Republic of Alleycity

Lord Meeker

Head of Defense  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Head of Defense to manage the Precursors be elected?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Keleth smiled.  Ahh yes, a police force.  He said, "Note that at any moment the Senate can vote to depose the head of defense.  Also, without a warrant, the same laws apply to police on the job.  If a warrant is issued, they have the right to break the specified law only within limits of the warrant.  Baring this, I put my full support behind this."

@Darth Woodrack

"Clearly the motion passes," Keleth said.  "The Precursors have a leader, so we should put them into action.  Something must be done about the presence of Plasmacore.  This is our city, it is the duty of the government to protect it, not the various guilds.  As a body, the government should count as a Great Guild.  Therefore, we have authorization to send in an army.  The Precursors should clear the civilians off of the streets, then begin to attack Plasmacore itself.  It would also help if this body ordered Great Guilds to send their forces in as well.  This must be coordinated, we don't want another situation like the Seven-Day War."

@all reps.

"All due respect, but are you absolutely insane?" Doomhorn said, with a slightly raised voice, "The Precursors are a police force. Their mainline officer, due to a recent refit, only carries a shock pistol, and you expect them to go against Plasma Core? Walker, a high ranking Precursor and TUBA member, as well as Dusk are organizing an evacuation. We don't need to throw Precursors to their doom!

"But, along those same lives, should we move? Perhaps to the Citadel? Dusk has large enough lodings." 

“The police force is useless if it does not do any policing,” a man said. He was the man Lusk had sent in his place.

His real name was Neil Patrick-Carter, though everyone just called him NPC, annoyingly.

“The numbers of the Precursors alone should be enough, especially if they are as skilled as we have been led to believe.”

17 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

His real name was Neil Patrick-Carter, though everyone just called him NPC, annoyingly.

xD

The mist had spread around the building, and distant shouts of "DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENT!" Could be heard.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“The police force is useless if it does not do any policing,” a man said. He was the man Lusk had sent in his place.

“The numbers of the Precursors alone should be enough, especially if they are as skilled as we have been led to believe.”

"This isn't policing, this is a warzone! Also, CAN WE DISCUSS THIS IN THE CITADEL! THERE IS A MOD OUTSIDE AS WELL AS WHATEVER THAT THING IN THE SKY IS!" Doomhorn yelled.

5 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

"This isn't policing, this is a warzone! Also, CAN WE DISCUSS THIS IN THE CITADEL! THERE IS A MOD OUTSIDE AS WELL AS WHATEVER THAT THING IN THE SKY IS!" Doomhorn yelled.

“Fine, we’ll do it in the Citadel,” NPC said. “And yes, it is a warzone, and so why aren’t we allowing our largest congregation of armed forces to deal with it?”

A sound of shattering glass echoed from the side, and a mob of people started to flow through. The Precursors rushed over, but the mob was violent, throwing bricks and gardening tools. One had a gun, and shot from behind, hitting members of the mob as often as he hit Precursors.

As the Rep's left, several dozen riot troopers charged in and attacked the mob, pushing them back. Blood flew everywhere, and skulls cracked. Snipers and basics came in behind, shooting at them, leaving them unconscious on the ground. Those that the riot soldiers stepped on and then over, who were still alive, were dragged away to be saved from the city.

Loud gunshots fired, seven riot soldiers dropping.

Mazer stepped through the door. He wore steel armor over his entire body, all pulsing with aons. His eyes had glass slits, with aons carved in the edges. Mazer grimaced from within, and fired again and again, dropping riot troopers. He turned, firing at multiple snipers in the upper reaches.

Mazer growled. "I will protect those who cannot protect themselves."

As they were being ushered out by policemen, Keleth looked back and saw a monstrous figure looming over the mob.  He wore Aon-inhanced steel armor, with glass slits for his eyes.  He easily took out several snipers in the high reaches of the room.  

Then Keleth was gone, rushed onto the evacuation ship and into the sky.  With no chancellor,  the guild representatives were the closest thing to a leader that the Alleyverse had.  

Keleth paced up and down within the cabin of the ship.  "The situation isn't good," he said, "But we can fix it if we act decisively.

"First, we need to determine this: Is the government body technically a great guild?  Because if so, we have the power to send the Alleymilitary into the city."

14 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

He comes from be same world as the Turquoise Bellied Alligator, perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Vargo Seldon said:

As they were being ushered out by policemen, Keleth looked back and saw a monstrous figure looming over the mob.  He wore Aon-inhanced steel armor, with glass slits for his eyes.  He easily took out several snipers in the high reaches of the room.  

Then Keleth was gone, rushed onto the evacuation ship and into the sky.  With no chancellor,  the guild representatives were the closest thing to a leader that the Alleyverse had.  

Keleth paced up and down within the cabin of the ship.  "The situation isn't good," he said, "But we can fix it if we act decisively.

"First, we need to determine this: Is the government body technically a great guild?  Because if so, we have the power to send the Alleymilitary into the city."

I mean I get that you want to send in a military and all, but you would need to RP drafting and training a military as the government clearly has no military right now. Regardless of whether or not it’s a great guild the government can’t just make a well trained army in a day.

1 minute ago, MacThorstenson said:

I mean I get that you want to send in a military and all, but you would need to RP drafting and training a military as the government clearly has no military right now. Regardless of whether or not it’s a great guild the government can’t just make a well trained army in a day.

For some odd reason I though that Great Guilds had the power to instantly create an army.  

I guess I was mistaken.

11 minutes ago, Vargo Seldon said:

For some odd reason I though that Great Guilds had the power to instantly create an army.  

I guess I was mistaken.

It is assumed that great guilds have access to an army, but the status doesn't bestow the ability to magically create one if it hadn't already been RP'd. It's an OoC thing really, just means people can't complain about that guild using an army.

19 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

A sound of shattering glass echoed from the side, and a mob of people started to flow through. The Precursors rushed over, but the mob was violent, throwing bricks and gardening tools. One had a gun, and shot from behind, hitting members of the mob as often as he hit Precursors.

Ark, where are these people from? What part of the city do you think is like this? So far there has been no negative act of the government on the people. Sure, many oppose the guilds and Investiture, but almost none oppose the government. The fog wouldn't start a mob against the government, it would cause them either to cower away in fear, or, if you really believe that people in a place like this are so simple, a mob against Investiture.

I can't see any scenario where this is realistic. Especially the gardening tools part - why would Alleycity dwellers have gardening tools? Yes, this is likely for main plot reasons, but as a person who has been having a focus specifically on the common folk of the Alleyverse, I kind of see this as a slight contradiction of an established precedent even if technically no one controls the citizens of the city. Things have been established about these people - Karn's forge, Eve's papers, even groups like the Trader's guild.

Feel free to ignore this.

3 hours ago, Silva said:

Ark, where are these people from? What part of the city do you think is like this? So far there has been no negative act of the government on the people. Sure, many oppose the guilds and Investiture, but almost none oppose the government. The fog wouldn't start a mob against the government, it would cause them either to cower away in fear, or, if you really believe that people in a place like this are so simple, a mob against Investiture.

I can't see any scenario where this is realistic. Especially the gardening tools part - why would Alleycity dwellers have gardening tools? Yes, this is likely for main plot reasons, but as a person who has been having a focus specifically on the common folk of the Alleyverse, I kind of see this as a slight contradiction of an established precedent even if technically no one controls the citizens of the city. Things have been established about these people - Karn's forge, Eve's papers, even groups like the Trader's guild.

Feel free to ignore this.

I have also been focusing on the people of the Alleycity.

I was the one who proposed the Trader's Union, and I know what it's doing. It's going against the government, and is one of the most humanitarian groups, widely loved by the people. They have said they won't let the government control them.

The general people have a very negative approach to the Great Guilds, and most guilds in general. Seven Day War, Nuking, Great Game, etc. The Guilds have caused the most negative things in their lives. Then those said guilds start a government? Trying to put laws in place? They aren't happy because these people have the nerve to impose laws after nuking the city.

The criminal empire's won't be happy either, as there will be policing, and soon laws limiting drug and alcohol trade. This is just more tension.

Criminals, regular people, and Trader's Union all against the government? That's more than enough for a mob to start when government police come in and forcefully take people from their homes.

I'm not sure if I agree with Ark's negative pov of how the people view the guilds.

Don't get me wrong, we did cause a lot of problems, but we also manages 16 years of peace and the guilds protected the city, when the feind attacked, or when Sephtis started to wreck havoc.

I followed the trader's union thread (when it was still active months ago) and mostly you were against the guilds - which is fine, but to suddenly start a revolution?

Yes the government, hasn't been the most effective, but right now there is a new threat - PlasmaCore and the guilds are opposing them, evacuate the city, try to protect it again.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to clean anybody's vest, but this revolution happened a bit suddenly? I feel like the argumentation is a bit one sided maybe?

And I'm not sure if one alone should decide the mood of the whole city, as it influences all of us?

Edited by Sorana

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

I'm not sure if I agree with Ark's negative pov of how the people view the guilds.

Don't get me wrong, we did cause a lot of problems, but we also manages 16 years of peace and the guilds protected the city, when the feind attacked, or when Sephtis started to wreck havoc.

I followed the trader's union thread (when it was still active months ago) and mostly you were against the guilds - which is fine, but to suddenly start a revolution?

Yes the government, hasn't been the most effective, but right now there is a new threat - PlasmaCore and the guilds are opposing them, evacuate the city, try to protect it again.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to clean anybody's vest, but this revolution happened a bit suddenly? I feel like the argumentation is a bit one sided maybe?

And I'm not sure if one alone should decide the mood of the whole city, as it influences all of us?

I have worked on this for months. Literally.

PlasmaCore wouldn't be popular with the people, you're right. But they haven't been shown as enough of a threat to justify kidnapping people from their homes.

The Precursors aren't giving an option, they are kidnapping. That isn't going to make the people happy.

16 years of peace? Oh yes. After seven years of radiation poisoning, the guilds did nothing to help clean up, help their lives. But yes, I'm sure they'll be happy about the fact that the guild managed sixteen years without causing a war. Real accomplishment there. (read this area from PoV of alleycity citizen)

Fiend attacked? Started by a guild war. Sephtis? That was caused by guild politics.

P.S. I really hope no one is offended by these arguments, if I do sorry.

You worked on this, alright, but imo not enough to justify all of this. And like I said, I don't feel like you should decide this alone. Because there also characters that actively work for the people, and they belong to the guilds, and all their effort is simply rendered irrelevant, if you say, that it's like this.
And the whole trader's Union was active for a few weeks, and then vanished completely. Yes, they were against the guilds, but that's it.

The Precurser's: you stated, that they abduct people. But who gives the orders for that? If they work for the gov, then the gov should vote on whether they do this or not. You control them atm, not the government. Because right now, the gov as gov has no say in what they do.

And some things aren't right. The guilds did rebuilt the city after 7dW, we stated that cleary. They didn't manage everything, but they did rebuilt it. Otherwise it would still be in ruins. Then we have the hospital, which looks after everybody for free.

The church also is focused on helping people.

Yes the Feind was caused by politics, but wars are always caused by politics. What I was aiming at, was that in every crisis it was tried to protect the normal people. They were given shelter, and they were always evacuated, it was always tried to protect them. In 7dW alone a huge part of characters did nothing but try to protect the people there.

What I see here, is, that we never really played with the mood in the city, we never meassured it. Some characters helped them, some didn't. So either we all agree, that the mood changed in that way, or it can't have done that. Just my opinion. I simply feel like this changes a lot of the overall setting, and for me this extreme change is really suddenly.

Edited by Sorana

As an alternative explanation, it could be the blue mist that's driving people insane and causing riots. Maybe it's doing something similar to emotional Allomancy, Rioting the people's frustration and resentment far beyond normal levels.

'Cause if that's the case, it means I get to call it 'daemonic mist'. :P

@Ark1002 @Sorana