The Words and Intent

Saodar

I had a thought: speaking the words to an Ideal are probably meaningless, unless you have the right Intent. Bear with me here, but words that need Intent are also necessary for Awakening objects. We know that at Awakeners of the Sixth Heightening have "instinctive awakening," making them able to do basic commands instinctively. So my question is this: would a person of the Sixth Heightening instinctively know the words for Ideals, and spren bonds? Or maybe only the First Ideal?

I'm no Realmatic expert, but this seems unlikely.  They're just not the same thing.  It seems a bit like saying "I need steady hands to thread a needle, and I need steady hands to perform heart surgery.  Therefore if I can instinctively thread any needle, then I must be able to perform heart surgery."

I agree with other dissenters: the Sixth Heightening might given them implicit ability to Invest in Endowment, but it is likely because that are already so Invested via BioChromatic Breath in that Shard that they have instinctive ability to Cognitively translate their Investement from Spiritual "Potential" to Physical "Effect".

Progression through the Ideals has similar logic, implicit ability to transfer Investments in Honor, giving effects like Shardblade and Shardplate, from the Spiritual Realm to its Physical manifestation.

However, conflating both is conflating different forms and levels of Investiture from different Shards with different Intents.

• Chaos locked this topic