#Tent- MY CHARACTER IS GETTING MARRIED

Ark1002

Returned walked over and sat down.  He looked bored for a second, but then he noticed a man who wandered into the meadow. He stood up, a stern, cold look on his face, and walked towards the newcomer.

——

Darkness nonchalantly wandered into the meadow, and made a beeline towards the hors d'oeuvres.  A large shadow loomed above him and he looked up to meet the gaze of Returned.  

——

Returned hid his satisfaction at the look of complete shock that crossed Darkness's face.  Darkness masked the look quickly and put on a bored, but amused expression.  "Hello Returned," he said in a clear, unwavering voice.  Returned was surprised at that.  Darkness had never been good at hiding his emotions.

"Hello Darkness.  I never expected to find you here."

"Yes, well, um, I've got, um," A feigned look of recognition crossed his features, "Hey, Joe!  Storms but it's good to see you," he half-ran across the meadow and clasped hands with a random person, who just happened to be Zan.  His voice echoed across the clearing, "It's been forever, I, storms man.  It's great to see you here.  Hide me."

Returned looked across the meadow, amused, but also slightly troubled.

@Turtle373

Darkness regarded Zan with pleading eyes, "Yes, of course you know me old friend.  Anyway, I've got to go."  He turned to the side, and bumped into the hulking form of Returned.  Returned placed a massive hand on Darkness's shoulder, and guided him away.  As they left, you could hear Returned say in an ominous voice, "You and I need to talk.  Old friend."  

Mr Amber walked into the clearing of the forest leading 16 servants each bearing a giant tray of wedding themed chocolate desserts. "Set them up in a large circle off to the side." He ordered.  Mr Amber walked over to the couple. He was dressed in a completely black suit with a black gemstone imbedded tie. It glowed with stormlight as he walked. 

"Congratulations." He said, bowing slightly. "I have brought chocolate for the occasion, I hope you enjoy."

Freedom stopped glaring at Anthony long enough to take a look around, trying to recognize anyone by descriptions Pry had given her. She saw someone who might have been that Mr. Amber fellow, but wasn't sure.

"You still okay?" Tanel asked.

"Yeah," she said. "So far mostly good."

Returned led Darkness away to the edge of the clearing.  "Darkness, I don't want to instigate any violence here, that would ruin the wedding.  No violenc until after.  But with what happened last time, I don't think that you and I can be within one hundred miles of each other."  Darkness tried for a smile, but his nervousness showed through.  Darkness froze.  Returned's smile fell, and he tried to move Darkness.  Nothing.  He was storing kinetic energy.  Returned sighed, and resignedly thought that this always happened.  Darkness suddenly moved explosively, ripping Returned's hand off of his shoulder, kicking him in the chest, and dashing across the field.  Returned flew backwards, hit a tree and fell to the ground.  It all happened in the space of a few seconds.  Returned sighed again, but let it be.  

8 hours ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Tena... forced... a smile onto her face and shook her head, then nodded at the next two people who came up to congratulate her and Anthony. Say, what is wrong with me today? She glanced around at the crowd, at people wearing nice clothes and being polite, and it was like she was suffocating in all the attention. I'm not used to having so many people around. I can manage a bunch of construction workers, but not these few? Usually, she was in one of two situations: at work with her lot to boss around, or at home with Anthony and/or Lenare. Even this many people felt unnatural, though she'd probably have to get used to it. 

"Okay, so yeah, there's something wrong with me," Tena confessed quietly to Anthony. "People. I'm not used to this many people. I'll be fine in a minute." 

Lenare appeared a few steps away, then walked over to Tena with a strange expression on his face. He ruffled her hair lightly, which made her glare at him, then said, "You're finally happy. Congrats. To you as well, Anthony." Tena nodded at her grandfather, and probably would've hugged him, but that would have been nigh-impossible in her state. Lenare ruffled her hair again, then walked over to sit at the table where those two young women had gone. 

"Grandpa!" Seom said, and stood up just as Lenare got to her table, hugging her grandfather tightly for a moment. Then, she recovered he composure and sat back down, blinking repeatedly. The short woman who had sat down opposite her leaned forward slightly, as if intrigued by Seom's sudden reaction. 

"Nice to see you too, C," Lenare said, and sat down in another of the chairs. "How've you been doing lately?" 

"Fine. Nothing was too difficult. I'm just glad Pa left back to Scadrial without killing anyone. He looked about ready to." 

"Your father has been like that for a really long time. I think he's coming here, actually." 

"Why?" 

"Oh, I don't know. Probably wanted to see you, if I had to guess. Makes enough sense to me." His one wolf ear flicked back, almost unconsciously, and Seom wondered what that meant. She'd seen her dogs do that when they were distressed or aggressive, but Lenare wasn't a dog, of course. "Ah, and here he is. Wanted to meet the couple before sitting down, I guess." 

Tena stiffened as she saw who was now approaching. "Travis," she said, her voice flat and cold. 

"Yeah," Travis said. His face was impassive, but that wasn't anything new to Tena, even though she hadn't seen him in twenty years.

"Why're you here?" 

"Just wanted to wish you well, Tess. Don't freak out at me."

"I wasn't--" she slowed her breathing, "just go sit. We can talk after it's over, okay?" 

Travis nodded, then walked over to the table Lenare had gone to (why had that girl called him 'Grandpa'?). He sat down next to that same girl, and Tena decided that she would just ignore it until she was married.

Anthony tried to quell the supreme look of total bewilderment spreading across his face. That, of course, did nothing to stop it. "What- who- why- what in the storms just happened, why, and who was that?"

“My ex-boyfriend,” Tena said absently, looking over at Travis as he sat down near Lenare and those two girls, started talking. He looked really old, compared to how he’d looked... twenty years ago. Wow. What a shock. “Remember? The father of my second miscarriage. Hmm?” She looked up at him and smiled slightly at his expression. “Don’t worry about it, hun. We’re going to get married! So we shouldn’t frustrate ourselves over little... things like that.” 

Darkness walked over, and overhearing the Bride and Groom's conversation, hesitated by them.  "Uh oh," he said, close enough for them to hear.  "This'll be interesting.  I wish you the best Old Man."

@#Voidapple

@AxeliustheGreat

Edited by King Taravangian

Tena stared at the man who had just insulted Anthony, her eyes flat and cold. "If," she said with a voice that was more equivalent to steel than anything else, "you ever call Anthony 'Old Man' again, I will find you and kill you. No forewarning beyond what I just said will be available to you. Do not think that this is an empty threat. It is not."

here we go @AxeliustheGreat @#Voidapple @Dr. Dapper @Life&Death please particepate.

"Tena and Anthony we are ready?" Luwadan inquired, they nodded. "So why don't we start?"

Tena went to sit with Dru and Seom, their height differences forming stairs, but never mind that. Luwadan was nervous and nervous men do and think all kind of wired stuff.

Anthony tapped his shoulder "now what?"

"hemmf… so let's go over to Tena and cover her face. Dwig, Mr. Amber. Come with us please."

He and Anthony started moving he didn’t look back to see if they were following.

They got to the table, Anthony caressing Tena's cheek as he covered her face.

"And now to the canopy" they turned about and advanced towards the canopy, it was made of pure white silk stretched between four wooden posts.

They reached the canopy and turned to look at the bride and her entourage coming towards them. Luwadan saw a tear falling from Anthony's eye.

Tena joind them under the canopy.

Luwadan opend his mouth. "With a good omen and good luck." He intoned, hoping it had the desired effect.

"Welcome to the wedding celebration of Anthony son of alexander and Tenareo daughter of Lenare".

"Who are the witnesses? We need tow who are not related to the bride and groom."

somebody answer, and fast please.

Tena realized, suddenly, that she needed two women to accompany her to the thing, or something like that, and looked around frantically, then saw Lenare sitting at that table with the two girls. She caught Lenare's eyes and gestured at the girls, then he smiled ruefully and talked to them for a minute. They walked over to Tena. "What is it we have to do?" the short one asked. 

"Honestly, I have no idea," Tena confessed, then looked them both over. The short one was wearing a shortish white dress with floral patterns near the bottom, which would do quite nicely, while the tall one (taller than Tena by maybe half a foot) was wearing a loose white shirt and long brown trousers, with a leathery duster. The tall one wasn't ideal, but Tena didn't see any other women, so she was going to have to make do. "Okay, just follow me around and do whatever the officiator says," she said to them, and they both nodded, though the tall one, who looked part Koloss, now that Tena thought about it, was clearly wary. 

Dru couldn't keep a smile off her face. This was a Jewish wedding, wasn't it? She'd never been to one both, but she figured that her duties were probably similar to a bridesmaid. Though she'd never been a bridesmaid either. 

The bride... she was intimidating. The way she'd snarled at the man who'd called her fiancé old was just plain scary. But I don't have to be scared. The tall girl's grandfather seemed fine when dealing with her. And she seemed nice enough. I just need to do something... "Oh, by the way, my name is Dru," she told the bride, who nodded. 

"My name is Tena, and this giant here is Anthony," Tena said courteously, glancing up at him. Dru tried to ignore him and narrowed her eyes slightly. Had she heard that name, Tena, before, in a story about the Seven Day War? Maybe. But it's probably just a coincidence. Tena doesn't look any older than thirty, and that war was twenty years ago. Tena turned expectantly to the super-tall girl Dru had sat near, and the girl remained silent for a moment, as though oblivious of everyone else. 

Then she seemed to notice Tena and said, "My name is Seom."

"Lovely name," Tena said with a slight strange look in her eyes. "Well, just follow along until the officiator tells you to do something."

@Blessed peace @#Voidapple 

3 hours ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Tena stared at the man who had just insulted Anthony, her eyes flat and cold. "If," she said with a voice that was more equivalent to steel than anything else, "you ever call Anthony 'Old Man' again, I will find you and kill you. No forewarning beyond what I just said will be available to you. Do not think that this is an empty threat. It is not."

2 hours ago, #Voidapple said:

Anthony absentmindedly patted her on the shoulder, smiling. She was always a bit overprotective.

Darkness chuckled in an extremely annoying way, and opened his mouth to speak.  He was interrupted by Ludawan beginning the ceremony, and he reluctantly took his seat.