Hemelurgy - There are alternative bind-points

teknopathetic

Yep, plenty of different places to stick spikes that we know of, even without needing to know the precise (and impressive) number of possible bind points. Most spikes seem to go in the torso rather than the limbs, whether it's Inquisitors, unintentional hemalurgists like Zane or the ranking members of the Set. You'd lose a chunk of potential bind points with a limb but still have more than enough to turn yourself into a hemalurgic pincushion if you wanted to.

6 hours ago, Weltall said:

Yep, plenty of different places to stick spikes that we know of, even without needing to know the precise (and impressive) number of possible bind points. Most spikes seem to go in the torso rather than the limbs, whether it's Inquisitors, unintentional hemalurgists like Zane or the ranking members of the Set. You'd lose a chunk of potential bind points with a limb but still have more than enough to turn yourself into a hemalurgic pincushion if you wanted to.

Unintentional?  I thought that was impossible, that the Intent was a critical part of the process.

56 minutes ago, Quantus said:

Unintentional?  I thought that was impossible, that the Intent was a critical part of the process.

I meant in the sense that he didn't consciously know about hemalurgy or what the spike in his chest did and was manipulated by Ruin into spiking himself. I probably should have been more clear there since, as you say, completely unintentional hemalurgy is impossible.

• Chaos locked this topic