Odd Job Tavern

Invocation

13 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Reylf pulled out enough chrysts to pay for his meal, noticing with alarm how empty his purse was. He'd have to find some way to earn more money soon.

"Your payment is appreciated."

3 minutes ago, Sunbringer said:

Jacien walks back into the tavern after his activity at Fortress Eternal, and sits down at a table, looking around at the crowd that day. 

"Ah, hello again. Quite busy in here today, isn't it?" Malu remarks as he walks up to your table.

20 minutes ago, Sunbringer said:

“Indeed it is. Lots of new faces. I don’t suppose there are any new listings?”

"Well, the guy at the bar next to the lady is in the process of listing himself for hire, but other that, no."

"Excuse me for just a second, it looks like they're harassing the new guy."

Edited by Invocation

1 hour ago, Invocation said:

"Alright, I'll need a synopsis of your skills and abilities, along with what kind of jobs you are willing to accept. An answer of all works just fine here, if you're up to it."

"Um, okay. I'm a pewter ferring, I have a Shardblade...I can do field surgery, and I can climb pretty much anything."

51 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Reylf pulled out enough chrysts to pay for his meal, noticing with alarm how empty his purse was. He'd have to find some way to earn more money soon.

He turned as a man with a shardblade walked in, followed by a woman. He eyed them appraisingly, then smiled. Never too early to start making friends.

"Hello," he said. "My name's Reylf. What's yours?"

Nael felt himself growing very nervous, caught between two people: the girl to his left, and the man--Reylf--to his right. "I...I'm Nael," he said in a quiet voice. "Nael Haydawn." He cracked an unsteady grin, backing away slowly.

3 hours ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

Sam marched to the bar taking the seat next to the new comer.

"Impressive. Do you know how to use it?" She said with a giggle. "Bartender, some cheesecake would be great." She smiled at the new guy, "and some water for me too." 

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Hello," he said. "My name's Reylf. What's yours?"

"Don't run off the poor guy by making him uncomfortable, you two."

5 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

"Um, okay. I'm a pewter ferring, I have a Shardblade...I can do field surgery, and I can climb pretty much anything."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Your listing is up."

Fae walked into the Tavern. She was currently filling her Pewtermind, so it was actually difficult for her to get the door open. She walked over to the bar, trying to stay a bit away from the group of people already there, and waited for the bartender to finish with their other customers before saying, "May I have a water please." Looking at the other tenants of the Tavern, Fae attuned the Rhythm of Curiosity. 

3 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

Nael dismissed his Shardblade. “Sorry. I’m not here to answer a listing, so add one, I guess?”

He looked at the girl. “Hi,” he said awkwardly, blushing. @Steel Inquisitive

"Hi." She replied and then promptly looked past him smiling at Reylf. "You can call me Sam." She peeked at Nael from the corner of her eyes however.

5 minutes ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

"Hi." She replied and then promptly looked past him smiling at Reylf. "You can call me Sam." She peeked at Nael from the corner of her eyes however.

“Sam,” Nael said to himself, testing out the name. “I like that.” Then he realized he had said it out loud, blushed again, and left to sit at another table, taking sips from his water.

Freedom pushed open the door to find an already fairly populated building. Storing away age, she currently looked around twenty, though without a mirror to double-check she never was exactly sure.

All the better. she thought. Lower chance of someone talking to me. 

She wasn't sure why she was there, but the sign had looked interesting. Now she was just hoping the place wouldn't explode with her in it.

1 minute ago, Silva said:

Freedom pushed open the door to find an already fairly populated building. Storing away age, she currently looked around twenty, though without a mirror to double-check she never was exactly sure.

All the better. she thought. Lower chance of someone talking to me. 

She wasn't sure why she was there, but the sign had looked interesting. Now she was just hoping the place wouldn't explode with her in it.

"Ah! Hello! Another person! Either this is a really abnormally busy day or word is spreading. Would you like anything to eat or drink? Perhaps you are waiting on company and would like a private parlor?"

1 minute ago, Invocation said:

"Ah! Hello! Another person! Either this is a really abnormally busy day or word is spreading. Would you like anything to eat or drink? Perhaps you are waiting on company and would like a private parlor?"

"Water would be good," she said. "I'll just stick around here for now if you don't mind."  

Jacien looks over at the small crowd gathering around one of the new guys, who looked decidedly uncomfortable. He looked over at Auri, who had grown up onto the wall next to him.

"What do you think? Should we go over and help him out, or make him more uncomfortable?" 

Jacien got the feeling that if Auri could roll her eyes, she would have.

"You're just going to do a little of both no matter what I say," she said in an exasperated tone.

"Right you are!" Jacien stood up and approached the small group.

"Hello, newcomers! My name's Jacien. What are yours?"

2 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

“Sam,” Nael said to himself, testing out the name. “I like that.” Then he realized he had said it out loud, blushed again, and left to sit at another table, taking sips from his water.

"Glad that you like....." And he was gone. She watched him move to another table. Well, I blew it again. She thought with a sigh. 

"Hello, newcomers! My name's Jacien. What are yours?" A man asked suddenly. Sam jumped inwardly. Focus! She reprimanded herself, tearing her eyes away from Nael.

"I'm Sam," she replied sticking out a hand.

Fae carefully picked up her glass of water and took a sip. She managed to spill some on herself, due to her hand shaking from the strain, and promptly stopped storing strength. Now with her full capabilities about her, she took another drink out of her cup, then surveyed the room. This place was quite busy. Perhaps other people had been contacted in regards to this job she had been told about. Though she wasn't sure what to look for, the informant had been pretty vague.

A small glass alcohol on the bar bench-top suddenly toppled onto its side like it’d been pushed, the liquid contents spilling out across the top. The flow outwards stopped, and the spilled alcohol began shaping itself in to words, like someone was directing the liquid with an invisible finger, drawing letters. When it was done, the lettered alcohol read:

The Haunt is here.

Suddenly the lights began to dim and flicker slightly as glasses of drinks from people (NPCs) all around the tables began cracking, then shattering. A chill, barely perceptible, hung in the air.

"If you're here to make trouble, I have to ask that you please don't, who- or whatever you are. Seriously. Have some decency. These poor people are just trying to eat, drink, and be merry, and in you come, breaking glasses and spilling drinks. Shame on you, random unnamed force." Malu was a little worried, but figured someone was just trying to make a scene and intimidate his customers.

8 hours ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

Sam turned scanning the room for anyone that wasn't panicking. She had her knives out and was ready if things got ugly. She decided to slip closer to Nael. Only because he had a shardblade she assured herself.

Nael grew uncomfortable again. Not because she scared him, but because he found her maybe kind of a little attractive.