It isn't often that I find myself hyped for things that haven't come out yet. I generally don't watch the horizons for new shows that are going to be making their debut, and almost all of my entertainment was introduced to me by a family member who practically had to strap me to a chair and force me to try something new. That is true of my love of Gravity Falls, of Avatar: The Last Airbender, of Undertale, and even of Brandon Sanderson himself.

This, my friends... is no exception! I had neither heard of Hazbin Hotel nor would I have cared about it until my brother made me watch the trailer and a few of the clips on YouTube. And also it isn't even remotely like any of those other things I mentioned, so don't take those things as related to this recommendation in the slightest. Hazbin Hotel is looking like a unique series in every sense of the word. It's not at all like any of the other things I enjoy, but strangely I still find myself looking forward to it and wanting to see where it goes. If you want to know something it might turn out looking like, it's from the mind that created the webcomic Zoophobia that no one I talk to has ever heard of.

I think it's best to let the show speak for itself now. I'm going to give the official synopsis and then I'm going to link to two clips from the official YouTube channel.

Synopsis:

Hazbin Hotel is the story of Charlie, the princess of Hell, as she pursues her seemingly impossible goal of rehabilitating demons to peacefully reduce overpopulation in her kingdom. She opens a hotel in hopes that patients will be "checking out" into Heaven. While most of Hell mocks her goal, her devoted partner Vaggie, and their first test subject, adult film-star Angel Dust, stick by her side. When a powerful entity known as the "Radio Demon" reaches out to Charlie to assist in her endeavors, her crazy dream is given a chance to become a reality.

Fair warning, this is looking like an adult show with bad language, cartoon violence, and occasional sexual references to boot. The clips I am about to link contain some of these elements, mainly the swearing. Make sure you're in an appropriate setting for watching such media, that you're an adult, etc, etc.

This is the official trailer for Hazbin Hotel.

And this is a clip containing one of the show's musical numbers, titled 'Inside Every Demon Is A Rainbow.' And honestly, if even the name of that song isn't getting a curious chuckle out of you, you and I are very different people.

Has anyone else heard of this upcoming show, and more importantly: is anyone else as weirdly hyped for this as I am?

Edited by Kobold King

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 11:11 AM, Taradiddle said:

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but oh my goodness the pilot came out and it's to die for! I may or may not have watched it half a dozen times so far...

Same! I keep on watching reaction videos so I can convince myself that I’m watching something new when I’m really not. I love the concept and execution of the pilot. It’s not flawless in regards to pacing and sound engineering, but it’s all really well put together considering the creator had never done a full length episode like this before. And the characters, my god the characters. I am actually in love and so hyped for a full season potentially coming down the road.