Random Thoughts

Lunamor

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

Have you watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail? There is a scene where the father keeps on trying to keep his son from breaking into song cause it’s really weird :P

I watched that movie all the way through, then just sat back and wondered “What the storms did I just watch?”

47 minutes ago, Handerfle said:

Ash's eyes, I love Monty Python! The ending did kinda leave me like: “what?” It was still fantastic.

Apparently they were going to have a big battle scene, but that ended up being too expensive so they went with the other ending instead :P

• 2 months later...
On 10/27/2019 at 3:07 PM, Lunamor said:

Apparently they were going to have a big battle scene, but that ended up being too expensive so they went with the other ending instead :P

I think it was perfectly normal for them all to get busted by the police. It only makes sense.

Also, I just asked my older brother to tell me a random thought he's had recently. He promptly responded by saying "What if when a kid was born, they just put a blind fold on him really quick, and then they stuck him on an island with everything he would need to survive. What would happen to him since he would grow up all by himself? He wouldn't learn to read, write, or anything like that, and he would never see another human. So what would happen to him?" My mom actually interrupted him near the middle to say "You're weird" in that joking but kind-of-sincere way moms do.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Ammanas said:

I’m thinking about getting my wife a ring for Valentine's Day but only if she refers to me for the rest of the month as "Annatar the Lord of Gifts."

I’m...not sure if that’s a good idea...like, I’m pretty sure you’re joking, but if not - don’t make her do that. :P 

• 1 month later...

Was going through the tvtropes page for viewer gender confusion and there’s so many characters I’m surprised made that list. One from the Pokemon side was the Hoenn character Gabby, part of a reporter duo that pop up throughout the story, where people didn’t realize she was a woman until ORAS. Another is Atreyu from Neverending Story. Either I must be very good at telling male and female characters apart or everyone else is being an idiot.

I’ve never played the original Hoenn games, so I never had that problem with Gabby. And...don’t they say Atreyu is a guy? I’m pretty sure that was mentioned like at least once? :P I could see people thinking he’s female from the appearance alone, but that movie is narrated. Weird. 

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

What makes fire so alluring?

Here’s how I imagine our brains think about it:

Ooooh pretty light

Oh no, light is too hot

But outside is cold, so hot good

And light is very pretty

I will make tiny home for light and give it dead trees

Because hot light needs to eat, and doesn’t eat me, so it must be vegetarian

I want to pet hot light, but it bites me

So I stare at it

Prettyyyyy

(Yeah, I’m not too sure why I wrote that either)

Just now, Lunamor said:

Here’s how I imagine our brains think about it:

Ooooh pretty light

Oh no, light is too hot

But outside is cold, so hot good

And light is very pretty

I will make tiny home for light and give it dead trees

Because hot light needs to eat, and doesn’t eat me, so it must be vegetarian

I want to pet hot light, but it bites me

So I stare at it

Prettyyyyy

(Yeah, I’m not too sure why I wrote that either)

I mean, it makes sense, especially when you consider fireworks... that's pretty much just 'make pretty light prettier!'