Random Thoughts

Lunamor

I had a random thought that I felt like I needed to share with someone. You know how when taking a picture of yourself, you look better the higher up you hold the camera and worse the lower it is? What if tall people think that everyone is prettier than short people do? Is that why little kids are so afraid of adults? Do they all look super scary because they are tall and ugly?

Anyone else have any random thoughts/questions?

Edited by Lunamor

This thread needed to exist, and I'm shocked it didn't.

7 hours ago, Lunamor said:

How do babies think internal thoughts if they can’t speak or understand words? Don’t people think in a language? What do babies do?!?!?

Also, this is going to haunt me forever.

Random thought - why are random thoughts sometimes called shower thoughts?

16 minutes ago, AonEne said:

This thread needed to exist, and I'm shocked it didn't.

Also, this is going to haunt me forever.

Random thought - why are random thoughts sometimes called shower thoughts?

1. Thanks

2. Mwahahahaha

3. It’s because people often think up random things like this while in the shower because they have nothing else to do (I think).

Edited by Lunamor

On 1/25/2019 at 2:58 AM, Lunamor said:

Does every person see all of the colors as different ones? Is that why people have different favorite colors? Is everyone’s favorite color actually the same color? 

Thought about this before! It’s impossible to test too. I mean, I could ask you what color THIS is but because we both think it is our version of black we both call it black not realizing that we both see something else.

Hurts my head just thinking about it :blink:

4 hours ago, The Forumlurker said:

Thought about this before! It’s impossible to test too. I mean, I could ask you what color THIS is but because we both think it is our version of black we both call it black not realizing that we both see something else.

I think it is technically is possible via the way our brains view combinations of color and some the science related to the psychology of color. Let’s say we take a pair of complimentary colors, blue and orange, but you see them as red and brown. I design a logo blending the two colors together, and using one as negative space. Because you see different colors then me, the logo doesn’t make any sense. Look up some tests that are used to determine whether people are colorblind. They do similar things that wouldn’t be possible if we saw different colors.

On the psychology side, we know that certain colors create certain reactions in the brain. The color of blood for example might cause a reaction of fear or panic. If we see different colors for blood then how does our brain know to cause these reactions?