#Tent- MY CHARACTER IS GETTING MARRIED

Ark1002

Dru cautiously walked over to the woman who had been ranting about recreating a universe or something, then thrown up. "You okay?" she asked the woman. 

Seom's grandfather, Lenare, walked over and made a face at the vomit (he probably didn't approve of it (though that wouldn't be a surprise)), then the mess disappeared. "Next time," he said in an amused tone to the woman, "avoid throwing up during weddings. It makes the newlyweds suspicious of your opinion of them." As he went back to the table, Dru heard him muttering, "I hate Soulcasting that sort of thing."

"You okay, though?" Dru repeated to the woman.

@Le Sigh

The woman looked up, feeling sick to the stomach. "Yes... yes, I think I will be alright. I just had to catch my breath..."

Then, as another man reprimanded her in an amused tone, saying "Next time, avoid throwing up during weddings," she started. "What?!" she asked. As she looked around, she realized that this was, indeed, a wedding. The woman who'd spoken to her appeared to be the bride. Many of the other guests were looking at her with disgust.

"Agh!" the woman cried, slapping her forehead. "I am so terribly sorry! I did not realize this was a wedding, or I would not have done that."

@AxeliustheGreat

Dru is speaking to you, not Tena. Dru is quite distinctly not Tena, who is talking to her husband. And has a fancy bracelet. 

"It's alright," Dru said, helping the woman to her feet. "Well, since you're here, you might as well eat something." Dru gestured at the food tables. "What's your name, anyway?"

@Le Sigh

"Yes... thank you very much, I'm so sorry for all the trouble," the woman said as the bride helped her to her feet. "My name is Anna, and yes, some food would be very nice indeed."

After getting up, Anna immediately went to wear the food was located and began piling food onto her plate.

He smiled at Silas, who disappeared quickly. Wait... wife? Twins? He grinned at Tena, trying to push down the urge to hurl, like that strange woman. He did feel, somehow, happy. That was good. "Looks like your son is all grown up. Shall we greet Max and Althea?" He turned, walking over. "Sorry about that. Hello, how are you?"

@AxeliustheGreat @Sorana @I think I am here.

Tena made a rueful face at Ani's back, then smiled slightly to herself, muttering, too quiet for Ani to hear, "I may love you, but are such a flighty guy." She didn't mind much. It wasn't a big deal. Sweetheart that he is, I can't be even remotely mad at him for very long. She walked at Ani's side back to Max and Althea's table, quietly humming to herself. 

Some woman had thrown up on the ground, but Lenare had Soulcast it into air, most likely. She nodded at Lenare. I owe you for that one. Lenare shook his head, understandingher meaning and dispelling her offer. It's fine. Wasn't a trouble.

3 minutes ago, #Voidapple said:

He smiled at Silas, who disappeared quickly. Wait... wife? Twins? He grinned at Tena, trying to push down the urge to hurl, like that strange woman. He did feel, somehow, happy. That was good. "Looks like your son is all grown up. Shall we greet Max and Althea?" He turned, walking over. "Sorry about that. Hello, how are you?"

@AxeliustheGreat @Sorana @I think I am here.

Lusk was left bewildered as the couple ignored him and went to greet Nolastname and.., his wife? Nolastname had a wife? Oh, he had to see this. As he followed the groom to Nolastname, he waved from behind and smiled. Max in turn began to look very uncomfortable.

Max waited with Althea, and when Anthony arrived hs smiled. “Never been better,” he replied. “What about you? Congratulations on the marriage.” He said the last line to both of them, looking at Tena as well. “You know -” he was cut off as Lusk appeared in the distance, waving at Max. Max clenched his teeth. “Sorry,” he said to Anthony and Tena quickly. “I didn’t know when you guys said you’d invite everyone, you’d even invite... people like him.”

11 minutes ago, #Voidapple said:

Anthony turned, looking at Lusk. "I was honest when I said I would invite everyone. But I fail to see what is wrong with this strange old man."

@I think I am here. @Sorana @AxeliustheGreat

Lusk smiled and stepped forward, relying on his cane to keep him up. His year at the hospital had still left his once-athletic physique instact, but he was noticeably weaker than before. “I only taught him everything he knew about Rioting,” he said.

“That was Devaan,” Max said, tense.

“Oh, I taught you the real stuff,” Lusk said. His eyes gleamed.

You locked me in a cupboard underwater, Max wanted to say. Until I could Riot an innocent Spiked man to swim and let me out. The man had drowned, and Max had lived, and Lusk had clapped.

But instead, he sighed, glancing apologetically at the couple. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be a downer.” He smiled. “We have personal issues, though I’m surprised he hasn’t managed to make a personal enemy of everyone in this wedding yet.” He Rioted a bit more happiness subtly around the wedding, if only to distract himself.

Edited by I think I am here.

"It's fine," Tena said. "Personal issues come up all the time during emotional moments. Ani had a problem just a moment ago." She leaned on Anthony's arm and wrapped her arms around it. Having a man this big was primarily useful because he was like a giant stuffed animal sometimes, and like a raging bear when he got mad at other people other times. She smiled faintly and grunted as her baby kicked. Again. Gorramn it, just be still, she told the baby silently. This is important. It means that you'll be born inside of a marriage, so chill. The baby, of course, didn't listen, so Tena just closed her eyes.

Althea followed the exchange between Max and Lusk and then focused on the reason she was here.

She smiled at them, tried to find the right words.

"Congratulations. I hope you will find everything you wish for in this marriage. You look fantastic, both of you."

She stepped closer to Tena.

"Do you think you have a moment for me? Maybe tomorrow or whenever it fits?"

Anthony smiled at her, though concern graced his eyes. He could see pain within them, and wanted it to just stop. He brushed his lips against her forehead, then smiled, stepping back so Tena could to Althea, and strolled back to Max. "I trust your marriage has been going well?" That was something he needed to hear. His second day since he had Awoke, and that had been what he had done. It was like an omen to him, almost. The fact that they were there was a good sign, he hoped.

@I think I am here. @AxeliustheGreat

Althea followed Tena to a place, looked at her hands, unsure how to start.

"So, Max and I talked. About children."

She stopped, tried again.

"I don't know what it means to be a mother, what I should prepare for, should I get... So I wanted to ask if..."

With a sigh she shook her head. She was messing this up.

"Do you have some advice? It really isn't urgent, but you're the only mother I know..."

She fell silent, hoped Tena understood.

"Oh, you're just worried," Tena said with a slight grin on her face. "That's quite normal. Y'see, you're not supposed to know what you're doing when you have children. That ends bad sometimes, but other times it works out just fine. If you want to have kids, the two most important things are patience and discipline. No, I'm not talking about cruel discipline, but sometimes, you just have to... well, that's not important for the first years. You just have to remember to be there for your kid and not ignore them. Hold your baby if it starts crying, and don't try to teach it any lessons at that age. Ask for other people to come and take care of your baby if it gets to be too much, but just be as patient as you can. 

"Also, reflect on how your parents raised you. What mistakes they made, how you can improve on them. If there were things they did heinously wrong, keep those in mind. 

"But what really matters is that you are with your child as often as you can be, so they develop a closeness with you so that they know that you can rely on you later in life. Parenting changes as your kid grows up-- I happen to have experience raising a kid through the teenage years-- but early on you've just got to be with them." 

Tena took a few long breaths and smiled at Althea. "Sorry, I was rambling. But that's what I know about it. Anything else?" 

@Sorana

The chocolate fountains looked like a hit, and many guests were enjoying his refreshments. Nodding to himself Mr Amber sat down off to the side and watched the party. Knowing this group, fights could possibly break out or a army would attack. 

“Prime all defense systems.” Mr Amber spoke into his fabrial communicator. Each chocolate fountain was equipped with top of the line missle and laser systems. With pamphlets in case of librarian attacks. You could never be too careful.

"I grew up in an orphanage. I never had parents. They gave me away shortly after I was born."

She told Tena quietly. Looked over to where Max was standing and smiled thoughfully.

"He's the first family I ever had."

"Be with my child. Patience and discipline. Ask for help."

She smiled at Tena.

"Thank you. That sounds like I can do it."

@AxeliustheGreat

"Oh, right," Tena said, remembering an important part. "I haven't tried this myself, but make sure your husband also helps. He's important too, and he would be the child's father. Make sure the baby knows that it has two parents, not just its mother or father. Other than that, be strong and everything'll turn out alright."

@Sorana

Returned checked his watch, then, surprised at the time, left quickly

——

17 hours ago, Silva said:

Tanel noticed Freedom's pained expression. "Is everything alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, fine," she said.

"You don't look it," Tanel said. 

"I'm just trying to figure things out," she said. "Big stuff. Big and philosophical."

Philosophical was the key word. She knew Tanel was no good with the abstract and therefore would cease to try to help. He had a feeling she wanted to try figuring this out on her own.

"Okay," he said. "I'll leave you to it."

"Thanks," Freedom said. She walked away and took a seat somewhere. 

Tanel wandered over to the chocolate fountains. Best to get something out of this, even if it was just food.

"Hello," he said to the man already there. 

@King Taravangian

Darkness looked over at the woman who had just spoken to him.  "Hi," he said, "who the sparks are you?"

Makc and Mackc ran over to Maq to stop him from smashing rocks long enough to look around. 

Makc softly spoke to him, with the music stopping as soon as he started. "Dude, we are at a wedding stop with the science." 

Maq looked around, "But I am this close to a breakthrough, just let me- wait a second, that persons interesting." He dropped the rock and pushed through the other Mc's in pursuit of the weird spirit web he had seen.

Unfortunately he walked into a table that he couldn't see. Then tripped on a rock. Finally, he made it to where the girl was sitting. With the other Mc's close behind.

"Hello, I'm Maq," He said, introducing himself. Pointing to his companions and the petri dish, he said "This is Mackc, Makc, and Makck.

Your spiritweb is incredibly unique, what exactly is going on with that?"

@Le Sigh

Edited by MacThorstenson
Forgot to let them know I was talking to them

5 hours ago, King Taravangian said:

Darkness looked over at the woman who had just spoken to him.  "Hi," he said, "who the sparks are you?"

Not a woman. A guy. 

Tanel skewered a strawberry on a stick and let the chocolate flow over it. "Tanel Wered," he said. "And you?"

10 hours ago, #Voidapple said:

Anthony smiled at her, though concern graced his eyes. He could see pain within them, and wanted it to just stop. He brushed his lips against her forehead, then smiled, stepping back so Tena could to Althea, and strolled back to Max. "I trust your marriage has been going well?" That was something he needed to hear. His second day since he had Awoke, and that had been what he had done. It was like an omen to him, almost. The fact that they were there was a good sign, he hoped.

@I think I am here.

10 hours ago, #Voidapple said:

Max nodded, leaning against an empty table.

“Yeah, it’s been going great. We just had our first anniversary a short while ago, which was amazing, and we’ve found a house near Alleycity that we’ve moved into. It’s great. But,” he moved to pat Anthony on the shoulder before realising how tall he was. “This is about your wedding, man. How’s it like with you and Tena?”