#Tent- MY CHARACTER IS GETTING MARRIED

Ark1002

He grinned at Max. "Tena's... great. I haven't ever been happier. Sometimes she gets a bit... overprotective. And I wouldn't even change that. I love her." He smiled. He enjoyed talking with Max, even though he knew he should probably go greet other guests. So he just stayed. "I've lived with her ever since I... Awoke. We get along great, for the most part. And, she's going to have my child, which amazes me."

@I think I am here.

42 minutes ago, #Voidapple said:

He grinned at Max. "Tena's... great. I haven't ever been happier. Sometimes she gets a bit... overprotective. And I wouldn't even change that. I love her." He smiled. He enjoyed talking with Max, even though he knew he should probably go greet other guests. So he just stayed. "I've lived with her ever since I... Awoke. We get along great, for the most part. And, she's going to have my child, which amazes me."

@I think I am here.

Max nodded, returning the grin. “Yeah, the whole idea of having a kid, your kid, is well... I don’t know how to describe it. Amazement, I guess. Like how you put it.” He wondered what Anthony meant by Awoke. Was that when he stopped being evil? He thought about what Anthony had said, that he loved Tena even if she was over-protective, and smiled. That was the sign of a good couple. “You and Tena seem really happy together,” he said. “You guys deserve it. This is your wedding day, so have fun!” He laughed. “This day only comes once.”

Lusk just sort of hung around. He wanted to talk to the couple, but it seems they were talking with others. Did no one want to talk with him? Classical. Of course. Without a doubt. He wandered the wedding. “Hello, everyone,” he said, though no one really turned their head in his direction. “How are you?” He said to no one, his voice becoming quieter. “I’m an Atium ferring, in case you’re into that sort of thing.” But no one listened. And Lusk felt empty.

Edited by I think I am here.

Anthony smiled, laughing. "Yes, I plan on it. You two should come over some time. Now, if you will excuse me, I must greet the other guests." He turned, smiling at Tena, then slowly walked, still grinning, over to Mr. Amber. He still couldn't believe it. He was getting married. He was having a child. The combination was... breathtaking. He just couldn't wrap his mind around it. He suspected only time would help. So, with a smile on his face, he spoke. "Thanks for your help with the wedding. I don't know I could have done it without you." He carefully looked at the fountains. "I sense your touch in this..."

@Life&Death @I think I am here. @AxeliustheGreat

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Lusk just sort of hung around. He wanted to talk to the couple, but it seems they were talking with others. Did no one want to talk with him? Classical. Of course. Without a doubt. He wandered the wedding. “Hello, everyone,” he said, though no one really turned their head in his direction. “How are you?” He said to no one, his voice becoming quieter. “I’m an Atium ferring, in case you’re into that sort of thing.” But no one listened. And Lusk felt empty.

Althea smiled apologetically at Tena.

"Sorry, I need to have a word with that guy. He's hurting Max."

She walked over to Lusk and looked at him for a moment. Finally he had separated himself from the others a bit.

"We need to talk, if you have a moment?"

29 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"We need to talk, if you have a moment?"

Lusk turned to somebody speaking to him. He raised an eyebrow at a woman decked in sunglasses and long-sleeved clothes. “Yes?” He said.

Then it clicked. The Righthand. Lusk hadn’t known she was in the wedding. He had been focusing on Nolastname. “Oh, hello Ms. Tenira,” he said. “What did you want to say?”

8 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Oh, hello Ms. Tenira,” he said. “What did you want to say?”

Althea thought about her words for a moment and then realized there was no good way for this. But not acting at all, would have been worse.

"I don't want to intrude in the way you lead your subordinates too much, but I'd appreciate it, if you'd stop mocking my husband."

51 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"I don't want to intrude in the way you lead your subordinates too much, but I'd appreciate it, if you'd stop mocking my husband."

Lusk blinked when he realised she was talking about Max. “Well, thank you for saying you wouldn’t intrude then immediately intruding,” Lusk said tiredly. Maybe a year ago he would have said with more ego. “But I don’t think I remember mocking Nolastna— Max at all. He’s simply been someone who works under me. What do you seem to be saying?” Lusk narrowed his eyes and stood up a little straighter. Rusting Nolastname. “And it seems a little curious that an ambitious Ghostblood like him would marry the Righthand of the same organisation. Eager for a promotion, huh?” He said with a suppressed grin. He still had a little of the spirit left in him. “But of course, I bet he still says he loves you.”

“I don’t think I do,” Lusk said, eyes gleaming.

It was a balance he had to maintain, a line he had to walk. How to say what he needed in a way that wasn’t flat out name-calling.

“Besides, don’t know if you know, but I’ve been... away for the past year. Nolastname works under someone different now, has been for a year, though I assure you I am trying to regain the position.” He stopped, tried to think of what to say to her, how to push her buttons. He’d invoked the rage on all of his doctors until they tried to harm him and were fired, so he had practice. “Althea Tenira,” he said. “No external family, correct?” He smiled. “Of course Nolastname would jump onto that, manipulate that. Manipulate you. And you would accept him.”

@Sorana

A man with light skin and blond hair walked past Mr Amber, watching the proceedings of the wedding, intrigued. The man was tall and built like a fighter, with tattoos around his eyes.

That man was currently Hellbent. 

So, this is your wedding

I don't marry

You just did

That's not me

Mind if I take over for the wedding gift? You seem... agitated

Rightly so.

My turn.

Hellbent closed his eyes.

Devaan opened his eyes and walked passed Lusk, giving a nod to him until he reached Tena, slipping a ring in her pocket silently, years of pickpocketing in the final empire trained him to be able to slip things into pockets as well as out. He also put in a note. 

A wedding gift. -Hellbent

He did the same to Anthony.

A wedding gift -Sheonar

He walked to the edge of the room, winking at Althea as he did so.

Why did you wink at a random woman?

Informants suggest she's Max's spouse. I was too dead to attend the wedding.

Devaan beckoned Althea over and waited patiently for the conversation to finish.

@AxeliustheGreat @#Voidapple

Edited by Nohadon

Max nodded as Anthony walked away to talk to other guests. Althea went to talk with Lusk, and Max was left to his own devices. He looked around, saw a man walk in and wink at her. He moved to a separate place and signalled for her to come to him. Just a misunderstanding, I guess. Maybe he didn’t know she was married.

He walked towards the man, who had tattoos around his eyes. “Hey,” he said. 

@Nohadon

8 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Max nodded as Anthony walked away to talk to other guests. Althea went to talk with Lusk, and Max was left to his own devices. He looked around, saw a man walk in and wink at her. He moved to a separate place and signalled for her to come to him. Just a misunderstanding, I guess. Maybe he didn’t know she was married.

He walked towards the man, who had tattoos around his eyes. “Hey,” he said. 

@Nohadon

That's Max, right?

Yeah.

"Hey, It's been a while. You probably don't recognise me."

Devaan smiled.

"I heard your a leader of the canton of combat. Operations, right? How are the squads looking so far?"

12 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

That's Max, right?

Yeah.

"Hey, It's been a while. You probably don't recognise me."

Devaan smiled.

"I heard your a leader of the canton of combat. Operations, right? How are the squads looking so far?"

The man smiled and Max returned the gesture. The man had somehow changed the topic of discussion to the Canton. 

“I am,” he said. “And great. One and a bit years of training sharpen even the worst. We have a while to go, but we’re off to a good start.” He shook his head and smiled. I’m sorry, who were you again?”

5 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

The man smiled and Max returned the gesture. The man had somehow changed the topic of discussion to the Canton. 

“I am,” he said. “And great. One and a bit years of training sharpen even the worst. We have a while to go, but we’re off to a good start.” He shook his head and smiled. I’m sorry, who were you again?”

"Yes" Devaan nodded.

"I can't say I've ever met the missus. How's married life treating you?"

You aren't telling him who you are?

I will soon, just not in this crowded environment

Interesting

7 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"Yes" Devaan nodded.

"I can't say I've ever met the missus. How's married life treating you?"

You aren't telling him who you are?

I will soon, just not in this crowded environment

Interesting

Max blinked. Yes? The man dodged the question and asked Max about Althea. So he knew Max was married. So no misunderstanding, then. “Married life is great,” he said, looking at the tattooed man. “Thea is great - that’s my wife, Althea. One year of happiness.” He realised the man might not answer what his name was, like he’d dodged the other questions.

“Where did I meet you?” Max said. “I would’ve thought I’d remember you, you know, by the tattoos.”

17 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"We first met some time ago, you were a boy back then." Devaan grinned.

"You were quieter, almost shy. I'm going to go for a walk, care to join me?" Devaan pointedly looked at the crowd of people.

Max nodded. When he was young. Under Devaan, probably. When he’d been afraid of Hemalurgy, when he’d had Mara. A different time. “Sure,” he said. He looked to where Althea was. He tried to catch her eye, and waved. He wasn’t leaving the wedding completely, just for a walk. “Let’s go?” He said.

Devaan led Max out of the building and they walked along the streets of alley city, cutting through, yes, an alley to get to the back of the building.

And of course, someone tried to mug them.

"Money please" A woman wearing brown leather said, a knife glinted in one hand.

"Sarah, go home. Or I'll tell your husband you've been muggin' people"

The mugger, apparently called Sarah's eyes widened and she scurried off.

"So, Max, are you familiar with Returneds?" He asked his old pupil

@I think I am here.

Edited by Nohadon

Max observed the scene, with curious eyes. Whoever the tattooed man was, he had access to a lot of information, to know Max was married when he’d only met him as a kid, to know a random muggers name and marriage.

“A little,” he said. “People who come back to life. Can heal people. Why?”

Devaan took a deep breath.

"This is going to be hard to believe"

Devaan took a small card out of his pocket and handed it to Max. It was a steel playing card, with a bladed edge.

"It's me, Max."

"I'm back, and I've got some stuff to tell you"

@I think I am here.

Edited by Nohadon

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“I don’t think I do,” Lusk said, eyes gleaming.

It was a balance he had to maintain, a line he had to walk. How to say what he needed in a way that wasn’t flat out name-calling.

“Besides, don’t know if you know, but I’ve been... away for the past year. Nolastname works under someone different now, has been for a year, though I assure you I am trying to regain the position.” He stopped, tried to think of what to say to her, how to push her buttons. He’d invoked the rage on all of his doctors until they tried to harm him and were fired, so he had practice. “Althea Tenira,” he said. “No external family, correct?” He smiled. “Of course Nolastname would jump onto that, manipulate that. Manipulate you. And you would accept him.”

@Sorana

Althea kept her face impassive, something she had perfected over the years. His words - hurt. She knew they were wrong and yet, she also knew there was truth in them. Not in Max manipulating her, but in herself accepting the first one that had shown her kindness. After he - Oasis again. She shut that thought away. Actually there was a lot less truth in his words, than he tried to make her believe.

For a moment she hesitated, then shook her head. This was going exactly how she had imagined, a catastrophy. But the thought of Max, of his reaction, she couldn't take it, not after everything that happened.

"Alright. So let's talk frankly about this. You leave him alone. No waving through a hall, no forced conversations or whatever you find entertaining. Just leave him alone. You do a good job, and I appreciate the work you've done so far - but you are by no means unique."