beantheboy12

Negative reputation levels

11 posts in this topic

I was just looking at the reputation levels and saw that there were things like lifeless, chasmfiend corpses, etc for negative upvotes. How do you get those ranks?

I think Admins have the power to adjust reputation points so I suppose if you asked really nicely and told them it was always your ambition to be a zucchini it might be possible... but otherwise no, those levels are only listed for legacy purposes since there used to be a way to get negative reputation.

You can't, and realistically even when downvotes existed, people only attained them when some individuals begged for downvotes. I definitely tried to discourage that behavior.

Hey, Chaos, any chance I could be a zucchini?:P

Nope, sorry, I don't manually set people's reputation levels. That's happened a few time historically for a few days, but we don't do this now.

There have been a couple of people who got fairly deep into the negative numbers legitimately. They're all banned though, mostly because of trolling.

I fully understand (and agree with) the rationale behind scrapping downvotes.  But, man, sometimes it would be a really nice option to have...

On 2/8/2019 at 6:00 AM, Scion of the Mists said:

I fully understand (and agree with) the rationale behind scrapping downvotes.  But, man, sometimes it would be a really nice option to have...

*Downvotes post*

I will not be changing people's rep levels to assign people a negative rank.