#Tent- MY CHARACTER IS GETTING MARRIED

Ark1002

"Come here please and stand as witnesses under this canopy." Luwadan said, gesturing for Dwig and Mr. Amber to come closer.

Then he took out of his duster a small bottle of low alcohol wine and a plain glass cup, he filled the cup to its brim with blood red wine.

Then, glass resting on his palm, he intoned "Blessed be you, Adonalsium our god, king of the universe that sanctified us in his commandments, and ordered us the laws of incest. And forbade us the engaged, and permitted those who are wedded to us by canopy and hallowing" his voice fell and rose in the ancient rhythm.

He gave the cup to Anthony to sip from and then to Tena.

"Anthony your ring, please." Luwadan asked putting his other hand out.

Then he enquired "Anthony this ring is yours?"

"Yes" Anthony replied.

"Witnesses," Luwadan turned to show them the ring. "Do you deem it's worth more than a clear chip?"

@AxeliustheGreat @#Voidapple @Dr. Dapper @Life&Death

Tena got a bracelet from Anthony, not a ring. She doesn't like rings. 

The bracelet is silver with turquoise gemstones going across the surface.

"Mm-hm," Seom said, barely glancing at the ring. Dru elbowed her in the ribs, and Seom glared at the short woman. Why does she care? It's just another wedding between just another man and woman who will make no difference to the world in their entire lives. "I mean yes," she continued, to keep Dru at bay. 

Dru looked at the ring for a long moment, seeming to study it for a while, then said, "Yes. I deem it worth more." Why does she sound so pretentious?

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

Dwig produced a pair of sunglasses from his pocket and put them on. They were normal looking aviator sunglasses, but they had an uplink to his phone and had a HUD that could zoom and enhance, as well as provide a bit of information about objects. He studied the bracelet for a second, then spoke

"Aye, it is."

Tena's mouth opened slightly as she looked at Anthony, at his face, his beautiful violet eyes. This is a big deal. If-- when-- I say yes, it's going to mean that I'll have to spend the rest of my life with him, unless I want to go through a long divorce and have to separate my baby from... her... father.

Well, then what the hell am I waiting for?

"Yes, absolutely," she said to Anthony.

@#Voidapple

I want to keep it short, i need to sleep, so beg pardon. I'll post till the next interaction now.

"O.K. now Anthony put the ring on the first finger of the right hand of the bride and say: 'With this ring you are here by hallowed to me'."  

"With this ring you are here by hallowed to me." Anthony repeated after him, putting the ring on Tena's finger.

"Hallowed. Hallowed. Hallowed." Luwadun thundered.

"Now we shall read the marriage contract:" he continued, waiting to no one. "on the twenty eighth day of the month of vinuarch, In the city of Alleyverse I the groom, son of alexander, promise from this day on to the bride, Tenareo daughter of Lenare, to provide for her, to cloth her and to cherish her and in case of breaking this contract I will pay her the amount of two hundred sky broams.

Here is the signature of the witnesses Dru and Mr. Amber."

He handed the paper to Anthony.

"Give her the contract, it's her's to keep."

"Tenareo your ring, please." Luwadan asked putting his other hand out.

Then he enquired "Tenareo this ring is yours?"

"Yes" Anthony replied.

"Witnesses," Luwadan turned to show them the ring. "Do you deem it's worth more than a clear chip?"

11 minutes ago, Blessed peace said:

and in case of breaking this contract I will pay her the amount of two hundred sky broams.

I love this ketubah. 1 sky broam = 1 dinar? :lol:

Freedom watched the ceremony. It surprised her to see how much Tena seemed to adore Anthony. She found herself wiping away a tear and immediately knocked herself out of it. 

This is the man that imprisoned you. she reminded herself. This is the man that gave you that scar on your forehead. This is the man that hurt you and your siblings. He doesn't deserve this.

Then a traitorous voice in the back of her mind spoke up.

But what if he isn't that man anymore?

21 minutes ago, Blessed peace said:

Witnesses," Luwadan turned to show them the ring. "Do you deem it's worth more than a clear chip?"

Mr Amber studied this one much like the other before speaking one word. “Yes.”

What would have happened if I said no? :P

Edited by Life&Death

I would've kicked your *ss.

Tena couldn't believe it. Had she just said it? Said yes? 

YES! 

Now, this means that he only needs to say one word. One word to make my entire life worth going through, just to be here. To hear him say it. That's all I need, really. I could just live quietly for the rest of my life, and raise our children (children? (maybe)) with him. Come on, Anthony. Just say it. That's all I need. I'll love you forever. 

She felt a little nervous, strangely, looking up into his infused-amethyst eyes, and grabbed one of his hands reflexively, then the other. His hands were rough, but they matched hers just fine, and having that calmed her easily.

"Good. Now take the ring and ask him."

"Will you be my husband?" Tena implored.

In the ketubah you technically agree to pay the equivalent of 13 KG solid silver.

Well since you are one and the other three say it is. Nothing happens, but someone might kill you.

Edited by Blessed peace

"Eureka!" Maq stands up excitedly, accidentally knocking over the chair of the guy in front of him. 

He waves his cane around, trying to regain his balance and accidentally knocks Mackc in the face. While Mackc's trying to recover, Maq excitedly paces to the side of the meadow where he picks up a pebble and smashes it with a spike. He stares dejectedly at the smashed rock and the spike, then bends down to repeat the process. "I know that I'm onto something. I just know it!"

Makc meanwhile sat on the other side of the row with Makck on his shoulder. They completely ignored the entire exchange because neither of them have ears, and Makc is heavily focused on the wedding ceremony.

Tena felt like exploding. Or even imploding. Gorramn it. He just said yes. Oh Sisters, he said yes and that means that I’m married to the most kind, strong, wonderful man in the universe. Oh my god. Oh Almighty above. Her heart was pounding way high, but it had been like that fo the last couple of minutes, so she didn’t go crazy or anything. 

Anthony was smiling. He had the best smile. It was like sunlight in shadows, like a clean cold river in the mountains, like everything was fine and she could just relax because Anthony was there to help her. With his eyes and the rest of his face it became one of the best things she’d ever seen, or heard of, or anything, really. 

She couldn’t move, just stood and looked up into his eyes. Was the officiated going to say something, or whatever? She wasn’t thinking right. Oh my god. Oh my god.

@Blessed peace @#Voidapple

Max entered the area where the wedding was taking place and looked around happily. He was reminded of when he’d had his own weddding, with Althea. He smiled fondly at the memory, looking at the two rings that rested on his hand. He walked forward, and sat on one of the chairs, observing the ceremony taking place. He heard Anthony say ‘yes,’ and he smiled. They were about to be officially married.

Makc felt a tear roll down his cheek. It was so amazing to see people in love. It was a complete different environment then anything he had seen as a kid.

Suddenly without warning music began blaring in Makc's head. Internally he groaned. He looked to the left at Mackc who was helping a poor fellow back into his seat.

Looking behind him he saw Maq hard at work smashing rocks with a spike.

They had hoped that by getting him out of the lab he would be able to get a life. But every time they tried he made it about 30 minutes before he tried to find his break through again.

Makc facepalmed and looked at Mackc. With a subtle shake of the head, he indicated that they should just ignore him. 

He pointed at Mackc, and mouthed "Music?" Indicating that Mackc should try to block out the sound with some music.

Mackc shrugged and started playing the wedding march softly in the back of everyones heads.