Ask Rebecca Anything

Rebecca

15 minutes ago, Elend Venture said:

Have you ever been to Teton County? If so, how frequently?

There’s one in Idaho and Wyoming, right? I’m pretty sure I’ve passed through Idaho’s on the way to Yellowstone, Jackson, or the Tetons, but I don’t think I’ve ever really stopped there. I live pretty close to it though. For Wyoming’s, that’s where Grand Teton National Park is, right? If so, then I’ve been there, if not then I have no idea haha. I don’t go to either that frequently, but again, I think we pass through Idaho’s on our way to National Parks and stuff.

Just now, Rebecca said:

There’s one in Idaho and Wyoming, right? I’m pretty sure I’ve passed through Idaho’s on the way to Yellowstone, Jackson, or the Tetons, but I don’t think I’ve ever really stopped there. I live pretty close to it though. For Wyoming’s, that’s where Grand Teton National Park is, right? If so, then I’ve been there, if not then I have no idea haha. I don’t go to either that frequently, but again, I think we pass through Idaho’s on our way to National Parks and stuff.

Cool, I was curious about both. I actually reside in the first town that you go through after entering the Idaho Teton County. We do frequently cross over into Wyoming though, after all the border to the other Teton County is just a few miles away.

7 minutes ago, Elend Venture said:

Cool, I was curious about both. I actually reside in the first town that you go through after entering the Idaho Teton County. We do frequently cross over into Wyoming though, after all the border to the other Teton County is just a few miles away.

Oh, that’s cool! Yeah, I live in Madison County, so we’re pretty close! ^_^

11 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Oh, that’s cool! Yeah, I live in Madison County, so we’re pretty close! ^_^

Yeah, I visit Madison and Jefferson at an average rate of 6-12 times a year and I quite enjoy your library. It actually happens to be where I first checked out the Mistborn Era 2 books. Excellent selection. 

Edited by Elend Venture

38 minutes ago, Elend Venture said:

Yeah, I visit Madison and Jefferson at an average rate of 6-12 times a year and I quite enjoy your library. It actually happens to be where I first checked out the Mistborn Era 2 books. Excellent selection. 

That’s good to hear! I think it has a pretty good selection as well, glad it could help you find more Sanderson. ^_^

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, AonEne said:

What are you reading right now? 

The Girl with the Whispering Shadow. It's the second book in The Crowns of Croswald series, a middle grade fantasy. It's pretty good so far.

Why did you first join TUBA? 

Ooh, good question! So it was actually on Discord that I first heard of TUBA. It was in the KotC server (which I liked to hang out on even though I didn't really participate in the roelplay anymore). Stormblessed Dolphin was talking about something called TUBA when I got online. I asked what it was and he explained it was a group that opposes the DA and gives out Hemalurgy free cookies. He told me TUBA had been in hiding for awhile but they were about to reveal themselves and become a more public group. So I said I was interested in joining, since I already tried to warn people on intro threads about the DA's cookies, and I thought it would be cool to be part of a group who did that kind of stuff (I didn't realize it would be a roleplay, otherwise I might not have joined, just because that requires a lot of time haha). He let me join (this is also when Sami joined too, I think), and for awhile, I was only part of the TUBA discord server, but then I heard about a PM on the Shard. I asked if I could join it, Storm added me, and boom, that's how I ended up in the TUBA PMs. I've loved being in them and hanging out, even if I don't participate in the roleplay.

Why did you first join the Shard?

It took me a minute to remember this story, but it's finally come to me! I was looking for a Knights Radiant quiz online (since I think that kind of stuff is fun, even if it's not super accurate haha). One website that popped up was a thread on the Shard with a link to a KR quiz and people discussing their results. I took the quiz, but then I came back to the thread on the Shard and thought, hey, maybe I should share my results too. I found out you needed an account to comment, so I made one. Thing is, after making the account, I never actually commented my results. I got too shy. It was a new website that I didn't really know the rules for or how it worked, so I decided I'd get to know the website a little better before I actually did anything. It's a good thing I did too, because if I'd just commented my results, I would have been necroing a couple-year-old thread haha. But yeah, after lurking for a little while and getting to know the Shard better, I found out it's a super cool place, and started getting involved. :D

Thanks for the questions, Ene! I don't think I've shared either of those stories before, actually, so it was super fun typing them all out!

Edited by Rebecca

8 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Thanks for the questions, Ene! I don't think I've shared either of those stories before, actually, so it was super fun typing them all out!

Thanks for the answers! They were fun to read! :D I'm really glad you joined the PMs too.

13 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

What’s your favorite Sanderson book? 

I love them all, but I think I’d have to go with The Way of Kings. Roshar is my favorite Cosmere world, and I think WoK is a great introduction to it. Plus it’s the SA book that focuses on Kaladin, and he’s my favorite. ^_^

15 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yes! The SA is my favorite, and WoK probably is too. Did you get the leather bound edition for the Way of Kings?

Oh, I wish haha, it’s seriously beautiful! Unfortunately, I don’t have the money for that kind of thing right now. Hopefully I’ll be able to get my hands on some future leather bounds though because I think they’re super pretty! Did you get it?

1 hour ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yes, just barely. It took me all month to save up for it and then convince my parents it was worth it. Yeah, it was a whole ordeal. 

Oh, wow, that’s crazy haha. Yeah, even though my dad loves Sanderson, even he wasn’t convinced it was worth the price (though he did want it) so he ended up not getting it. That’s awesome you were able to get your hands on it though!

Yeah, I was lucky. Since my parents don’t do allowance, whenever we ask for something we usually get it. They said if I get enough money to split it with them, they will buy the other half. 

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 0:31 PM, AonEne said:

Do you have a job? 

Yep! Just got one in the IT center at the college I’m attending. I basically just answer calls haha.

What is your quest?

To be the very best, like no one ever was.

Do you hear the people sing?

People? Oh, I thought those were songlings.

Hello? 

Annyeong!

Are you in your senior year or college (I should know this but I'm dumb and forgot :ph34r:)? 

A freshman in college. Just moved into my apartment yesterday and I start school Monday! It’s fine haha. Even I still think I’m a HS senior sometimes since the end of last school year was super weird, including my graduation.

Thanks for the questions, and sorry for responding late haha. I’ve been kinda busy the lady couple days.

7 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

How is it possible for you to be as nice as you are?

Well first of all thanks haha. Sometimes I feel like I’m being too aggressive or annoying but it’s good to know people think I’m nice. And, uh, I don’t know. :P I just always try to say the kind of stuff I want people to say to me. Whenever I look over my messages before sending them I try to make sure it’s not something I would feel annoyed, frustrated, or confused reading as the recipient (while also, y’know still being honest). It can result in a lot of overthinking, which isn’t great because then it sometimes takes me days to reply (on social media/text) even thought it should only take like a minute haha. I’ve gotten better lately at replying sooner though. But yeah, basically, I don’t know, I just try to be nice. :lol:

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

How are you?

Pretty good. A little stressed about school, but otherwise good.

Why did you pick princess peach as your avatar? Is the character significant to you somehow?

Yeah, okay, so basically my plan was to dress up on the Shard for Halloween, change back to normal, and then switch again for Ookla season. I did the same thing not last year but the year before, so I figured it would be fine. I didn’t think to check if the name change rules had changed (which they had). Instead of being 3 in a 60 (or maybe 90) day period like it used to be, it’s now only 2 name changes in a 90 day period. Which messes with my plan. So I decided to stay in my Halloween costume (PrincessPeach) until Ookla season so I could still be an ookla this year. 

But other than that, I was Peach for Halloween because I’ve always wanted to irl (since I was like 4) but all the costumes you could buy were stupid looking, and I didn’t know anyone who could make me a costume. So I did it on the Shard where it requires virtually no effort! :P Also, P3ac4 (which is Peach with the 3=e and 4=h) is my username on nearly every other site, with her as my avatar as well. When I was 8 or 9, my dad helped me come up with it as my gamer tag, but I didn’t understand what that meant so I just used it everywhere haha. And now that I’m in the habit, I still do. I guess it just didn’t feel like it fit here though, so I chose Rebecca instead!

What is your passion?

Oh, um...I don’t know haha. I’m interested in a lot of different things. But I guess career wise, I love helping others and I love kids, so I’m going into teaching.