Republic of Alleycity

Lord Meeker

Head of Defense  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Head of Defense to manage the Precursors be elected?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Someone from the back of the room shouted, "Second"

Doomhorn stood up, was pulled back down and said, "You are not a senator, so you cannot second anyone. Now, before we talk about a chancellor, can we talk about the Precursors, to enforce the laws you just confirmed? They have been pushed back for far to long."

Can we please talk about the precursors? The Church of the White Rose attack, the laws, and now this, have been pushing it back the entire time!

16 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"Ah, yes, the Precursors," the CotW rep said, smiling. "Who is in favor of them becoming a government-run organization? Can I get a second?"

A number of laws Vargo came up with. They've gone through a few iterations, here is the latest version:

Spoiler
  • Thievery of any sort is against the law, ownership being defined in a written form (receipts, contracts, etc.), or if the owner produced the property, or if the owner happened upon property that was not owned prior.  Last ills and testaments will be worked out by the current owner
  • Murder or assault of any sort is against the law, assault being determined by an attack with the intention to hurt, capture, maime, torture, or kill.  The aggressor will be punished, self-defense is not against the law.
  • Vandalism is also against the law.  Vandalism being determined by defacing or causing damage to another's property without his or her consent.

Monetary laws:

• Every citizen of Alleycity will be taxed 5% of all legal income.
  • All transactions will have a 2% tax.  This document states laws, not punishments.  A penal code can be worked out accordingly.

With regard to Investiture:

• No being shall take undue advantage of any other by use of coercion with investiture.

With regard to Hemalurgy:*

• Spike-outs may happen unrestricted to the terminally sick and the elderly, given that they are close enough to death to be bedridden, and they have given consent for hemalurgic expirementation prior.  Sort of like organ donor cards.
  • Spike-outs may also happen to those signing a form produced by the government

Form:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Spike-ins may not result in death.
  • Spike-ins must be accompanied by a copper spike to preserve mental stability.
  • All spike-in victims must be released after 5 days of DA possession.  
  • Note that although loyalty spike-ins are made legal by the hemalurgy bill, the DA will not be permitted to use such spikes to comply with the Investiture.

*Footnote:  It has come to my attention that the DA, and only the DA is capable of performing hemalurgic experiments professionally, and hemalurgy will therefore be restricted to their use only.

Foreign Policy: 

• All foreigners to Alleycity are to be subjected to the same laws as citizens (Citizenship to be defined as anyone born in Alleycity, or those applying for citizenship through the proper channels.  Note that anyone born within the city limits is considered a citizen)
  • In disputes between foreigners and Alleycitizens, the law will regard either equally.
  • Any foreigners are allowed in, as long as they are in accordance with the law.
  • Alleycitizens are privy to rights and protections (such as protection from invasion, protection by the law, job security from foreign laborers, etc.) that non-citizens are not.
  • Foreign powers will be dealt with by the discretion of the government.  Any self-governing body outside the city limits is considered a foreign power.  All guilds are under the authority of the government, as they have representatives, and are involved in government.

"I second the Precursors being government run in accord to their current goals, and would like to point out the fact that one of the three slots of leaders are open to appointment, with Thel and [INSERT WHATEVER CHARACTER SHERLOCK PUTS IN THIS SPOT HERE] are already in place," Doomhorn said.

23 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"I'll take that as a second," Terrel said. "So, all in favor of a head of defense? Let us do a vote."

@MacThorstenson @Nohadon @Voidus

New Question is up.

I assumed that you were Voting on whether or not to have a head, if you want to elect an actual head we well need to determine who is running.

The old lady nodded. "Yes, a head of defense would be good."

It's Keeper rep, actually.

Also, as soon as the Keepers send their own reps I'm outta here.

Unless they decide I should be a rep.

The old lady shook her head. "It's only government run organizations. And it wouldn't put the man out of his job, just put him in a position of lower power and control." She pointed around. "This woman or man would be chosen by us, and would control the Precursors with more authority than Thel and that group."

"Good lady, I have two questions. The first is, what exactly is your name? The second is, are you confirming what I said in the fact that Thel will still be the Director of the Precursors, but the head of defense would be in charge of them, and any other groups, such as the canton, who would regulate other types of threats, or are you saying that Thel will no longer be director?" Doomhorn asked, earnestly.

@Ark1002

"Thank you Lady Agatha, for clearing that up. Then, I put my full support behind this bill. Thel, do you approve," Doomhorn looked at Thel.

"Yes. Now I can go get food. My epic powers help me survive without it, btu a week sitting here waiting to see whether or not I could do my job makes me incredibly hungry," Thel left to get lunch.