A Little Twist

Zephrun’s Imperium

So, I have weird ideas (don't we all) and one day, I imagined a scenario in which Mistborn is produced as a movie and becomes really successful. So successful in fact that, in an attempt at a money grab they decide to make a prequel called Survivor about Kelsier because Kelsier is awesome and who doesn't love Kelsier? Anyway, as I started mulling over this, I started to think of how it began, but to my amusement, it took a fun turn. Enjoy. :D

Long, long ago, in an ashen world, dubbed Scadrial by its gods, a baby was born. His birth was not an extraordinary event. It happened in a nondescript corner of the capital city Luthadel, planned and prepared for. But this baby was no ordinary baby. He was destined to bring tyrants to their knees, bring hope and joy to the downtrodden. To overcome the greatest of challenges and go above and beyond the limits of mortality. Or at least, he would have been, if it weren't for a second birth, not a year later. If you've ever had a little brother, you'd understand the way Marsh felt at having a second person in his home. Kelsier was loud and Marsh wanted attention. And it seemed nothing changed as the years went by. Why, if anything, Marsh's lesser was getting even more annoying as time went on. But, then, if you are someone's little brother, you'd understand how Kelsier felt. The world was his oyster and Marsh, who was taller, and smarter and knew practically everything, was susceptible to his whims. Yes, little Kelsier loved being able to control what other people thought and did. He wanted to be just like his brother, have everything he had, do everything he was destined to do. And he would do it better. And so it was that Kelsier committed his first robbery. And stole his brother's destiny.

• Chaos locked this topic