Era 3 Allomancy Uses

Invocation

What do y'all think the odds are of having, in Era 3 and beyond, Allomancers push on turbines as to get energy fields going and generate power?

Another interesting possibility is something involving highly-pressurized liquid metal that people push on to do stuff, like move stuff or what-have-you. That's possible, apparently, the Pushing and Pulling of liquid metal, albeit a little strange.

Questioner

How does liquid metal interact with allomancy? (e.g. mercury)

Brandon Sanderson

Right, right. I’ve always imagined it working like a ferrofluid in a magnetic field. You can pull and push on it, but it’s going to be weird and goopy. I haven’t had reason to push and pull on mercury yet, or any of the other liquid metals.

source

What other uses would probably become commonplace in Era 3 for the various forms of Allomancy?

There are plenty of signs in Era 2 of the increasing commercialization and wider availability of allomancy to regular people. Now that we have nicrosil medallions that allow anyone to access feruchemy, I'm sure that there will be plenty of wide-scale uses of both allomantic and feruchemical powers. Aviation will definitely be commonplace by Era 3, and I could definitely see power generation factories like you mentioned. But I think the most interesting uses are related to emotional allomancy and the temporal metals. We've already seen soothing parlors in era 2, and I think Bendalloy would have really profound effects on Scadrian scholarship (i.e. once bendalloy becomes easier to make and more widely available, you could read/study exponentially more in the same amount of time, which would lead to even faster technological advances on Scadrial).

One fun (but less useful) thing to see would be how chromium feruchemy works when someone else is using Fortune at the same time as you; do they cancel out? Like if you're playing a high-stakes poker game with someone else who's using a chromium medallion, would you both get insanely good hands? 

19 hours ago, dantlee said:

One fun (but less useful) thing to see would be how chromium feruchemy works when someone else is using Fortune at the same time as you; do they cancel out? Like if you're playing a high-stakes poker game with someone else who's using a chromium medallion, would you both get insanely good hands? 

From what I have read, I don't think F-Chromium works that way. I think it is similar to Atium in its functioning, so it allows you to "see the future" in a weird sort of way. I don't think it would increase your chances of winning poker, but it might increase your chances of winning a game of Russian or Roughs Roulette. That or allow you to turn the world into your own Rube-Goldberg machine. 

Era 3- all 5 southern people travel freely into and out of the basin, and likewise for citizens of the basin, but with large scale commercialization of both kinds of power has lead to many people having access to different variations of natural born power, compounding the power they were lacking not having Terris bloods (bad and good), and ett metal is going to lead to humanities escape from destruction.

Seems a little eh but it is a rough thought so far.

• Chaos locked this topic