Ink

9 minutes ago, BringerofShadows said:

"I am sick of wondering around and being useless. I want to bring down Hogwarts, but I can't do that alone." Cosette said with indignation. "But with you, we could be unstoppable." she says with hint of mischief. 

"Well I didn't seek you out for petty revenge." Iris says, her smile that has stayed sense she walked up to Cosette wavers a little, "It won't help you anyway. You need a purpose, not the fleeting sense of getting back at those who have wronged you, and that I can provide."

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Terra retreats into her dorm, taking a massive billboard off her wall. She shrunk it so that it could fit in her pocket, then made her way back down to the common room.

"Alright, done! So, what've you got?"

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Terra takes the billboard out of her pocket and resizes it with a quick engorgio. It grows to the size of one of the portraits guarding the house common rooms.

"These," Terra grunts, "are all my notes."

Bethany's eyes glance over the many scrawlings that covered the board. "So, what does all this mean?"

Just now, DramaQueen said:

Bethany's eyes glance over the many scrawlings that covered the board. "So, what does all this mean?"

"Well... I'll just give you the main points. These are the main points." She started gesturing to a few large pieces of paper that had been tacked to the middle of the billboard. Lots of tiny pieces of string connected them to the surrounding smaller bits. "First, some people are born more magical than others. Wizards and witches, obviously, can cast magic. Squibs can't, but they can see dementors, magical protections, and the like. Muggles can't see dementors or even Hogwarts. What this means is that some people are more magical than other people.

"Wands," Terra continued, pointing to another piece of paper, "are key to my theory. They choose their owner, not the other way around. They can switch owners as they deem fit depending on their temperament. You have a wand with Slightly Springy Flexibility, which means that there's a small chance that it'd switch owners if some occasion permitted it a better-fitting master--with luck, that would never happen. Wands are unique in their magical properties, as any number of items can channel magic--brooms, potions, paintings--but nothing channels magic as directly or as individually as a wand. Its magical capabilities are directly tied to its owner, which leads me to my last and most important point."

She pointed to a piece of paper in the middle. "The soul. Everybody has one, but it's finicky. You can tamper with it; cut it up, even lose it entirely. Your soul is your identity; your individuality. Without it, we're just empty husks." She gestured around the whole board. "It's my theory that it's your soul that grants you your magical strength, and it's why you only have one true wand. Your soul determines whether or not you're magic; not your blood. Your soul is everything. It is key." Terra sat down. "And yet I haven't figured it out entirely yet."

59 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

"Well I didn't seek you out for petty revenge." Iris says, her smile that has stayed sense she walked up to Cosette wavers a little, "It won't help you anyway. You need a purpose, not the fleeting sense of getting back at those who have wronged you, and that I can provide."

"And what purpose would that be?" Cosette asked with a hint of annoyance.

Edited by BringerofShadows

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well... I'll just give you the main points. These are the main points." She started gesturing to a few large pieces of paper that had been tacked to the middle of the billboard. Lots of tiny pieces of string connected them to the surrounding smaller bits. "First, some people are born more magical than others. Wizards and witches, obviously, can cast magic. Squibs can't, but they can see dementors, magical protections, and the like. Muggles can't see dementors or even Hogwarts. What this means is that some people are more magical than other people.

"Wands," Terra continued, pointing to another piece of paper, "are key to my theory. They choose their owner, not the other way around. They can switch owners as they deem fit depending on their temperament. You have a wand with Slightly Springy Flexibility, which means that there's a small chance that it'd switch owners if some occasion permitted it a better-fitting master--with luck, that would never happen. Wands are unique in their magical properties, as any number of items can channel magic--brooms, potions, paintings--but nothing channels magic as directly or as individually as a wand. Its magical capabilities are directly tied to its owner, which leads me to my last and most important point."

She pointed to a piece of paper in the middle. "The soul. Everybody has one, but it's finicky. You can tamper with it; cut it up, even lose it entirely. Your soul is your identity; your individuality. Without it, we're just empty husks." She gestured around the whole board. "It's my theory that it's your soul that grants you your magical strength, and it's why you only have one true wand. Your soul determines whether or not you're magic; not your blood. Your soul is everything. It is key." Terra sat down. "And yet I haven't figured it out entirely yet."

Beth looked around the board, trying to incorporate these ideas into the way she thought. "But what determines the composition of your soul? Could that be hereditary?"

Edited by DramaQueen

4 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Beth looked around the board, trying to incorporate these ideas into the way she thought. "But what determines the composition of your soul? Could that be hereditary?"

"The... composition of your soul?" Terra frowned. "I haven't thought of that. I don't... think it's hereditary. I think your soul transcends your genes."

1 hour ago, BringerofShadows said:

"And what purpose would that be?" Cosette asked with a hint of annoyance.

“That’s not something I can tell you unless I know you’re with us. I can promise you one thing though, there’s a wand in it for you. If you’re interested find my friend in England, his name is Hasel.” She pulls out a folded slip of paper and holds it out, on it is an address to a small suburban home.

Edited by Blessing of Potency
Added some things

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"The... composition of your soul?" Terra frowned. "I haven't thought of that. I don't... think it's hereditary. I think your soul transcends your genes."

"So, do you have an idea of what determines what your soul is like? I'd expect that to be a large piece of this puzzle. How do you expect to figure out how a soul grants the magic without knowing how a soul is brought into existence? And how do you explain the fact that most "pureblood" families continuously have magical descendents, while most muggle families remain muggle?"

Edited by DramaQueen

26 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"So, do you have an idea of what determines what your soul is like? I'd expect that to be a large piece of this puzzle. How do you expect to figure out how a soul grants the magic without knowing how a soul is brought into existence? And how do you explain the fact that most "pureblood" families continuously have magical descendents, while most muggle families remain muggle?"

"Those are..." Terra chuckled, "really good questions. I have no idea."

2 hours ago, Blessing of Potency said:

“That’s not something I can tell you unless I know you’re with us. I can promise you one thing though, there’s a wand in it for you. If you’re interested find my friend in England, his name is Hasel.” She pulls out a folded slip of paper and holds it out, on it is an address to a small suburban home.

Cosette snatches it, looks at the address. "Will do." Noodles has wrapped himself around her fingers, and was studying the piece of parchment. 

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

"Seems to me that those are kind of necessary questions." Bethany muttered, still looking over the board of notes.

"My focus has been away from blood status and magic and more towards wands, souls, and a magic, though. Wands and souls, mainly. See... I have a theory... a very far-fetched theory..." Terra dropped her voice to a whisper, "I think... I think it might be possible to bring back the dead."

16 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"My focus has been away from blood status and magic and more towards wands, souls, and a magic, though. Wands and souls, mainly. See... I have a theory... a very far-fetched theory..." Terra dropped her voice to a whisper, "I think... I think it might be possible to bring back the dead."

*GASP* 

In an alternate reality:

Ptoughneighx, face barely peeking out from the wall, gasps.

Sadly, Ptoughneighx is not an eavesdropper. 

Edited by Experience