There will be a delay between Round 1 and 2, since I’m not quite happy with those puzzles yet (ie I haven’t written some of them). During that time I’ll probably let people drop out and sign up as they wish.

Activity picked up hugely over the afternoon, which is phenomenal. Thanks to everyone who is putting a lot of time into this - it feels really good to make something and then watch people enjoy it. Things like these are only as successful as its participants, and participation has been excellent.

EDIT: Team 5 is storming ahead after a slow start, with 4 rapid solves in the past few hours putting them in second place behind Team Voidapple. The winning team may be the one to solve the meta first, which is exciting!

Edited by MetaTerminal

ATTENTION TO ALL TEAMS: I have made a terrible error.

Please be aware that the meta is not quite accurate. The answer for Puzzle 1 doesn’t clue what fits in the blanks - it instead clues the opposite of what fits in the blanks. The antonym, you might say.

My extreme apologies for this. It won’t happen again.

IMPORTANT NOTE #2: Team 4 has now solved all puzzles except for the meta, putting them in second place behind Voidapple. Unless one of the other teams catch up (which is also likely), the first among those two to solve the meta will win the round.

IMPORTANT NOTE #3: Team 5 has solved the meta with four answers, and is 15 points from a full score. If they solve their final puzzle before either of the other teams solve the meta, they will win. It is quite literally neck and neck right now.

Edited by MetaTerminal

Congratulations to Team Voidapple, who made it to second place exactly 48 hours after the first puzzle was posted. Amazing work, y’all!

I will keep the round open for another day or so, in order to let more teams complete the meta. 

EDIT: Team 6 stuck with Puzzle 3, and have solved it! Well done!

Edited by MetaTerminal

Probably tomorrow. I’m still accepting answer submissions - Team 6 just solved the meta with minimal cluing - very well done to them. I’m expecting two of the other teams to get the meta soon.

I’ve also got a lot of things to say, which I will do through a wrap up post which will probably be the one to reopen signups. So that will go up in another 12 hours.

Edited by MetaTerminal

I will bear that in mind for both wrapup and next round. I shall imagine the core solvers for each team should remain roughly the same.

@Karnatheon and the rest of Team 2, will you be aiming to solve the meta this round? If so, I will probably keep answer submissions open to allow for that.

EDIT: Well done to Team 4, who persevered on the meta for a long time (well over 12 hours) and finally cracked it.

Edited by MetaTerminal

8 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

I will bear that in mind for both wrapup and next round. I shall imagine the core solvers for each team should remain roughly the same.

@Karnatheon and the rest of Team 2, will you be aiming to solve the meta this round? If so, I will probably keep answer submissions open to allow for that.

EDIT: Well done to Team 4, who persevered on the meta for a long time (well over 12 hours) and finally cracked it.

I would really appreciate it yes.

8 hours ago, The Last Post said:

you should get a puzzle making team

I’ve had a number of wonderful people offer to assist. Given that helping write would likely preclude you from playing, however, I’m likely to try and go it alone.

@StrikerEZ No problem. I know a number of people who were planning to participate more than they did because of IRL reasons, so if it’s not feasible to keep up then this is the right decision.

@Podman36 I’ve put you down on the list.