Ask Rebecca Anything

Rebecca

Hey, anyone who is reading this! This is my AMA (AND 1,000 post!!!) so ask me anything you want. I’ll probably answer whatever you ask, but I won’t answer any questions I’m not comfortable with doing so. That being said, ask away, and make the questions as absolutely random as you please!

Also, tagging anyone who wanted to be.

1 minute ago, Inklingspren said:

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Huckleberry

2 minutes ago, Inklingspren said:

favorite class in school?

Out of the classes I’m taking currently: Ceramics

3 minutes ago, Inklingspren said:

Why are fire trucks red?

Um, because they stand out. Helps people know to GET OUT OF THE WAY! THERE IS AN EMERGENCY!

4 minutes ago, Inklingspren said:

Who was the 31st president of the USA?

Hoover

If you were fighting an army of super intelligent groundhogs which cosmere character would you want to have by your side?

If you could have the choice of owning a bottomless chest of gold which would subtract a year of your life for every ten pieces taken out would you do it?

If not now then when?

Pepsi or Coke?

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

If you were fighting an army of super intelligent groundhogs which cosmere character would you want to have by your side?

Vin. She’s just so awesome! And.....yeah, I don’t really have any other reason.

If you could have the choice of owning a bottomless chest of gold which would subtract a year of your life for every ten pieces taken out would you do it?

No. As Lirin said, “You cannot our a price on a person’s life.” I’d rather live and experience over have money.

If not now then when?

How about....in 16 years.

Pepsi or Coke?

Neither. I don’t drink anything caffeinated.

Congratulations on your 1000th post! My Google is broken, so I've got some trivial questions for you. 

Which is better: waffles (with syrup) or pancakes (with stirrups)?

If you could reunite a band for a single performance, who would you pick?*

Beyonders vs Fablehaven, which is better?** Also, who would win in a race through an (Earth) jungle, Galloran or Patton? There's a large mechanical leopard chasing each of them as they run.  

*There's no wrong answers except the Jonas Brothers

**There's no wrong answers except the Jonas Brothers

32 minutes ago, Archer said:

Beyonders vs Fablehaven, which is better?** Also, who would win in a race through an (Earth) jungle, Galloran or Patton? There's a large mechanical leopard chasing each of them as they run.  

I can’t resist answering this, though it may be Rebecca’s AMA. I love Brandon Mull!

Fablehaven is better; Beyonders was actually his first series, but it wasn’t published until Fablehaven was successful.

And Patton would win.

1 minute ago, Jaywalk said:

And Patton would win.

I'm a die-hard Beyonders fan. Or at least, I used to be. I've hit that stage where I know that the book is good, but the writing doesn't appeal to me as much anymore. Stupid aging. <_<

I liked Fablehaven too, but I will fight you about the Patton/Galloran race outcome. Patton's good at... everything, but Galloran would have an easier time taking down the leopard. I'd bet on him hijacking the cat and riding it to the finish line, while Patton would just trash it with a homemade catapult or something and be stuck running the rest of the way. 

Just now, Archer said:

I'm a die-hard Beyonders fan. Or at least, I used to be. I've hit that stage where I know that the book is good, but the writing doesn't appeal to me as much anymore. Stupid aging. <_<

I liked Fablehaven too, but I will fight you about the Patton/Galloran race outcome. Patton's good at... everything, but Galloran would have an easier time taking down the leopard. I'd bet on him hijacking the cat and riding it to the finish line, while Patton would just trash it with a homemade catapult or something and be stuck running the rest of the way. 

I’m the same way. Most middle-grade books just don’t do it for me anymore.

I can’t really see Galloran hijacking the leopard; he’d probably just dispatch it with a Torivor blade. Patton, on the other hand...that’s totally something he would do.

2 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

But from a pure awesomeness standpoint, doesn’t Lift take the cake(pun intended)?

Hmm, that is true, didn’t think of that. I’d still choose Vin (because she’d be rusting amazing to fight alongside), but Lift sure is awesome. Staving awesome.

2 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

Who is your favorite fictional character?

Uh...............this question is too hard. *runs and hides behind nearest tree* I love all of them too much! I do love Kaladin though. And Seth (Fablehaven) is the best! Oh, and there’s Will too (Ranger’s Apprentice)! And-I’ll stop now....

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Congratulations on your 1000th post!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Which is better: waffles (with syrup) or pancakes (with stirrups)?

Waffles (with syrup). I mean, the stirrups sound pretty good, but waffles in general are just better than pancakes. ^_^

1 hour ago, Archer said:

If you could reunite a band for a single performance, who would you pick?*

Um, Guns ‘n’ Roses. Because they’re awesome and I can’t think of anything else right now.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Beyonders vs Fablehaven, which is better?**

I prefer Fablehaven, but Beyonders is great too.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Also, who would win in a race through an (Earth) jungle, Galloran or Patton? There's a large mechanical leopard chasing each of them as they run.  

I think I’m going to have to go with Galloran. Patton is, like Archer said, just good at everything. But I feel like Galloran would manage to win somehow.

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

Uh...............this question is too hard. *runs and hides behind nearest tree* I love all of them too much! I do love Kaladin though. And Seth (Fablehaven) is the best! Oh, and there’s Will too (Ranger’s Apprentice)! And-I’ll stop now....

I can respect all those answers.

12 hours ago, AonEne said:

*takes a deep breath* What/who do you ship? As many as you're okay with listing.

I don’t really ship a whole lot. I ship Christmastree and Renora, but those are really the only ones from RWBY. And RWBY is the only place I’ve ever really shipped anything. Oh, and Eve x Seth (Dragonwatch) is another one. But that’s about it.

Edit: *facepalm* And Kracken of course (what I call Kendra x Bracken because I think it’s hilarious)! Warren x Vanessa is something I kind of want to see as well.

Edited by Rebecca

3 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I don’t really ship a whole lot. I ship Christmastree and Renora, but those are really the only ones from RWBY. And RWBY is the only place I’ve ever really shipped anything. Oh, and Eve x Seth (Dragonwatch) is another one. But that’s about it.

Edit: *facepalm* And Kracken of course (what I call Kendra x Bracken because I think it’s hilarious)! Warren x Vanessa is something I kind of want to see as well.

All of these are so me:D

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 4:03 PM, Archer said:

AAAAAGH! I love Brandon Mull. I'm totally the same way. Before the cosmere, Ferrin and Nedwin were my life, but now... yeah. Favorite Fablehaven/Beyonders characters pleeeeease?

On 2/7/2019 at 6:18 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Favorite Fablehaven/Beyonders characters pleeeeease?

Seth! Seth is the storming best. He’s one of my favorite fictional characters, probably only after Sanderson’s characters. From Beyonders I really liked Ned. He was a pretty neat character.

10 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Last Post or Longest Thread?

The Longest Thread forever! Speaking of which, I should go post there real quick....

Brandon Sanderson or Brandon Mull?

Sanderson is definitely my favorite author. His world building, magic systems, and all the connections in the Cosmere are all things I find very intriguing. But Mull is amazing as well. He was my favorite before I found Sanderson.

Just now, Rebecca said:

The Longest Thread forever! Speaking of which, I should go post there real quick....

Wrong answer.

Just now, Rebecca said:

Seth! Seth is the storming best. He’s one of my favorite fictional characters, probably only after Sanderson’s characters. From Beyonders I really liked Ned. He was a pretty neat character.

Sanderson is definitely my favorite author. His world building, magic systems, and all the connections in the Cosmere are all things I find very intriguing. But Mull is amazing as well. He was my favorite before I found Sanderson.

Right answer!

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Why can’t I pet a shark?

I don’t know. Why can’t you? Do you not have hands? Not having hands would definitely make petting a shark difficult. Or maybe the shark doesn’t want to be pet. Maybe he just wants to read his book instead. He’s reading The Way of Kings right now. And he’s getting to the good part.

On 1/25/2019 at 2:57 PM, Jaywalk said:

I can’t resist answering this, though it may be Rebecca’s AMA. I love Brandon Mull!

Fablehaven is better; Beyonders was actually his first series, but it wasn’t published until Fablehaven was successful.

And Patton would win.

Beyonders is still awesome.

If you were fighting an army of hedgehogs being controlled by ruin with Seeker spikes, what weapon would you use to fight them?

If you could be teleported to any fantasy world, which would it be? 

My friend once drank water from a creek a meter downstream of a crapping cow. Do you know anyone who would do something like that?

Edited by ElendVenture

13 hours ago, ElendVenture said:

If you were fighting an army of hedgehogs being controlled by ruin with Seeker spikes, what weapon would you use to fight them?

Daggers. ........Because daggers are cool.

If you could be teleported to any fantasy world, which would it be? 

Definitely Roshar. I find everything about the place so fascinating; the food, clothing, culture, geography and even buildings. I would, of course, have to try some chouta while I was there.

My friend once drank water from a creek a meter downstream of a crapping cow. Do you know anyone who would do something like that?

I can think of a couple people who would do that solely to see the look on my face when they did.

10 hours ago, Sami said:

Halt is where it's at :P 

Haha, yeah. Halt is the best. :D