Sorry! (I know I've said that a lot, but I really am)

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Mailliw73

2. Droughtbringer/Kalin

3. Lumgol/Marwyn Hariel-Northern Aristocrat

4. Elandera

5. Rathmaskal -Northern Aristocrat

6. I think I am here/the Masked Itiah

7. Ark1002

8. Steeldancer/me

9. Cadmium Compounder/Dee Dadean-Northern Aristocrat 

10. xinoehp512/Ladem

11. Furamirionind

12. shanerockes/Timmy-Northern Aristocrat

13. Devotary of Spontaneity/Pyrhine

14. FatherTiempo/Khalder

15. Roadwalker/the Esteemed Dietrich Drake

16. Snipexe/Snip 

17. ElendVenture/Damon 

18. Fifth Scholar-Northern Aristocrat

Edited by Kidpen

Oh, poor Shane. I'm curious about the vote manipulation on Devotary.

@Kidpen, does brass apply in the cycle it's used?

Depending on the answer to that, someone didn't want Ark to die. I believe that was Devotary's first vote last cycle, so it couldn't have been intended for anyone else.

Edited by Elandera

10 hours ago, Elandera said:

Gotcha. And we’ve got almost the max of bendalloy too. Unless, @Furamirionind@shanerockes@I think I am here., And @FatherTiempo, did any of you have multiple bendalloy that cycle? 

Yay! The Contribution Crusade returns! I haven’t heard that mentioned in ages. 

Sorry, Shane  I specifically didn’t vote because of my last minute addition to the game, but I forgot that that’s exactly how zinc works. 

Also, I had Tin during the day and scanned for Gold. I don’t have time to reread the rules again, but is now a good time to post the results or after the night?

I’ve been reading through the thread up to D2. Some thoughts:

I love that Fifth encouraged practice lying. Always a good strategy. :P

Steel is my number one suspicion from D1. The vote to save Fura seems really off to me. I also think Fura would be a valuable lynch as he’s had many interactions with lots of players and knowing his alignment could help us figure that out. 

58 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Gotcha. And we’ve got almost the max of bendalloy too. Unless, @Furamirionind@shanerockes@I think I am here., And @FatherTiempo, did any of you have multiple bendalloy that cycle? 

I only had 1 bendalloy.

58 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Also, I had Tin during the day and scanned for Gold. I don’t have time to reread the rules again, but is now a good time to post the results or after the night?

Either could realistically work. posting now puts a target on the person's head, unless they come out with the results of their scan. Once they do that, the target is removed.
I actually think claiming now would be good as there seems to be multiple tin out this game, and if the elims were really concerned about gold, they could have killed them by now.
The downside of course, is if the elims do want gold out of the game, it puts a target on their head unless they claim. (As once they do, gold becomes useless.)

I assume a contribution crusade has to do with lynching those not contributing?

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

So unless someone just didn't want Devotary to vote, they had been on late in the cycle enough to catch that last minute shift if votes to Ark.

Shane did have brass, and was on after Devotary voted. It seems likely to me that Shane soothes Devotarie's vote in an effort to save themselves...

Edit: just realized that Devotary was voting on Ark, so whoever soothed Devotary, indirectly killed shane. Therefore, Shane wouldn't have done this... Either Ark did it trying to save themselves, they have a friend convinced they are village, An elim was protecting an ally, or an elim was trying to frame Ark as an elim.
This also confirmes there are multiple Brass. (As I don't recall multiple people claiming Brass earlier...)

Edited by Furamirionind