Odd Job Tavern

Invocation

Johnny fell through the ceiling and crashed onto a round table in the center of the room. While he wasn’t particularly heavy, he still fell far enough that the table collapsed on impact. Johnny coughed in the sawdust cloud pluming up from where he lay, dazed. A couple stray chips of wood lay on his black-and-green winter shirt, and blood leaked down his mouth and chin from his nose. 

Of course I managed to land on my face. Classic me.

He propped himself up on his knees, then stumbled to his feet. He looked down at the Portal Gun. One of it’s prongs was snapped in half, and another was gone entirely. He groaned, of course he broke it on his first go. He looked up at the ceiling. The orange portal stared back, mocking him. The ceiling of the wedding tent nervously watched from behind the orange borders. 

Of all the places to be, you chose to be on the ceiling. Typical. Speaking typical.

The orange portal flashed in response, then disappeared with a pop. Johnny looked down the Portal Gun. No lights, no response. It was dead, made sense that the portals would die with it.

Mourn later, you just fell from the ceiling and you’re bleeding profusely from the nose. Think about how many people just witnessed that.

Johnny finally looked around the room. Hard-looking men, women, and weird alien things sat around dirty wooden tables. Some looked in interest, some paid no heed, most seemed dangerous and hostile. Almost all of them had exotic armor on, had weapons strapped to them, had some crazy-colored aura, hair, or eyes, or some combination of all three.

I’ve fallen into the middle of the worst room ever.

TYPICAL.

13 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

He walked to the person who seemed in charge, hoping his red-haired friend was following him. “Can you please tell me where room 4 of this place is?”

"Walk up the stairs in corner, room four will be the second door on your right," Malu said, gesturing to the spiral staircase in the corner of the room.

22 minutes ago, The Technovore said:

Johnny fell through the ceiling and crashed onto a round table in the center of the room. While he wasn’t particularly heavy, he still fell far enough that the table collapsed on impact. Johnny coughed in the sawdust cloud pluming up from where he lay, dazed. A couple stray chips of wood lay on his black-and-green winter shirt, and blood leaked down his mouth and chin from his nose. 

Of course I managed to land on my face. Classic me.

He propped himself up on his knees, then stumbled to his feet. He looked down at the Portal Gun. One of it’s prongs was snapped in half, and another was gone entirely. He groaned, of course he broke it on his first go. He looked up at the ceiling. The orange portal stared back, mocking him. The ceiling of the wedding tent nervously watched from behind the orange borders. 

Of all the places to be, you chose to be on the ceiling. Typical. Speaking typical.

The orange portal flashed in response, then disappeared with a pop. Johnny looked down the Portal Gun. No lights, no response. It was dead, made sense that the portals would die with it.

Mourn later, you just fell from the ceiling and you’re bleeding profusely from the nose. Think about how many people just witnessed that.

Johnny finally looked around the room. Hard-looking men, women, and weird alien things sat around dirty wooden tables. Some looked in interest, some paid no heed, most seemed dangerous and hostile. Almost all of them had exotic armor on, had weapons strapped to them, had some crazy-colored aura, hair, or eyes, or some combination of all three.

I’ve fallen into the middle of the worst room ever.

TYPICAL.

"Are you okay?" Malu asked, not sure whether the issue of people falling through the ceiling is something to get worked up about.

Sam paced. Emotions boiling inside her. Outrage, betrayal, and then loneliness hit her sudden and biting. She slumped into a seat at the bar. "He left me! He didn't even talk to me before he left! Not even a note! I guess he didn't owe me anything. We had just met after all, but I thought we had hit it off." She babbled to the bartender, not even sure he was listening.

@Invocation

@Jaywalk

Edited by Steel Inquisitive

29 minutes ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

Sam paced. Emotions boiling inside her. Outrage, betrayal, and then loneliness hit her sudden and biting. She slumped into a seat at the bar. "He left me! He didn't even talk to me before he left! Not even a note! I guess he didn't owe me anything. We had just met after all, but I thought we had hit it off." She babbled to the bartender, not even sure he was listening.

@Invocation

@Jaywalk

To be continued. I wouldn’t be opposed to her tracking him down.

Lena entered the tavern and walked to the bar. She didn't check if the butler was following her, though she knew he would be there. She was still furious, desperate, unsure what to do know. She needed a plan, an idea, anything. Or at least something to drink without him looking over her shoulder.

"I need something to drink, please."

@Invocation

Edited by Sorana

Oh thank goodness, help at last! Johnny stumbled over to the bartender. “No! No I’m not okay!” He whispered urgently over the counter. “I’ve been kidnapped and taken to this bizarro place, my face is bleeding profusely, and everywhere I go the eyes follow!” 

Johnny looked desperately around the room. He balked when he saw Kidnapper guy at the door, smiling at him in that terrifyingly friendly way. He turned back to the bartender and whispered, “I just wanna get home! I don’t want anything to do with this! I—“

”Instantaneous transportation, fascinating. Well we can talk powers later.” Kidnapper guy sat on a barstool a few seats over and gestured for Johnny to come over. Johnny gave the bartender one last pleading look before slowly taking his seat next to Kidnapper guy.

@Invocation @Dr. Dapper

(Sorry for taking so long to get back to this. internet problems will sometimes take me out of commission <_<)

Jacien walked back into the tavern, exhausted. He had just had a very long night. Hopefully it would be worth it. He slumped down at a table and closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them again. He looked around. Most everything seemed to be normal, except for the broken table, nearly hysterical newcomer sitting next to Dwig, and Sam pacing and ranting at Malu.

2 hours ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

@Invocation

@Jaywalk

"Some people just do that. Kinda rude, but an unfortunate fact. Need some comfort food?"

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Lena entered the tavern and walked to the bar. She didn't check if the butler was following her, though she knew he would be there. She was still furious, desperate, unsure what to do know. She needed a plan, an idea, anything. Or at least something to drink without him looking over her shoulder.

"I need something to drink, please."

@Invocation

"Sure, what would you like? I've got just about everything back here."

18 minutes ago, The Technovore said:

Oh thank goodness, help at last! Johnny stumbled over to the bartender. “No! No I’m not okay!” He whispered urgently over the counter. “I’ve been kidnapped and taken to this bizarro place, my face is bleeding profusely, and everywhere I go the eyes follow!” 

Johnny looked desperately around the room. He balked when he saw Kidnapper guy at the door, smiling at him in that terrifyingly friendly way. He turned back to the bartender and whispered, “I just wanna get home! I don’t want anything to do with this! I—“

”Instantaneous transportation, fascinating. Well we can talk powers later.” Kidnapper guy sat on a barstool a few seats over and gestured for Johnny to come over. Johnny gave the bartender one last pleading look before slowly taking his seat next to Kidnapper guy.

@Invocation @Dr. Dapper

(Sorry for taking so long to get back to this. internet problems will sometimes take me out of commission <_<)

"Hey, hey, hold on, at least let me heal you before you get into some more shenanigans. You look like you could use it."

1 minute ago, Sunbringer said:

Jacien walked back into the tavern, exhausted. He had just had a very long night. Hopefully it would be worth it. He slumped down at a table and closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them again. He looked around. Most everything seemed to be normal, except for the broken table, nearly hysterical newcomer sitting next to Dwig, and Sam pacing and ranting at Malu.

"Do you need a bed, friend? You look exhausted."

5 minutes ago, Invocation said:

"Do you need a bed, friend? You look exhausted."

“No, I’m fine. Looking for people is tough.”

He looked over at Sam.

”Sorry about Nael. Last I heard he was going with the Bloodflame gang.”

He shook his head, a slight smile cracking his exhausted expression.

”That kid was not meant for a gang. Too unsure.”

@Invocation

@Steel Inquisitive

Edited by Sunbringer

Johnny glanced over at Kidnapper guy, who hadn’t said anything yet. He looked back at the bartender. “Heal me? Okay, sure, my face would definitely be grateful.” Johnny rested his chin in his hand. Wait but your face is blo— Too late. Johnny pulled his hand away, shocked at how much blood was on it. 

Dang I must look like a mess! Good thing this bartender guy cares.

Seems like bartenders are always just best people.

I wonder why that is?

Maybe it’s just the best people that choose to be bartenders.

Johnny continued this train of thought for way longer than was appropriate.

1 minute ago, The Technovore said:

Johnny glanced over at Kidnapper guy, who hadn’t said anything yet. He looked back at the bartender. “Heal me? Okay, sure, my face would definitely be grateful.” Johnny rested his chin in his hand. Wait but your face is blo— Too late. Johnny pulled his hand away, shocked at how much blood was on it. 

Dang I must look like a mess! Good thing this bartender guy cares.

Seems like bartenders are always just best people.

I wonder why that is?

Maybe it’s just the best people that choose to be bartenders.

Johnny continued this train of thought for way longer than was appropriate.

Malu sucked in a bit of Stormlight and sent a burst of Progression though the busted-up guy. "You should be good now! Please do not break any more of my tables."

4 minutes ago, Sunbringer said:

He looked over at Sam.

”Sorry about Nael. Last I heard he was going with the Bloodflame gang.”

He shook his head, a slight smile cracking his exhausted expression.

”That kid was not meant for a gang. Too unsure.”

@Invocation

@Steel Inquisitive

"A gang?!?" Sam covered her face. "He'll get eaten alive in there.... I guess I should go save him..... even though he's a moron.... a very capable moron..." Sam smiled, jumping from her seat she shouted over her shoulder, "thanks for the help!" And she was gone.

“I uh...”

?????

That dude totally just glowed! He glowed

Johnny touched his nose. It didn’t hurt. The guy did fix it! There was still blood all over his face though. Johnny wiped it up with the rag in his hand.

!!!!!

Johnny yelped, dropping the rag like it was on fire.

That’s the third time something’s randomly appeared!

He looked back at the broken Portal Gun he’d dropped on the floor.

And the second time it wasn’t even a real thing! 

How in the world did a Portal Gun end up in my arms? 

Why is the bartender magical?

Why is everyone so nonchalant about me dropping out of the ceiling?

SOMEBODY EXPLAIN SOMETHING!

Johnny put his head on the bar and groaned. “I promise not to break your tables,” he mumbled.

Jacien considers chasing after Sam, after all, he was supposed to work with Nael to find his run away employer, but then decided she probably didn’t want any help. He looked toward the new guy, who now seemed in the verge of a complete mental breakdown. 

Jacien walked over to him.

”Need some help figuring all this out?”

Johnny looked up, not sure how to respond. 

Did I not just explain to this guy how I was kidnapped and dragged here?

Wait.

*Gasp sound effect*

He’s in on it too!

Specks of course he is! What do I do?!

If I don’t play along, the guy behind me is probably just gonna snap my neck right here!

Typical Kidnapper move!

Obivously I need to play along. Keep it cool, keep it cool.

”U-uh yea! I guess—“ Johnny coughed, a cough that bred another one, and another one.

Stop coughing you idiot!

”Y-yea... you could say I’m.. pretty new.” Johnny said, his wavering voice and uncertainty abundantly obvious.

Pfft. Nailed it.

Another guy walked up to him. “Need some help figuring all this out?”

Gah! Why is everyone so flipping helpful here?!

“Yes! Help! Help is good yes I would like some help.”

You’re completely unreadable Johnny.

Why thank you Johnny.

Edited by The Technovore

2 minutes ago, The Technovore said:

Johnny looked up, not sure how to respond. 

Did I not just explain to this guy how I was kidnapped and dragged here?

Wait.

*Gasp sound effect*

He’s in on it too!

Specks of course he is! What do I do?!

If I don’t play along, the guy behind me is probably just gonna snap my neck right here!

Typical Kidnapper move!

Obivously I need to play along. Keep it cool, keep it cool.

”U-uh yea! I guess—“ Johnny coughed, a cough that bred another one, and another one.

Stop coughing you idiot!

”Y-yea... you could say I’m.. pretty new.” Johnny said, his wavering voice and uncertainty abundantly obvious.

Pfft. Nailed it.

"Oh, right, you said something about kidnapping. Yeah, I can see how that would be disorienting. Basically you're in a place that has people from everywhere. I'm not sure this place technically exists, because it certainly shouldn't, but it does anyway. Like for example, look at this little rainbow right next to you on the bar here. That's Katki, my spren. Say hi, Katki."

"Hello random kidnapped person! You're funny!" Katki says, despite having no mouth.

"Lots of strange things here. Honestly, the best thing for it is to go out and explore."