Short or Long?

teaspoon

So, I'm new to the cosmere as of early last year. After Way of Kings, I blew through the rest of the books and short stories (as many as I could get my hands on) in less than a year. I love the books and am already most of the way through them again.

As I said before, I really enjoy the books and can hardly wait for the next one. The only thing that is bothering me though is that WoA and HoA move a little slower, in my mind, than his other books. I'm having some difficulty following Vin into the next part of the story the second time around for this reason. I remember seeing a WoB saying that he was trying to avoid this slowness in his books as compared to the WoT books, but I'm not sure if he said that before or after HoA. Wax and Wayne are a refreshing contrast to the earlier trilogy, since they move so quickly, but the resulting shorter book makes me a little said. Has anyone else felt this?

Welcome! I was wondering why no one had replied yet.

200.gif

People are usually quick to welcome new users, to offer them cookies (some of which, apparently, contain hemalurgic spikes... but don't quote me on this) and to ask them a few questions.

To answer your question: I agree. It was easy to read TFE many times, but I haven't read WoA and HoA more than twice. I did it after reading Era 2 and Secret History, as it was fun to look for hints I had missed here and there. Tbh, I still like WoA and HoA better than Elantris, which is the only book I haven't  read twice.

I don't usually do this, but since nobody else posted:

1) Who's your favorite Cosmere character?

2) Which is your favorite Sanderson book?

3) Are you a regular teaspoon or a shardspoon?

4) If you were a Knight Radiant, from which order do you think you'd be?

Once again, welcome!

Edited by go_go_gragdet

Heeeey! Welcome into the shard! What @go_go_gragdet said is completely true (specially about the cookies), I'm sorry no one replied rapidly. And as he has already made you some nice questions for us to know you, I'll just wish you a nice experience trough the forums!

Also, for my taste, The Well of Ascension and The Hero of Ages were a lot better than The Final Empire, although that's just  personal opinion. And about Wax and Wayne series,yeah, I must agree that the rhythm for those books feels perfect, as I'm half way through Alloy of Law right now!

I see you've read the Cosmere. I highly recommend, you check out the RP section, particularly the Alleyverse. Also, join a guild! My personal favorite is the Ghostbloods, but I would also recommend the Keeper's, the Diagramists, and the Dark Alley.

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/forum/15-role-playing/

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/forum/92-alleyverse/

@go_go_gragdet @HarmonicMonk and @#Voidapple thanks for your thoughts.

@go_go_gragdet those are some good questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

1) Hoid is the one character who fascinates me the most, but that is probably because of the little information about him and his appearances in so many places. I also really like Kelsier.

2) This is a tough one. Until now I never thought about it, but I'm leaning towards TES even though it is just a short story.

3) A regular teaspoon.

4) Windrunner. I don't say that because liked Kaladin more than the other radiants (I don't really), but because I value keeping oaths and despise lies.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:56 AM, go_go_gragdet said:

(some of which, apparently, contain hemalurgic spikes... but don't quote me on this)

Yes, but the affects are quite beneficial.

Welcome to the shard!  Allow me to offer you one of the DA's complementary cookies.  I would recommend staying away from sub forums on books you haven't reaad, because it will most assuredly be spoiled for you. The RP section is great, and I definitely recommend the alleyverse.  The Diagramists are the best guild in the alleyverse.  Let me recommend the last post wins, or the longest thread for just messing around.  Welcome, and I hope your experience here is favorable.

On 22/01/2019 at 6:31 PM, teaspoon said:

@go_go_gragdet those are some good questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

1) Hoid is the one character who fascinates me the most, but that is probably because of the little information about him and his appearances in so many places. I also really like Kelsier.

2) This is a tough one. Until now I never thought about it, but I'm leaning towards TES even though it is just a short story.

3) A regular teaspoon.

4) Windrunner. I don't say that because liked Kaladin more than the other radiants (I don't really), but because I value keeping oaths and despise lies.

Kelsier <3

Good characters in TES too. Shai and Gaotona <3

Thank you for your answers. People know you a little bit better now. :) Hope you enjoy yourself here!