Hi!

Config2

Hello all!

After lurking for a while, I've finally decided to create an account. Years of internetting has taught me that someone has probably already said what I plan to say, but I feel like joining the forum supports the Cosmere as a project.

About me: I'm a Chemical Engineer from the Northeastern USA, I like gardening, board games, and I golf occasionally. The screename has its roots in OS Runescape, where one of the loading bar tags is "loading config." I didn't know what that meant as a kid, but that didn't stop me from making it my usename (config1 was taken). Also I write some amount of short fiction and DM for a 6 person group (mostly dnd 3.5e). I've listened to everything Cosmere, and also Skyward. 

About the Cosmere and Me: I like it. My favorite "book" is Edgedancer, followed by Sixth of Dusk. My favorite character is Sak, though Lift and Pattern are pretty great. I listen to all of Sanderson's stuff in audio book format (apologies for spelling, I get all my info phonetically).

My Unanswered Questions: Regarding Non-Euclidean geometry and Shadesmar, does the collective soul and conception of a object affect it's location in Shadesmar; I.E. if everyone on Roshar spent a thousand years thinking that the Horneater Peaks are coterminal to Kolinar, would their locations in Shadesmar be coterminal? Also drugs on Scadrial? We get firemoss on Roshar, but where is that for our allomancers (metal doesn't count)?

Thanks for the responses! Always nice to see members interested in greeting new people.

Shard of Thought: Nalthis. I'd definitely be a merchant in a fantasy world, and Nalthis is probably where I'd be least likely to die. Also, awakening is a pretty interesting magic system. It's also the one I'd prefer to live on anyway! Flowers are nice.

Sorana: Thanks for letting me know! I'm not personally a big role player, but observation of such is something I enjoy. Ill check it out.