How did you find your first Brandon Sanderson book?

I got hooked on Infinity Blade. Was a large member of that community while it was still active. It got me introduced to this community, and I quickly read all of Sanderson's work. After the Infinity Blade forums got hacked, activity dropped significantly, so I ended up coming here permanently.

Needed a book to read after the gathering storm came out and I thought hey the coauthor seemed pretty good I wonder if he has any good books so I checked and found WOK. While it did give me something to read while I waited for the last two WOT books the cure turned out to be worse that the disease since I now had to wait for WOR.

Both my parents and my friend had read Stormlight, and were always complaining about how long it was taking the third book to come out. They all suggested WOK to me and I decided to read it for a school book report. I loved it and finished reading it weeks before it was due. Fortunately, all that extra time was good, because summarizing the entire story, with three different characters each with their own plot, within six body paragraphs, is not easy.:D

On 1/24/2019 at 9:09 PM, Invocation said:

Dude in middle school threw a copy of Mistborn at me and it hit me on the head. Picked it up and ran because it was his book and it was revenge. Read it. Instantly hooked. Never gave the book back.

10/10

My brother and mom had both read SA, so one boiling, smoky-from-stupid-forest-fires day, I picked up WOK, read the rest of the series in 3 weeks, and developed a perhaps- not-totally-healthy obsession with every other Branderson novel I could get my hands on.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this video.

Then a few weeks later, someone called me an "Airsick Lowlander", and so I decided this was a book I really needed to read.

And then I read everything else Sanderson has published, with the exception of Wheel of Time. :D

• 5 weeks later...

Mine's weird- a few years ago our librarian was throwing out Way of Kings and she said I could have it if I wanted.

A few weeks ago a different library was throwing out...Way of Kings and I bought it off them for 50 cents.

I don't know what it is about librarians throwing out WoK but as sad it is; if the first never happened I probably wouldn't be here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was browsing barnes and noble one day, as I tend to do.  I was looking through the fantasy section, and I just had this itch to grab a big fat fantasy novel.  Way of Kings was big and fat, and had a cool cover, so I bought it.  Lol.  I wish there was a more in depth story, like I had read some review, or someone threw it at me, but nope.  Just randomly picked it up, took it home, and now I'm here.

• Chaos locked this topic