#Tent- MY CHARACTER IS GETTING MARRIED

Ark1002

Johnny watched the kidnapper dude leave the tent. The sound of a chopper gearing up and flying away drowned out all other noise for a few moments. No one else reacted. 

??????

Are helicopter departure’s that common a thing? No one even batted an eye! In fact, no one’s batted an eye about anything about me since air got here! You’d think a bunch of kidnappers would pay more attention to their victim...

Hold on.

Johnny’s read the comic books. He’s seen the TV shows. He’s watched the movies. He always prided himself on his knowledge of all things superhero. 

He was looking at an Avengers wedding.

Except these guys aren’t the Avengers... 

That guy never even told me his name.

Guess I’ll just keep calling him kidnapper dude.

Kidnapper dude told me to meet him at a tavern.

I forgot the name of the tavern.

I forgot the name of where I am.

He clearly expects me to make my own way there.

I have no idea how to even get out of this tent.

That dude over there is smashing rocks.

That’s pretty awesome.

NO! FOCUS! Getting out of here. How am I getting out of here?

My arm feels so heavy here let me put this down.

Johnny put the Aperture Science Patented Portal Gun on the table and went back to thinking.

Wait.

Johnny spun around. That’s a Portal Gun. The Portal Gun. He scooped it up and cradled it reverently in his arms. The gleaming white matte finish. Those gorgeous prongs sticking out the front. All those years of futilely wishing it was real, and here it was. Johnny thanked Goodness no one was paying attention to him. That way they wouldn’t notice the tears he shed. 

He slid his arm into the slot in the back of the gun. It fit perfectly.

Forget everything else. Being kidnapped and sent to this place is the best thing that’s ever happened to me!

He noticed small display on the top of the gun, his years of video game training kicking in. The orange portal had already been placed. Odd. Clearly that portal was somewhere ready for connection. It’d be a waste to reset it. Johnny pointed the gun at a conveniently clear part of the table, and fired the blue portal.