Returned led his men towards the safety of the walls, the superlifeless and marines guarding their backs.  The column of men reached the safety of the walls, and took up guard positions along it's length.  Returned strode into the conference room and met with Edalb, his second, Hasharan, his military commander, Silvia Rey, the Superlifeless commander, and the head Space Marine, whatever his name was.  He regarded them for a moment, than said.  "I think, we need assasins."

@Furamirionind

Or whoever else wants to take temporary command of the Silent Gatherers.

Returned talked at length about extending the campaign against the ever-growing army of yetis.  The disembodied yeti arm that hung on the wall behind his desk like some barbarous trophy really drove the point home.  What it all came down to was this:  They could survive inside their walls and steadily grind down the yeti forces, then pursue vengeance in the yeti homeland.  However, the issuer of food and other resources was major considering that there was no town around the fortress to support it.  The conversation turned towards frying yetis, but their innate poison eventually destroyed that theory.  They would just have to secure a quota from the government.  Returned said, "I have a rep down there at the government, and he is very politacally savvy.  He can secure us whatever we need to fight this battle."

Sorry for the minor godmod, I just wanted to pick things up a little

@Element of Chaos @beantheboy12 @Grey Knight @Darth Sir Woodrack Groot

Yes yetis have poison, or perhaps venom, if you want to be specific.  Their fur contains it, and it is deadly.

Returned shook his head, "My man within the government has already gotten us reinforcements, and will continue to do good work there.  I am confident in his ability to get us the necessities.  

@Grey Knight

Edited by Vargo Seldon

On 3/16/2019 at 8:58 PM, Vargo Seldon said:

Returned shook his head, "My man within the government has already gotten us reinforcements, and will continue to do good work there.  I am confident in his ability to get us the necessities.

The space marine grunted. One of the mechanical arms protruding from his back twitched, almost as if in frustration.

"We need to discuss what happens after the yetis are broken," he said. "They can't breach the walls, so it's only a matter of time before they retreat into the mountains. My Clan wants to follow them in, and purge the land of this infestation. Will your armies be strong enough to assist?"

@Vargo Seldon

Returned chuckled.  "Yes we will pursue them into the mountains.  My men will be itching for revenge after this.  Our militia, 100,000 strong, only took minor losses.  Yes, we are weaker than we once were, but still strong enough to pursue the yeti scourge."  He turned to Hasharan, "How long before the yeti's break and retreat?  By your estimation?"

@Grey Knight @beantheboy12

6 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

The space marine grunted. One of the mechanical arms protruding from his back twitched, almost as if in frustration.

"We need to discuss what happens after the yetis are broken," he said. "They can't breach the walls, so it's only a matter of time before they retreat into the mountains. My Clan wants to follow them in, and purge the land of this infestation. Will your armies be strong enough to assist?"

@Vargo Seldon

That would mean war against the Keepers. That's our property.

12 hours ago, Element of Chaos said:

No. I don't want to have to ally with Chaos Marines, but I will.

A. You control the Chaos Marines. It'd still be you against everyone else.

B. That would only lead to the Keepers being Exterminatus-ed from orbit. 

8 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Well, if purging the yeti threat means war with the Keepers, then so be it.  However, we won't actively seek out a fight with you, just the yetis.  It would make for an interesting plot if there was a war though... ;)

Should we make a separate PM to negotiate military access?

@Element of Chaos @Vargo Seldon

Returned prepared for a counter stroke.  He strode the length of the courtyard on his Rhyshadium, giving orders and and sending missives.  The men were rallying quickly.  As were the marines and, of course, the superlifeless stood emotionlessly and ready to march.  The strike would serve to drive the yetis back into the hills.  He turned to his second, "Prepare your men to take out the Roar.  This campaign will carry on for quite a while."

@Grey Knight @Element of Chaos @beantheboy12

Edited by Vargo Seldon

Just now, Element of Chaos said:

Edalb spoke. "I have bested the Roar once. If I beat him again, the tribe will be mine...'

Returned laughed. "Yes well, the current Roar that you bested has probably been killed for seeming weak by now.  A new one has taken it's place.  And they will not instate a human as the Roar, even if you best the current one.  The discrimination is too deep-set.  But I am relying on you to best it.  Do not fail me."

On 3/19/2019 at 10:06 PM, Vargo Seldon said:

Returned laughed. "Yes well, the current Roar that you bested has probably been killed for seeming weak by now.  A new one has taken it's place.  And they will not instate a human as the Roar, even if you best the current one.  The discrimination is too deep-set.  But I am relying on you to best it.  Do not fail me."

"Alternatively," Trajan said, stepping up beside them, "we could just shoot it, using our air superiority and extensive heavy weaponry." One of his mechanic arms sparked angrily. "Just a thought."

@Vargo Seldon

2 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

"Alternatively," Trajan said, stepping up beside them, "we could just shoot it, using our air superiority and extensive heavy weaponry." One of his mechanic arms sparked angrily. "Just a thought."

@Vargo Seldon

Returned listened, interested in the Marine's outlook on tactics.  He nodded, "Yes, but your air force is put to better use against the greater bulk.  Besides, it's a matter of honor for Edalb."

Returned glanced the way of the short man.  "And leave the rest of the yetis to flank us?" He chuckled, "No, not wise.  This must be strategic."  He strode down to the courtyard, where the rest of the army was assembled.  This is it, he though, it is here we must drive them away.  He began giving orders, rallying the men, and over all getting ready to charge out of those gates.  But before he could give the order, the alarms began to sound on top of the walls.  Returned cursed by his own name, and rushed up to the wall to see.  The yetis were forming up about a mile off, and were ready to charge the walls.  "If those monsters reach the walls before we're out," he yelled, "Then we'll be pinned against the walls and slaughtered!"  He rushed back to Trajan, and said, "Get your air forces up there.  Delay them as long as possible."  He ran down to the courtyard, and bellowed the order to open the gates.  His forces, meager as they were, rushed out in a majestic charge.

@beantheboy12 @Grey Knight @Clever Username

Edited by Vargo Seldon

• 2 weeks later...

Jacien, who had been leaning against the wall in a nightwatcher trance, blinked confused. That had been a long one. He hoped he hadn’t missed anything important. Then he saw everybody charging, and figured he should probably join them, sucked in stormlight and charged down with them.

Edited by Sunbringer