Does the Everstom have a Spren?

Quantus

Question

It's really all in the title:  Does the Everstorm have a Spren equivalent of the Stormfather, and if not will it develop one eventually?

What sparked the question is the Voice in the Everstorm that Venli heard, which shoo'd away the Fused soul and preserved her, letting her bond a lesser spren to get Envoyform.  The Fused and corrupted spren assumed she was preserved by Odium, which is a reasonable explanation for the "paternal" voice, though it makes me wonder how much he noticed about Timbre, and what his plans for her (them?) are. 

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Quantus said:

Im not sure if this is even in the cards given the existing Number themes for Roshar vs Braize/Odium, but it would be interesting to me if this were us witnessing the birth of the Tenth Unmade. 

I was thinking about that awhile, like maybe the Everstorm's spren will replace Ba-Ado-Mishram as an Unmade since BAM is still imprisoned (I think)

I've believed this for quite a while. Especially since pretty much every mysterious thing on Roshar inevitably ends up being connected to a spren.

But to counter the point about the Unmade and their numbers:

1. It could be Chemoarish or Dai-Gonarthis. Their whereabouts (and natures) remain unknown.
  2. I think it's a mistake to assume that the term "Unmade" just means "very powerful spren of Odium." It's possible that the Unmade are a very specific type of spren, created in a specific process, and the theoretical Everstormfather is something  different. Also of Odium, but not technically unmade.

2 hours ago, Belzedar said:

I've believed this for quite a while. Especially since pretty much every mysterious thing on Roshar inevitably ends up being connected to a spren.

But to counter the point about the Unmade and their numbers:

1. It could be Chemoarish or Dai-Gonarthis. Their whereabouts (and natures) remain unknown.
  2. I think it's a mistake to assume that the term "Unmade" just means "very powerful spren of Odium." It's possible that the Unmade are a very specific type of spren, created in a specific process, and the theoretical Everstormfather is something  different. Also of Odium, but not technically unmade.

Both of those are fair points, and if I had to choose Chemoarish or Dai-Gonarthis for being the Everstorm, I'd probably hazard a guess at Dai-Gonarthis, judging from how Hessi's Mythica speaks of him.

11 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

Well, I would say that a spren for the ever storm would likely be the spren that once powered Urithiru. Also would be the third bond smith spren

I would doubt that, due to the fact that the Stormfather refers to the Sibling as sleeping.

Edited by Invocation