SA 4 & 5 outlining up to 40%

platnumkid

• 2 weeks later...

In this week's chapter of Tor's reread of Oathbringer, both reviewers made comments about how they either are beginning or have started the Stormlight 4 beta read. I don't know if that means Brandon's progress bars haven't been updated in a bit, or if he's still working on the end of Draft 2. Either way, progress! 

https://www.tor.com/2020/02/06/oathbringer-reread-chapter-one-hundred-fourteen/

56 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

In this week's chapter of Tor's reread of Oathbringer, both reviewers made comments about how they either are beginning or have started the Stormlight 4 beta read. I don't know if that means Brandon's progress bars haven't been updated in a bit, or if he's still working on the end of Draft 2. Either way, progress! 

Some parts of the book are ahead of others.  I believe he finished a working draft of part one and sent it to his editor before continuing on.  It is also possible that he is just keeping things at 90% while he sorts out whatever "sticky" issues this draft has.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, What's a Seawolf? said:

Not sure if this was known or not, but Brandon confirmed on Reddit that Tor will be releasing a chapter (chapters?) a week leading up to release, similar to Oathbringer.

Some of us know but some probably didn't

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Robot said:

Do we know when will the chapters start getting released?

If it's anything like 2017, they're going to release 3 chapters per week after the Prologue is released on its own. If we assume that RoW has 30ish chapters in Part 1, I think we can expect an announcement in mid to late August.  

4 hours ago, Robot said:

Do we know when will the chapters start getting released?

Probably not until September at the earliest. Sanderson still needs to finish Draft 4.0 and then do Draft 5.0 (the 10% trim), and then you have the line edit and copy edit by Peter after that I believe. So yeah...the book's not going to be done for a while...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Brandon truly amazes me with his dedication to writing. How fast for how much work goes into his projects is such a breath of fresh air in comparison to GRRM. Though bookwise for me at least the next two years look to be great with supposedly both author's releasing main series project's (I have no doubt Brandon will this year, but I hope winds of winter comes out next year as well).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...