Odd Job Tavern

Invocation

Iva and Kama left as he went over to the right board and offered a service saying ‘Contact me, Novus, whenever in need of help for generally any mission. My services are free and I just wish to help out’. “There isnt that better, wouldnt you agree?”, Iva appeared just to sigh at him and then left again. Novus got what he needed.

The door swings open halfway, and in steps a short, curly-haired woman with a long coat. She reaches into one of her many pockets and pulls out a few spheres, two still glowing faintly with Stormlight. She clutches them in her hand, and moves toward the counter.

"I would like to purchase a meal. Are spheres accepted currency here?"

Her voice is quiet, and her words very carefully enunciated, emphasizing her faint accent.

Aln replied, "Without, thank you." She paused, then asked, "I was also hoping that you could tell me a few things about this Alleyverse, and the Investiture therein. For example, how do Surgebinders aquire Stormlight without highstorms?"

10 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln replied, "Without, thank you." She paused, then asked, "I was also hoping that you could tell me a few things about this Alleyverse, and the Investiture therein. For example, how do Surgebinders aquire Stormlight without highstorms?"

Malu turns around and fills a bowl with some (shelless) Rosharan stew and sets it down. "How do Surgebinders get Stormlight? Shenanigans. I honestly don't know. You'd need to ask someone more experienced here than me for that. I've just been working off of my supply in perfect gems for the time I've been here."

Edited by Invocation

"I see," said Aln, marking something in a small, worn notebook. "And do location based types of Investiture, such as AonDor, properly function here?" She pulled a thick book from her satchel and flipped it open to the chapter discussing AonDor.

13 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

"I see," said Aln, marking something in a small, worn notebook. "And do location based types of Investiture, such as AonDor, properly function here?" She pulled a thick book from her satchel and flipped it open to the chapter discussing AonDor.

"Don't get many Elantrians in here, least not as far as I know, but I'm pretty sure they work just fine."

Aln furrowed her brow. "Interesting." She took a bite of her stew as she recorded this in her notebook. She then looked up. "Do you happen to have a library here? Or perhaps a guild of scholars I could speak with? Much of this begs further research."

Edited by Rushu42
Typo

On 4/25/2019 at 9:37 PM, Invocation said:

They come from the Campaign thread.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:39 PM, MacThorstenson said:

They were magically teleported from the frozen mountains

On 4/26/2019 at 8:23 AM, Ark1002 said:

Yes.  I'm doing a thread-hop chase

Right after the yetis appeared, The air bent again.  This time, it was an army of seemingly normalish humans.  The man at their head was unmistakable.  Stormbreaker, god of protection.  He looked about in confusion, seeing where they were.  He looked up at the sign.  "Odd Job Tavern".  Strange.  He could only assume that this was a cruel trick of some epic.  He glanced at the army of yetis, and realized that it was much smaller.  Small enough, in fact, to fit in the crowded street.  He took a look at his own army, and noticed that it had also diminished in size.  Must be designed to fit the place, he thought.  His army included His top men; Edalb (now under his controllers control temporarily), Hasharan (also under his control), and Hasharan's elites.  Plus a few companies of men.  This would be difficult to explain.  He needed a drink.  He, Edalb, and Hasharan wandered in through the doors of the tavern.  Stormbreaker leaned on the counter, setting his helm down beside him.  "I need a stiff drink," he said to the bartender.

@Invocation

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln furrowed her brow. "Interesting." She took a bite of her stew as she recorded this in her notebook. She then looked up. "Do you happen to have a library here? Or perhaps a guild of scholars I could speak with? Much of this begs further research."

"There is a library somewhere around here. Probably just up the road. Everything seems to be. A guild of scholars, not so much. Maybe the Keepers or the Diagramists? I wouldn't know where to find either of them."

2 minutes ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Stormbreaker leaned on the counter, setting his helm down beside him.  "I need a stiff drink," he said to the bartender.

@Invocation

"How stiff are we talking?" Malu asked.

Edited by Invocation

Aln fished for a moment in a deep pocket, then pulled out the chip and passed it to Malu. "I hope to return here at some point, once I have investigated those institutions you mentioned. In the meantime, might you direct me to some lodging?"

Just now, Rushu42 said:

Aln fished for a moment in a deep pocket, then pulled out the chip and passed it to Malu. "I hope to return here at some point, once I have investigated those institutions you mentioned. In the meantime, might you direct me to some lodging?"

"Lodging? Can't help you, unless you want to stay in one of the parlors upstairs here," Malu chuckled, tucking the chip into his pocket.