Odd Job Tavern

Invocation

Aln nodded slowly. "Perhaps that is sage advice, although I have little inclination to join any current guild." She flipped to a new page in her notebook and asked, "Where might I rent a small house?"

Suddenly she started, and reached into her pocket, pulling out a glowing spanreed pen. "Storms," she breathed. "I'm late." She looked back at the man and spoke, "Thank you for your help. However, I'm afraid I have an urgent matter to attend to. Perhaps we shall meet again." At that, she scooped her books back into her satchel, and set off quickly, the door banging shut behind her.

Edited by Rushu42

2 hours ago, kenod said:

Fragarach walked through the door, ignoring any potential Yetis outside. She sat down at the bar. "Got any Scotch?" She asked the bartender.

"What kind of bartender would I be if I didn't have scotch? How old do you want?" Malu asked.

So uhhhhhhh is there any particular reason this character is named after a sword that cuts through everything or is it just because it sounds cool?

"It is four o'clock!" Metronome declared loudly from the corner of the tavern that he'd been sitting in.

He would have preferred a larger gathering of believers that he could preach to, but he would have to make do with what he found for now. He'd heard that some in this city worshipped other gods, it would no doubt take some time for them to see that their paltry gods could not hope to compare to Metronome's own majesty.

On 4/27/2019 at 6:06 PM, Invocation said:

"There is a library somewhere around here. Probably just up the road. Everything seems to be. A guild of scholars, not so much. Maybe the Keepers or the Diagramists? I wouldn't know where to find either of them."

"How stiff are we talking?" Malu asked.

Stormbreaker was about to answer, when he was interrupted by an eccentric little fellow preaching the time.  He shrugged and turned back to answer.  "Stiffest you got," he said, momentarily forgetting that he couldn't get intoxicated, "I need to be thoroughly smashed after a day like today."

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

"It is four o'clock!" Metronome declared loudly from the corner of the tavern that he'd been sitting in.

"Wonderful, thanks."

11 minutes ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Stormbreaker was about to answer, when he was interrupted by an eccentric little fellow preaching the time.  He shrugged and turned back to answer.  "Stiffest you got," he said, momentarily forgetting that he couldn't get intoxicated, "I need to be thoroughly smashed after a day like today."

"You may regret asking for the stiffest," Malu chuckled, "But I figure you know your business. Enjoy a nice 30-year bit." He poured a shot with slightly more than advisable and set it down.

11 hours ago, Invocation said:
14 hours ago, kenod said:

Fragarach walked through the door, ignoring any potential Yetis outside. She sat down at the bar. "Got any Scotch?" She asked the bartender.

"What kind of bartender would I be if I didn't have scotch? How old do you want?" Malu asked.

So uhhhhhhh is there any particular reason this character is named after a sword that cuts through everything or is it just because it sounds cool?

"Don't care," she said. "Just give me something that tastes good."

The reason she's named like that is because she's an Epic whose powers allow her to have any sword/knife she wields to get properties similar to Fragarach.

The door swung silently open as another figure stepped into the tavern. It wore long dark clothes which seemed to drift around it in spite of the lack of wind inside, thin, bony hands peeked out from its sleeves their skin a lifeless shade of gray. It turned its head, seeming to search the tavern however no eyes were present in its face, instead it was a shifting mass of gray that seemed to writhe and boil as it was watched.

The figure stopped a few steps into the room, examining its surroundings before finally it seemed to discover what it was looking for. Slowly, silently, it began to make its way to one corner where the portly figure of Metronome sat.

On 4/30/2019 at 5:11 AM, kenod said:

"Don't care," she said. "Just give me something that tastes good."

"Absolutely," Malu said, pouring the most popular scotch he stalked and setting it down.

On 4/30/2019 at 5:11 AM, kenod said:

The reason she's named like that is because she's an Epic whose powers allow her to have any sword/knife she wields to get properties similar to Fragarach.

Fair enough.

16 hours ago, Nohadon said:

"You got lodging?" Alson asked the Barkeep while Bel did a quick sweep of the room.

"Some of the private parlors upstairs have beds, yeah. Want one or two?" Malu asked.

On 4/17/2019 at 4:40 PM, Invocation said:

"Hello! Do you want anything to eat or drink?" Malu calls.

Nuemark tips his bowler. "Ah, some whisky is fine by me, do you have fifteen-year-aged scotch?"

Edited by ElendVenture

17 hours ago, Sorana said:

A woman walked into the tavern and ordered something to drink. Then she sat down at the bar.

@Silva

Malu set the drink down.

17 hours ago, ElendVenture said:

Nuemark tips his bowler. "Ah, some whisky is fine by me, do you have fifteen-year-aged scotch?"

"15 year scotch? Good choice. I do indeed have some," Malu said, pouring the requested scotch. "Want anything to eat with it?"

9 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Nultūk walked quietly into the bar. As he began walking up to the bar, he started signing with his hands to the air beside him. When he was about a stride from the bar, a spren popped up beside him, and began speaking. "Got any infused spheres?" she asked.

"A few. Not many, other than my emergency supply, but there's some. I'd be happy to exchange, if you wish."

On 4/29/2019 at 8:11 PM, Invocation said:

"Wonderful, thanks."

"You may regret asking for the stiffest," Malu chuckled, "But I figure you know your business. Enjoy a nice 30-year bit." He poured a shot with slightly more than advisable and set it down.

Stormbreaker nodded his thanks, and threw it down without so much as a though about adverse effects.  And apperently there weren't any, for he didn't look any worse for wear after he drank it.  For a moment, he looked confused, then it dawned on him.  "By the five visions," he swore, "I can't get drunk on colors-cursed alcohol.  Or anything."  He sighed and set the cup down.  

He heard shouting from outside on the street, and rushed out to see what the fuss was about.  Another portal had appeared, and it was taking both armies away.  He shouted in alarm, and commanded his men to run straight into it.  How many would he lose this time?  Both armies plunged into the swirling portal, but a few were blocked.  Locked out, you might say.  Once both armies, the yetis, and the humans were gone, these lone soldiers looked on with melancholy at the busy streets.  

Then they turned and headed back inside the bar.  Nothing like losing yourself after losing your army.

1 minute ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

"Thanks," Nultūk's spren said, as Nultūk set down a couple of diamond chips on the bar. "While your at it, can I get your strongest glass of water?"

Malu palmed the chips, replacing them with infused ones of the same variety, pouring a glass of water with his other hand. "Here you go."

On 5/3/2019 at 6:54 AM, Invocation said:

"Some of the private parlors upstairs have beds, yeah. Want one or two?" Malu asked.

Bel laughed as Alson's ears turned pink.

"Two, please" He told the barkeep. 

"How much would it be?" Bel added.

2 minutes ago, Sorana said:

The woman nodded her thanks and paid. Then she continued to wait, her fingers idly playing with a pen.

Eve slipped inside and glanced around. The boy had told her to look out for a woman which wasn't very descriptive. To her relief there were only two options present and she chose the one who looked least aggressive and sat down next to her. Hopefully she was the one.

19 minutes ago, Silva said:

Eve slipped inside and glanced around. The boy had told her to look out for a woman which wasn't very descriptive. To her relief there were only two options present and she chose the one who looked least aggressive and sat down next to her. Hopefully she was the one.

The woman turned her head and looked at the young girl that had sat down next to her. She looked at her for a moment and then inclined her head in greeting, placed one of the sheets of paper on the bar next to her glass and waited for her reaction.