Mystery

Stormblessed Dolphin

Somewhere on the outskirts of the Alleycity, a man was digging up a grave. Who was he? Well, that's really not important, he doesn't really even need a name. Suffice it to say, he was a graverobber. No? you insist on a name? Fine then, his name was Jaks. Happy now?

Now, back to the relevant events. Jaks was slowly digging out a grave, he was in no hurry, there was no one around. Besides, he didn't like to strain himself. A light breeze blew through the night, shaking the trees. A single leaf descended and brushed the tombstone next to him. It was a rather ornate tombstone, an obsidian staff, with a spear and scythe curling around it like snakes. Set on a short circular base with flourishes and embellishments carved into it. He had been digging at a steady pace for nearly an hour, taking his time. He paused to wipe the sweat from his brow, and looked up at the moon, a distant look in his eyes; he fingered a small hourglass pendant he wore around his neck. He soon resumed his digging, and it wasn't long before his shovel struck something solid. 

"Aha" he muttered under his breath, kneeling down to brush the dirt away. As he did, the edge of a sleek, black coffin was revealed. He gasped. "By Voidus himself.." he whispered. He quickly returned a shovel-full of dirt to re-cover the coffin. He glanced up at the tombstone, recognition dawned on him. Of course. He rushed away into the night, still holding his shovel, heedless of any who might see him.

It was less than a quarter hour later that he returned, a bag slung across his shoulder. He knelt before the still fresh dirt, and pulled some kindling from within his cloak, set it out over the grave, then carefully laid out the contents of the bag; the bones of Saint Valvoch of the Alleys. He inspected his work for a moment, pulled out a flint and steel, then struck it, lighting the kindling.

As the bones of Valvoch burned reality started... bending. instead of a sleek black coffin Jaks saw a doorway with an hourglass emblem on the front. As the fire engulfing the bones turned black the door flew open, and Jaks was pulled into something that looked like a cross between a necromacer's lair and one of the most high tech laboratories in the world. Lasers powerful enough to torture inter-dimensional beings rested on grimoires reproduced by  enslaved Darkhor monks, and cages full of various radiant spren with binding spells on them were guarded by seons and skyzes wearing the latest in scadralian fashion. in the centre of this whole mess a figure stood, his clothes shifting constantly, but his gravitas remaining the same. One second he was wearing a cloak darker than a starless night, the next the robes of a monk, and then ripped jeans and a t-shirt for Aluminium Zeppelin. He was hunched over a table upon which lay a figure that was... human... but not quite. It was of flesh yet every once in a while you could see the Dor erupt from a cut on its forearm, and wisps of stormlight seemed to replace the being's hair. Hanging from the ceiling was a tankard of liquid chromium that seemed to be feeding the thing through its tattoos which were a blend of glyphs and the steel alphabet and... somehow Aons? Except for the massive one on his chest, which was a Tear of Edgli. As Jaks gazed at this scene with wonder a drop of sulfuric acid landed on his boot, burning through it and causing him to let out a yelp, which broke the (currently) cloaked figure's trance and made him drop the waffle he had in his mouth. He quickly turned around and teleported over to Jaks with a swift motion that almost seemed like a step, but covered 20 metres. "My friend, you must be one of those followers I was told about on the tabloid spanreed. Kitted out with a platinum hourglass? Impressive. A true devotee of the cause. As you can see I'm currently... well I say dying but more collapsing in on myself. Too much power and all that. Currently making a successor for myself. Lovely chap, still haven't got a name for him though. Well he might choose one himself. Who am I to judge?" He chuckled as his face turned to bone for a few seconds and then back to that of a student who hadn't seen the sunlight in a few years. Or a razor. He noticed the flowers peeking out of the young man's cloak and quickly tossed them towards a little clay urn which seemed to be the only clean thing in this place. "Thanks" he muttered. "They were my daughter's favourite." He quickly snapped out of this sombre mood however and returned to his work, stitching shut the cut on his creation's forearm as he screamed something loudly in Ancient Makabaki. All Investiture stopped leaking out of the body and Lopen draped his cloak over it, where it turned into a black suit which seemed Awakened, although Death didn't require such technology for similar effects. He then touched his forehead, transferring a bit of his personality, and then dissipated a la Obi Wan Kenobi. "Almost forgot" his Cognitive Aspect said appearing next to Jaks. "Your reward." He handed Jaks a scroll and transported him to meet his family on the stunning beaches of Sel. His creation opened its eyes. "My name is... Malgorn." He took a waffle from the waffle storage unit, grabbed a few artefacts, and disappeared through a nearby alley. 

Life's going to be a bit hectic next week but yeah, hopefully sticking around. Oh this thread is purely to introduce Malgorn, semi kill off Lopen/Death/Aang, and do this while not disturbing any of the threads that I assume are currently busy. Also for the love of Adonalsium can someone link me to where the Voidapple ship came from?!