Odd Job Tavern

Invocation

3 hours ago, BookishOcelot said:

Leona walked in, eyes widening. She'd never seen a place like this before. It was quite different from the Alethi taverns she'd been in. 

"Ah, I don't believe I recognize you. Is it your first time in here?"

1 hour ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"I'll have the soup with some chouta, and cider to drink." Dwig smiled, "And carrot cake for desert."

"Good choices." Malu pulls the requested items out and sets them down.

She considered this. Would it be suspicious if she ordered Rosharan food? They had chouta, they’ed likely have it all. 

“I suppose I’ll have the chouta, orange wine if you have it, and the carrot cake.” Quite similar to what her friend was ordering. Oh well. 

Just now, BookishOcelot said:

She considered this. Would it be suspicious if she ordered Rosharan food? They had chouta, they’ed likely have it all. 

“I suppose I’ll have the chouta, orange wine if you have it, and the carrot cake.” Quite similar to what her friend was ordering. Oh well. 

"Ah, Rosharan tastes. I don't blame you, Roshar has good food. I figured that out myself when I lived there." Malu set the choices down. "Hope you enjoy."

"Don't know. Maybe a library or something?" She shrugged. "I have some combat training. What I really have though is book knowledge. Tactics, mathematics, physics, astronomy, biology, literature, Rosharan history, and so on." She decided against mentioning her Radiancy. "What currency do they use here? All I got are spheres. Dun- no less."

Dwig reached into his pocket and removed a Cryst, spinning it over his fingers thoughtfully. Jobs... 

"You any good with engineering?" he asked, "I'm always looking for new people. As for money," he held up the glass coin "We use these. They're called Crysts, because they've got some kind of valuable crystal in them. That's what the denominations are based on. Sort of like spheres actually."

4 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

A man runs into the bar, screaming, then shoots a gun at the bartender, yelling about a "wrong that must be righted".

I certainly hope that crossing out means that this isn't happening, because I'm too busy to even advance the whole cult thing I have planned at the moment beyond the first thing that happened with the reopening post.

Just now, Ark1002 said:

Yeah, well, if it's happening I'm going to ignore it because I'm now out of my 30 minutes of free time I was able to afford for the next three weeks. 

Please have no emergencies I need to deal with in the meantime.

Yes, you, Ark. Especially you. Stop terrorizing my tavern with a flimsy justification that is only able to stand even slightly because I've been too busy to rectify it.

See you all in three or so weeks!

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

A man runs into the bar, screaming, then shoots a gun at the bartender, yelling about a "wrong that must be righted".

An ocd lawkeeper runs after the mysterious shooter, summoning his shard-blade and binding himself forward, uolding his half shard shield high. He is dressed in a quite snappy manner.

Nuemark walks through the tavern door. He evaluates everything in the room with a stern gaze and settles himself at a table with his back to the wall. 

Edited by ElendVenture

On 4/10/2019 at 1:09 AM, ElendVenture said:

Nuemark walks through the tavern door. He evaluates everything in the room with a stern gaze and settles himself at a table with his back to the wall. 

"Hello! Do you want anything to eat or drink?" Malu calls.

A small perpendicularly opened up in the ceiling of the tavern. As it began to expand, Nultuūk dropped through it, landing without a sound onto the ground beneath him. He looked around him, then grinned, glad to Transport where he actually intended to for once. He walked over to the bar, then started signing with his hands to his left. A spren popped out beside him, and began to speak. "Do you have any infused spheres on you? I have some dun ones that I can trade in."

18 hours ago, BookishOcelot said:

Adriana saw someone behind the bar. She had finished her food. "Hey!" she called. "How much do I owe you?"

"10 Chrysts. I can do exchange rates, if you need, but since your friend here seems to be paying for you, it shouldn't be an issue," Malu smiled.

Just want to point out that there are no people talking to Novus, hes schizophrenic and these are his delusions. Just for more clarity ill highlight a character that's delusional.

Novus entered the building which most people would call 'the odd job tavern'. He observed the place for a brief moment before  settling down at a table and taking out his messenger bag with a bunch of notes and his sacred book. Iva stood beside him, and she said "You can wait for our plans, we do not need to reveal the world our plans just yet". Novus did not agree "However, sister Iva, the world shall know eventually and we should not hide the true word". He had a schematic out of a cerebral structure along with his sacred book on the chapter about Kaedara. Eventually, he waved for a waitress while Iva looked disapproving and said "Hello dear, would you mind showing me where I could sign up for jobs, this is the odd-job tavern right?".  Kama looked rather watchful at Novus and was observing him, Novus didn't mind as he had to deal with Kama later anyways.

1 hour ago, Minato™ said:

"Hello dear, would you mind showing me where I could sign up for jobs, this is the odd-job tavern right?"

"Sure! The boards on the back wall are what you're looking for. The left board is offered jobs, the right board is people offering their services for someone to select."