#Tent- MY CHARACTER IS GETTING MARRIED

Ark1002

"O.K. now Tenareo put the ring on the first finger of the right hand of the groom and say: 'With this ring you are here by hallowed to me'."

"With this ring you are here by hallowed to me"  

"Hallowed. Hallowed. Hallowed." Luwadan boomed.

"Now we shall read the marriage contract: on the twenty eighth day of the month of vinuarch In the city of Alleyverse I the bride, Tenareo daughter of Lenare, promise from this day on to the groom, Anthony son of alexander, to provide for him, to cloth him and to cherish him and in case of breaking this contract I will pay him the amount of two hundred sky broams.

Here is the signature of the witnesses Dru and Mr. Amber."

He handed the paper to Tenareo.

"Give him the contract, it's his to keep."

"Now we shall make a blessing on the cup of wine.  

Blessed be you, Adonalsium our god, king of the universe, which created all to honor himself.

Blessed be you, Adonalsium our god, king of the universe, creator of mankind.

Blessed be you, Adonalsium our god, king of the universe that created man in his own image and form, and made out of him an everlasting edifice.

Blessed be you, Adonalsium our god, king of the universe, who created joy and delight, groom and bride, gladness song amusement and exultation. Love and brotherhood peace and friendship. Blessed be you, Adonalsium our god, who rejoices groom and bride."

Again he gave them the cup to take a sip each, then Luwadan downed the whole thing and put it on the ground. "Step on it." He ordered Anthony.

Anthony did so.

The cup shuttered.

"We do that to remind you that sometimes life is hard but fear not, you will emerge from them because you are happy. Congratulations."

Nothing more is needed, in the first place the only thing needed was the consent.

Great gods above, there are a lot of words this guy needs to say to marry us. Really religious. But she didn’t really care how religious the guy was, as long as she could say that Anthony was her husband. 

He is. He’s my husband now. Okay. I’ve succeeded in life. I have the best husband. She breathed for a moment, looking straight in front of her, at Anthony’s suit, then took a half step forward and pressed her forehead against his the fabric of his shirt. She gasped out a little hurf, then stepped slightly away. I’d kiss him right now, but... She looked up, way up, to meet his eyes. That’s kinda impossible.

She faintly wondered if she had to do anything else, but instead of asking, she just stood there and fought through a torrent of conflicting thoughts to get to her senses again. I guess this time Ani is going to have to do something.

@#Voidapple

Althea hastened into the room, only to realiza she was too late. Storms. She shouldn't have...

It didn't matter. Quietly she joined Max and shot him an apologetic glance. She could at least congratulate them, even if she had missed the ceremony.

Dru started clapping, and gave Seom a look that made the tall woman start as well. Dru couldn't fathom why Seom was so unenthusiastic, with Tena beaming up at Anthony like her entire world had just been made right by having him as her husband. This is so big, Dru thought. It's really important to Tena and Anthony, why can't Seom just be excited? What sort of pessimist must she be?

Seom found it a little irritating, to have to be clapping for something this small, but Dru had insisted. Seom also couldn't stand the way Tena was completely unaware of her surroundings, just staring up at her husband's face. Tena was a strong woman, so why did she want to subjugate herself to Anthony's will? She looked like she could take just fine care of herself, so why didn't she?

Oh, right. Tena's stomach was seriously threatening to burst with the bulk of her pregnancy. Seom couldn't imagine how uncomfortable that must be, carrying around a baby for nine months non-stop. Maybe she just needed Anthony so he could take care of her baby after it was born. That would make sense. 

Almighty above, I still don't know why she's looking at him like that. I hope I never look at someone with as much warm fuzziness as she does. 

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

Anthony smiled, staring into her eyes. "I love you." He... was married. "I love you so much." He smiled. He... was a married man. He had just gotten married. And he could hardly believe it... the smile spread, becoming a wild smile, laughing. "We should greet the guests." He turned, looking at Max, who he saw clapping. He walked there first, assuming Tena would follow. "Hello."

@I think I am here. @AxeliustheGreat @Sorana

Returned, sitting in the back because of his bulky form, stood up and clapped as the couple passed by.  He was almost as tall as the groom.  He thought with amusement that that usually wasn't the case. 

——

Darkness hastened up out of his seat as soon as the ceremony was over, and headed straight for the chocolate fountains.  He barely spared a glance for the newlyweds.

Tanel noticed Freedom's pained expression. "Is everything alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, fine," she said.

"You don't look it," Tanel said. 

"I'm just trying to figure things out," she said. "Big stuff. Big and philosophical."

Philosophical was the key word. She knew Tanel was no good with the abstract and therefore would cease to try to help. He had a feeling she wanted to try figuring this out on her own.

"Okay," he said. "I'll leave you to it."

"Thanks," Freedom said. She walked away and took a seat somewhere. 

Tanel wandered over to the chocolate fountains. Best to get something out of this, even if it was just food.

"Hello," he said to the man already there. 

@King Taravangian

Edited by Silva

8 hours ago, #Voidapple said:

Anthony smiled, staring into her eyes. "I love you." He... was married. "I love you so much." He smiled. He... was a married man. He had just gotten married. And he could hardly believe it... the smile spread, becoming a wild smile, laughing. "We should greet the guests." He turned, looking at Max, who he saw clapping. He walked there first, assuming Tena would follow. "Hello."

@I think I am here. @AxeliustheGreat @Sorana

Itiah, Sorana, could one of you please respond to this?

@I think I am here. @Sorana

Tena turned and walked over to the table where her grandfather was sitting, then settled in an empty chair. Those two girls, Seom and Dru, went back to their original spots. 

"So, Travis," Tena said to her ex-boyfriend, "who's this?" She gestured at Seom. 

"My daughter," Travis said simply. 

Tena was confused. He has a daughter? Who's the mother? But wait, wasn't Seom my number-one name for that second girl I miscarried? "You used the name I was going to give to our daughter, if she hadn't died." 

Travis winced, and set his distinctly-blue hand on the table. "Yeah, I know. Sorry." Why does he sound so guilty?

"This isn't a good sub--" Lenare interrupted. 

"No, wait, why was she calling you her grandfather?" Tena cut in. Did he decide to pretend that she was his granddaughter out of sympathy for Travis? But Travis never seemed terribly torn-up over the death, just as impassive and calm as ever. How did he manage? I was an emotional mess for a super long time. 

"Travis's parents didn't approve of her mother, and he had to work all the time, so I took care of her often after her mother died," Lenare explained in a reasonable voice. "As a favor for him keeping you out of trouble for those years."

Huh. That actually made sense, and explained why Lenare hadn't found her up until a little while ago. 

Wait. He'd said that Seom's mother had died. Poor girl. Tena almost said it aloud, but old instincts held her back. Anthony is infecting me with his sincerity, isn't he. Thinking of him made her realize that she hadn't introduced him properly to Travis, so she called to Anthony, "Hey, honey, come over here. I want you to meet someone."

Pretend that he has to pass by Freedom's table to get to where Tena is.

@#Voidapple 

Silva, prepare to run. I have someone standing by to get everyone out in time.

@Silva

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

He turned, shooting an apologetic glance at Max and Althea, and walked over. During the walk, he stepped past the table of the girl. A flash filled his brain, and he remembered the smell of burning flesh, the sociopathic love of the pain, the metal digging into her forhead. Him, beating the girl. Breathing extremely heavily, he looked at the girl, a look of pain in his eyes. "I'm so sorry..." But at the same time... didn't a little part of him want to hurt her?

@Silva @AxeliustheGreat

I should've brought Light instead. Would have been so much better.

Oh storming rusting crem-filled ruinous- Freedom cut off the string of curses before it could get even more explicit.

"You." she said, glaring hard at Anthony. Any sympathy she'd even been half-considering went out the window. Then she stopped storing away age and reverted to her normal. Thirteen years old. "Is that all you have to say to me? It's like you can't even comprehend completely what you've done."

She stood up. Her hands were trembling so she stuck them behind her back to hide it. "Pry blames herself. Light's scared of herself. Precious is working herself half to death trying to help. Unity won't talk to anyone. Brethren and Dawn hear voices. Lineage tries to forget it all. Compile, blessed little Compile, is getting treated like an ordinary four year old. Warmer can barely care for ants. And Eon? There's no way for him to grow up even reasonably normally now. You have ruined lives. Yet all you manage to say is you're so sorry." Freedom stood up on her chair to make true eye contact with him. "There is no way to ever make up for that."

Freedom stepped down and turned away. The treasonous voice had returned. "And I don't even know if I have the right to blame you," she said softly, barely louder than a whisper, but still loud enough for some people to hear.

@#Voidapple

Makc started clapping as soon as everyone else did, then promptly turned to go get Maq. The idiot was still smashing rocks with spikes.

Maq was just salty that his physical impediment prevented him from harnessing the spirit webs of rocks. If only he had been able to see, then he could map out the bindpoints of these pebbles and begin creating his masterpiece.

"Because I love you," Tena said, trying to keep from smiling, and succeeding, mostly. "You're a kind, protective, wonderful person. And you aren't what you were." Just thinking of that, remembering him as he'd Lashed himself into the sky and began killing like it was a sadistic game to him, wiped the half-grin off her face. "Hey, you're a great person," she continued, to try and make him at least a little less sad. "As you are now. I don't care what you were like before as long as you remain my Ani as you are, okay?"

@#Voidapple

Max just sort of stood there. He berated himself for not being able to say anything, but by the time he’d stopped admiring how the couple looked great together it appeared Anthony was already off and talking to someone else. He took a seat and began gently emanating happiness in all directions. It was weak, he didn’t want to derail the party, and besides, there were people with spikes here. But it was a gentle Riot, so that everyone could be happy for the wedding.

Though he kept up the Rioting, Max’s mood dropped when he saw the next person to enter the wedding.

I should be dead, was Lusk Uwik’s main thought as he weakly walked into the wedding. He looked different than before, weaker, and thinner, though muscles could still be seen. He carried a cane he was now using for support and a long sleeved shirt. His face looked tired instead of angry and it was clear to anyone who knew his power that he wasn’t tapping nor even storing in his atiumminds. Too much Investiture could “tip him over the edge”, the doctors said. Lusk wished they’d be a still more storming clear about their analogies.

He’d been out of the hospital for about a week, and already he was being invited to a wedding.

He moved to the newlywed couple. “Hello,” he said with a flick of a smile. He realised they’d been talking to someone, a young girl, and he nodded walking away. The girl didn’t look very happy, but if there was one thing Lusk had learned, it was that heroism was overrated. So he just hung around in the general area, until the conversation is over,

Edited by I think I am here.

Good morning Ark....

Althea took Max hand, softly tightened her fingers around it. She observed Anthony and Tena walk away again. They looked great, though maybe a bit hasty? But then she remembered well how many people you had to greet and so she didn't mind, looked around the hall.

She felt Max tense  and simply stayed by his side, quietly observed Lusk.

Silas ran forward. "Congratulations." He handed the newlyweds what appeared to be leather matchbooks, an off-white one for Tena and a black one for Anthony. "I'll explain these in a bit. I've just got to help my wife get here with the twins first," he said, tapping a Tia card and disappearing in a flash of light.

@#Voidapple  

Sorry it's not letting me tag anyone besides Voidapple.

Suddenly, for a single moment, there was a rending sound, as if the universe itself were tearing in two. Then it was gone, and a dazed young woman was suddenly standing on the grass. She has long strawberry blonde hair, emerald green eyes and a haunted look to her. She wore a flowing, white blouse with a leather vest covering the chest, tight pants, and leather boots.

"Ow," the young woman says, stumbling across the grass. She trips, and has to grab onto an object to steady herself. "Nobody ever told me Restoring a universe had to be so Sharddamned hard... ugh..."

And with that, the woman threw up onto the lawn.