Odd Job Tavern

Invocation

"My goodness but it's wonderful to meet another Scadrian so far from home" Someone said excitedly nearby, the other woman who'd ordered a port.

Laurelai smiled back to the woman, pausing briefly to concentrate before slipping into a much more convincing imitation of a Scadrian noble as she replaced her years of the study of Investitures with years of studying people and languages. She felt a momentary surge of Investiture a her Bane took hold, she felt a brief itching sensation over her skin and felt a scratch she'd received in the lab earlier closing over.

Well that could have been a lot worse.

"Someone else with more refined taste?" Laurelai asked. Her head tilted upwards to allow her to look down at the rest of the room, her back straightened and her face became a mask of impassive politeness. "Well that's something to toast to. What brings you here?"

She took another slow slip, savoring the taste.

@ZincAboutIt

13 hours ago, Voidus said:

"Someone else with more refined taste?" Laurelai asked. Her head tilted upwards to allow her to look down at the rest of the room, her back straightened and her face became a mask of impassive politeness. "Well that's something to toast to. What brings you here?"

She took another slow slip, savoring the taste.

@ZincAboutIt

Lita cocked her head at the woman - her accent was suddenly much more convincing.

Maybe you're just going crazy, she thought to herself. Maybe she actually IS a noblewoman. Or perhaps her hearing was failing without tin now, too. 

Well, she was in it now. She lifted her port towards the woman, then took a drink.

"Looking for work," Lita said. "Preferably the kind that funds my rather inconvenient taste for Scadrian port. And yourself?"

Edited by ZincAboutIt
a word

Three men were scratching their heads outside the tavern.

“This is where we’re supposed to find a gang?” One of them asked, a young man. He had a concealed coinpouch by his side, though he was no coinshot.

“Jarret hardly gets things wrong when he’s tapping,” an older man said. “Just his luck.” He paused, happy about his pun for a second while the first man shrugged and entered, and the two others followed. There were all types of people here, in all types of clothing, drinking drinks they’d never seen before. “Ay’ Pell,” the younger man said to the third person in the group, who was looking around with dark circles under his eyes. “Maybe you can finally find a girlfriend here, eh?”

Though they came for a purpose and were only here to hunt one man, that didn’t stop them from throwing banter around. “Says you,” Prowling Pell said with a tired grin. It was ironic seeing fatigue on the face of Pell, a bronze Ferring of all things. He was probably storing, stockpiling for when he’d need wakefulness for large stretches.

They arrived at the counter and looked towards the bartender. “Hey,” The young man said. “We were looking for some sort of new and upcoming gang here, and we were told to look here, is there anything you could tell us?”

26 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

They arrived at the counter and looked towards the bartender. “Hey,” The young man said. “We were looking for some sort of new and upcoming gang here, and we were told to look here, is there anything you could tell us?”

"I suspect you're looking for the Bloodflame Gang. There's a listing over on the board for any interested people to look at, should they choose."

Jacien hears again about someone trying to join the Bloodflame gang. Seriously! What was wrong with all these people?! Why would you just go join someone and give them your loyalty, when you have no idea about their motives! He had already had three friends go join.

Well, he might as well help them out. He slid over. 

“Hi! I can show you the way to their place.”

5 minutes ago, Sunbringer said:

“Hi! I can show you the way to their place.”

“Bloodflame?” The young man whispered to Pell. “Someone’s trying to be scary.”

Somebody walked up to them and offered to take them to the hideout. Which was lucky, to say the least. True lucky. Not even the kind of manipulated luck Jarret used with his Feruchemy.

Neither the young man nor Pell spoke, so the older man who seemed maybe five years their elder stepped in. “Thanks,” he said. His gaze was piercing, observant. They said Knife-eyes Jones could detect any lie. “We were looking for a friend of ours who might have joined. Red?”

Lita tapped her brassmind as the door swung open, shivering and giving up on storing anymore heat, especially with her tin on. Three men had just walked in, with a fourth not far behind. 

The first three looked like trouble, the kind of trouble Lita had read about in broadsheets as a girl back in Elendel. They had asked about some kind of Bloodflame Gang.

Sounds like a great way to get killed, she thought. With a name like "Bloodflame" though, at least you knew what you were in for. It looked like that fourth man was going to take them out of here.

Good, she thought, taking another sip of port and pulling her glasses down to the tip of her nose. She gave the three a quick once-over with a flare of tin. 

They are definitely trouble.

"Just taking a brief respite." Laurelai said, watching the other woman out of the corner of her eyes. "My duties have left me a little busy of late. But I try to take the time to treat myself when possible."

She watched as the other woman glanced towards the entrance, some other figures entering there.

Nervous? Or just cautious and keeping an eye on everyone? Or someone she knows? She made a few educated guesses, trying to piece together some parts of the womans history.

"I'm Laurelai by the way my dear, and what should I call my fellow lover of fine port?"

"Lita," she said, scaling back on the tin and looking back to the other woman. "Duties certainly do have a bad habit of getting in the way of leisure, don't they?"

Laurelai had a calculating face, and despite the tin Lita almost missed her glancing towards the door just after she had.

I underestimated this woman, Lita thought. If she really is a noble, perhaps she'll know someone who needs a good social spy.

Then she'd be able to buy more dresses. She felt herself smile at the thought of a new pair of dancing shoes, some earrings...

Focus, Lita! 

27 minutes ago, Sunbringer said:

This guy seemed super intense. 

“I don’t know everyone who’s joined, just three of them. If you want to go I’ll just take you now.”

Intense is one way to describe him :P 

“That’d be good,” he said. “It mustn’t be far then.”

The other two men nodded.

A man with a huge scar across his face walks in and sits at the bar. He slides a crumpled dirty piece of paper across the counter to the bartender. "Take this," he said. "Add it to your listings."

Spoiler

Galavian, a man willing to do absolutely anything for his own benefit wether it be money, information, or status. Accepts all three as payment. 

Is essentially iron man from infinity war. Only differences, Galavian can't shoot lasers, and Iron man can't lash things

To contact him, tag or PM @beantheboy12

14 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

A man with a huge scar across his face walks in and sits at the bar. He slides a crumpled dirty piece of paper across the counter to the bartender. "Take this," he said. "Add it to your listings."

Reveal hidden contents

Galavian, a man willing to do absolutely anything for his own benefit wether it be money, information, or status. Accepts all three as payment. 

To contact him, tag or PM @beantheboy12

"Absolutely."

Lena observed as some left, to look for the gang, and continued to sip her drink. Lita was still here, talking to someone else and she looked around. She didn't even know why she had come here. She'd wanted to escape, talk to someone, but then it was hard to talk to anybody when you were trying to get drunk.

She turned around, looked at the room and tried to think about something to do.

3 hours ago, Silva said:

"You were saying?"

Lena turned around and stared at the teen in front of her.

"Freedom?"

she asked dumbstruck.

"I thought you were here, but then you weren't and..."

she shook her head.

"I'm sorry. I have my head elsewhere right now."

"I just wanted to know how you are, and how the others are. We haven't seen each other in a while, and after everything blew up, I couldn't find you again."

49 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Lena turned around and stared at the teen in front of her.

"Freedom?"

she asked dumbstruck.

"I thought you were here, but then you weren't and..."

she shook her head.

"I'm sorry. I have my head elsewhere right now."

"I just wanted to know how you are, and how the others are. We haven't seen each other in a while, and after everything blew up, I couldn't find you again."

"We've been better, though mostly okay." Okay was an overstatement in some cases, but Freedom didn't want to elaborate too much. "It's been a long year. What about by you? How have the Thieves been?"

She pushed her stool back a bit so that the man to her left wouldn't be excluded from the conversation if he wanted to pipe up, ignoring the fact that Precious would have told her that she didn't need to keep up all manners in their best condition in front of a strange if she'd been there.